PDA

View Full Version : MAG+ Coming next week.

Powder Keg
Jan 19, 2010, 02:34 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=309952

Attention, GUARDIANS!

This is to confirm that there is no maintenance scheduled for this Thursday, January 22nd. Servers will remain open through the night.

Also: MAG+ is coming soon -- look for this long-awaited event, along with full website & info page, starting next week!

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 19, 2010, 02:35 PM
O_O Oh man! Gotta get ready!

Tyreek
Jan 19, 2010, 02:51 PM
Time to get my music ready.

Zeek123
Jan 19, 2010, 02:57 PM
Huh... It does exist.

stinkyfish97
Jan 19, 2010, 03:09 PM
It is about time.

Kinako78
Jan 19, 2010, 03:15 PM
Time to get my music ready.

I'll try to be on for when you record the mission. :)

Tyreek
Jan 19, 2010, 03:19 PM
LOL. Get your PSO outfit ready.

Kinako78
Jan 19, 2010, 03:25 PM
Will do. :)

Gunslinger-08
Jan 19, 2010, 03:27 PM
I hope this brings some old friends back. :)

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 19, 2010, 03:28 PM
Indeed. lol Time to pull out the Humar clothing that's been collecting dust.

Anon_Fire
Jan 19, 2010, 03:36 PM
Better change into my HUcast parts

Pob
Jan 19, 2010, 03:48 PM
Cool. A fitting farewell to PSU before Monster Hunter 3 starts :)

zandra117
Jan 19, 2010, 04:14 PM
I hope this event lasts only a week or two, if not the game is dead. The last time we had a large drop in players was during the original MAG event.

Powder Keg
Jan 19, 2010, 04:26 PM
I hope this event lasts only a week or two, if not the game is dead. The last time we had a large drop in players was during the original MAG event.

That was because of error 065. A lot of those players never returned after that fiasco.

WolfDreamer
Jan 19, 2010, 04:54 PM
Frick'n awesome timing! My friend and I just started are accounts up again last weekend due to boredom and now this event that I've been waiting for will start up. Time for endless runs till my eyes bleed again. ROCK ON!!!

stinkyfish97
Jan 19, 2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah and we had the machine gun glitch still, and than they didnt give us our rewards for like 2 months after the event, so they could suck more money out of us. Actually all they did for updates for the next 3 months were give us mag, take mag away, and then give us a mag extension, and then a month later gave us the rewards, basically Mag 1 cost us all 30 bucks. I wonder how much this one will cost us?

zandra117
Jan 19, 2010, 04:59 PM
That was because of error 065. A lot of those players never returned after that fiasco.
error 065 was on the pc/ps2 side but alot of players on the 360 left aswell. The event got boring fast.

Keilyn
Jan 19, 2010, 05:19 PM
How can mag+ start if no maintenance is scheduled? Don't you need to bring the servers down to setup 5th floor properly for this event?

Max B
Jan 19, 2010, 05:35 PM
How can mag+ start if no maintenance is scheduled? Don't you need to bring the servers down to setup 5th floor properly for this event?

It is January 29th Update. Also, hmm this should be fun

DuRaL
Jan 19, 2010, 05:40 PM
error 065 was on the pc/ps2 side but alot of players on the 360 left aswell. The event got boring fast.

you can't tell me this community of white-beast-spammers can get bored of 3 weeks MAG+ spamming ;P

furthermore i was told the PA-EXP boost (if we get any) isn't restricted to only MAG+, so if you don't like MAG you can still do other missions and still profit from the boost =)

everybody should be happy with this update, even if it's not a new event..

zandra117
Jan 19, 2010, 05:47 PM
I just went through the info for this event and the only thing new is the items Star Amp and Rabbitwand. The other things that would have been new are already obtainable from the Desert Arms Shop. And with the S2 updated after-event version of MAG the only thing that is left unobtainable in the game is the Rabbitwand.

It would have been far better to get the Absolute Zero event and the permanent after-event MAG' S and S2 update instead of this.

Tyreek
Jan 19, 2010, 06:08 PM
Free Paural? I'm in.

Max B
Jan 19, 2010, 07:27 PM
I just went through the info for this event and the only thing new is the items Star Amp and Rabbitwand. The other things that would have been new are already obtainable from the Desert Arms Shop. And with the S2 updated after-event version of MAG the only thing that is left unobtainable in the game is the Rabbitwand.

It would have been far better to get the Absolute Zero event and the permanent after-event MAG' S and S2 update instead of this.

There may not be alot of new drops but... things like fighter [b] and Ke[b] &Red Line[b] are fine in my opinion.

Midori Oku
Jan 19, 2010, 08:06 PM
There may not be alot of new drops but... things like fighter [b] and Ke[b] &Red Line[b] are fine in my opinion.

I agee with Max B here it will be a great event for making money on top of that we may have a PA boost with the event.

xjustsumloser
Jan 19, 2010, 08:49 PM
so whats the difference between this MAG and the original?

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 19, 2010, 08:53 PM
The S2 add-ons and some Not-so-new drops included.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 19, 2010, 09:07 PM
Yay everyones like YAY MAG is coming...but what does it really have instore for us. I hear theres no prizes, which was a incentive for all of us to carry on till it was over..but since there's no prizes' ..mag will be just like any other mission. I hope atleast a EXP. PLZZ PSU

Tek[+]Lok
Jan 19, 2010, 09:08 PM
Awesome I'll actually be getting mission points now!

maou_ashura
Jan 19, 2010, 09:23 PM
So...It has finally come to pass. Mag+ is now in sight. Time to roundup the boys and make a scene. Let the rampage begin =3

Powder Keg
Jan 19, 2010, 10:02 PM
The PA boost and the gifts from beyond lottery will be the best parts for me.

(That is assuming we get the PA boost like JP did)

Raven5_1
Jan 19, 2010, 10:05 PM
hmm looks like i may dust off my subscription

TekkamanCrazy
Jan 19, 2010, 10:46 PM
Igg Crowns anyone?

