PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Speculation on Guardians Cash for 360

unicorn
Jan 26, 2010, 05:32 PM
Considering Edward said SOA was trying to get more frequent updates on the 360, I was wondering how they would execute the GC system?

Wasn't it an unpopular update in JP servers? I assume it would practically wipe out half the 360 population to a point where 360 servers mimic PS2/PC servers, ultimately leading to a 360 server shutdown.

Or, wouldnt it be funny if the GC system is free on 360? Of course this would probably piss off JP players, but this is really the only thing that makes sense if they want to keep their 360 playerbase.

DuRaL
Jan 26, 2010, 05:57 PM
they should use meseta for GC stuff.. like, let's say 20 mil meseta to run 1 GC mission xD
this way it would still be hard to do, and stuff would soon lower in prices cause there won't be enough money to buy an item for a stack ;P

well, either this, or they could make the game free to play and only charge players for GC stuff (probably won't happen)

or they just do it the same way as in japan, even though it's pretty ridiculous.. it's Sega, after all..

darthplagis
Jan 26, 2010, 05:59 PM
i doubt it would be free as the weapon upgrades alone will will be really popular (for the people who dont care about making money to buy weapons, rather make/find them)

im really hoping GC comes and soon as i NEEEEEEEEEED a set of diska and some l&K combats, along with all the other goodies you can get with both the supp update and GC

meseta will be a silly idea as it will make the already ridiculously capitalist system even worse!

stinkyfish97
Jan 26, 2010, 06:15 PM
Well its something theyve had a while to work out. All the transactions would be considered micro transactions and they would have to work that out with xbox live and microsoft. PS2, has there own billing site and it is handled by Sega. So its either not going to happen for us, I would like to see them just pay a certain amount of messeta to fix your weapon or however it works with actual money over there. My guess is micro transactions handled by microsoft.

ThaJesusLzrd
Jan 26, 2010, 06:19 PM
Well if they did use meseta for GC, we'd have a way to get all this excess meseta out of our economy, which could be a good thing. But using meseta instead of real cash would require someone editing and changing the update which I highly doubt will happen.

DragonStriker
Jan 26, 2010, 06:57 PM
Well I'll begin with my opinion of it. I hate the idea of GC because of a few reasons:
-Your gear (Unless changed) is what makes up the market. So people will literally be buying meseta by using upgrade GC and selling those items. Which can get you banned currently.
-We have to pay for gear that we already paid for. GC is just content they could have delivered for free that we are having to pay extra to obtain.
-To have the best gear in the game you have to spend extra money outside the download of AOTI and buying the disc and the endless monthly payments.

*If GC were account bound, the gear was also obtainable outside of GC, and there were some kind of meseta exchange (As said above) I might be on board with it.

Now back to the question, my assumption is that SEGA will have to somehow give Microsoft a cut to get GC to 360. Which my guess would make the current GC things more expensive as to make both groups achieve profit. Which makes me mad because from what I understand it's already pretty damn expensive in Japan.

Proto07
Jan 26, 2010, 09:45 PM
One way Microsoft could make money off GC is if players could purchase GC only with MS points.

Alamar
Jan 26, 2010, 09:48 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?p=5493707#post5493707

Right from the horses mouth so to speak. Don't hold your breath on it basically.

Professor Xavier
Jan 26, 2010, 10:20 PM
There probably is a poll on who will quit if they do GC. My guess is based on conversations in the game is that 50-70% of players will quit and cancel their accounts. I would not play with anyone with GC stats on their weapons. So go ahead and do GC. I just hope everyone buying it realizes the game would be dead. All of that real money spent to upgrade an in game item would be history when SEGA closes the servers because not enough accounts are active.

Happy upgrading!!

XbikXBd
Jan 27, 2010, 10:34 AM
Ok i played on the jp before any of this server shut down bs started and i found it gave psu a revivel even tho you need to spend money for gc it is fun and it gives you a kind of exitment when you find that wep you want after 5 dollars of hunting lol now i bearly hit 120 on the jp severs and gc is barly the scab of what you could do like more powerful stuff it exclusive trade like demolition comet( stac double saber, heart of devil,fluge,magic rock irisita) and Cadues(photon fluge,Okarod) so yah gc would be fun on xbox if it used "money" no ms points or meseta lol
so yah for bettter or worse it would only help not hurt........

trevman18
Jan 27, 2010, 10:47 AM
Ok i played on the jp before any of this server shut down bs started and i found it gave psu a revivel even tho you need to spend money for gc it is fun and it gives you a kind of exitment when you find that wep you want after 5 dollars of hunting lol now i bearly hit 120 on the jp severs and gc is barly the scab of what you could do like more powerful stuff it exclusive trade like demolition comet( stac double saber, heart of devil,fluge,magic rock irisita) and Cadues(photon fluge,Okarod) so yah gc would be fun on xbox if it used "money" no ms points or meseta lol
so yah for bettter or worse it would only help not hurt........

I agree with this and I have something to add to that about the whole using GC to make your equipment better,just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it,and others using doesn't effect you in anyway so why quit over it.Besides there is a limit to upgrading your weapons and armor.But the GC missions are fun and they add excitement to the game so yeah I welcome it.

pikachief
Jan 27, 2010, 12:05 PM
After looking up more future PSU stuff I saw that, although we can get amazing stuff from GC missions, there are other weapons coming out like the poster above me has said, and it seems that people who pay are not getting that much MORE than what we pay, and we can still be just as good.

The only advantage is that other people can get better stuff easier if they pay. and by now im used to others getting stuff easier hahaha

Arika
Jan 27, 2010, 01:32 PM
I could say that if not for GC, PSU-JP wouldn't even have this many supplemental updates. GC on JP server counts as very (VERY!) successful. Even thought they reduce population to half, every existing players pay for 3-4x time of monthly subscription to buy GC!!

so I don't think they will give you any of those stuffs for free.
It will be the same pattern, -> supplemental update -> a good /R mission -> then GC start! -> another loop and then the next GC update will come back again to drain you many X of subscription money! (this is how JP has been until now)

If population reduce because of that? -> then SEGA will just shutdown the server =_= end!

and you hope too much, if you think that any rant will stop SEGA from draining your money.

Keilyn
Jan 27, 2010, 03:06 PM
GC pretty much ended all the Cartel-Like ideology where people buy a supply up and then sell them back at overinflated prices...It forced fair pricing to exist since players had a second option...to buy up lower percentage equipment and GC it up to 40%. The breakdown in GC Upgraded is as follows:

10 - 20% = 10GC points (10 cents/per %)
21 - 30% = 20GC points (20 cents/per %)
31 - 40% = 40GC points (40 cents/per %)

I bought a rainbow set of armors (the name doesn't matter) since we are talking about percentages....Their Percents were in the 30s and they were four slot armors. I remember well they were:

30% dark
36% ground
36% lightning
34% ice
32% light
34% fire

I GCed them all to 40%....

Take the right number and leave the left number in each percent alone. Six Armors on the List = Six Entries. The range we are talking about is the 30 - 40% Range, so the Range is 10. 6 * 10 = 60 as a max. Add up the right numbers....you have 0 6 6 4 2 4 which add up to 22.

60 - 22 = 38.

38 (#needed for all to be 40%) * 40 (GC points spent) = 1520

$15.20

Which I gladly enjoyed paying because for the armors I obtained, I won't be able to find 40 - 200 boards, all the materials and synth them all hoping for a 40% set in one - two months.

The GC missions are cool too because it brings friendship to a deeper meaning in the sense you are trusting people with your money or sharing costs and if a person can trust you in that way....it shows a kind of trust that goes beyond a game.

