PDA

View Full Version : 360 pledges for PC/PS2 players

Professor Xavier
Jan 22, 2010, 12:19 AM
1. I am pledging 3 hours per night 12 mid Pac. time to 3 am at least five nights per week. Will be a lot more though. I usually play 20+ hours per week.

2. Will start a new character with a transfered player who comes over.

3. 10 mil Meseta and all drops trough level 100 Set on give finder

4. Will carry class weapons to give out when you are able to use them. Every weapon is a new surprise.

5. You pick every mission.

6. I will pay to level two of your partner machines to level 100

7. When you are able I will give you certain good items off my pallot at times of my choosing.

8. You get to name my character for me.

The whole point of this post is to grow our community. I have put forth my pledge. I challenge everyone else to do something similar. The investement In buying a new Xbox 360 and purchasing new or used discs is substantial. I will help just one player as much as I can. I cannot imagine how it feels to be loosing everything like that. I want to help someone who loves the game. We will be friends in the process. Hit me up with PMs if you think we caould get along. If not maybe others will pedge here too. Maybe you will match up with on of them.

TY! PX P.S. You must like the XMEN

GT list below of new PC/PS2 players being helped! The list below will be updated daily.

1. xxDeadpoolxx

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 22, 2010, 12:25 AM
TY! PX P.S. You must like the XMEN
Even if they don't, how can anyone resist Prof. X's influence in their heads, unless they were Jean Grey.

Sounds helpful. Be open to suggestions, and being lenient with starting point rules/ideas and it'll grow faster than you can keep up.

Good luck with this noble effort to bridge the communities.

-Morgan-
Jan 22, 2010, 01:33 AM
yea im down to help ppl lvl and get gear if they come over n all

Zeek123
Jan 22, 2010, 02:12 AM
Woo! A PC/PS2 Relief Shelter!

But seriously, good on you for being a trooper. I hope more 360 players respond like you're offering. I know that many of us have invested a lot of time in this game, and this closing feels premature.

xBladeM6x
Jan 22, 2010, 02:34 AM
Woo! A PC/PS2 Relief Shelter!

But seriously, good on you for being a trooper. I hope more 360 players respond like you're offering. I know that many of us have invested a lot of time in this game, and this closing feels premature.
On the official PSU website there is like an army of people saying they'll help. ;P

Akumamaru
Jan 22, 2010, 03:21 AM
Akumamaru here at your service if you need any help just message me my GT is WRECKtos

Professor Xavier
Jan 22, 2010, 03:32 AM
On the official PSU website there is like an army of people saying they'll help. ;P

This post is for everyone who wants to help. Just post your play times. And willingness to help power level other players your preferences. Ask for PMs. We all benefit from a better PSU. I don't want someone at SEGA seeing me do positive things thinking they can make us wait another week or month for new content. Or delaying announcements. I do have a voice on the other forums. I try to be positive in a different way. I have made suggestions for PSU privately. I do not wish to discuss them except to say I hope they take my suggestions and do something positive to show everyone they are on our side. SEGA can have credit for everything I suggest. Or even if they get an idea from one of my suggestions. I'm only one person. I am full of Ideas. I cant do everything alone. Its up to the community to decide what they want to do. I can join the others on the PSU official forums. I to am thinking I want to just give in and play on the private servers for PSO. But I'm not ready to give up just yet. And I will have one hell of a time in the game before I call it quits again. I wished they could and would have waited until after MAG+ to announce this closing. It would have been nice to see how many people would have came to play. I considered quiting because of this announcement. Also to there are some positive things to come from this. If you help others come over to 360. Then you make new friends. You will have new people to play on XBOX live with. Chances are good you will like similar games. Lets do this everyone we can make our community better!!

Quatre52
Jan 22, 2010, 03:15 PM
as i've all ready said, im more than willing to help. i dont have set play times, however, doe to my job..

just send me a message GT: Bugy52

Danny_Dark
Jan 22, 2010, 04:23 PM
Thx For The Offering, But I'm Not Intend To Start All Over Again On 360 Version.

BIG OLAF
Jan 22, 2010, 04:38 PM
Yes, I propose we open an "Ellis Island" for migrating PC/PS2 players. I'll help anyone who needs it in any way I can.

My Gamertag is BIG OLAF.

Professor Xavier
Jan 22, 2010, 07:24 PM
If there is anyone who plays both versions. Maybe and ambassador who could refer players who are coming over. I really don't want to talk anyone into moving. If you already made the choice look us up. It is a big investment and hassle buying a 360 and getting a disk Xbox live membership etc. This is the kind of help SEGA should be offering. If they did something positive like this just once it could create some loyalty towards SEGA. Right now I when hear SEGA and want to run the other way!

DragonStriker
Jan 22, 2010, 07:28 PM
If there is anyone who plays both versions. Maybe and ambassador who could refer players who are coming over. I really don't want to talk anyone into moving. If you already made the choice look us up. It is a big investment and hassle buying a 360 and getting a disk Xbox live membership etc. This is the kind of help SEGA should be offering. If they did something positive like this just once it could create some loyalty towards SEGA. Right now I when hear SEGA and want to run the other way!

I know this one guy, who plays both servers. He also has been telling ps2/pc players they should come and he'll help them. Forgot his name though..........