DragonStriker
Jan 19, 2010, 11:29 PM
I find it funny how people are excited for SEGA announcing something for "next week" lol. Expecially since MAG+ was released over a year ago in Japan and it should have come for us before the Colony GBR 3+ months ago. So YAY SEGA decided to give us something 3 months late (Plus the 1 year) and they had to announce it a week before they gave it to us. Anyways we all need to remember each few weeks we don't get an update is the farther away we get from Japan. It's hard to catch up to something when even at your best you are only going just as fast.

Powder Keg
Jan 19, 2010, 11:39 PM
It's about having fun for me, not catching up with Japan....which obviously is not a reality at this point.

Tyreek
Jan 19, 2010, 11:43 PM
Same. To think we can catch up to the JP serves so soon is nothing but a pipe dream at best. I'll be enjoying it while it lasts.

Skorn
Jan 20, 2010, 12:18 AM
It is about time.

Yes it is. =-)

ChibiBecca
Jan 20, 2010, 12:34 AM
fingers crossed for the PA boost, some of mine are still painfully low leveled. ^^; hope we get another synth boost as one of the rewards.

Berserk Splitter
Jan 20, 2010, 12:37 AM
-_- ; This should of been out last year wtf sega seriously >_> But I guess I should get on to hopefully see some friends on =D

RadiantLegend
Jan 20, 2010, 12:51 AM
I can finally get to lv 170 ... maybic

Keilyn
Jan 20, 2010, 01:21 AM
I find it funny how people are excited for SEGA announcing something for "next week" lol. Expecially since MAG+ was released over a year ago in Japan and it should have come for us before the Colony GBR 3+ months ago. So YAY SEGA decided to give us something 3 months late (Plus the 1 year) and they had to announce it a week before they gave it to us. Anyways we all need to remember each few weeks we don't get an update is the farther away we get from Japan. It's hard to catch up to something when even at your best you are only going just as fast.

Thank God I have an account in Japan...So now I don't have to complain about updates or junk since I can just play in Japan if I am not happy. ^_^

Xefi
Jan 20, 2010, 02:03 AM
I'm looking forward to signing up again. Been waiting
for this event to arrive. Finally... :panda:

KunoTatewaki
Jan 20, 2010, 02:22 AM
I'll try to be on for when you record the mission. :)

ditto for me to tyreek

ANIMEniac
Jan 20, 2010, 02:59 AM
meh ill just catch the second one after SToA messes up PC's billing and every1 QQ's that they were busy during the week of

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 20, 2010, 04:03 AM
Ahh great so I got a week off this week ending next and MAG+ starts next week....sod's law

Tifa

Intriguing as well, why so many people returnign to PSU when this comes back? Is it due to EXP boost, people not wanting to grind the normal way and choose the easy route? :P I can't imagine people coming back solely for the chance to get an SNG? Still I don't think it'll jumpstart the PC/PS2 population by anything noticeable maybe we'll all be so lucky and see 1 whole population star on Caelum? :O

Tifa

*Crystal*
Jan 20, 2010, 04:43 AM
Is. It worth coming back for it. I've enjoy playing halo3 and bad company. Will the old players come back for it. I haven't been on in while. Once I got all my spells to lv 50 I stop playing it. When are they gonna higher up the lvevels for pa's. I want lv60 spells.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 20, 2010, 04:43 AM
Intriguing as well, why so many people returnign to PSU when this comes back? Is it due to EXP boost, people not wanting to grind the normal way and choose the easy route? :P I can't imagine people coming back solely for the chance to get an SNG? Still I don't think it'll jumpstart the PC/PS2 population by anything noticeable maybe we'll all be so lucky and see 1 whole population star on Caelum? :O

Tifa

I'm sure we'll hit 2 stars again, even if it's only for one day, lol.

Delete
Jan 20, 2010, 05:16 AM
I'll do the run a couple times, but like any other mission, after 3 or 4 runs, I'll get bored. It's cool there adding something though ;)

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 20, 2010, 05:25 AM
Sure it gets boring thats why if you play PC PSU you have to multi-task. For nearly 2 years i've HAD to have either media player music on, but usually since I got a huge monitor (28") I play a movie at the same time I play PSU in windowed mode, that way it keeps me entertained and I can play 8 hour session or more...well until my eyes feel like they're going to implode then I go to sleep wake up rinse and repeat :P

Tifa

Tek[+]Lok
Jan 20, 2010, 07:16 AM
I wish they would turn on the old achievements and let us get any we missed.

DuRaL
Jan 20, 2010, 07:26 AM
huh? are you talking about xbox360 achievements?
all you have to do is recover your gamertag (it's an option in the 360 dashboard, but you'll need your windows live ID and password for it iirc) and then do the bosses again.
recovering the gamertag will only take 5-10 minutes..

if you don't remember your password, visit xbox.com to change your windows live password ;)

xBULLYDOGG
Jan 20, 2010, 11:06 AM
I rejoined PSU during the first come abouts of MAG and I'm gonna see how my brother fairs in this play of MAG+ seeing as everything is his now. Time for us to get him to 170.
Time to get ma MAG ooooowun

Xx Fallen Angel xX
Jan 20, 2010, 11:26 AM
Wow! I can't wait ^^

Danny_Dark
Jan 20, 2010, 12:35 PM
...(I Have A Bad feeling About This)..., I'm Wait And see It For Myself...

barnacleez
Jan 20, 2010, 02:12 PM
If my internet's set up by the time this starts...
*crosses fingers*

I haven't played this game for over a year. Maybe I'll refresh my memory on how to play with some offline action.

Ail
Jan 20, 2010, 02:23 PM
the very very few things i may need are in the lottery (and maybe some boards from ash..) but since i still have to cap Lena and Sara.. well prolly i will play it for a while ._.

Sinikal
Jan 20, 2010, 03:19 PM
Finally!! Something to do besides White Beast!!

unicorn
Jan 20, 2010, 03:19 PM
I wonder what error we'll get this time.

Danny_Dark
Jan 20, 2010, 03:31 PM
I wonder what error we'll get this time.

Agreed...

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 20, 2010, 04:23 PM
I wonder how this will change up the market and such. Maybe the Killer Elites and red Line boards will cheapen?