DragonStriker
Jan 27, 2010, 03:21 PM
I agree with this and I have something to add to that about the whole using GC to make your equipment better,just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it,and others using doesn't effect you in anyway so why quit over it.Besides there is a limit to upgrading your weapons and armor.But the GC missions are fun and they add excitement to the game so yeah I welcome it.

Aslong as the upgraded gear isn't sold it doesn't effect other people. If before someone had 10/10 guns and because of GC there were quite a few more so the price on my 10/10 gun went down drastically and then I decided to try and sell my 10/10 non GC weapon the GC would have effected me. What's hilarious is how SEGA bans people for buying meseta but in a sense is saying "Aslong as we get a cut buying meseta is good" and that's exactly what you do if you buy upgrades and then sell it.

Yamishi
Jan 27, 2010, 03:37 PM
*If GC were account bound, the gear was also obtainable outside of GC, and there were some kind of meseta exchange (As said above) I might be on board with it.

I know that items you find in the Guardian's Cash missions are account-bound. I don't know about GC-modified items, though.

DragonStriker
Jan 27, 2010, 03:47 PM
I know that items you find in the Guardian's Cash missions are account-bound. I don't know about GC-modified items, though.

They aren't in Japan. From what I understand people will just raise the armour %s and then sell them in their shop to make meseta. Like Armas lines and so forth. I could be wrong and I hope I'm wrong but that just makes me unhappy about the whole GC situation.

darthplagis
Jan 27, 2010, 05:18 PM
im pretty sure using GC mkes that item bound to you, but like i said it would be a blow to those crazy people who ONLY buy from player shops and never hunt and synth their own gear.

i really hope we get GC missions including the upgrade machine.

i have no problem putting a few £££ into a game, i pay the subscription already....... ah those bi monthly updates that were promised with AOTI :( worthwhile???......... so putting a few ££ in to my account either through MSpoints or directly through sega, that will allow me to make MY weapon that little bit better, then yeah thats fine. would i sell it if it was not account bound? no i wouldnt, like i said that is MY weapon.

DragonStriker
Jan 27, 2010, 06:13 PM
im pretty sure using GC mkes that item bound to you, but like i said it would be a blow to those crazy people who ONLY buy from player shops and never hunt and synth their own gear.

i really hope we get GC missions including the upgrade machine.

i have no problem putting a few £££ into a game, i pay the subscription already....... ah those bi monthly updates that were promised with AOTI :( worthwhile???......... so putting a few ££ in to my account either through MSpoints or directly through sega, that will allow me to make MY weapon that little bit better, then yeah thats fine. would i sell it if it was not account bound? no i wouldnt, like i said that is MY weapon.

Buying from player shops is a pretty common thing lol. Expecially on the 360 server where there are so many good items in shops. Sadly with the PC/PS2 you basically had to make / trade for everything if you wanted top of the line gear.

darthplagis
Jan 27, 2010, 06:50 PM
Buying from player shops is a pretty common thing lol. Expecially on the 360 server where there are so many good items in shops. Sadly with the PC/PS2 you basically had to make / trade for everything if you wanted top of the line gear.

thats my point, im on 360 and its always been the same, i suppose because of the mass playerbase being american, capitalism is most players motivation so fair enough, but those of us who play to play the game, if i want a weapon or item i go hunt it.... it takes a while but you do feel kind of proud to know that weapon took the time to find, usually with friends (probably stems from pso days). on the back end of that say the weapon you hunted for comes out with a low %, with GC you can make it better and you wont trade it as it took the time and effort to make.

i have weapons from way back that my friends gave me to get me levelled up again (i was banned for grinder glitching back in the day LOL), they are not really usable at the level my guys are on but they are there, most of which i had a hand in finding on my other account anyway :) (like tengoug bows or deljagnus, or even those legendary katsuno-zashi made from boards found while in seabed S2 :)) those will not be sold/traded or fed to any PM!!!

zandra117
Jan 27, 2010, 07:41 PM
Microsoft does not allow Cash Shop systems on Xbox Live. That is the main reason why the xbox360 version of Mabinogi was canceled. Current financial transactions on Xbox Live are one time only, you buy it and keep it. With Cash Shops you would buy something and then use it up and then buy it again. Microsoft just does not want Cash Shops on their network.

darthplagis
Jan 27, 2010, 08:24 PM
Microsoft does not allow Cash Shop systems on Xbox Live. That is the main reason why the xbox360 version of Mabinogi was canceled. Current financial transactions on Xbox Live are one time only, you buy it and keep it. With Cash Shops you would buy something and then use it up and then buy it again. Microsoft just does not want Cash Shops on their network.

then wouldnt making any modified items 'bind to account' override the microsoft concerns, as you have the bonus applied (be it grinds elements or full weapons) and it is locked to your account, the only way to delete is to delete your player

Professor Xavier
Jan 27, 2010, 08:32 PM

Yes it does effect us!! You want to buy a good Axe or something. You have a choice to pay to upgrade your current Axe with real $$$. Or you could buy a 42% 8/10 BildeAxe. So you choose the GC way. I loose a sale of an in game item. Which does effect me. And on the link below for GC in Japan it directly states ((hereafter, GC) enhance the value of certain items) So there from the horses mouth it does have an effect on everything. I say if your willling to loose 50-70% of the 360 population. Then go ahead and do GC. Also if that many people quit, it will flood the market wit more junk than you can stand. The S+10 dupe glitch was bad enough. The game will be ruined if they do GC!!

LInk below

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/update/option/upgrade/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/%253Fmode%253Dview%2526id%253D906%26hl%3Den%26sa%3 DG&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhha0rP4fRFJ1RxlfaeJplgKFsOAKA

Red Ring
Jan 27, 2010, 08:47 PM
ive bought a few ubers with money on psobb before. ruined the game just as much as when i cheated to get the items before they patched it. there are people who make tons of money buying and selling items with real money. ive done it for a few months and raised quite a bit of money. one of the many reasons i no longer enjoy mmos but this was always going on since the first mmos existed. once you get into such garbage its no longer about the game but the money. you guys are sick and will contribute to the death of your game. cheaters paying money to feel good is what its all about. might as well go play a third person shooter than cheat all day to feel good about yourself.

the joke that is starcraft II is going o offer and allow people to sell mods and maps to the public. starcraft aint so cool anymore when you see what's happening to it. i assure you that game will fall into a shit hole and so will this game. starcraft ii is all hype based on a popular game and with garbage like this and recycled gameplay a lot of people are going to wonder wtf they are doing with their life when they start buying maps and playing a 3d version of a game they played 10 years ago with a little more content.

DragonStriker
Jan 27, 2010, 09:01 PM
thats my point, im on 360 and its always been the same, i suppose because of the mass playerbase being american, capitalism is most players motivation so fair enough, but those of us who play to play the game, if i want a weapon or item i go hunt it.... it takes a while but you do feel kind of proud to know that weapon took the time to find, usually with friends (probably stems from pso days). on the back end of that say the weapon you hunted for comes out with a low %, with GC you can make it better and you wont trade it as it took the time and effort to make.

i have weapons from way back that my friends gave me to get me levelled up again (i was banned for grinder glitching back in the day LOL), they are not really usable at the level my guys are on but they are there, most of which i had a hand in finding on my other account anyway :) (like tengoug bows or deljagnus, or even those legendary katsuno-zashi made from boards found while in seabed S2 :)) those will not be sold/traded or fed to any PM!!!

I feel just as proud when I find something that I don't use and sell it and then get something I will use. You can't synth your way to the top sadly it's just not very likely or possible. Try synthing 50%s of every element of every type and then try grinding them all and see how long that takes you.

