PDA

View Full Version : Problem solved: Why not just make our own PSO/PSU

magenta
Jan 25, 2010, 01:52 PM
well?
Just use/modify some 3D game engine out there, get some coders, and 3D artists.

Ill contribute in the design of the most beautiful and biggest fomarl use only axes. XD

Ranji
Jan 25, 2010, 02:13 PM
Thread failed. nb4death.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 25, 2010, 02:20 PM
Let me know how that works out for you.

Sinikal
Jan 25, 2010, 03:17 PM
u cant be serious

magenta
Jan 25, 2010, 03:38 PM
why does sarcasm fail here?
ah trying to make light of the death of psu

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2010, 03:48 PM
we are not impressed :| it fails because a thread should not be created from sarcasm

RadiantLegend
Jan 25, 2010, 03:54 PM
v_c too much rage atm I'm guessing.

Danny_Dark
Jan 25, 2010, 04:04 PM
D...Damn...My Head Hurts...

magenta
Jan 25, 2010, 05:13 PM
too much rage?

ah perhaps its surely does deserve its death
I too cant believe it at first, with all the ubah itamz Ive synthed and collected, now gone to waste
and then a couple of minutes later i just loled

well im off to make a few ranger psu/pso skins for unreal tournament 3 (lolerz)

Red Ring
Jan 25, 2010, 06:04 PM
i actually had a retarded idea of making a pso unreal tournament 3 mod when ut3 first came out while i was looking at the modding tools. then i realized i was retarded. it wasn't going to be pso by any stretch of the imagination just inspired level design, weapons, and characters from pso. first of all it requires lots of work that anyone with a life would simply not have time for. the only good mods made are from people wanting a job in the game industry or just people who have mental problems cause that sure as hell is a lot of work for something that can't possibly pay off. to people who havent ever learned how to mod for real it sounds like a great idea but once you see the work involved only the insane would even start to try and do it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 25, 2010, 07:09 PM
why does sarcasm fail here?Because this is exactly the type of thing someone would post seriously here.

Tyreek
Jan 25, 2010, 07:19 PM
I don't think this thread is gonna float too well. Can a mod lock this?

magenta
Jan 25, 2010, 09:52 PM
Because this is exactly the type of thing someone would post seriously here.

O'Rly?

and another asking this thread to be locked.

my goodness, I guess the druggies are really sad at having their crack farm shut down.

ShinMaruku
Jan 25, 2010, 09:56 PM
If you been getting fleeched for 3 years I don't know what to say. The game is old now thye gotta make a new one. Hopfully by killing off Sonic team.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 29, 2010, 02:38 AM
lol use another game engine?? i don't think so, that's illegal. lol! make your own game engine.!

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 29, 2010, 04:06 PM
I was actually making a PSO clone years ago on the PC, but I never got around to doing much other than one dungeon and two planets; but you *were* able to watch yourself travel from one planet to the next that was incredibly far away in real-time! Maybe I'll have to try again some day. :)

zandra117
Jan 29, 2010, 08:40 PM
I have been working on a classic phantasy star mmo fangame on and off for a while now. It takes place on planet Motavia in between phantasy star 2 and phantasy star 4 during the "Great Collapse" and after a fragment of Palma hits Motavia and destroys Paseo and floods Zema and some other areas of the planet. Its 2d right now and isnt very playable at the moment but I would like to make it into a 3d mmo.

BWS-1
Jan 29, 2010, 08:51 PM
Hey, long time no see.

Yeah, seems the timing is off for such a suggestion/joke. Though I would be interested. Hey if they can pull off from an ''abandon-ware'' a fully recreated Star Wars Galaxies before the changes, surely PSU can be ''remade'' with, say, 10 times the content.

Like you know, rolling.

PS:P2 feature my @$$. Ever wondered if it was REALLY coded for the players just not implemented? It's not like they don't have the animation or even the function in; all those Spec Op casts pull front/back/left/right rolling all the time; used to think it was so unfair THEY can pull this off WITH SNIPERS while I, with a lil one-hand dagger, have to WALK to them or PA my way to them out of sheer amusement at seeing that either fail OR succeed.

I forward the notion. Besides, I know of RO private servers which have been up for 5 years. I'm pretty certain any average Joe with the slight amount of dedication for the franchise could outlast any SoA-maintained services.

SEGA should rename themselves just GA for now. Seems it's the only thing they can provide/publish: games.

Litdaze
Feb 1, 2010, 01:51 PM
Well like a PSO private i play in, a PSU private could be made too =S
Dunno just giving ideas

Allison_W
Feb 2, 2010, 09:19 PM
Making video games is hard.

A PSU private server could happen, though, and is a reasonable project for someone with the right skills plus time and patience.