Professor Xavier
Jan 20, 2010, 04:35 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=309952

I read this as being next week we will get the announcement for the next week. It is information telling us about the up coming MAG+

I hope Im wrong. It would be nice to get soemthing good like this! We are overdue for so much. This might pave the way for better things.!!

Ce'Nedra
Jan 20, 2010, 05:12 PM
I am sure as hell gonna play this.

I wanna try get that blasted Chevaliers Edge from the Lottery, its the only item left i need to create my very own Sangeyasha.

Aside that i wanne level Ce'Nedra to 120-130 (112) Narissa to 100 (27) and if i got time left Lars and Miasia to whatever is do able.

Hopefully i can manage it to get said levels and item. Also getting alot of MP is yummy too. I'm getting excited, this is gonna be my 3rd "real" event aside StD and Protectors.

I hope to make alot of new friends too =)

SuperRygar
Jan 20, 2010, 05:30 PM
I read this as being next week we will get the announcement for the next week. It is information telling us about the up coming MAG+

I hope Im wrong. It would be nice to get soemthing good like this! We are overdue for so much. This might pave the way for better things.!!

hahahah xD i thought the same thing when i first read that about 30 minutes ago. but then i read it again later and realized i(we) were wrong.

Where it says " Also: MAG+ is coming soon -- look for this long-awaited event, along with full website & info page, starting next week! "

this sentance: look for this long-awaited event, along with full website & info page, starting next week!: has the middle part in comma's and that means it only adds to the subject and can be removed. so it could have been typed like this

" Also: MAG+ is coming soon -- look for this long-awaited event starting next week! "

unless his grammar is wrong or im wrong ^.^;

Max B
Jan 20, 2010, 05:36 PM
hahahah xD i thought the same thing when i first read that about 30 minutes ago. but then i read it again later and realized i(we) were wrong.

Where it says " Also: MAG+ is coming soon -- look for this long-awaited event, along with full website & info page, starting next week! "

this sentance: look for this long-awaited event, along with full website & info page, starting next week!: has the middle part in comma's and that means it only adds to the subject and can be removed. so it could have been typed like this

" Also: MAG+ is coming soon -- look for this long-awaited event starting next week! "

unless his grammar is wrong or im wrong ^.^;

Wow I lol @ you hard.. also he typed it right.

DragonStriker
Jan 20, 2010, 06:27 PM
Same. To think we can catch up to the JP serves so soon is nothing but a pipe dream at best. I'll be enjoying it while it lasts.

I'm not sure if you understand this fact but, remember we started off about 3 months after Japan. That means if we use MAG as an indicator we have lost 1 year of content to Japan in just over 3 years.(I know we skipped over it but using MAG makes it funnier) If we don't use MAG it's roughly 9 months more that we have lost to them in 3 years. Now I don't know about anyone else in this topic but you people need to understand that just taking the abuse SEGA hands out content wise is not going to accomplish anything. If you don't like my time equation how about this, to get the same amount of content that SEGA has given Japan in the same amount of time for the same price we on the NA/EURO server had to pay 120 dollars more.(If we use MAG+ as the indicator) that means SEGA made us pay 120 dollars more in 3 years just to get to MAG+. If we continue on this trend I'm sure we'll be close to 200 dollars more in subscriptions before we get Absolute Zero the next "true" major event. As a consumer I am outraged that I had to pay so much more money for something that can obviously get done cheaper. Now before I end this super long rant I think we should think about how much more we the NA/EURO server total had to pay to get to MAG+

Assuming there are 53,000 accounts on the Ps2/PC server (Obviously not all active the whole time so this number is going to be high) And assuming all 116,000 accounts on the 360 server were completely active since day 1 (Obviously way too many)

120 dollars x 169,000 =$ 20280000

And since I obviously overexagerated let's just take 5% of that number (Which might be realistic)

$1014000 which means if these estimates are anywhere near close (And probably not) we have paid SEGA an extra 1 million and 14 thousand dollars. And even if you think my numbers are too high even if we took 1% of all accounts it's still over 100 thousand dollars more we had to pay to get to the same point in the game.

Powder Keg
Jan 20, 2010, 07:19 PM
tl:dr

Same old, won't change, nothing we haven't heard before. Stop derailing.

DragonStriker
Jan 20, 2010, 07:27 PM
Same old, won't change, nothing we haven't heard before. Stop derailing.

Uh huh, so apparently your complete and utter lack of a backbone means my post about MAG is derailing a thread about MAG? I'm not sure where you attempted to become educated but I suggest you find a new place and start over, because my entire post was about MAG+ and MAG and it's date on arrival thus making it completely on topic.

SuperRygar
Jan 20, 2010, 07:42 PM
you do talk about its arrival date but its in the context of 'we're this far behind'. he's simply asking if MAG+ is next week, if you say anything beyond 'yes, it is' then you are derailing

DuRaL
Jan 20, 2010, 07:47 PM
if you don't like the service and care so much about money, why do you pay for both versions of the game, 360 and PC-side?
i mean, you could just go play other games and let us who enjoy PSU be happy that we get an update =)

Tyreek
Jan 20, 2010, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure if you understand this fact but, remember we started off about 3 months after Japan. That means if we use MAG as an indicator we have lost 1 year of content to Japan in just over 3 years.(I know we skipped over it but using MAG makes it funnier) If we don't use MAG it's roughly 9 months more that we have lost to them in 3 years. Now I don't know about anyone else in this topic but you people need to understand that just taking the abuse SEGA hands out content wise is not going to accomplish anything. If you don't like my time equation how about this, to get the same amount of content that SEGA has given Japan in the same amount of time for the same price we on the NA/EURO server had to pay 120 dollars more.(If we use MAG+ as the indicator) that means SEGA made us pay 120 dollars more in 3 years just to get to MAG+. If we continue on this trend I'm sure we'll be close to 200 dollars more in subscriptions before we get Absolute Zero the next "true" major event. As a consumer I am outraged that I had to pay so much more money for something that can obviously get done cheaper. Now before I end this super long rant I think we should think about how much more we the NA/EURO server total had to pay to get to MAG+

Assuming there are 53,000 accounts on the Ps2/PC server (Obviously not all active the whole time so this number is going to be high) And assuming all 116,000 accounts on the 360 server were completely active since day 1 (Obviously way too many)

And since I obviously overexagerated let's just take 5% of that number (Which might be realistic)

$1014000 which means if these estimates are anywhere near close (And probably not) we have paid SEGA an extra 1 million and 14 thousand dollars. And even if you think my numbers are too high even if we took 1% of all accounts it's still over 100 thousand dollars more we had to pay to get to the same point in the game.