Keilyn
Jan 27, 2010, 09:09 PM
Yes it does effect us!! You want to buy a good Axe or something. You have a choice to pay to upgrade your current Axe with real $$$. Or you could buy a 42% 8/10 BildeAxe. So you choose the GC way. I loose a sale of an in game item. Which does effect me. And on the link below for GC in Japan it directly states ((hereafter, GC) enhance the value of certain items) So there from the horses mouth it does have an effect on everything. I say if your willling to loose 50-70% of the 360 population. Then go ahead and do GC. Also if that many people quit, it will flood the market wit more junk than you can stand. The S+10 dupe glitch was bad anough. The game will be ruined if they do GC!!

LInk below

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/update/option/upgrade/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/%253Fmode%253Dview%2526id%253D906%26hl%3Den%26sa%3 DG&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhha0rP4fRFJ1RxlfaeJplgKFsOAKA

Microsoft says: "You can't have GC in our network"
SoJ says: "ok, we won't update your game...Have a nice day!"
Community says: "HAIL MS!!! For not allowing GC to exist!
Newb says: "I'll play a different game, since almost everyone is ahead of me...Forget PSU" and cancels
SoA says: "We can't get updated, we are closing down the servers....But look on the bright side, something is coming"

^_^

Red Ring
Jan 27, 2010, 09:12 PM
Microsoft says: "You can't have GC in our network"
SoJ says: "ok, we won't update your game...Have a nice day!"
Community says: "HAIL MS!!! For not allowing GC to exist!
Newb says: "I'll play a different game, since almost everyone is ahead of me...Forget PSU" and cancels
SoA says: "We can't get updated, we are closing down the servers....But look on the bright side, something is coming"

^_^

Micro transaction games are the future! Paying for everything in the game is awesome! Live for the game! I'm better than you because I have a job and play less! We play a PvE game and yet somehow my e-weener still matters! Take my money, mega corporations!

Professor Xavier
Jan 27, 2010, 09:22 PM
Micro transaction games are the future! Paying for everything in the game is awesome! Live for the game! I'm better than you because I have a job and play less! We play a PvE game and yet somehow my e-weener still matters! Take my money, mega corporations!

Aren't you good enough to get stuff on your own. I think there is something to be said for actually being good at playing video games!

DragonStriker
Jan 27, 2010, 09:23 PM
Hey guys I'm going to just give my next pay check to SEGA so that way they'll update the game. I'm pretty sure if Microsoft said they wouldn't allow GC SEGA wouldn't just stop updating PSU. Or I could be wrong with the whole business cycle but if I remember correctly it goes a little something like this......

People pay money = We Profit = We continue to have them pay money

Red Ring
Jan 27, 2010, 09:27 PM
Aren't you good enough to get stuff on your own. I think there is something to be said for actually being good at playing video games!

i remember one time some Fo in PSOBB called me a loser cause she saw all the ubers i was running around with. i was like lol i bought all this stuff. real skilled traders in games always look for the best ways of trading. it always leads to COLD HARD REAL WORLD CASH. micro transactions in games are going to show any newb the true way of trading and our secret will be ruined forever. every newb will be paypaling instead of exchanging items! NOOOOOOOOOO! And although I played the crap out of PSOBB like a real loser. I never found any ubers. it was all from trading up, hacking, or buying with money. MMOs... Sad but true...

Professor Xavier
Jan 27, 2010, 10:14 PM
i remember one time some Fo in PSOBB called me a loser cause she saw all the ubers i was running around with. i was like lol i bought all this stuff. real skilled traders in games always look for the best ways of trading. it always leads to COLD HARD REAL WORLD CASH. micro transactions in games are going to show any newb the true way of trading and our secret will be ruined forever. every newb will be paypaling instead of exchanging items! NOOOOOOOOOO! And although I played the crap out of PSOBB like a real loser. I never found any ubers. it was all from trading up, hacking, or buying with money. MMOs... Sad but true...

Like I thought you are bad at video games!

I wonder if you pay people to be your friend as well?

BanF
Jan 27, 2010, 10:14 PM
With around two years of life left for PSU, you can bet your Blue Screens of Death that M$ is not going to allow a cash shop without taking a hefty percentage of the profits. In other words, it ain't gonna happen.

Volcompat321
Jan 27, 2010, 10:18 PM

That's horrible.
You're bad at games, huh?

Professor Xavier
Jan 27, 2010, 10:20 PM
With around two years of life left for PSU, you can bet your Blue Screens of Death that M$ is not going to allow a cash shop without taking a hefty percentage of the profits. In other words, it ain't gonna happen.

Agreed! Besides I know a lot of people who only play PSU. If they do GC. All those XBOX live memberships go byby Too. Microsoft would loose. I dont think their that dumb. They might not make software without bugs. But they do have more business sense then that!

DragonStriker
Jan 27, 2010, 10:21 PM

People like you are the kind of people who are constantly banned off games or even mocked by the entire community to the point where they cry every night and since they have absolutely no social skills they use those tears for lubrication when they undoubtedly abuse themselves. Then when the dust has settled their response is "hahaha I don't care" or "you are all just losers" when in fact they themselves are the ones wishing people would pay attention to them.

Keilyn
Jan 27, 2010, 10:27 PM
Well....

The other point is that it convinces the people who do not have jobs to actually go out and get jobs to use the GC system and not sit at home all day and night for weeks playing and doing nothing with their lives. (NO, Im not saying that everyone who plays does not have a job)

In the end it all amounts to time.

Do you want to spend 500 - 1000 hours getting a set of something, hunting and repeating things over and over again, or pay $15 and being smart to get a Rainbow set of S grade armors to 40%?

A person can talk about spending 500 hours to make an in-game accomplishment. Doesn't change the fact you blew 500 hours for a goal in-game than trying a goal in the real world. Paying $15 and meeting a goal in 5 minutes to reach to the point you can "Just Play" and not be so caught up in game goals.

Volcompat321
Jan 27, 2010, 10:32 PM
For PSU, the hunt and synthing gear is the game.
(well, along with playing with friends, and leveling up PA's).
Without the hunt, there is no fun.
Just my opinion.

DragonStriker
Jan 27, 2010, 10:37 PM
Well....

The other point is that it convinces the people who do not have jobs to actually go out and get jobs to use the GC system and not sit at home all day and night for weeks playing and doing nothing with their lives. (NO, Im not saying that everyone who plays does not have a job)

In the end it all amounts to time.

Do you want to spend 500 - 1000 hours getting a set of something, hunting and repeating things over and over again, or pay $15 and being smart to get a Rainbow set of S grade armors to 40%?

A person can talk about spending 500 hours to make an in-game accomplishment. Doesn't change the fact you blew 500 hours for a goal in-game than trying a goal in the real world. Paying $15 and meeting a goal in 5 minutes to reach to the point you can "Just Play" and not be so caught up in game goals.

Do you understand the point of a game like PSU? There's a reason they have %s and higher %s have a lower chance of coming out. It's a progressive game, if you don't like the kind of game then why the hell is anyone playing it? It's a freaking MMORPG if you don't think 500-1000 hours is something you would want to commit to finding something then the game genre isn't for you. Oh and LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA about the going to get jobs part. If you'll let me I'd like to use that as my new signature.

Powder Keg
Jan 27, 2010, 10:43 PM
No one should look at this past Sega just trying to sneak a quick buck.

Too bad it backfired...pffaahahahahaha!

But when it really comes down to GC on the 360, I just can't see it happening for many reasons. For one, the reaction in Japan was very unfavorable, and more importantly, Microsoft is a whole new monster to pass something like this through. The same company who even gives trouble to companies who want to pass along free content (although that's mostly been speculated).