Legendwolf
Jan 22, 2010, 07:32 PM
yes i dont have much money but i will do my part to make sure their experiences on
the 360 servers are just as good as their last.

sikotic_demon
Jan 23, 2010, 08:19 AM
I would be more than willing to assist any of the PC/PS2 players that migrate to the 360... Though i am not on as much as i would like to be due to moving and just having a daughter. Just send a message to my GT if im on ill see what i can do to help.

GT-Sikotic demon

RebhtheDark
Jan 23, 2010, 06:17 PM
It deeply saddened me when i heard the news about the server shut down. I can olny imagen the saddness that the PS/PS2 players are feeling right now knowing that all their hard work is dissappering...But I'll offer my help as well! I'll help anyone from PC/PS2 to get back on their feet with some starting weapons and 5mill, not much but I hope it helps! Message me at my

GT: RebhDarkForce

Acrotecher for those in need!

Gibdozer
Jan 23, 2010, 06:52 PM
I would like to add my heartfelt sympathies. Anyone who wants to start over can message my GT GibDozer I'll gladly do whatever I can to help ease your transition.

I work odd hours so I play odd hours, but when I'm on I'll be happy to help you.

pinkace
Jan 23, 2010, 07:06 PM
Thx For The Offering, But I'm Not Intend To Start All Over Again On 360 Version.

I believe, I cannot speak for others, that most people that are offering assistance in this manner do so to encourage PC/PS2 users to make the jump, not out of pity or sympathy. Think of it as an incentive; yes, you will have to start from scratch but it will be much easier and you will have help that you didn't have before.

I will pledge time, as I don't have much money or rare items to share.

Gamertag is pinkace. send me a message.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
I alwyas thought bad about the majortiy of the people on the xbox (not just psu, in general) but seeing these posts kinda move me. Sad thing i won't be able to get to play there unless they merge the PC servers with the Xbox servers. Don't own a Xbox (I never will unless i get it for free, no offense but i don't like the Xbox) so i woun't be able to restart there even if i wanted to.

It is nice to see that there are so many people willing to help their fellow Guardians. You guys just changed a big part of my view towards the Xbox community. Now i know thats maybe only 100 out of the 1000-2000 players on there but every bit helps. I would do the same if it were the other way arround myself.

Guess it's the end for me heh.

DragonStriker
Jan 23, 2010, 07:31 PM
I alwyas thought bad about the majortiy of the people on the xbox (not just psu, in general) but seeing these posts kinda move me. Sad thing i won't be able to get to play there unless they merge the PC servers with the Xbox servers. Don't own a Xbox (I never will unless i get it for free, no offense but i don't like the Xbox) so i woun't be able to restart there even if i wanted to.

It is nice to see that there are so many people willing to help their fellow Guardians. You guys just changed a big part of my view towards the Xbox community. Now i know thats maybe only 100 out of the 1000-2000 players on there but every bit helps. I would do the same if it were the other way arround myself.

Guess it's the end for me heh.

The people on the ps2/pc server are very good at bashing 360 players and the people in their community. For the most part I actually have found the players to be more friendly on 360 and more mature in regards to playing the game. There has been a lot less drama and it's been much more enjoyable. It's hilarious how people like you who haven't even played the 360 version assumed 360 people were all assholes when they really aren't. It shouldn't take 5 posts saying they'd help for you to understand there are jerks on both servers and Ps2/pc is no better than 360.

pinkace
Jan 23, 2010, 09:27 PM
The people on the ps2/pc server are very good at bashing 360 players and the people in their community. For the most part I actually have found the players to be more friendly on 360 and more mature in regards to playing the game. There has been a lot less drama and it's been much more enjoyable. It's hilarious how people like you who haven't even played the 360 version assumed 360 people were all assholes when they really aren't. It shouldn't take 5 posts saying they'd help for you to understand there are jerks on both servers and Ps2/pc is no better than 360.

The bashing goes both ways. But its definitely not as horrible as you make it seem. Boths sides kick each other in the ribs and its mostly just for shits and giggles, but in the end almost all of us are PSO fanatics and ALL of us love or loved PSU. And that's what's important.

DragonStriker
Jan 24, 2010, 12:31 AM
The bashing goes both ways. But its definitely not as horrible as you make it seem. Boths sides kick each other in the ribs and its mostly just for shits and giggles, but in the end almost all of us are PSO fanatics and ALL of us love or loved PSU. And that's what's important.

This is just completely untrue. When I played on the pc/ps2 server all I ever heard was how everyone on the 360 version were assholes and they booted you and how they were ALL annoying 12 year olds. Since I came to 360 I have heard no bashing of the pc/ps2 players. Each server has their problem people but to assume either one is worse is just dumb. And I can assure you plenty of people do make that assumption.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 24, 2010, 06:43 AM
This is just completely untrue. When I played on the pc/ps2 server all I ever heard was how everyone on the 360 version were assholes and they booted you and how they were ALL annoying 12 year olds. Since I came to 360 I have heard no bashing of the pc/ps2 players. Each server has their problem people but to assume either one is worse is just dumb. And I can assure you plenty of people do make that assumption.