Look. You can hate on what SEGA is doing or what have you on how they deal with the content. I'm here to have fun like other people. And yes, I understand very well, this isn't going to change much about what SEGA will do to keep us up to date. I've been around near the brunt of what SEGA has been doing for the past 3 years, so I know how its like. I rather not stress over how we're going to catch up to JP. I'm past all of that now. If it falls flat on their faces, well, that's their fault. I'm paying for my fill of PSU in order to have fun and play with my friends. That's not to say you aren't justified to voice your dissaproval, but you're really not helping the matter further. So kindly drop it.

DragonStriker
Jan 20, 2010, 08:55 PM
The service of the game has no bearing on whether I enjoy it's gameplay lol. I'm only complaining because if no one does so there is no responsibility taken by the company responsible. As many would agree they have done a poor job handling the game, and if you guys don't care that's your opinion and I respect that,. I only stated things to be taken consideration of, the person saying "drop it" probably needs to rephrase that horrid attempt of a post. As I have said several times on plenty of servers everyone is entitled to your opinion and if yours is to just enjoy the game and not worry about new updates that's fine but for a lot of people who have played the game for 1000s of hours the old stuff is boring and we wouldn't mind timely updates. It would make absolutely no sense for me to quit a game I still enjoy playing just because it takes them an extra week to get an update(sometimes more) but what I was trying to say was that that fact shouldn't be ignored either. And it seems to be ignored quite a bit. Now for the person who said "you could just let us be happy that we gpt an update" I really do hope you understand that updates aren't just some blessing SEGA gives us because they are nice. We do pay money and there's a reason they don't give you all the content for the game you already purchased, it's planned to come out in updates. Now if you are happy with the current stuff and the way the game is handled that's great but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you have not been playing this game all that long because my thoughts are that the players who have played this game a lot wouldn't be happy waiting a year and 3 months for an event. Anyways I hope this clarified the statement and you all understand that everyone's opinion is as valid as other's (Including mine) so let's just post and enjoy the reading.

DragonStriker
Jan 20, 2010, 08:59 PM
you do talk about its arrival date but its in the context of 'we're this far behind'. he's simply asking if MAG+ is next week, if you say anything beyond 'yes, it is' then you are derailing

Excuse my double post but this is actually completely wrong. The original post is a quote about the announcement of MAG+ next week and not any sort of question. My post was completely relevant to the announcement (Which included a date) to this event. Now unless I misread there is no question so please read everything before you try to correct me.

Powder Keg
Jan 20, 2010, 09:24 PM
Ladies and gentlemen....Tetsaru, the remix.

Tyreek
Jan 20, 2010, 09:29 PM
There's an edit button so you can prevent that next time. Now back on topic, the players who have been waiting for this event are finally getting it at last. Now I can't vouch for SEGA at all given their span of updating, but I am at least thankful they got the ball rolling to begin with, as opposed to what was dealt with back in 07'-08'. And given how we've dealt with how updates have been handled by Sega since what... PSOGC? I think they actually went a little better with the updating. MAG+ is the final event before goaling towards the supplemental update, so I am glad they went through with this.

pizzagirl
Jan 20, 2010, 09:39 PM
Ladies and gentlemen....Tetsaru, the remix.
rofl. Can't we all just get along?

Tyreek
Jan 20, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hey, everyone's got something to say. But we can't all be pleased. XD

Keilyn
Jan 20, 2010, 09:50 PM

You should also factor in that those who played Version 1 paid 40 - 50 for the game and then had to actually buy AoTI. Rather than expand the original game, they made players pay for a stand-alone expansion rendering the original one useless to be used online once you went online with AoTI.

Lets not forget that in PSU Japan you have Two Entrances, each four characters..Allowing an account to have 8 characters.

This means outright a player here pays and gets half of what they are entitled to, and yes the stretched out time does cause content to be spread over a long time, which is the same as actually spending more money to get less.

So mathematically...you pay your money but get around 25 - 33% of what you are entitled to when you factor in having half the characters possible per account and the lack of updates...Which is a reason why I play PSU-Japan now and don't care much about Sega of America.

Tyreek
Jan 20, 2010, 09:53 PM
Question Keilyn... Were you not the one who said you wouldn't go to the JP side in order to prove a point to SEGA? I've been meaning to ask that for a while.

DuRaL
Jan 20, 2010, 09:55 PM
fine, but complaining won't help anything. or has all the complaining on the official forums helped? not really..

i see you have 3 choices here:
1. study japanese and play on the japanese servers (the hard way)
2. buy 75.1% of the Sega shares and make them care more about our servers (the expensive way)
3. learn to deal with it and enjoy PSU on our servers as it is (easy way)

if you don't like any of the above, you can still quit the game =)

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 20, 2010, 10:01 PM
I don't exactly condone Sega's little mishaps, but I play with real friends, so none of us gives a ****. We all play and have fun, and we're all now getting into the whole Time attack thing. Working to see just how fast we can complete missions. Hopefully we'll be able to leave SOME sort of a mark on that Leaderboard.

Keilyn
Jan 20, 2010, 10:02 PM
I was also the person who said to not let a personal bias prevent you from obtaining what you are entitled to. What point would I prove to Sega? Sega of Japan, Sega of America? Your money is still going to Sega...

However it amounts to what kind of experience you get with what you pay for.

It is true I had problems years ago, but that being said...those problems were years ago. I looked for a fresh start and found one. My characters in PC/PS2 are all capped and I've reached a point all I do is raise PAs and TA (to not get bored) and see myself losing money to get next to nothing.