Red Ring
Jan 27, 2010, 11:00 PM
People like you are the kind of people who are constantly banned off games or even mocked by the entire community to the point where they cry every night and since they have absolutely no social skills they use those tears for lubrication when they undoubtedly abuse themselves. Then when the dust has settled their response is "hahaha I don't care" or "you are all just losers" when in fact they themselves are the ones wishing people would pay attention to them.

i dont get banned if i spend a dime. i turn into a very respectable person if i have money on the line and im sure most people behave under those circumstances too but on a free server lol nah. but i fail to see how thats any worse than someone who makes friends and plays legit never going to the edge and back.either way i got everything with nobody helping me. thats true power.

DragonStriker
Jan 27, 2010, 11:05 PM
i dont get banned if i spend a dime. i turn into a very respectable person if i have money on the line and im sure most people behave under those circumstances too but on a free server lol nah. but i fail to see how thats any worse than someone who makes friends and plays legit never going to the edge and back.either way i got everything with nobody helping me. thats true power.

:00000000

Professor Xavier
Jan 27, 2010, 11:08 PM
The original design of PSU was not made for GC. It might be OK, If from the first day the game came out you could do it. It 's not a game I would want to buy or play. If SEGA wants to attract new players and make more money they need to keep who the have first. Then maybe sell another expansion pack or something. Everyone who gets it will get and equal chance at new items!

Or if they want to come up with a new MMORPG don't close the servers to PSU expecting everyone to come over and play because you took away their favorite toy!

We should want to play a new game for one reason only. Because it's good!

darthplagis
Jan 27, 2010, 11:13 PM
Yes it does effect us!! You want to buy a good Axe or something. You have a choice to pay to upgrade your current Axe with real $$$. Or you could buy a 42% 8/10 BildeAxe. So you choose the GC way. I loose a sale of an in game item. Which does effect me. And on the link below for GC in Japan it directly states ((hereafter, GC) enhance the value of certain items) So there from the horses mouth it does have an effect on everything. I say if your willling to loose 50-70% of the 360 population. Then go ahead and do GC. Also if that many people quit, it will flood the market wit more junk than you can stand. The S+10 dupe glitch was bad enough. The game will be ruined if they do GC!!

This is exactly what i am on about and why i am in favour of GC, if i want a good axe i WILL NOT BUY IT, i will hunt for it, however if GC existed over here i could just take one of my buti and boost it up at my expense.

why should a game based on co-op monster slaying and item gathering, be reduced to a 9-5 money making grind in order to feed the greed of another person who happened to luck out on a high % and/or grind. i play games to escape from the 9-5 money making shit we humans call life, i certainly dont want to spend my free time (ha free indeed) 'working'.

ps i wouldnt want a bil de axe either (ugly and naff since release), especially with the jabroga ata fix.

Red Ring
Jan 27, 2010, 11:16 PM
I don't approve of paying for expansions or buying digital items from the company. I would never play in that environment. PSOBB 3rd party did that and although it's an excuse to help keep the server up it's not. It's to milk you while providing worse service to the fans i assure you.

Powder Keg
Jan 27, 2010, 11:23 PM
Some people actually spend MS points on avatar clothing. I won't even try to understand it, but some people do it.

Professor Xavier
Jan 27, 2010, 11:38 PM
This is exactly what i am on about and why i am in favour of GC, if i want a good axe i WILL NOT BUY IT, i will hunt for it, however if GC existed over here i could just take one of my buti and boost it up at my expense.

why should a game based on co-op monster slaying and item gathering, be reduced to a 9-5 money making grind in order to feed the greed of another person who happened to luck out on a high % and/or grind. i play games to escape from the 9-5 money making shit we humans call life, i certainly dont want to spend my free time (ha free indeed) 'working'.

ps i wouldnt want a bil de axe either (ugly and naff since release), especially with the jabroga ata fix.

I am not saying its easy to get really good items. Sometimes it takes alot. But if you indroduce GC. More than half the population will quit. Thats a fact. I have not talked to one person in the game in favor of GC. Its not right to intoduce an unstable element into the game which it was not desiged for. If you invested the time and effort in playing the game the way it was made. You will get good items. Some characters don't get the best drops. Some get ingredients and some get the boards. If you do GC it changes the whole meaning of the game. Then theres no point in playing at all. Everyone plays the game for different reason. I know some players with characters lower than 100 who have account numbers since day 1. I know for a fact have they earned bought and sold stuff in the game only. They play to be rich in a virtual world. Its not right to ruin it for these players. We can nit pick this subject to death. The fact is GC will make a large number of people quit. It will change the game as we know it. I have yet to hear a single person say they will quit if they don't bring out GC. You choose we can ruin the game. Or we can preserve what we have. Its a case where you are out voted.

You choose!

Red Ring
Jan 27, 2010, 11:51 PM
I am not saying its easy to get really good items. Sometimes it takes alot. But if you indroduce GC. More than half the population will quit. Thats a fact. I have not talked to one person in the game in favor of GC. Its not right to intoduce an unstable element into the game which it was not desiged for. If you invested the time and effort in playing the game the way it was made. You will get good items. Some characters don't get the best drops. Some get ingredients and some get the boards. If you do GC it changes the whole meaning of the game. Then theres no point in playing at all. Everyone plays the game for different reason. I know some players with characters lower than 100 who have account numbers since day 1. I know for a fact have they earned bought and sold stuff in the game only. They play to be rich in a virtual world. Its not right to ruin it for these players. We can nit pick this subject to death. The fact is GC will make a large number of people quit. It will change the game as we know it. I have yet to hear a single person say they will quit if they don't bring out GC. You choose we can ruin the game. Or we can preserve what we have. Its a case where you are out voted.

You choose!

I'd like to point out that this isn't just some futile nerd threat that people will eventually come to accept making his opinion void. This is the real deal. Even morons wont accept such blatant micro transaction scams. Games haven't evolved in years so by showing more and more that it's only about taking your money while you screw around in their glorified 3d chat room will be the last straw even to people who don't think it's a big deal now. This will lose all respect such games pretend to still have.

Professor Xavier
Jan 28, 2010, 12:03 AM
I'd like to point out that this isn't just some futile nerd threat that people will eventually come to accept making his opinion void. This is the real deal. Even morons wont accept such blatant micro transaction scams. Games haven't evolved in years so by showing more and more that it's only about taking your money while you screw around in their glorified 3d chat room will be the last straw even to people who don't think it's a big deal now. This will lose all respect such games pretend to still have.

We are talking about PSU here. Not some future game I may or may not want to play. My opinion is as the opinion of the majority. If you don't like what the rest of us think. Why don't you just go play that future game you speak about. Where everyone there can't play games but they can sure look cool not doing it!

Whoo!

Keilyn
Jan 28, 2010, 12:03 AM
Do you understand the point of a game like PSU? There's a reason they have %s and higher %s have a lower chance of coming out. It's a progressive game, if you don't like the kind of game then why the hell is anyone playing it? It's a freaking MMORPG if you don't think 500-1000 hours is something you would want to commit to finding something then the game genre isn't for you. Oh and LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA about the going to get jobs part. If you'll let me I'd like to use that as my new signature.

The point of a game is to have fun and enjoy the entertainment value it brings.

t's a freaking MMORPG

*smiles* You really consider this to be a MMORPG? A game where on A-Ranked equipment you can Solo about any map in the game at any difficulty and you hardly need a party? Not to mention an Instanced Game where the most who can play together are 6 players and the maximum amount of people possible per universe is so small?...