What he said IS true dragonstriker, it's been like this with PSO GC and PSO BB so what makes you think its diffrent for PSU 360 and PSU PC/PS2? The fact that YOU haven't heard any of it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Christmas
Jan 24, 2010, 07:44 AM
What he said IS true dragonstriker, it's been like this with PSO GC and PSO BB so what makes you think its diffrent for PSU 360 and PSU PC/PS2? The fact that YOU haven't heard any of it doesn't mean it isn't there.

I don't mean to be out of line, but could you address on what he said about if you've played on the 360 server or not? Seems kind of relevant to what you're saying. I've been on the PS2/PC side a couple of times, and mentioning I play the 360 sure lead to some awkward situations. lol.

As for what I think, of course there will be some bashing, but it's hardly a general mindset as it was on the PS2/PC server. There's Communists, Neo-nazis, and the like in the US - but that's hardly a majority view for example.

The 360 bashing has been there since before the game was released. The 360 was labeled the sure to fail server, which would have no population and everyone who did play would be a little kid yelling on the microphone.

Forum Memories. ^^;

Kion
Jan 24, 2010, 07:45 AM
Starting over is LAME. Admins should have enough power at their disposal to be able to transfer accounts.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 24, 2010, 09:11 AM
I don't mean to be out of line, but could you address on what he said about if you've played on the 360 server or not? Seems kind of relevant to what you're saying. I've been on the PS2/PC side a couple of times, and mentioning I play the 360 sure lead to some awkward situations. lol.

As for what I think, of course there will be some bashing, but it's hardly a general mindset as it was on the PS2/PC server. There's Communists, Neo-nazis, and the like in the US - but that's hardly a majority view for example.

The 360 bashing has been there since before the game was released. The 360 was labeled the sure to fail server, which would have no population and everyone who did play would be a little kid yelling on the microphone.

Forum Memories. ^^;

While i don't have a Xbox myself i played it at a friends place a few times online with his chars before i ever got online myself on PSU. (which was during StD so about a year ago) So yes i've played there and i saw it there a few times. I never seen PS2/PC bashing the xbox players till now with the closure. So for me it also counts "if you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't there" just as it applies to dragonstriker and everyone else who says xbox players don't bash the pc/ps players.

Volcompat321
Jan 24, 2010, 01:31 PM
I've played on the 360 servers for a few months.
I can back up that I've heard bashing of the Pc/Ps2 players. (I think mostly just having fun, because we can take screenshots, so it wasn't really bashing, just playful words).

I've opinionated myself on the 360 servers many times before, and I've stated that I hated everyone I met on the servers.

Of course that doesn't mean there aren't any nice people like the ones helping.
So Alpal, just because you haven't heard anyone bashing, doesn't mean there wasn't/isn't any.
Just like how I never met anyone useful, but there are plenty great people out there.

Even though I will not be rejoining PSU on the 360 servers, I do want to say thank you very much for helping a community that is being shut down, convert over.
This situation could have been completely different, and could have been worse for the players switching.

The 360 players could have been totally against any 360 bashing Pc/Ps2 players, but instead they are welcoming them into their world.
Thank you very much. :D

With that said, PSU Pc/PS2 had a good run for the most part. It was fun for a while, but it had to die sometime.
I'll be playing on and off on the JP PC side of things, but I cant say I'll be pouring a lot of money into PSU anymore.

Thanks for the great times PSU, and once again, thank you 360 players that are helping my community!

Xx Fallen Angel xX
Jan 24, 2010, 01:33 PM
Fallen Angel here to help out :) GT: Rikku Xx

DragonStriker
Jan 24, 2010, 01:43 PM
I've played on the 360 servers for a few months.
I can back up that I've heard bashing of the Pc/Ps2 players. (I think mostly just having fun, because we can take screenshots, so it wasn't really bashing, just playful words).

I've opinionated myself on the 360 servers many times before, and I've stated that I hated everyone I met on the servers.

Of course that doesn't mean there aren't any nice people like the ones helping.
So Alpal, just because you haven't heard anyone bashing, doesn't mean there wasn't/isn't any.
Just like how I never met anyone useful, but there are plenty great people out there.

Even though I will not be rejoining PSU on the 360 servers, I do want to say thank you very much for helping a community that is being shut down, convert over.
This situation could have been completely different, and could have been worse for the players switching.

The 360 players could have been totally against any 360 bashing Pc/Ps2 players, but instead they are welcoming them into their world.
Thank you very much. :D

With that said, PSU Pc/PS2 had a good run for the most part. It was fun for a while, but it had to die sometime.
I'll be playing on and off on the JP PC side of things, but I cant say I'll be pouring a lot of money into PSU anymore.

Thanks for the great times PSU, and once again, thank you 360 players that are helping my community!

Lol @ this post. I can assure you over my 3+ years on the pc/ps2 server that there was more than just some "playfull words" said about the 360 version. I remember reading loads and loads of bashing about how 360 players are all a bunch of little assholes and little kids who boot everyone. And to say "Well just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not there" is just an epically terrible response. Like I said before I never said either side was better than the other and both versions definately have their idiots. Although from what I have seen the PC/Ps2 players don't understand that fact. Now Terror dude, so you did a few runs on 360 so that makes you some expert on the entire 360 community? You were the one who said you have always thought badly of 360 players (Which began this entire discussion) but yet you have only met a handfull of players during a time where 10-12 stars of players was the norm online at one time or another. It's funny how you have continually gone around this forum acting like some kind of expert on all things PSU. I think it's pretty obvious to everyone on both servers that there are tons of idiots on both and to think otherwise is not only ignorant it's foolish. So there's no reason for people like Sieno who don't know a damn thing about anything to start posting incorrect things here.

