PDA

View Full Version : Was the shutdown predicted three years ago?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jan 22, 2010, 03:08 AM
I was a part of that line, the character with the red hair and black clothes, sitting a bit towards the middle. I can't describe what compelled me to join it on that day, but for some reason I just HAD to be there, as if it were some significant event.

It always means somethings up when astral bodies decide to align, so can the same be said for PSU players? Sure it could have been a grand coincidence, but if it were then why would someone just happen to record it, and why was it chosen on a day so very close to when the server would be going down in a few years time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-chRafMuKa4

Micro
Jan 22, 2010, 03:27 AM
Damn this is OLD. I was sitting right at the start of the vid, hume with the headband in blue. :wacko:

Vickie
Jan 22, 2010, 10:39 AM
naw Nostradamus Predicted It waaaaay Before that

RedCoKid
Jan 22, 2010, 10:48 AM
haha, that's me! I was sitting on the videographer's left! Micky Monday showed up later, too. (Infamous Easter Rappy Event, Part I)

Zorafim
Jan 22, 2010, 12:03 PM
I'm left in the dust on this one. It seems like typical fourth floor activity to me. What made this so special?

ashley50
Jan 22, 2010, 12:05 PM
If you're on the Vidoe, you're special?

RedCoKid
Jan 22, 2010, 12:16 PM
I'm left in the dust on this one. It seems like typical fourth floor activity to me. What made this so special?

People randomly assembled into a line while taking a break from hunting easter rappies. It started with the guy afk in his chair on the camera's right and moved to the left. One of those "you had to be there to get it" moments.

Zorafim
Jan 22, 2010, 12:18 PM
I see. It's moments like these that made the game so enjoyable. Heh, the only game I know of that's more enjoyable doing things you don't normally do in games.

Max B
Jan 22, 2010, 01:10 PM
Nice vid glad to see vids like this.It realy makes you think what Psu is all about

Ruru
Jan 25, 2010, 05:38 AM
It's sad really. So nostalgic and the Nights music playing really hits you right there.

Makes it even worse knowing what's coming in the next 2 months...

Red Ring
Jan 25, 2010, 08:07 AM
if you all don't make that line again something bad is going to happen to your mothers. :O

Gunslinger-08
Jan 25, 2010, 08:28 AM
Maybe the prediction would have had some weight if there hadn't been so many other predictions and pessimists who though the servers were going to close anywhere from the Winter Event until now.

Dragwind
Jan 25, 2010, 09:08 AM
This sure is an interesting coincidence. I too was in this video, I can be seen wearing the blue flaxo pants (haha) sitting on the Linear Line bench.

-Ryuki-
Jan 25, 2010, 01:26 PM
While I wasn't there for that line, it's pretty nostalgic having seen people I DO recognize.
More than half, most of which were close friends!
I don't know how I feel about the coincidence though, but it kind of makes me sad to think about it.

KiiDizFRESH
Jan 25, 2010, 04:53 PM
i think sega doesnt want to give us what we payed for, and fully updates......., so we can quit and they can say ,"the populatation is just too small."

Scion
Jan 29, 2010, 03:24 AM
Wow, I don't even remember why this happened, but apparently, I'm front and center in this video in a few spots, LOL.

Hmmm... The rappy is a lie! That's all I can say.

Kimil Adrayne
Jan 29, 2010, 03:32 AM
I see some people I use to play with there... Time to watch the VCC vid I think. :D

Kion
Jan 29, 2010, 07:35 AM
That's the problem with predictions; you can generally looks at trends and make a good guess, but over all it's more like roulette. Everyone has their chips down, it's just the person whose crazy rambling who happened to hit the mark can claim to be a psycic.

Musekaze
Jan 29, 2010, 10:40 AM
A major mistake Sega made with this game:

No offline multiplayer. At least then people would still play it.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 29, 2010, 02:15 PM
I don't understand this thread. Guyver made a video of a bunch of people in a line somewhat close to the date the servers are going to shut down? How is that a prediction?

Powder Keg
Jan 29, 2010, 02:20 PM
I don't understand this thread. Guyver made a video of a bunch of people in a line somewhat close to the date the servers are going to shut down? How is that a prediction?

I'm thinking the same thing here.

Shadix
Jan 29, 2010, 03:11 PM
Isn't the month and day pretty dang close to the date PSOGC shut down? Maybe it was a joking reference.