Not to mention the fact that in a little over 2 weeks I can start from scratch and raise a character to maximum level.....Don't make me laugh ^_^

What PSU is quite different and its why I play it. It is an Action-Oriented Game with an RPG interface.

It's a progressive game

So is every other game in every genre on the face of the planet. The more time you spend, the better you get at the game. You start with nothing and in the end have more to show for it.

Four characters capped on PC/PS2 with about almost every goal accomplished for them in weapons and equipment. The one goal I will never accomplish in PC/PS2 is having a supp update and doing GAS...which I accomplished in Japan....Or seeing my four raised to 180.

Volcompat321
Jan 28, 2010, 12:09 AM
The point of a game is to have fun and enjoy the entertainment value it brings.

Not to mention the fact that in a little over 2 weeks I can start from scratch and raise a character to maximum level.....Don't make me laugh ^_^

I hope you don't mean in PSU JP, because there's an event right now.

It takes people months to get to the cap in PSU without an event. (obviously less or more, depending on how much one plays).

I think you're a little ignorant in this situation.

Whether or not PSU is a crappy or fun game, it's still an MMORPG.
A small one maybe, but still one.

Red Ring
Jan 28, 2010, 12:25 AM
the word progressive is so over used these days. it's what they do to games instead of add depth or a learning curve. its so they can spoon feed you locked content that you dont have access to until they say you do. what this leads to is a dumbed down game with more and more content rather than a game with any real depth out of the box. since psu is an action rpg just about every game that comes out these days is going to be more and more like it. the only difference is psu and other ps games have more rare goodies to obsess over.

Keilyn
Jan 28, 2010, 12:37 AM
I hope you don't mean in PSU JP, because there's an event right now.

It takes people months to get to the cap in PSU without an event. (obviously less or more, depending on how much one plays).

I think you're a little ignorant in this situation.

Whether or not PSU is a crappy or fun game, it's still an MMORPG.
A small one maybe, but still one.

I do mean PSU-Japan. You are smart if you play on event EXP, and since Japanese Culture is a workaholic culture.....people are smart enough to play the majority during events.

You won't find many EXP events in true MMOs. In PC/PS2...It took me 6 months to Cap four characters to 160 (where the level cap before 170)....Play a real MMO and you will find yourself spending 3 - 9 months to cap one character and 3 - 9 months to get top equipment for that one character.

Define to me the "massive" part about the action of PSU? Maybe I will understand if someone explains it to me a little better. I was used to running in Risk Your Life and Lineage 2 with 40 - 80+ Players together on the field, at the same time fighting groups of 50 - 100 players....Now that is massive....and it was common place too.

Not even ArenaNet who made Guild Wars considers their game to be an MMORPG. They call themselves a CORPG, even though their subscriber base is around 6 million now.

Also you don't see PSU being a point and click game where you dont control the character directly like most true MMOs are.

darthplagis
Jan 28, 2010, 12:50 AM
the word progressive is so over used these days. it's what they do to games instead of add depth or a learning curve. its so they can spoon feed you locked content that you dont have access to until they say you do. what this leads to is a dumbed down game with more and more content rather than a game with any real depth out of the box. since psu is an action rpg just about every game that comes out these days is going to be more and more like it. the only difference is psu and other ps games have more rare goodies to obsess over.

while i agree with you on the action rpg element, sadly psu does not have as many weapon options as pso, or probably ps0 for that matter simply because of the differing game mechanics.

their used to be wands and rods that were useful in mele for example, and claws that boosted your lower tier spells, rods that boosted upper tier.

all in all pso was way stronger in lasting playability simply through its basic mechanic: section id's and beat timed drops.

look stop whining that you are going to loose out cause your 42% 8/10 shit wont sell any more. its about time the game went back to being a game and not a damn buisness.

and to the guy who has the opinion of the masses, opinions are like arseholes everyone has one and they all stink! if you have the opinion of the masses thats a pretty big arsehole :) and ps white beast is not psu.

Red Ring
Jan 28, 2010, 12:51 AM
i always considered phantasy star online/universe games to be action oriented dungeon crawlers which is pretty badass because it can almost replace both fps and mmorpg. the best of both worlds. they need ot work on their endgame content. get repetitive once you get all the weapons and levels done.

Volcompat321
Jan 28, 2010, 12:59 AM
:oooooooooooooooooo
:wacko:

I'm going to ask this in the nicest way possible. (This will be very rude, and I'm almost sorry).
Are you mentally handicapped?

I will not even explain what YOU just wrote, because I fear you wont get it.

XbikXBd
Jan 28, 2010, 02:21 AM
I'm going to ask this in the nicest way possible. (This will be very rude, and I'm almost sorry).
Are you mentally handicapped?

I will not even explain what YOU just wrote, because I fear you wont get it.

Sadly he is right wtf did you mean to say i think psu was and is revived buy gc and GAM becusae it gives people who endgame something to do now we all cant be like someone and get a 180 in two weeks of spaming(sorry in advance) but some of us play for the fun of it not who ever got better stuff or higher lv its fun not who has the bigest Psycho wand conversation.

Volcompat321
Jan 28, 2010, 02:24 AM
Sadly he is right wtf did you mean to say i think psu was and is revived buy gc and GAM becusae it gives people who endgame something to do now we all cant be like someone and get a 180 in two weeks of spaming(sorry in advance) but some of us play for the fun of it not who ever got better stuff or higher lv its fun not who has the bigest Psycho wand conversation.

I agree. It is just a fun thing.
I haven't been about the level and good gear for a while, and definitely not on the JP PSU.
(Which I will be playing again, soon! lol:D).

GC never bothered me, really, and I'm always about playing GC missions! :p

XbikXBd
Jan 28, 2010, 02:25 AM
I agree. It is just a fun thing.
I haven't been about the level and good gear for a while, and definitely not on the JP PSU.
(Which I will be playing again, soon! lol:D).

TY XD someone gets it lol hope to see you on soon tho sadface.

Volcompat321
Jan 28, 2010, 02:27 AM
TY XD someone gets it lol hope to see you on soon tho sadface.

Yea, if my laptop wasn't a piece of garbage, I'd be playing allll the time. :D

SuKKrl
Jan 28, 2010, 02:30 AM
Play a real MMO and you will find yourself spending 3 - 9 months to cap one character and 3 - 9 months to get top equipment for that one character.

Define to me the "massive" part about the action of PSU? Maybe I will understand if someone explains it to me a little better. I was used to running in Risk Your Life and Lineage 2 with 40 - 80+ Players together on the field, at the same time fighting groups of 50 - 100 players....Now that is massive....and it was common place too.

Just taking a dip here. 3-9 months to cap? only on most Korean mmo's and rare exceptions and I don't really think that they're the only real mmo's, but whatever...

There isn't a number to define "massiveness" so, for me, it is based on what a person thinks, and this gives game developers some liberty to call their games massive.

About Guardian Cash, I did expect to see more dedicated players angry about this. I'm not 100% sure what to make of it (and also I don't play PSU on 360) but I can't see it as the future destroyer of PSU but I do also get the feeling that it might be a money grabber for SEGA.

First of all, PSU is already fading, unfortunately. I just hope this process goes really slowly. Also, I believe many players are not really dedicated to the game, but they play when they can / want (like pso, I find that psu is really flexible about the time you can spend on it without feeling outdated or having people mad at you for being away), this doesn't mean that they're not interested in having good gear, so I can see a positive use for it. There are many ups and downs on this one.