AxelgearVII
Jan 24, 2010, 01:47 PM
You 360 players should take a hint....but you won't.

RadiantLegend
Jan 24, 2010, 01:49 PM
I would join the 360 side but I dont see how I can stand lving dugrega, gravity break, laser and rifles PAs even with the boost.

Volcompat321
Jan 24, 2010, 01:49 PM
Lol @ this post. I can assure you over my 3+ years on the pc/ps2 server that there was more than just some "playfull words" said about the 360 version. I remember reading loads and loads of bashing about how 360 players are all a bunch of little assholes and little kids who boot everyone. And to say "Well just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not there" is just an epically terrible response. Like I said before I never said either side was better than the other and both versions definately have their idiots. Although from what I have seen the PC/Ps2 players don't understand that fact.

. So there's no reason for people like Sieno who don't know a damn thing about anything to start posting incorrect things here.

Actually Alpal, you should read what I wrote again
Let me quote it for you.

EDIT: Let me clarify, so you can understand.
I've heard the 360 people bashing the Pc/Ps2 players, but only in a "playful" manner.
So Alpal, this means the 360 players didn't say anything horrible against the Pc/Ps2 players, and actually mean it.

Now, I know I am no expert, but I see nothing "wrong" with what I posted.
There's no incorrect words here.
And saying "just because you haven't seen it, doesn't make it true or untrue" is a decent enough response to your ignorance.

There are billions of people that believe in a god that they cant see.
Now, we don't know 100% there is/are no God(s), but there are sure as shit enough people that believe it.
Just like god, the bashing could be there, and it might not be there.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 24, 2010, 02:27 PM
Now Terror dude, so you did a few runs on 360 so that makes you some expert on the entire 360 community? You were the one who said you have always thought badly of 360 players (Which began this entire discussion) but yet you have only met a handfull of players during a time where 10-12 stars of players was the norm online at one time or another. It's funny how you have continually gone around this forum acting like some kind of expert on all things PSU. I think it's pretty obvious to everyone on both servers that there are tons of idiots on both and to think otherwise is not only ignorant it's foolish. So there's no reason for people like Sieno who don't know a damn thing about anything to start posting incorrect things here.

You really fail to see things do you? Are you a complete moron or acting like one?

I NEVER EVER said im a expert on PSU, nor do i act like one. I just voice my opinion but you fail to see that. I never said im a expert on the 360 community either. I've played some games 2 years ago on the 360 servers and half the people i played with back then was the way everyone describes them "little kids who boot you right before the end boxes or as soon as you join". Did i say that everyone right now is still like that? No i haven't. Once again you fail to realize why im trying to say. Good going. Your more acting and sounding like "an expert on all things of PSU" then i am.

Next time try to understand what someone is trying to say instead of jumping to conslusions of your own smartass.

DragonStriker
Jan 24, 2010, 02:39 PM
You really fail to see things do you? Are you a complete moron or acting like one?

I NEVER EVER said im a expert on PSU, nor do i act like one. I just voice my opinion but you fail to see that. I never said im a expert on the 360 community either. I've played some games 2 years ago on the 360 servers and half the people i played with back then was the way everyone describes them "little kids who boot you right before the end boxes or as soon as you join". Did i say that everyone right now is still like that? No i haven't. Once again you fail to realize why im trying to say. Good going. Your more acting and sounding like "an expert on all things of PSU" then i am.

Next time try to understand what someone is trying to say instead of jumping to conslusions of your own smartass.

You ignorantly said "I have always felt bad about the 360 community". Enough said, and don't refer to me as some "moron" when you don't even understand the pure logic of experience something before you make comments about it. You played a few runs during STD and 2+ years ago you played a game, which led you to make the post that you feel bad about the 360 community. It's funny how people who get into these kinds of arguments are always people who haven't even experienced it.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 24, 2010, 03:03 PM
You ignorantly said "I have always felt bad about the 360 community". Enough said, and don't refer to me as some "moron" when you don't even understand the pure logic of experience something before you make comments about it. You played a few runs during STD and 2+ years ago you played a game, which led you to make the post that you feel bad about the 360 community. It's funny how people who get into these kinds of arguments are always people who haven't even experienced it.

Just as funny how you think are god and everything you say is right and such ^^

Zarode
Jan 24, 2010, 04:22 PM
I pledge to talk three times as less on the 360.

DragonStriker
Jan 24, 2010, 04:48 PM
Just as funny how you think are god and everything you say is right and such ^^

I think I am god? I don't remember saying that or even implying it. On this matter yes I'm right.

VetroDrago
Jan 24, 2010, 04:52 PM
I strongly commend everyone on their effort to assist the pc/ps2 players. If I had a 360, I probably would switch over. For now, I have to move on, but it's not hard at all. MAG+ is the last stage of this tremendous journey.

pinkace
Jan 24, 2010, 05:19 PM
in response to the posts above

[Obama mode]

My fellow Guhralians. Through our history, we have been divided. We have spewed poinson forth towards each other. We have attacked and divided our system, based simply on which server we are on. But we must focus on what we have in common, rather than our differences. The time has come to put this differences aside and work towards our common goals.