Since Sega of America won't do anything about that situation, I took my chances with Sega of Japan and in these last two weeks I've met some of the coolest and most decent people. Also some PC/PS2 players who we can't play together here because of circumstance we end up playing together in PSU-Japan because since its a fresh start and no barriers exist yet, we don't have to deal with the attitude or all the restrictive crap that exists in PC/PS2

Tyreek
Jan 20, 2010, 10:06 PM
Understandable. Well I hope your experience is a good one. ^_^

pizzagirl
Jan 20, 2010, 10:12 PM
fine, but complaining won't help anything. or has all the complaining on the official forums helped? not really..

i see you have 3 choices here:
1. study japanese and play on the japanese servers (the hard way)
2. buy 75.1% of the Sega shares and make them care more about our servers (the expensive way)
3. learn to deal with it and enjoy PSU on our servers as it is (easy way)

if you don't like any of the above, you can still quit the game =)
The complaining never helps, but the official forums sure are fun...

1. While knowing some Japanese is a bonus, after switching over to the JP servers I think I can safely say you barely need to know any Japanese to play. Katakana is pretty much all you need. Those aren't hard to learn. I'd assume you'd just memorize everything else after playing for a while. (Menus etc.)
2. Who's willing to donate to the cause? XD
3. I respect anyone who can do this. I tried, no matter what I did it wouldn't work.

Quitting works too. But people need to actually quit. Don't keep resubscribing just to complain more.

DietCokeEvil
Jan 20, 2010, 11:17 PM
O_O heh must get ready to kick some butt! ^_^

VetroDrago
Jan 20, 2010, 11:21 PM
I am so pumped for this event! I'll get my main to 170, hunt igg crown like crazy, spam my techs from 31-41, possibly remake my female cast to wear guardians formal (if crown drops), possibly use all my characters, and gifts from beyond+! Give me those prizes son!

PepperCat
Jan 20, 2010, 11:44 PM
O_O heh must get ready to kick some butt! ^_^

Are you the Diet Coke of Evil... Just ONE calorie, not EVIL enough!

sovalou
Jan 20, 2010, 11:54 PM
I give this event atleast a week after release for people realise that it's exactly the same mission as the previous MAG that we had access to for over a year atleast. Adding a few higher level monsters on a old stage really isn't considered new content or an update.

its about as bad as reheating an old hamburger and calling it fresh off the grill. >_>

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 21, 2010, 12:18 AM
I give this event atleast a week after release for people realise that it's exactly the same mission as the previous MAG that we had access to for over a year atleast. Adding a few higher level monsters on a old stage really isn't considered new content or an update.

its about as bad as reheating an old hamburger and calling it fresh off the grill. >_>

It can't be as badto those who Make White Beast their lives. Besides, who can neglect increased exp? (Excluding the already capped players.)

Quatre52
Jan 21, 2010, 12:23 AM

rabble rabble rabble. dont play then. also..it was access for a month...2 at most...not a year. move on if you dont like it.
by the way, its labeled as an "event" not "new content" at least get it right if your gonna stick around and complain kid.

just renewed tonight, looking forward to mag next week, main reason im back o.o

Ryonai
Jan 21, 2010, 12:29 AM
Kinda bleh at the same mission, but happy to get the exp. boost. I quit PC/PS2 about six months ago only to start over last month making the same characters on Xbox360. I could use the boost to get back up to speed and since I have pretty much no items of worth yet...

pikachief
Jan 21, 2010, 12:35 AM
you can't tell me this community of white-beast-spammers can get bored of 3 weeks MAG+ spamming ;P

yes because one LONG bland mission with no change in spawns or map variation is better than an interesting mission with multiple map and spawn variations.

I got bored of MAG in about 3 days :/ but im still very excited to play this event :P lol

PepperCat
Jan 21, 2010, 12:52 AM
*wants a 10/10 Rabbit Wand...*

milranduil
Jan 21, 2010, 01:20 AM
*wants a 10/10 Rabbit Wand...*

Omg why? 0/10 Pwand is better >_>;

Noblewine
Jan 21, 2010, 01:52 AM
Woot I can't wait

Ce'Nedra
Jan 21, 2010, 04:13 AM
To reply on the content discussion on page 8.

Am i really the only here who just enjoys the game as it is and doesn't give a fuck if we get a update or not? Maybe it's because i only joined during StD but i still have lots of things to do on PSU.

Also sega wouldn't listen if 1 person would complain about the lack of content. I doubt they will even listen if a million people were. It's very simple, they probarly just think: If you don't like our way of doing things then nust stop playing the game. And that is exactly how i think about it too.

Shinko
Jan 21, 2010, 04:48 AM

lol too funny. I agree but the pa boost is what have me ready for this. (and the boss drops.... if they are easier than dark god. if not then mag can kick rocks and i just lvl pa's)

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 21, 2010, 07:26 AM

Am i really the only here who just enjoys the game as it is and doesn't give a fuck if we get a update or not? Maybe it's because i only joined during StD but i still have lots of things to do on PSU.

Also sega wouldn't listen if 1 person would complain about the lack of content. I doubt they will even listen if a million people were. It's very simple, they probarly just think: If you don't like our way of doing things then nust stop playing the game. And that is exactly how i think about it too.

You're not alone, guy. I still enjoy the game with my friends. It doesn't help to complain anyways, since Sega doesn't seem to listen at times.

