PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Clarification: No sub needed for "free play" period.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 22, 2010, 06:03 AM
Credit goes to Micro for posting the link, but I figured that in the chaos of all of this, some people might have missed his post in the thread announcing the shutdown, so at the possible risk of being burned or maimed, I'm just going to repost it in a seperate thread, since I'm sure there are some users who won't backtrack into the thread to find this important little tidbit of information.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=310267

Administrator

Hello GUARDIANS ----

I want to clarify the free play issue for PC/PS2 servers. The Free Play will apply to *anyone* who has had a valid account during PSU -- you do not need to make a purchase now if you were previously subscribed, and do not . Anyone who was banned from the servers will remain banned; those accounts will not be able to log in during free play.

I have told a few of you differently over PM (saying that you had to make an active purchase by the 29th) and that was my mistake. I think I have already let everyone know that this was a mistake, but if I haven't and you have already subscribed in the past several hours because of what I told you, do let me know and I can reverse those charges. This should only apply to 1 or 2 of you, but let me know via PM if there's any issue!

Zorafim
Jan 22, 2010, 12:06 PM
Just because I'm a fan of clarification, I'm going to ask. What he means is, "If you have any character or account that exists in our servers, you will not require a payment to use them." Is this right? If so, this is a lovely parting gift from Sega. I was going to subscribe anyway to say my peace, but it looks like I don't even need to go that far.

Syl
Jan 22, 2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah, the wording for this was very odd, but I'm glad it has been clarified. Now to just reinstall the game...

Zorafim
Jan 22, 2010, 12:16 PM
Fuu, that's right. I'm not even sure if I have it installed or not.

Cranberry
Jan 22, 2010, 12:35 PM
I PM'd him. I had just bought a new license yesterday thinking I needed to in order to play.

Powder Keg
Jan 22, 2010, 12:41 PM
I PM'd him. I had just bought a new license yesterday thinking I needed to in order to play.

I purchased one literally 12 hours before the announcement. We should both be credited.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 22, 2010, 12:53 PM
Just because I'm a fan of clarification, I'm going to ask. What he means is, "If you have any character or account that exists in our servers, you will not require a payment to use them." Is this right? If so, this is a lovely parting gift from Sega. I was going to subscribe anyway to say my peace, but it looks like I don't even need to go that far.

I'm 95% sure that's what Edward is saying.

I purchased one literally 12 hours before the announcement. We should both be credited.

PM him, and it should get taken care of.

Para
Jan 22, 2010, 01:03 PM
Great I guess I can play then

Cracka_J
Jan 22, 2010, 01:10 PM
so is authentication down already or does it start the 29th?
anyone tried logging in with an inactive account yet? I need to reinstall later today if it's down.

Anduril
Jan 22, 2010, 01:24 PM
Well that's nice. I was just about to reactivate the account I had back in March, but I guess I don't have to pay, just wait until the free period starts. Now just to remember my ID and password.

Tsavo
Jan 22, 2010, 01:30 PM
so is authentication down already or does it start the 29th?
anyone tried logging in with an inactive account yet? I need to reinstall later today if it's down.

I tried last night and got the familiar "license expired" message. Maybe we have to ait till the 29th?

Boxblaster
Jan 22, 2010, 01:38 PM
I had a PC account right when the game was released, but only had it for a couple months. Wonder if my data is still there, and if I can get on. My last bit of interest in PSU is with the last 2 chapters of the story (and Dark God S2, but I wont be able to get there). I'll just need to dig deep and find my account info, and see if it works then.

edit: I have just remembered, since I dont have aoti on pc, all this is for naught.

Cranberry
Jan 22, 2010, 02:21 PM
I explained to him what happened, and he was very polite and cooperative with me. I provided him the information he requested and he happily refunded my fee. It was a pleasure working with him.

DAMASCUS
Jan 22, 2010, 06:09 PM
*Raises Hand*

I'm now part of the 'I just donated 10 bucks to SEGA' club. Two months for the price of one? lol. Oh well, thats the last Jefferson anyway.

KoNeko1192
Jan 23, 2010, 08:52 PM
Glad to hear this. I was JUST about to renew my subscription, so I'm glad I researched it a bit.

Crazy, looking back on my Subscriptions page and seeing that I have various billing cycles staggered out from October 2006 to mid 2009 before I got into PSPo2 xD

Anyway, my PSU subscription shows as "cancelled". I'll still be fine despite this, right? I would love to give my final goodbye to PSU :/

DoubleJG
Jan 23, 2010, 09:03 PM
Looks like I'll be hopping on to try out all of the missions that have launched since I quit playing. Hmm, I'm actually a bit excited to hear this.

Sol_B4dguy
Jan 26, 2010, 02:09 PM
Looks like I shall return to pay my respects (and finish story mode). This is a nice gift from Sega.