Our system has suffered a devastating loss. We have lost the PC/PS2 servers. At times like these, some of us may be tempted to gloat. Some would hide their feelings out of pride, and refuse help. But I believe that this brings forth an opportunity to erase our divisions and come together! True, we have wounded each other. We have also been wounded unfairly. But we must put the past behind us and go forward. Change is coming, it is just a few weeks away, and we must be ready for it. We must be United.

God bless you, God bless Gurhal!!

[/Obama mode]

Danny_Dark
Jan 24, 2010, 05:34 PM

[Obama mode]

My fellow Guhralians. Through our history, we have been divided. We have spewed poinson forth towards each other. We have attacked and divided our system, based simply on which server we are on. But we must focus on what we have in common, rather than our differences. The time has come to put this differences aside and work towards our common goals.

Our system has suffered a devastating loss. We have lost the PC/PS2 servers. At times like these, some of us may be tempted to gloat. Some would hide their feelings out of pride, and refuse help. But I believe that this brings forth an opportunity to erase our divisions and come together! True, we have wounded each other. We have also been wounded unfairly. But we must put the past behind us and go forward. Change is coming, it is just a few weeks away, and we must be ready for it. We must be United.

[/Obama mode]

...Some Of Us Will Never Come Back...I Have Make My Decision...
...Good Bye And Good Luck To The People Who Goes On...
...(Remember PSU)...

pinkace
Jan 24, 2010, 07:42 PM
Wear your grudge like a crown.

BIG OLAF
Jan 24, 2010, 07:54 PM
Wow, I had no idea that the PC/PS2 players had such a pointless vendetta towards the 360 players. Makes me kind of glad their servers are capsizing.

*cough*

...but I'll still help any PC/PS2 players who want it.

DEM_CIG
Jan 24, 2010, 11:42 PM
Well finally searching through the forums, in almost 6 months. I will be happy to help you all if you switch sides. I have bn on the 360 side since about a month or so since firebreak, and pls i need to look for a reason toget back into the game. My gamertag is MR CauSe iM God. Maybe this is what I need to get back in the community. =)

Professor Xavier
Jan 24, 2010, 11:51 PM
I believe, I cannot speak for others, that most people that are offering assistance in this manner do so to encourage PC/PS2 users to make the jump, not out of pity or sympathy. Think of it as an incentive; yes, you will have to start from scratch but it will be much easier and you will have help that you didn't have before.

I will pledge time, as I don't have much money or rare items to share.

Gamertag is pinkace. send me a message.

I have asked anyone wanting my help to PM me. Its not my intention to convince anyone. We simply want to help them if they have already made the descision. We can grow the community in a way that benefits everyone. We dont care about SEGA. We want better players in the game. It makes sense to help the others come over if they have already chosen to do so. I have not had a reply to my request. But its still way to soon. Im not sure how I would feel In their shoes. I might want to wait till its all over then go. Or I might want to go before MAG+. I cant go there its not me. I can only offer help! I cant make SEGA transfer accounts as they should be doing anyway!! At some point close to the close of the servers we can make them more aware of this post. Maybe this is to soon. But all they have to do is hit people up. I am trying to think of a way to let everyone know who is helping who. To prevent scamming. You just have to get to know the person you are helping a little before you give them everything. My pledge comes with a stipulation that they play with me. If I am going to give up some really good items. I want to be sure its for a good reason. I dont consider this charity either. The other players did not ask for the servers to be closed. Im sure there are some really cool players on the PS2/PC version. Thank you for you pledge!

Overlord Chan
Jan 25, 2010, 12:33 AM
I made a new character and it is level 47 ATM.
So any i'd be willing to run missions with PC/PS2 migrating over to the 360.

Perfect time to, because playing Mag+ will level you up quickly.
I plan on becoming addicted to PSU when Mag+ comes out.

Yunfa
Jan 25, 2010, 02:36 AM

[Obama mode]

[/Obama mode]

This just made my day. Phew!

Tsavo
Jan 25, 2010, 02:52 AM
Wow, I had no idea that the PC/PS2 players had such a pointless vendetta towards the 360 players. Makes me kind of glad their servers are capsizing.

*cough*

...but I'll still help any PC/PS2 players who want it.

While I appreciate the help I really don't understand where you're coming from. Feeling "glad" that the PC/PS2 side is going offline is really just harboring the same ignorance they directed at you. Now THAT is pointless.

Delete
Jan 25, 2010, 03:20 AM
While I appreciate the help I really don't understand where you're coming from. Feeling "glad" that the PC/PS2 side is going offline is really just harboring the same ignorance they directed at you. Now THAT is pointless.

I think he was probably just a little annoyed by the other comment and anyone who hates the 360 side, afterall......it's Sega shutting down the servers, not us.

Anywho, I am also willing to help out with this whole thing. I have 4 stacks of extra meseta just waiting to be given away...seriously. PM me if you plan on making the switch, and I will surely hook ya up.