DragonStriker
Jan 21, 2010, 08:00 AM

There's nothing wrong with starting during STD and thinking the way you do. The problem I have is you don't seem to understand that there are people out there who have played since day 1 and done every mission 100s of times and only play to get the updates. Now I would agree complaining doesn't do anything but, it's essentially all we can do, if we don't complain then there is no responsibility taken by SEGA. I would compare the situation to a president, if you didn't like how a president was running the country would you just stand by and not say anything? Obviously you aren't going to accomplish anything but atleast you could show somebody that they are doing a poor job. If SEGA just sees happy customers and only posts how great PSU is and then essentially takes a dump on the customers and still only sees happy posts. They will continue to do worse and worse, atleast with complaining I can go to sleep at night thinking I have atleast tried to get some better service, even if it's not going to work. And I am not surprised with the fact from what I have seen the people who disagreed with me had not been playing the game very long or are only casual players. Like I said there is nothing wrong with being either one of those cases but they shouldn't be on the forums essentially trying to tell other people how they should feel when SEGA gives us an update. The underlying truth in this situation is we pay for updates and when they aren't given on time customers have a right to be angry.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 21, 2010, 08:35 AM
There's nothing wrong with starting during STD and thinking the way you do. The problem I have is you don't seem to understand that there are people out there who have played since day 1 and done every mission 100s of times and only play to get the updates. Now I would agree complaining doesn't do anything but, it's essentially all we can do, if we don't complain then there is no responsibility taken by SEGA. I would compare the situation to a president, if you didn't like how a president was running the country would you just stand by and not say anything? Obviously you aren't going to accomplish anything but atleast you could show somebody that they are doing a poor job. If SEGA just sees happy customers and only posts how great PSU is and then essentially takes a dump on the customers and still only sees happy posts. They will continue to do worse and worse, atleast with complaining I can go to sleep at night thinking I have atleast tried to get some better service, even if it's not going to work. And I am not surprised with the fact from what I have seen the people who disagreed with me had not been playing the game very long or are only casual players. Like I said there is nothing wrong with being either one of those cases but they shouldn't be on the forums essentially trying to tell other people how they should feel when SEGA gives us an update. The underlying truth in this situation is we pay for updates and when they aren't given on time customers have a right to be angry.

Don't get me wrong, i do know there are people playing since day 1, so don't make false accusions like that without knowing me, i might be new to PSU online and PSOW forums but i have followed PSU for quite a while since day 1. You also knew that when starting this game sega has to update it. I don't know if you ever played PSO (Either GC or BB) back on ST servers, but i heard from veterans they did exactly the same there as they're doing now with PSU. It is nothing new that sega is lacking with updates. It's always been like this and probarly always will sadly. Sure i would like to get more updates often myself, i mean i still pay myself to play the game. But i think (how naive it might be) there is a good reason for them to not update it. I also heard Sega of Japan is in charge to decide when Sega of America can put an update through. So SoA couldn't even update even if they wanted to without permissions of SoJ. Now i don't know how much of that is true but that is what i've heard.

I think though however it is good that some people complain about things. If everyone were to follow blindly it would get boring, plus it is always fun to read complaints about something, how silly or not they might be.

As for the president part, something like that is happening over here in Holland atm lol, no one likes him yet they keep choosing him over and over for the past 8 years or something. Funny isn't it?

DragonStriker
Jan 21, 2010, 09:10 AM
Don't get me wrong, i do know there are people playing since day 1, so don't make false accusions like that without knowing me, i might be new to PSU online and PSOW forums but i have followed PSU for quite a while since day 1. You also knew that when starting this game sega has to update it. I don't know if you ever played PSO (Either GC or BB) back on ST servers, but i heard from veterans they did exactly the same there as they're doing now with PSU. It is nothing new that sega is lacking with updates. It's always been like this and probarly always will sadly. Sure i would like to get more updates often myself, i mean i still pay myself to play the game. But i think (how naive it might be) there is a good reason for them to not update it. I also heard Sega of Japan is in charge to decide when Sega of America can put an update through. So SoA couldn't even update even if they wanted to without permissions of SoJ. Now i don't know how much of that is true but that is what i've heard.

I think though however it is good that some people complain about things. If everyone were to follow blindly it would get boring, plus it is always fun to read complaints about something, how silly or not they might be.

As for the president part, something like that is happening over here in Holland atm lol, no one likes him yet they keep choosing him over and over for the past 8 years or something. Funny isn't it?

This is all fine and dandy and I do understand they have been doing this for awhile but, just because they have been doing it for awhile doesn't mean I'm going to let SEGA take a dump on me repeatedly without atleast saying something. What it all boils down to is do whatever you please and whatever gets you to sleep at night. Just don't create a double standard "Quit complaining" while you complain about how these people complain. It's all equally as stupid and worthless but yet it seems like you don't understand that. Now I made little to no assumption about how much you know about PSU I was merely stating that people who have played the game a lot are obviously more bored with the content than you are. So making judgements on updates and new content like, "why can't we just all enjoy PSU" (Or something to that effect) is just plain wrong of you to do. You can't completely understand the people who essentially only play for the new content because you yourself aren't one of them. Now this rant is ridiculous and the argument now seems to be "SEGA is doing a bad job" vs "Shutup and stop whining" which is quite astonishing. Now for my sweeping generalization, it seems the people who are always posting about how we should just be happy with the updates we get are either:

1)New players
2)Casual players
3)Don't play the game anymore(Lol squeezit and Bordeaux)
4)NPCs(Amaury lacks the brain power to understand logic)
5)Complete and utter morons

Now if you disagree with me I can almost garantee you fall under one of these headings, so enjoy and I hope you can be mindfull of the people who actually do play this game a lot and are bored and "need" new content to keep on playing. One last point for the people who have essentially said "we should just be happy" I hope you realize how many this game used to have and quit because of lack of updates. Now it's fine to just take whatever updates you get but unless something changes people are going to keep quitting over updates which means eventually you will have to solo every mission.

Ranji
Jan 21, 2010, 09:28 AM
Wow... guess I'll be the one to say it....

Can't we all just shut the hell up and get along? This thread went from being an announcement to one hell of a long-winded debate....

DuRaL
Jan 21, 2010, 09:41 AM
Well, i understand how you must feel as a hardcore-gamer playing PSU.
PSU is the most "casual" Online RPG i've ever seen, especially since AotI is out. There's no real challenge, you level up easily, most rares aren't rare at all, etc.
And everything will even get easier with the sup. update ;)

But what i don't get is, why would a hardcore gamer like you still play PSU? I mean, you could play other Online/MMORPGs that keep you interested, hell, even PSO is a better game for hardcore gamers than PSU is!

i personally have played PSU for a long time, and my overall experience is that if you have friends to play with it's a lot of fun, if you don't it's no fun whether we get updates or not.
Even if the 1 year of content we're lagging behind would be released tomorrow, the game would become boring after 1-2 weeks if you don't have/make friends, as everyone would just run the same mission over and over and over and over and.....
i've said it many times, what PSU really needs isn't updates (well, updates, too xD), but better balancing. Take a look at Section IDs from PSO and how they balanced the game! PSO has less content than PSU, but it doesn't get boring as easily, because there's a lot more variety. Every Area has very good and rare drops with certain IDs, every area gives a good amount of EXP, etc.
so people don't run the same mission all day, and that's the main reason why the game is so much better (in my opinion)

my personal solution with PSU is: i play PSU and PSO (and some other games, too)
so whenever PSU gets boring (which is usually 3 days after an update, unless i have friends online), i stick to other games.

