PDA

View Full Version : psu dead?

illogikal
Jan 18, 2010, 08:36 PM
ive been away from psu for a while playing wow and other stuff and i just wanted to kno efre i re-activatemy acc is psu dead? how many people still play? thank you.

SuKKrl
Jan 18, 2010, 08:47 PM
It depends on universe, time and place

This should help http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173844

ashley50
Jan 18, 2010, 09:08 PM
where have you been?

stinkyfish97
Jan 18, 2010, 10:11 PM
Im calling it dead compared to where it should be. I mean I just started playing PSO Blue Burst and on the servers I play on, alone there are over 450 people on a consitant basis. PSU should have 10 times the amount of people playing it if it were run corectly, I mean I know of at least 20 people who have quite PSU because they just werent getting their bang for the buck, 10 bucks and hardly anything has changed since AoI came out, master classes and a few boards and thats been about it. Once PSU is run by private servers things will start looking up for this game.

Pickleahoy
Jan 18, 2010, 10:17 PM
I'm still waiting for a surprise announcement of Phantasy Star Whatever for 360/pc/ps3.... I believe I'll end up like the stray dog from Family Guy though.

Red Ring
Jan 18, 2010, 11:03 PM
look what eve online did since 2003. They kept all their players together as they upgraded the game. They should have done the same with PSO to PSU. It's hard to have faith in a company when it's constantly spewing out games and not supporting them near their death a few years later. There is no excuse to have handheld versions out that have new content and features over the paid MMO. They are going to dump PSU like the piece of garbage they made it become. Bad business practices from SEGA. They need to quit this crap. Same with PSP and PSP2. It should have been an update not a new game. Support your damn products, SEGA.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 18, 2010, 11:09 PM
It's fairly dead on the PC/PS2 side, but there's always at least a small handful of players on my cardlist who are on when I get on in the evenings.

I hear the 360 servers are in better shape.

Skids
Jan 18, 2010, 11:43 PM
Yea the Pc/PS2 side is quite dead sadly and it gets worse at time. Where a long time PSU player form beginning finally left the game. :(

Meyfei
Jan 18, 2010, 11:57 PM
:/ well, i think phantasy Star Universe has no commercials at all. atleast not in canada.

And to top it off i've not seen a single advertisement on the internet, if word could get around, saying to join via PC/ps2 then we might get more people.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 19, 2010, 12:03 AM
As far as the 360 side is concerned we're certainly not plentiful, but we're still around. lol Just look for us at White Beast, Dark Cod, or Seed Express.

Ranji
Jan 19, 2010, 12:07 AM
So... it's safe to assume I shouldn't waste the time of getting an account for PC, and should just wait for the shut down and inevitable opening of p-servers?

Gunslinger-08
Jan 19, 2010, 01:50 PM
It's entirely up to you. If you don't want to play that badly, I'd just wait for PSP2 or get PSZ.

stinkyfish97
Jan 19, 2010, 01:58 PM
I dunno if private servers will be up that soon. That could be like 2 years away still. But private servers are inevitable.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 19, 2010, 03:49 PM
Well, Psu will eventually die. But Mag+ is next week, maybe that will bring back some hope?

If only for a few days?

WolfDreamer
Jan 19, 2010, 05:02 PM
I'm in a similar boat as you it seems. Been a consistand WoW player for a long time, but when times are boring on WoW I shell out the $10 to change up the pace and play some PSU. I always try to play for a month when they release new major events (like MAG+ coming soon!) It helps to have some friends to play with online tho, or else you will get bored of it quick. If you already got the game then give it a $10 try and find some people to regularly socialize with online. If you don't own AotI already then I wouldn't go for it unless you are bored with all your other games and are looking for something different.

Ranji
Jan 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
I've got AotI, though my friend up in Wisconsin's got it, so I'd either have to wait on him to send it down, or ... obtain a copy through other means. I'm trying to remember if it had a key to it or not, if so I could just call him up and ask him to give me the key for it.

Wintermute0
Jan 19, 2010, 06:20 PM
I've got AotI, though my friend up in Wisconsin's got it, so I'd either have to wait on him to send it down, or ... obtain a copy through other means. I'm trying to remember if it had a key to it or not, if so I could just call him up and ask him to give me the key for it.

AotI doesn't have a product key, if that's what you're asking.

Ranji
Jan 19, 2010, 07:53 PM
Alright then, I'll see if he can send it asap, if he can't I'll have to use other means.... just wondering, what's the MAG+ event? Does it give you MAGs that work, like in the good ol days? Or is it just some room item.

ChibiBecca
Jan 20, 2010, 12:28 AM
MAG+ is not an item, it's the name of the mission you'll be running. ^^; Maximum Attack G.

Ranji
Jan 20, 2010, 05:14 PM
I see, well, just realized too, I'll have to see if I can get the rent's to allow use of their card, as I no longer carry one (doh!)

Gibdozer
Jan 20, 2010, 06:03 PM
There is no excuse to have handheld versions out that have new content and features over the paid MMO. Bad business practices from SEGA. Same with PSP and PSP2. It should have been an update not a new game.

I couldn't agree more

I dunno if private servers will be up that soon. That could be like 2 years away still. But private servers are inevitable.

How do you think that will work, will we be able to access the AOTI content on our hard drives(360)?

Well, Psu will eventually die. But Mag+ is next week,

Yeah 6 weeks of population followed by another 6 months of ghost town, oh well.

Max B
Jan 20, 2010, 06:08 PM
How do you think that will work, will we be able to access the AOTI content on our hard drives(360)?

He/She is talking about private servers for the PC.

Datsun 510
Jan 23, 2010, 06:03 AM
If there are private servers, i may learn how to program a server for PS2 use, and i'll take care of the Texas, USA servers... Now to rent out office space...