Professor Xavier
Jan 25, 2010, 03:37 AM

This so called rivalry does not really exist at least to me. Ive been on these forums for a few years. I dont remember this rivalry you speak of. It eveidently does exist. But to tell you the truth we dont need to make much of it. Out of thousands of hours playing on the 360 version. I cannot remember a single time anyone bashed the other platforms. Except for JP having everything before us. The rivalry should be with SEGA.

I can imagine even 360 players having to go to the Japanese servers and having to get a PC and the even worse thing of having to learn enough japanese to get by. Then just to find out there closing down as well. Imagine trying to do story mode. Im not sure why SEGA chose to seperate the international servers. USA/EU some players may be hackers. Im not up on all the glitches on the different platforms. These are all things myself and others never talk about. Some do! I remember things that used to bother me.

I recently came back for my own personal reasons. Not because I missed this game. Thats probably the best part. I have had an easy time of it. When I quit before I had a level 130 Fortetecher 130 Beast 110 human 56 cast. My main character was techer. The day I left I gave away everything. My 9/9 Psyco wand my Vijeri resist I worked so hard to get. I was worth about four stacks. Which is not terrible by any meens. Not great either. Then I deleted all my characters including all my photon arts. Most of my techs were in the 35-40 range. The day after quit SEGA announced the next update. Which may or may not have kept me a little longer.

But since Ive been back this game is so much more fun! Im doing everything I did not do before. I did techer all the time before. I have no desire to have level 20 masterforce and 50 techs. Which is really cool!! I just dont have two years to spend trying to get back where I was. When I came back I had friends who were quiting. They set me up nicely with Meseta and a bunch of good items. That and my low account number, I do pretty well. A lot of things that were in the game. Issues, glitches, booting. A lot of the old stupid things on the 360 version were all worked out when I was gone. There are some things that could bother me. But Im not going to let them ruin my good time. Im just here to have fun. I want everyone else to do the same. We all love this game or we simply would not be posting or playing.
These rivalries will be gotton over fast. Some PS2/PC players will probably come over. When I came back I seriously considered the PC version. I did not care if the population was small. Im glad I did not for the simple reason there servers are shutting down. Take it from me. Its real easy to get over stuff if you simply dont talk about it. Change the subject, Leave the party, just do something else!

I hope wherever we all end up in the end. We all enjoyed our time on PSU. We can and will move on to other things. Im waiting on other games in development. When they come out I may stop playing again. The games are delayed over a year. They may never come out. They may not fill the need. Lets enjoy the game while it is here. However short your time is. Even if you decide to quit tommorrow. Have fun before you do.

IF WE LET SEGA STEAL OUR THUNDER, THEN THEY WIN!! enjoy PSU while you can. I dont blame anyone for quitting!

Now lets go on and make this better while we still can!!

Tsavo
Jan 25, 2010, 04:26 AM
I think he was probably just a little annoyed by the other comment and anyone who hates the 360 side, afterall......it's Sega shutting down the servers, not us.

Anywho, I am also willing to help out with this whole thing. I have 4 stacks of extra meseta just waiting to be given away...seriously. PM me if you plan on making the switch, and I will surely hook ya up.

And I do understand that. I joined the PC/PS2 side about a month after the game was released. Back then the servers were packed to bursting even though there was no content to be had. Made alot of friends. I made a few characters on 360 a year later just to see what it was like and my first three runs were bad experiences so I even became one of those with an unfounded vendetta against it and stopped playing. All my friends and gear were on the other servers anyway. I thought about it later on though and remembered back when I first started playing that I also ran into a ton of assholes, I had kind of forgotten that aspect. I realize now that where there are alot more people there are bound to be alot more assholes, plain and simple. I don't run into so many nowadays because, well, no one plays anymore PC/PS2 side and I know the three others that do.

On a side note you wouldn't mind floating some of that surpluss cash my way would you? I'm dusting off my 360 account in light of this server business and am finding myself very poor.

Delete
Jan 25, 2010, 04:47 AM
It depends on your level and how new you are. I really am aiming for the ones who are starting completely over, but I wouldn't mind giving 10 or 20 mil to the occasional player.

BIG OLAF
Jan 25, 2010, 06:17 AM

Yeah, it's not like I'm sitting in a huge, black chair, petting a white cat, chuckling diabolically at the fact that the PC/PS2 servers are shutting down.

I'm just surprised to hear what DragonStriker (and others) have been saying about the PC/PS2 players' attitude towards 360 players. After all these years, I would have never guessed that the general mindset over there was unbridled hate for us.

That's all.

Ruru
Jan 25, 2010, 06:55 AM
Not all of us PC/PS2 players hate the 360 side.

Most of us (especially the PS2 players) don't have the means to play on 360. If we had the money to buy a 360 we wouldn't still be playing on a PS2, we'd have been playing on a PC.

A lot of the 360 vs PC/PS2 hate, stems from pride. Each server claiming to be better than the other. It has nothing to do with personal vendettas. It has to do with forum discussions and general assholishness.

I've seen far too many "360 server: I got kicked out of such and such party" which you don't see as often on the PC/PS2 side. Which can mostly be attributed to the fact that 1, we have a much smaller server base now which = a lot less assholes, and 2, most people (that I know) tend to play with groups of friends or people they know enough to trust not to kick them out of the party for small reasons. I'm not saying the PC/PS2 side doesn't have it's share of assholes though. We do get the occasional "your palette sucks" loser and of course the immature spammers at every event, and the store/trade scammers and the old room hacking incidents. On 360 though we here of so many things that get you kicked out of parties or before boss boxes that we just don't see on PC/PS2.