What I really wonder is if MS will let it be applied to the 360. I wouldn't be very hopeful about that...

stinkyfish97
Jan 28, 2010, 02:49 AM
really I wish they would make this account bound, like once you upgrade the weapon that weapon becomes account bound and cannot be sold in player shops, even if it is 0-9. I mean that will keep the players who play this around because it will not ruin the market exatly, i mean it will hurt it some because it will put a ceiling on how much messeta you are willing to pay. Because you can do an average of how long it will take you to actually get that weapon to the desired grind you want and how much you pay per month. so it will do that but personally i do not think it ruins the integrety of the game to do it that way, so long as the weapon becomes account bound i mean, it will possibly even drive up the prices of some weapons, making them even more rare. How is that? because people will be looking for really good percents and rare items to upgrade therefore if it is rare enough it will be worth a lot.

Professor Xavier
Jan 28, 2010, 06:34 AM
Just taking a dip here. 3-9 months to cap? only on most Korean mmo's and rare exceptions and I don't really think that they're the only real mmo's, but whatever...

There isn't a number to define "massiveness" so, for me, it is based on what a person thinks, and this gives game developers some liberty to call their games massive.

About Guardian Cash, I did expect to see more dedicated players angry about this. I'm not 100% sure what to make of it (and also I don't play PSU on 360) but I can't see it as the future destroyer of PSU but I do also get the feeling that it might be a money grabber for SEGA.

First of all, PSU is already fading, unfortunately. I just hope this process goes really slowly. Also, I believe many players are not really dedicated to the game, but they play when they can / want (like pso, I find that psu is really flexible about the time you can spend on it without feeling outdated or having people mad at you for being away), this doesn't mean that they're not interested in having good gear, so I can see a positive use for it. There are many ups and downs on this one.

What I really wonder is if MS will let it be applied to the 360. I wouldn't be very hopeful about that...

I can speak for all of the players in PSU 360 players who don't want this to happen. You will have one heck of a fight on your hands if SEGA try's GC on 360. It was not originally designed for GC. It is totally wrong to do it. The Japan servers lost half of their population due to GC. If you do GC it will only be a question of who has the biggest pocket book. If you have the most money you will have all the best items and weapons. You did not earn them in the game! You will get no respect from any true PSU players. And I will be glad to kick you from my party and blacklist you for being a GC player. Which is my right. It would be simple for me really. I would never be booted. I would only play with friends who do the same or only play as party leader. You would get a warning in the comments not to join our party. And I promise you I will find a way to never patronize those who use guardians cash. If I have to play with all 0/10 10* weapons neutral element. Then I will do so. You will get no respect from me!

Besides if you want GC just go play on the JP servers. Good luck learning Japanese!

DuRaL
Jan 28, 2010, 07:15 AM
i'll invite you to my first GC Mission if you want ;P

personally, i don't care so much about GC.. it's a stupid idea from Sega, but i can live with it. there are better reasons to quit the game in my opinion ^_~
but i also won't respect players who boost their weapons via GC, just like i couldn't respect players who dupe/cheat/hack their weapons on PSO. GC is a lot like cheating in a way, just a bit more expensive ;P

darthplagis
Jan 28, 2010, 07:21 AM
I can speak for all of the players in PSU 360 players who don't want this to happen. You will have one heck of a fight on your hands if SEGA try's GC on 360. It was not originally designed for GC. It is totally wrong to do it. The Japan servers lost half of their population due to GC. If you do GC it will only be a question of who has the biggest pocket book. If you have the most money you will have all the best items and weapons. You did not earn them in the game! You will get no respect from any true PSU players. And I will be glad to kick you from my party and blacklist you for being a GC player. Which is my right. It would be simple for me really. I would never be booted. I would only play with friends who do the same or only play as party leader. You would get a warning in the comments not to join our party. And I promise you I will find a way to never patronize those who use guardians cash. If I have to play with all 0/10 10* weapons neutral element. Then I will do so. You will get no respect from me!

Besides if you want GC just go play on the JP servers. Good luck learning Japanese!

you speak for the psu 360 community eh? well i can safly say you dont speak for me or any of my friends who ive played with for a loooooooooooong time.

you dont need to worry, as most people who would use GC as intended wouldnt see you anyway, cos' they dont spam white beast all day :)

what you mention about the difference between 'world' money and meseta, ok look.... alot of people who PSU on the 360 are actually past puberty and tend to have a life outside of PSU (i know this is true as i have played since firebreak and spoke to and made friends with quite a few).
what difference is there between say you spending however long spamming WB for a stack cash so you can buy all of the shit people are selling in their shops, that you think you need cos' "uber rarz are uber".
and the flipside a person who works 40+ hours a week coming home finding a cool weapon and making it better for him/her to use with their hard earned cash?

just admit you are bawwing cos' you dont want to have to face your shop not making money because people will stop buying the weapons, lets face it the true rare weapons (sng, inferno's back in the day) dont/didnt get sold, and if they do its for ridiculous meseta.

and one last thing, the elitists will not be bothered anyway as you would only be to boost up to 40% with 8 grinds, so there would still be market for genuine 40% + and high grind.

also one last question prof x, do you play psu for respect? really? respect is not a factor in an online game of any sort. it is a fantasy, make believe world where you can go to kill furry creatures with foaming mouths and deadly fangs....... and trade pron if u go to uni 1 4th floor LOL

Red Ring
Jan 28, 2010, 09:46 AM
Only a moron would buy stat boosters from sega when they could paypal the money to some kid and buy whatever rare in the game they wanted. guarantee 25 bucks would persuade just about any kid to hand over some of his best gear let alone 100 bucks. He'd go buy something stupid with it like modern warfare 2 and you'd be sitting with some stupid rare and have no reason to play the game anymore. why even play in the first place? from first hand experience i cant rationalize why anyone who buys content would stick around. its why such things are banned from games like world of warcraft. it kills the game. subscription fees are more than enough to keep any deserving company's MMO strong and prosperous. DOn't throw money at a game thats on the verge of shutting down thinking it will do anything good for the game or your hard work in the game.

theres no way to rationalize being so stupid as to start paying for digital content. simply retarded. might as well go play gears of war instead of buying things since youre that unhappy with what you got. if anything companies will start decreasing their drop rates in the future to milk more people into spending more money.

You're a cheating nub if you buy anything to get ahead in the game. i should know i am one. have fun turning your virtual game into a business of making money by buying low and selling high. fools.

SuKKrl
Jan 28, 2010, 10:17 AM

Seems like I didn't put it clearly enough. I'm not favorable or unfavorable towards GC. I absolutely NEVER said hey I want to use my money in GC or something like that. If some day I do, it will be following my own opinion on it.

Darthplagis post was very close to what I think about that matter.

I find it sad to see such extreme elitism here. Seems like some players can only look to their belly and their group. Come on, if you were the only ones paying the servers would have died long ago. What you do with people using GC playing with you is your problem, but feeling offended by it... seems childish. If you're so mad about it, set an objective to get something better than they can easily get, it won't be easy, but I guess to be elitist you must do / get things which weren't easy to accomplish.

About Red Ring's post, I never bought anything like map packs and those updates to games that are becoming commonplace now. I can't see real value on it, but say a guy loves a game and decides to try it, why is he a moron for that? You and I may not be able to see any value on it but if somebody sees it why is he wrong to buy it (I do think there are some ridiculous cases especially with namco and capcom games, especially capcom).

if anything companies will start decreasing their drop rates in the future to milk more people into spending more money..

100% agree. Its worrying.