I'd suggest you to do the same, Dragon Striker ;)
Try FFXI perhaps, from what i've heared and seen it's probably the best game for hardcore gamers, and once in a while you can come back to PSU and enjoy what's new..

Ce'Nedra
Jan 21, 2010, 10:04 AM
This is all fine and dandy and I do understand they have been doing this for awhile but, just because they have been doing it for awhile doesn't mean I'm going to let SEGA take a dump on me repeatedly without atleast saying something. What it all boils down to is do whatever you please and whatever gets you to sleep at night. Just don't create a double standard "Quit complaining" while you complain about how these people complain. It's all equally as stupid and worthless but yet it seems like you don't understand that. Now I made little to no assumption about how much you know about PSU I was merely stating that people who have played the game a lot are obviously more bored with the content than you are. So making judgements on updates and new content like, "why can't we just all enjoy PSU" (Or something to that effect) is just plain wrong of you to do. You can't completely understand the people who essentially only play for the new content because you yourself aren't one of them. Now this rant is ridiculous and the argument now seems to be "SEGA is doing a bad job" vs "Shutup and stop whining" which is quite astonishing. Now for my sweeping generalization, it seems the people who are always posting about how we should just be happy with the updates we get are either:

1)New players
2)Casual players
3)Don't play the game anymore(Lol squeezit and Bordeaux)
4)NPCs(Amaury lacks the brain power to understand logic)
5)Complete and utter morons

Now if you disagree with me I can almost garantee you fall under one of these headings, so enjoy and I hope you can be mindfull of the people who actually do play this game a lot and are bored and "need" new content to keep on playing. One last point for the people who have essentially said "we should just be happy" I hope you realize how many this game used to have and quit because of lack of updates. Now it's fine to just take whatever updates you get but unless something changes people are going to keep quitting over updates which means eventually you will have to solo every mission.

If you are so "bored' and "need" new content to keep playing a game i would have switched to a other game myself personnally already. Also i do fall under one of these headings, the one of a new player. So what? Does that mean my voice of opinion doesn't matter because i'm new? That's funny, i don't recall being a newb to somethings means you don't have anything to say.

You see this as a personal attack towards you while i was just merely discussing my point of view on all this. I was respecting your point of view but it seems your not doing the same to mine, by that last post of yours (at least i get that idea, if it's not then it's all good). Also i'm not complaining about people complaining at all. I'd like to know where i said that cause i didn't. I even said it is good people are complaining, maybe you didn't saw it so let me quote myself on this:

I also agree with what Dural posted.

Anyway, i think i'm gonna stop the discussion here, we're drifting to much Off-Topic here. This is a topic about MAG+ and not our discussion on Sega's lacking of updating. Maybe you should just make 1 rant topic and put all the complains in there, no offense to you but it at least keeps the rest of the topics free of posts like that. I have nothing against you personally, but if you fail to see that then so be it.

Arika
Jan 21, 2010, 10:20 AM
People here complained a lot when MAG+ was announced on JP, but now they want it!!

xBULLYDOGG
Jan 21, 2010, 11:12 AM

Can't we all just shut the hell up and get along? This thread went from being an announcement to one hell of a long-winded debate....

Don't be silly, everyone knows that any topic WILL result into an argument sporting the same 2-4 people who seem to argue in every other topic. :)

Ranji
Jan 21, 2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, guess that was pretty naive... forgot the internets is full of jackassery now....

PepperCat
Jan 21, 2010, 11:39 AM
Omg why? 0/10 Pwand is better >_>;

Oh I know, its just for show... uber cuteness at 10/10.

I want a Gao Rod+ 10/10 as well... should be able to upgrade in MAG+ right?

Powder Keg
Jan 21, 2010, 12:07 PM
Oh I know, its just for show... uber cuteness at 10/10.

I want a Gao Rod+ 10/10 as well... should be able to upgrade in MAG+ right?

Was that MAG+ or an arms dealer update? I forget now.

Now it's fine to just take whatever updates you get but unless something changes people are going to keep quitting over updates which means eventually you will have to solo every mission.

This is one of the reasons I'm happy about MAG+, because it's pretty much like that already. If people have trouble enjoying it for what it is now, then they're better off throwing the towel. We should all know this given the track record from this and past games. A forum crusade won't change a thing (especially here)

Personally, I'm the type of player who just needs people to team up with, and I'm having fun. I never spent the amount of time to cap every single PA, find every single item, and have enormous stacks of meseta to the point where I can't carry anymore. Generally speaking, if you fit most or all of these categories, then of course you're going to be bored (and may have played a little too much)

SuperRygar
Jan 21, 2010, 12:46 PM

You havn't been here long, this is the norm

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 21, 2010, 12:55 PM
Really people complain dude we're getting Igg Crowns, Zagza boards and all other good stuff (I'm personally aiming for the Red Lines.) If you were bored then you'll be bored now, and sorry to say, you're better off quitting. Heck learn to TA or something, (That's what I've been doing, anyways). Mag + Is what we've been waiting for, or I was at least. I don't suppose I'm alone on this?

sovalou
Jan 21, 2010, 01:07 PM
um i hope people are mindful that they might want to resub before the 29th if they plan on playing this event. Seems like Sega has finally decided to pull the plug on Pc/Ps2. :o

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=310166

PACHI
Jan 21, 2010, 05:09 PM
I hope this brings some old friends back. :)

I'm Baaaaack! It's been about 9 months and somethings havent changed *Roar of the white beast in the background*

The one and only "PACHI" / and the greatest AT of all time... "Natasha"!

Edit: Not to say I'm your friend, but I may have played with you before. Who knows for sure!

stinkyfish97
Jan 21, 2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah we are only getting MAG+ because sega needs to be competitive with the other great games about to drop. I can think of one that I am going to go out and get and probably will not be playing PSU, Mass Effect 2. Maybe not everyone loves Mass Effect but there are other games coming out as well. I believe thats the only true reason we are even getting an update.