Or hell what was worse, was during the first MAG when a lot of people on the 360 side were poking fun at those of us that got hit with 065, and/or claiming how much better their server was because they had to carry us through the kill count.

We can't generalize and do this server vs server crap anymore though. Seeing as how we on the PC/PS2 side no longer have a server.

Btw this thread makes it feel like some kind of disaster relief program which I find to be funny. Not trying to make fun of it, but it just makes me laugh for some reason. I'm glad for all of you on the 360 side opening your arms for those on the PC/PS2 side who would like a new home.

I'm not one of them though. Like I said I appreciate the gesture, but it's far too late in the life of PSU for me to want to start all over. I have 4 characters I play regularly all with high or max PA's not to mention, some of the gear I have with emotional value attatched to them plus the almost 7000 hours of gameplay. To top it all off I don't have the money for a 360 anyway lol. But as I said, thanks for the gesture of kindness.

Danny_Dark
Jan 25, 2010, 11:18 AM
Wear your grudge like a crown.

!!...What Is The Meaning Of This Now.

DragonStriker
Jan 25, 2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, it's not like I'm sitting in a huge, black chair, petting a white cat, chuckling diabolically at the fact that the PC/PS2 servers are shutting down.

I'm just surprised to hear what DragonStriker (and others) have been saying about the PC/PS2 players' attitude towards 360 players. After all these years, I would have never guessed that the general mindset over there was unbridled hate for us.

That's all.

I never said the mindset was hatred over there on the pc/ps2 server. All I'm saying is there is a general notion of "We have less assholes" or "Our people are more mature" which is entirely untrue. Both servers have the same per ratio amount of assholes and each server has it's little kids. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of over exagerated things floating around the pc/ps2 server about the 360 version. If you don't believe me just go to a lobby and read what people type, a friend of mine was just talking to me about how she was told girls on 360 are constantly harassed and sent pictures to on a regular basis. Now I'm not saying 360 players don't bash the pc/ps2 because like I said both sides have their morons it just seems that pc/ps2 server doesn't seem to understand how rare these idiotic occurences really are. In regards to Ruru you are right there are posts about booting and such it's just not nearly as common as a lot of people think. Now that being said I think the general consensus of the ps2/pc server is that they are more mature and have no where near the problems the 360 community has. Now you may all disagree but like I said I have sat in lobbies for years and read some of the most ridiculous things about what they heard about the 360 server and the people there. And I have yet to see an open discussion about the pc/ps2 server in any lobbies in almost 4 months of playing on the 360 server. It's funny because I even remember Sieno telling me how the people on the 360 server were so much more arrogant and how they were all elitists and how nice the pc/ps2 players were in comparrison. Yet he comes in here saying it's even, that just cracks me up. Thanks Sieno for once again proving to me why I don't trust a damn thing you say or post.

DragonStriker
Jan 25, 2010, 06:40 PM
This so called rivalry does not really exist at least to me. Ive been on these forums for a few years. I dont remember this rivalry you speak of. It eveidently does exist. But to tell you the truth we dont need to make much of it. Out of thousands of hours playing on the 360 version. I cannot remember a single time anyone bashed the other platforms. Except for JP having everything before us. The rivalry should be with SEGA.

I can imagine even 360 players having to go to the Japanese servers and having to get a PC and the even worse thing of having to learn enough japanese to get by. Then just to find out there closing down as well. Imagine trying to do story mode. Im not sure why SEGA chose to seperate the international servers. USA/EU some players may be hackers. Im not up on all the glitches on the different platforms. These are all things myself and others never talk about. Some do! I remember things that used to bother me.

I recently came back for my own personal reasons. Not because I missed this game. Thats probably the best part. I have had an easy time of it. When I quit before I had a level 130 Fortetecher 130 Beast 110 human 56 cast. My main character was techer. The day I left I gave away everything. My 9/9 Psyco wand my Vijeri resist I worked so hard to get. I was worth about four stacks. Which is not terrible by any meens. Not great either. Then I deleted all my characters including all my photon arts. Most of my techs were in the 35-40 range. The day after quit SEGA announced the next update. Which may or may not have kept me a little longer.

But since Ive been back this game is so much more fun! Im doing everything I did not do before. I did techer all the time before. I have no desire to have level 20 masterforce and 50 techs. Which is really cool!! I just dont have two years to spend trying to get back where I was. When I came back I had friends who were quiting. They set me up nicely with Meseta and a bunch of good items. That and my low account number, I do pretty well. A lot of things that were in the game. Issues, glitches, booting. A lot of the old stupid things on the 360 version were all worked out when I was gone. There are some things that could bother me. But Im not going to let them ruin my good time. Im just here to have fun. I want everyone else to do the same. We all love this game or we simply would not be posting or playing.
These rivalries will be gotton over fast. Some PS2/PC players will probably come over. When I came back I seriously considered the PC version. I did not care if the population was small. Im glad I did not for the simple reason there servers are shutting down. Take it from me. Its real easy to get over stuff if you simply dont talk about it. Change the subject, Leave the party, just do something else!