Red Ring
Jan 28, 2010, 10:31 AM
Not that it matters but since I'm such an elitist myself i tend to harass and get into contact with game developers that i like through events and such and talk with them about games and most of them hate MMOs because of this stuff i talk about now. Innocent people who don't see their games at such a mature level as how to sell to stupid gamers don't see the way the industry is going and how we're all becoming sinners to satisfy our own greed. MMOs although fun at a under developed person's level are quite disgusting to grown adults who understand why they are popular. All it is is a bunch of people trying to fulfill goals in their life and competing with each other for dominance in a fake environment. It's quite disgusting. Buying digital content like map packs, booster packs, expansions, etc in all honesty is always stupid. the first game does what the developers set out to do. anything else prolongs the experience and is no longer needed no matter how much better it makes the game. a single experience from several games should burn you out not make you come back. Its playing on your desires staring into a box on your tv stand or computer stand for hours mentally climaxing over finding rares and leveling up. its a disease of the mind but usually in such low moderation makes people unaware of these facts of why games like mmos sell so well. most mmo players only play for a few months. the weird ones play forever until they are shut down. its a lack of intelligence like human cattle. this is philosophical jargon meaning people enjoy it so to point it out is pointless but it allows you to see where the future is going. im not saying the biggest extremes will happen even though some games actually sell the rare weapons for real world cash. but things like this should awaken you to the stupidity of buying content pretty quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-TYCXnAaZU

Professor Xavier
Jan 28, 2010, 02:36 PM
you speak for the psu 360 community eh? well i can safly say you dont speak for me or any of my friends who ive played with for a loooooooooooong time.

you dont need to worry, as most people who would use GC as intended wouldnt see you anyway, cos' they dont spam white beast all day :)

what you mention about the difference between 'world' money and meseta, ok look.... alot of people who PSU on the 360 are actually past puberty and tend to have a life outside of PSU (i know this is true as i have played since firebreak and spoke to and made friends with quite a few).
what difference is there between say you spending however long spamming WB for a stack cash so you can buy all of the shit people are selling in their shops, that you think you need cos' "uber rarz are uber".
and the flipside a person who works 40+ hours a week coming home finding a cool weapon and making it better for him/her to use with their hard earned cash?

just admit you are bawwing cos' you dont want to have to face your shop not making money because people will stop buying the weapons, lets face it the true rare weapons (sng, inferno's back in the day) dont/didnt get sold, and if they do its for ridiculous meseta.

and one last thing, the elitists will not be bothered anyway as you would only be to boost up to 40% with 8 grinds, so there would still be market for genuine 40% + and high grind.

also one last question prof x, do you play psu for respect? really? respect is not a factor in an online game of any sort. it is a fantasy, make believe world where you can go to kill furry creatures with foaming mouths and deadly fangs....... and trade pron if u go to uni 1 4th floor LOL

You need to read my post. In the exact words. I never said I speak for the 360 community. My exact words (I can speak for all of the players in PSU 360 players who don't want this to happen.) Anyone else reading this would understand this does not mean I am speaking for anyone but those players who oppose guardians cash!

I also never mentioned anything about white beast or Uber rares. You need to read the post and quote the proper person. Half of what you are spouting on about I never said. The other part is a misquote! Besides that you know nothing about me or my palette. And you would never call me an elitist. You should get to know someone before you judge them that way. My concern here and now is GC would ruin this game. Most of the players in the game will follow the JP example and quit. I do believe their population was five times what ours ever was. That's if I have heard correctly 250,000 people out of 500,000. If you still want GC and want to risk at least 50% of 360 players quitting then you are just selfish. I always say go ahead and do GC. Watch the life of the game go by by. I don't care to play with players who only want to play a few hours per week. Then they want everyone to go oooo and aaaaah over them for buying or upgrading a few weapons with real world cash. You can have fun getting on with you bad selves. You don't want to earn any respect and earn it for yourself. Selfish people don't belong in my parties!!

Whoo!

DragonStriker
Jan 28, 2010, 02:56 PM
I find it sad to see such extreme elitism here. Seems like some players can only look to their belly and their group. Come on, if you were the only ones paying the servers would have died long ago. What you do with people using GC playing with you is your problem, but feeling offended by it... seems childish. If you're so mad about it, set an objective to get something better than they can easily get, it won't be easy, but I guess to be elitist you must do / get things which weren't easy to accomplish.

Stop using the term "elitist" it really doesn't apply here and it's an overused idiotic term expecially for this topic and this game in general. You have the right to your opinion as does everyone else in this topic but there was no reason to spew that stupidity all over this forum. This forum already over uses a term which NEVER applies to anyone on this forum or on either servers. If you don't believe me just search the term and you'll see some of the most ridiculous topics and posts known to this forum.

Red Ring
Jan 28, 2010, 03:21 PM
Stop using the term "elitist" it really doesn't apply here and it's an overused idiotic term expecially for this topic and this game in general. You have the right to your opinion as does everyone else in this topic but there was no reason to spew that stupidity all over this forum. This forum already over uses a term which NEVER applies to anyone on this forum or on either servers. If you don't believe me just search the term and you'll see some of the most ridiculous topics and posts known to this forum.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the grounds that the word overused has now also been overused.

Dealbreaker
Jan 28, 2010, 04:11 PM
None of this really matters.. The fact that the ps2/pc are going down all but screams doom for the 360 version.

We have maybe this the end of this year. It might not even last that long.

With that in mind we will never even see GC. They would need to work something out of M$ and we all know how much of a pain that would be. On top of that this game is so lost in the sea of other better games making any more money added worthless.

Sega is just going to cut its loses and end PSU for good in anywhere other then Japan.

If you really want to use GC then head over to the JP PSU and have fun :)

Max B
Jan 28, 2010, 04:16 PM
Ehh I have no problem with Guardians Cash.. I say bring it on sega

HyperShot-X-
Jan 28, 2010, 04:28 PM
So they got 2 options to do this:
1. Release the Supple. update + GC contents in one Add-on DLC with one time payment with MS points(no further microtransactions). Then slowly unlock GC contents every update or so.
OR

2. Release the Supple. update add-on DLC for free on Live market place, and then implement GC system later just like Guardians License on Live market place that can be purchased with credit/debit card.
In spite of what everyone else thinks, I think it's possible to purchase GC points on Live market place before logging onto PSU and then in-game microtransactions are done on Sega's server side with those GC points purchased offline. If GC pts are all used up then just log off to dashboard market place, purchase more GC pts, and log back on.

I just don't see why there has to be so much complication with the whole thing. Personally I don't care which way they go, enough with the speculations, just do it.

Keilyn
Jan 28, 2010, 11:49 PM
Only a moron would buy stat boosters from sega when they could paypal the money to some kid and buy whatever rare in the game they wanted. guarantee 25 bucks would persuade just about any kid to hand over some of his best gear let alone 100 bucks. He'd go buy something stupid with it like modern warfare 2 and you'd be sitting with some stupid rare and have no reason to play the game anymore. why even play in the first place? from first hand experience i cant rationalize why anyone who buys content would stick around. its why such things are banned from games like world of warcraft. it kills the game. subscription fees are more than enough to keep any deserving company's MMO strong and prosperous. DOn't throw money at a game thats on the verge of shutting down thinking it will do anything good for the game or your hard work in the game.

theres no way to rationalize being so stupid as to start paying for digital content. simply retarded. might as well go play gears of war instead of buying things since youre that unhappy with what you got. if anything companies will start decreasing their drop rates in the future to milk more people into spending more money.

You're a cheating nub if you buy anything to get ahead in the game. i should know i am one. have fun turning your virtual game into a business of making money by buying low and selling high. fools.

Definition of Cheating in the Legal System is very clear. I will leave you guys to look it up:

If I use Guardians Cash, it is a service that one pays directly to the first party company, established by the first party, who owns the game and has all the rights to the game I am playing.

Whether one uses the service in moderation or becomes dependent upon is irrelevant in such case. By the definition of the law and contract law, a single use makes you a user.