Ryno
Jan 23, 2010, 01:55 PM
I guess i should start selling my items before prices start going low.
i have like 50+ grinder base S, 30+ Morbina, etc etc etc....

Legendwolf
Jan 23, 2010, 03:13 PM
wow and i need to start upgrading my weapons.

Danny_Dark
Jan 23, 2010, 03:18 PM
What's The Point To Playing MAG+ Anymore...Well ?

DAMASCUS
Jan 23, 2010, 03:28 PM
What's The Point To Playing MAG+ Anymore...Well ?

As I was browsing through all of my equipment yesterday I asked myself the same thing. The only reason and the best reason is the chance to see some old friends online and exchange emails etc. before its all over. With the free period there should be a surge of players returning for the last time. Plus it might actually be fun to just play for an hour with no particular goals in mind but to Slash and Blab ;)

Ce'Nedra
Jan 23, 2010, 03:58 PM
I guess i should start selling my items before prices start going low.
i have like 50+ grinder base S, 30+ Morbina, etc etc etc....

Whats the point in selling stuff for high prices? I would say everyone drop all your stuff to 1 meseta, so people who never had a change to use something you sell can use it before the servers shut down. I think im gonna drop everything in my shop to 1 meseta becasue of this. No point in trying to get millions of meseta out of something if the servers shut in 2 months.

I wouldn't mind me a V/Power and a Sangeyasha before servers shut down for good for example.

Powder Keg
Jan 23, 2010, 04:04 PM
Psst....not everyone plays on PC! :)

Ce'Nedra
Jan 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
Psst....not everyone plays on PC! :)

Even though i quoted to reply to his post it was more of a general note to everyone who is on PC/PS2.

stinkyfish97
Jan 23, 2010, 05:41 PM
MAG+ should be alright but I wish they would have done something a bit more, maybe instead of fighting Falz we could fight a different boss? I mean we all just killed thousands of Falz on Dark God S2, dont you think its gonna get a little boring for us? This is the kinda stuff that drives me nuts, they dont give us much of anything, the mission is pretty much the same with a couple of different drops, Ima get real bored of it real quick and probably end up running something else.

Anyone else feel that way, who else plans on running mag+ to death? I sure dont Im probably going to run it till I get what I want and then just quit and go play another game, Mass Effect 2 or something when that comes out.

Ryno
Jan 23, 2010, 10:01 PM
Even though i quoted to reply to his post it was more of a general note to everyone who is on PC/PS2.

lol. i was about to say..

becuase i was really going to do that until i heard it was for that server.

darthplagis
Jan 23, 2010, 11:22 PM
MAG+ should be alright but I wish they would have done something a bit more, maybe instead of fighting Falz we could fight a different boss? I mean we all just killed thousands of Falz on Dark God S2, dont you think its gonna get a little boring for us? This is the kinda stuff that drives me nuts, they dont give us much of anything, the mission is pretty much the same with a couple of different drops, Ima get real bored of it real quick and probably end up running something else.

Anyone else feel that way, who else plans on running mag+ to death? I sure dont Im probably going to run it till I get what I want and then just quit and go play another game, Mass Effect 2 or something when that comes out.

this is exactly why i only ran DG S2 a few times :)

ill spam MAG+ till me and a buddy of mine have enough rabbitt wands and twin nei claw+ (i already have a set but i love them :)) that we are happy enough to actually leave it be and play ME2 (oh yes i have collectors ed pre ordered on steam :) all but the terminus gear, but i dont think EU got that anyway). im more excited about the new lottery and the hand gear S ranks than the actual mission (i have 3 or 4 stacks of gold badges ready for them :)) im just hoping that chevalier edges are quite frequent in the lotto...... so many uses not enough edges...... cos' i hate the damn cheating casino.

DragonStriker
Jan 24, 2010, 12:44 AM

They could have just gone with Japan's schedule and gone with MAG+(Level 170 cap) and then after that Colony GBR which included Dark God S2. It would have been way better for everyone.

stinkyfish97
Jan 24, 2010, 06:21 AM
Predictions anyone? Also do not use PSUpedia for drops right now, those drops may be accurate but they might not be. That mission is Max Attack G' that is different than Max Attack G and Max Attack G+. I was looking and there was a few changes to Max Attack G when we played it compared to when the Japanese played.

The biggest difference if you take a look at the S for MAG' compared to MAG event mission you should notice that on the English version when we played the creatures lvls were 140+ not 125+ like they were when Japan had this event. What this means is absolutly nothing, yet, but if they introduce MAG+ to us with S starting with 140+ enemies that could mean possibly 170+ enemies on S2. Now when we had MAG that did not affect what the creatures dropped they still droped items like they were 125+ creatures and not 140 creatures, this however does mean tougher enemies so it should be exciting either way.

I dont think they will do this though, I think S will have 125+ creatures and S2 will have 165+ like it states in the non-event mission. But the possibility is there for Sega to really give us something if they wanted too, and not just the same mission that Japan had, with the same drops. Its nice to dream, even though we all know its not going to be a reality.

We all know that this event will just be the same mission as before and the same mission you can run at the Guardian 5th floor, Sega didnt even offer a transfer your charcter over to xbox for any of the PS2/PC crowd, that shows you just how much they really care about PSU anymore, they just want to move on and are trying to tell us to do the same but so long as they take our money they cannot just up and pull the plug completly because nobody will buy into any more PS games if they did that, so they are purposly sabatoging themselves to save themselves in the long run. They want enough of us to quit and be unhappy but not so unhappy that we wont give them one more chance on the next game, and theyll keep playing those games with us untill they bleed us for every penny we have.

roardova lengths
Jan 25, 2010, 01:08 AM
...endless running time...

Gunslinger-08
Jan 25, 2010, 08:25 AM
...endless running time...

This would be my guess. Either that, or maybe they'll unlock old events as a countdown to the close, which I think would be amazing. Imagine playing MAG+, then getting the Lightning Carnival, then the Winter Event, the 1Up Cup, and ending everything with Firebreak.