I hope wherever we all end up in the end. We all enjoyed our time on PSU. We can and will move on to other things. Im waiting on other games in development. When they come out I may stop playing again. The games are delayed over a year. They may never come out. They may not fill the need. Lets enjoy the game while it is here. However short your time is. Even if you decide to quit tommorrow. Have fun before you do.

IF WE LET SEGA STEAL OUR THUNDER, THEN THEY WIN!! enjoy PSU while you can. I dont blame anyone for quitting!

Now lets go on and make this better while we still can!!

You do understand that I was saying I saw that stuff on the pc/ps2 server and not the 360 one right? Maybe I didn't make my post clear enough, please read the post above this and it might be clearer.

pinkace
Jan 25, 2010, 06:46 PM
OK guys come on, enough of this. I mean, I joke around a lot and I take very little seriously, but can we just leave the past behind and bond as a community? If we can leave whatever was said in the past and just do this...

Seriously.

Volcompat321
Yet he comes in here saying it's even, that just cracks me up. Thanks Sieno for once again proving to me why I don't trust a damn thing you say or post.

No problem.

Seeing how you don't understand the things you read, apparently, I'll leave it at that.
I'm not going to quote what I want you to read, and understand, again.

By the way, it's not like I haven't played over on the 360 servers. I was there for 3 and a half months or so.
I'm not saying you're wrong, or anyone else is right, but I'll stick with my Pc/PS2 buddies.

Alpal, have fun playing whatever games you're going to play in the future.
Hopefully we don't meet up again.

SStrikerR
Hmm. I always liked starting fresh. Let me ask a few questions first? You don't need gold membership, right? Silver will do, you just need the pay the $10 a month to sega? I'm down.

I know the game won't last too much longer, but I miss the game and I'm not losing much from the pc/ps2 servers. I'm actually debating on doing this.

BIG OLAF
Jan 25, 2010, 09:25 PM
Hmm. I always liked starting fresh. Let me ask a few questions first? You don't need gold membership, right?

Correct. Just the 10$ for Sega every month.

blazingsonic
Jan 26, 2010, 02:04 PM
>.< I want prepaid cards like all the other MMOs are doing "Sonic Team"!

Cranberry
Jan 26, 2010, 05:31 PM
I will not be joining the Xbox 360 servers. It's not out of hatred for them, but because it would be too expensive for me to consider this. I don't have a Xbox and it would be far too expensive for me to purchase everything required to play on the 360 servers.

I will say that I very much appreciate the Xbox players opening up their hearts to try and welcome the "refugees" coming from the PC/PS2 server. But as for myself, I will be resigning to offline mode as far as PSU is concerned once the server shuts down.

Delete
Jan 26, 2010, 07:59 PM
Hmm. I always liked starting fresh. Let me ask a few questions first? You don't need gold membership, right? Silver will do, you just need the pay the $10 a month to sega? I'm down.

I know the game won't last too much longer, but I miss the game and I'm not losing much from the pc/ps2 servers. I'm actually debating on doing this.

Let me know if ya do.I wouldn't mind starting ya off with a stack of money so ya could do whatever plus some decent weapons. :D

Danny_Dark
Jan 28, 2010, 11:12 AM
I will not be joining the Xbox 360 servers. It's not out of hatred for them, but because it would be too expensive for me to consider this. I don't have a Xbox and it would be far too expensive for me to purchase everything required to play on the 360 servers.

I will say that I very much appreciate the Xbox players opening up their hearts to try and welcome the "refugees" coming from the PC/PS2 server. But as for myself, I will be resigning to offline mode as far as PSU is concerned once the server shuts down.

Well, For Myself I Have a 360, But I Refuse To Change Servers...
(There Are Other MMORPG Out There).

Megaman X
Feb 1, 2010, 01:08 AM
i can sure some extra help. its very hard to start all over in the 360 version after i invested about 2000+ hours on the ps2 version of my account. I would love to see other psu pc/ps2 players i know on the other side. Though now, I'm starting as Skyfire Angel this time. I'd do what ever i can to help other players. :)

overstockr1
Feb 2, 2010, 04:58 PM
So I am on Xbox live now wheres all the help we PC/PS2 players were to get lol?

Red Ring
Feb 2, 2010, 05:09 PM
you mean free rares? why you little mooch............. paypal me. joke...

overstockr1
Feb 2, 2010, 05:12 PM
No no rares just need a little help leveling.
So for everyone on xbox has been mean to me whats up with that?

GreenArcher
Feb 2, 2010, 05:30 PM
MAG+ should be all the help you need for leveling :p

Professor Xavier
Feb 2, 2010, 05:37 PM
Because of the post below I am asking everyone here that is helping someone to send me a PM of the persons GT that they are helping. If you are giving them substatial help then I will list thier GT in the first part of this post. Only one to a cusromer. I met someone already that I am helping. I will post their GT soon. I will update this daily. Just because we are helping does not mean we will be suckers. The person in this post beloew should have sent a PM to someone on this post. They need to follow our example. I will glady help as will most. But I won't be scammed because of it!! So look at the first message in this post for GT's alreadt being helped.

Again thanks for all the pladges. I'm sure everone will help given the chance.

TY! PX

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174240