You can bitch, whine, complain and label me and everyone who uses the system in any negative way you so desire, but the bottom line is...

There is no EULA violation, nor does a breach of contract exists between a GC user and Sega.

In short, legally it is not cheating and there is nothing you can do about it.

All people are doing is committing harassment and discrimination against people who use (or don't use) the system. Before you look down on others, take a look at yourself. Accusing another of cheating based on personal beliefs and not legal claims is one of the easiest ways to get banned yourself from a game.

I also make the point that Guardians Cash Weapons and Costumes are items that did not ship originally with the game which are added through updates and the choice is left up to each player if they wish to use the system or not.

DragonStriker
Jan 29, 2010, 12:09 AM
Definition of Cheating in the Legal System is very clear. I will leave you guys to look it up:

If I use Guardians Cash, it is a service that one pays directly to the first party company, established by the first party, who owns the game and has all the rights to the game I am playing.

Whether one uses the service in moderation or becomes dependent upon is irrelevant in such case. By the definition of the law and contract law, a single use makes you a user.

You can bitch, whine, complain and label me and everyone who uses the system in any negative way you so desire, but the bottom line is...

There is no EULA violation, nor does a breach of contract exists between a GC user and Sega.

All people are doing is committing harassment and discrimination against people who use (or don't use) the system. Before you look down on others, take a look at yourself. Accusing another of cheating based on personal beliefs and not legal claims is one of the easiest ways to get banned yourself from a game.

I also make the point that Guardians Cash Weapons and Costumes are items that did not ship originally with the game which are added through updates and the choice is left up to each player if they wish to use the system or not.

Oh my god, it's like you can't stop spewing this garbage.

Professor Xavier
Jan 29, 2010, 06:20 AM

This is my chance to speak on something I have been thinking about for a while now. We are playing a game online. Most RPG's have a thief/evil mode. And many variations of good evil and in-between. In PSU it's just Guardians which is supposed to be all good. You have some people who like how you play the game. I know some who only play a few hours per week. While other play more in 1 week than the person who plays a few hours might take a month or more to play as much. We all have wants desires and needs. We all wish to act them out in an MMO action RPG. You see this is the part SEGA cannot do for us. Its something that has been done a little bit people making cool story battle video movies for Youtube or whatever. There is so much more to be done the way we play the game. The fun we make for ourselves with fashion shows to name a good one.

This good VS bad, me vs you, glitcher, scammer, exploiter, freeloader, begger, hero, merchant, good citizen, friend or foe. The game is something different for everyone. If you are a exploiter or a scammer. You may look down on a hero. If you are a hero you look down on a scammer. There are scammer groups who get off on looking at the person who gives away stuff for friendship as being a sucker.

This is what makes PSU so much fun. The spammer you have to blacklist for spamming. But then you take them off you blacklist a few minutes later when you remember a couple of years ago you were desperate for meseta yourself. You just don't want to be annoyed. Some manipulate market prices. Others make 50% weapons much more often than others. the game is something different for everyone. We each of us in our own way play for our own reasons. I am not completely against the GC idea. But for myself and many others GC does change the game as we know it. Denying this fact just asks for a fight. The fact that half the population will quit over it to me is just not acceptable. Saying things like just do it. Or its not worth getting mad over is not fair. You have to convince everyone its OK. At the very least you need to try to convince them. Think about your case. Think you side and argument to death. Come up with a good concept. A new way of seeing it. If there is a chance for it to happen you have to come up with something positive that come from it. You are asking me from my point of view to give up my best friends. To me the things that make PSU what it is. The very best of what the game is. I love PSU the way it is now. If I am going to give that up with GC. Not the GC itself. But the players who are quitting. If I were to say to you today that I could play at lvl 300 with all the 20* rares with lvl 100 PAs. Oh and by the way I am the only one in the game who can do this. Would you think that is fair. For a lot of players in the game we had to work very hard to get what we have. I know its hard to get good items. If you want help I can help you. Many many ways to get good items. I can tell you how much fun it is to play in a party where you have friends who will give you an Uber rare you really want. It could be that 50 million meseta item you really want. Or you give it to them if its what they want. I do play with some players who don't care about those big items. They just want to play for fun and would do anything for friendship. The game is something different for everyone. I not against GC. To me its just not worth the price of half the population leaving. Knowing this! We need to come up with a compromise. Its obvious half of us want this. The rest will quit over it. I am one who will wait to see what happens. Its worth the effort to come up with a way to apply GC without loosing everyone. If you look at PSU SEGA has in the past listened to us. They have made in game changes to PSU because of our feed back. The Moon Atomizer X is just one example. It used to be a red item. People would pitch a fit and boot you for picking it up. They made it a non red item. The boss box booting thing. There's just another example of how they changed it to make it better. They have fixed glitches as they should. We are behind content of JP servers. But a lot of players in the game have left because of the community. All we do is complain about this game on the forums. Its not perfect. But how do we repay SEGA for fixing things and making them better for us. Changing the game to what we want. Which I can tell you its not cheap. These things they did not have to do. How many people came back to the game and played when SEGA fixed some of the reasons you quit in the first place? How many of us tried to tell our friends to come back its better now. Some of us have done this. But its easy to forget we have a role to play too. When we go so negative about PSU all people want to do is run away. We live in an economy that does not allow SEGA the luxury of giving us all the content when the JP servers get it. Yes SEGA has a lot of work to do as far a public relations. Especially when its comes to being honest about our game and updates. Even if they cannot tell us certain things. They need to learn to focus our attention on what they have done for us. If we want this game to last and grow. We have to stop attacking it on the forums all the time. We love this game. This is not the place to attack each other. SEGAC is not good for PSU. It might make you feel good. But your not going to change anyones mind at SEGA to make things better or come out with the digital copy for PSU which could add a couple of years to the life of PSU. I am as guilty as anyone for going negative. That's why I am posting this. Asking everyone to try to be kind to each other. If we are to ever grow our community we have to take the lead Show SEGA we care and the game will prosper with a postitive community. The next time I see a scammer or begger. Maybe instead of black listing them. Maybe I will induldge their whim. I will play scam the scammer and we both have more fun because of it.

PSU forever baby!!

Overlord Chan
Jan 29, 2010, 06:23 AM
That is quite a bit of text.

Professor Xavier
Jan 29, 2010, 06:31 AM
Yes it is! I wont start again. Except to say it all has been on my mind for a long time. I just could not come up with the words!

Arika
Jan 29, 2010, 06:41 AM
One of the longest post I have seen in awhile.. (although I don't really read them <,< sorry)

Professor Xavier
Jan 29, 2010, 06:47 AM
One of the longest post I have seen in awhile.. (although I don't really read them <,< sorry)

I don't read long posts like this much myself. But it feels really good to have it out of me and on the forums. Whether anyone reads it or not. Thanks for looking!

SuKKrl
Jan 29, 2010, 07:23 AM
Stop using the term "elitist" it really doesn't apply here and it's an overused idiotic term expecially for this topic and this game in general.

Just give me a term to use in its place and I will gladily use it, because I've played quite a number of mmo's and it has always been called elitism.

This good VS bad, me vs you, glitcher, scammer, exploiter, freeloader, begger, hero, merchant, good citizen, friend or foe. The game is something different for everyone. If you are a exploiter or a scammer. You may look down on a hero. If you are a hero you look down on a scammer. There are scammer groups who get off on looking at the person who gives away stuff for friendship as being a sucker.

I agree with you there.

I am not completely against the GC idea. But for myself and many others GC does change the game as we know it.

I really found this post of yours to be very different than the last one. I can see your point about GC. I think you went a bit too far with your cheating example though. :-P