PDA

View Full Version : PSU Lasting Longer!

Professor Xavier
Jan 20, 2010, 06:17 PM
For me it would be continiued updates.

Also $6.99 per month would be nice. $10.00 for the AOTI expansion. And for 360 Digital download for 15-20.00 dollars. And I'm pretty sure they could do a digital download copy for PC. Not likely considering how few people play.

Its simple really. List below what it would take either to keep you playing for a few more months or what it would take to come back. I dont see a real hope for a nything really great for PSU. Just maybe it would last a little longer. Oh and the private server thing is great. Its just that even if we can do it. Its most likely only going to be for PC and we have to start over.

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 06:23 PM
I never started playing PSU online.
I'm just going to wait for private servers. At this rate it shouldn't take too too long.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 20, 2010, 06:23 PM
To keep me playing?

All I ask is that I have friends to play it with.

SuKKrl
Jan 20, 2010, 06:55 PM
I find it curious that most people seem to forget that the PSO private server has some bugs. PSU should be much more complex, so it probably would have much more bugs. I still don't get why all that hope for that.

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 06:58 PM
Because I don't have to pay money to play it and it might actually have a player base if updated properly.

DoubleJG
Jan 20, 2010, 07:12 PM
You'd have much better luck hoping for a good, properly updated English PSPo2 rather than a private server for PSU with few bugs.

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 07:14 PM
I just got a DS I'd rather not go buy a PSP just for PSPo2.

Tek[+]Lok
Jan 20, 2010, 09:06 PM
Where is this supposed PSU private server project that everyone's talking about? There's been no word or evidence that anyone's working on anything at all.

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 09:08 PM
Well at the moment I doubt they'd be allowed to release any private servers for PSU. Sega is still making money off of it so it would be stealing their game and running it for free without their permission, thus resulting in them losing money. Until PSU goes offline I doubt we'll see any private servers.

Ranji
Jan 20, 2010, 09:10 PM
There's some hushed talk with a certain server that runs PSO &BB right now, that they are working on it, but they wont do any serious testing until SEGA announces that the public servers are being shut down. They also claim to have alot of problems with encryption and a couple of other things....

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 09:12 PM
Ohhh thats great :]
Yeah I heard encryption would be difficult. Hopefully we'll see it pop up shortly after PSU goes offline then.

Professor Xavier
Jan 20, 2010, 09:46 PM
Also in a way, at least as far as the Xbox 360 goes. They have been running the demo since PSU came out. If they ever decide to cancel PSU on 360. I feel they are obligated to run free servers for us for a few years at least. Since we paid for the free demo servers. We should get PSU for free for awhile at least. I think if you have played and paid for at least 1 year of service you should be able to play for free if this happens. Otherwise all the demo people will play for free and ruin some of it for us. You get the idea! We would have to just play on a different universe or something. Either way free to play however it comes would be really cool!!

Xefi
Jan 20, 2010, 10:32 PM
For me it would be continiued updates.

Also $6.99 per month would be nice.

$6.99 a month isn't so bad. I do hope SEGA would lower their price
and then maybe more people would give this game a chance. :pizza:

Continue updates are a given and a must to contain the population. Even
i left the game because of lack of updates at a given time.

Powder Keg
Jan 20, 2010, 10:35 PM
I was told by a source a private server wasn't being done.

Could have been just saying that, though. Advertising that sort of thing while the official servers are still up would be foolish.

pikachief
Jan 21, 2010, 12:39 AM
I think Ruby once said something about them trying the digital service thing for PSU but Microsoft wouldn't let them because they have rules and regulations for certain games being on the service or something :(

Kion
Jan 21, 2010, 03:50 AM
Free servers, pay for updates. The online game isn`t worth the 10$ a month for the service, but the game is fun enough that even with the horribly slow content updates i`d still be on all of the time. It`s not like they`re making money off of the NA servers anyways, and i doubt their bandwidth is costing a lot either.

bupjo
Jan 21, 2010, 09:07 AM
i'll probably play 'til the servers go down. but after i bought phantasy star portable 2 (from japan, this game is everything psu SHOULD be) and i bought a component cable which allows me to play my psp on my tv, may not be a need to continue playing psu. but i invested 3yrs on psu so i'm not reading to cut the cord just yet. (it's like leaving a girl you know cheated on you but you stay anyway) so i guess to answer what would make me stay, would be to make psu more like the hand helds. but i haven't had major complaints for psu because i've accepted that is what it is and i make the most out of it.

Leiros
Jan 26, 2010, 11:46 AM
Actually there is a emulator that has been actively worked on for months now if not longer. It stopped for a while since the maker had problems with some of the software. But as far as I'm aware an emulator is actively being worked on. At least from what I understood on the ragezone forums..

Rather have something that has some bugs, than nothing at all. Specially in this case.

Volcompat321
Jan 26, 2010, 03:16 PM
I find it curious that most people seem to forget that the PSO private server has some bugs. PSU should be much more complex, so it probably would have much more bugs. I still don't get why all that hope for that.
I think you're forgetting that those private server(s) are run better than SEGA could have ever done, bugs or not.
(And honestly, I rarely ever find bugs).

I was told by a source a private server wasn't being done.

Could have been just saying that, though. Advertising that sort of thing while the official servers are still up would be foolish.
Well, you cant know everyone in the world, so I doubt the source does.
And yea, it would be stupid to advertise for a private server while the 360 servers are still up.

Actually there is a emulator that has been actively worked on for months now if not longer. It stopped for a while since the maker had problems with some of the software. But as far as I'm aware an emulator is actively being worked on. At least from what I understood on the ragezone forums..

Rather have something that has some bugs, than nothing at all. Specially in this case.

lol

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 26, 2010, 05:23 PM
What's with the PSPo2? PSP2 is the official acronym. It was done that way on purpose. It's still Portable for both PlayStation and Phantasy Star, so it's not really altering much.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 26, 2010, 10:40 PM
What's with the PSPo2? PSP2 is the official acronym. It was done that way on purpose. It's still Portable for both PlayStation and Phantasy Star, so it's not really altering much.

I've actually head people call it "PSUP2". It's just stupid. Especially with PSP2 out now. I can understand some people may change it for the first one, but what the fuck are people gonna think you're talking about with PSP2? There is no Playstation Portable 2. Unless you think people are gonna interpret it as the PSP go.

pinkace
Jan 27, 2010, 08:29 PM
The secret to private servers is to host them outside of the united states. no company has ever gone after private servers hosted outside the US. Ever.

Professor Xavier
Jan 28, 2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks for all the great thoughts on this. My final toughts on this. When the time comes if and when. If we dont have a serious PS to play. We can have a good discussion with Ed at SEGA to get some real info on what it would take to just leave PSU for 360 running for a couple of years. I would be willing to do a second account if thats what it would take. But I could not do it alone. I don't wish to speculate on what might be in store. There is a small tiny tiny tiny chance for PSU 360 to get an expanion pack if the JP servers do. It's barely even worth mentioning. Its more likely they will do PSU or something new on Wii or PS3 before they make a new console Phantasy Star game. Only time will tell. Until then lets enjoy this game while we can. Don't let anyone ruin your fun!

PSU Forvever!

Its time to let this post die for now!

Thanks again for all the great input!