PDA

View Full Version : PC Why is Gurhal haunted?

Cranberry
Jan 28, 2010, 12:12 PM
Okay I've been wondering this for a while. I've never found any in-game explanation for it. In fact the NPC's seem to ignore it entirely.

Why is every major city in Gurhal haunted? Everywhere I go I find ghosts that vanish as I get close. Are these like the spirits of people that were killed by the SEED or something?

I don't know if I missed a big story piece or what, but for as long as I can remember, Gurhal has been haunted by seemingly hundreds (thousands?) of ghosts.

Any explanation as to why?

Gibdozer
Jan 28, 2010, 12:18 PM
The spiritual echoes of guardians who have canceled their license.

Sinikal
Jan 28, 2010, 12:30 PM

LOL! :-P

I think it just makes people feel like there not alone is all. Gotta get the full mmo experience even with low player base ;)

Red Ring
Jan 28, 2010, 12:40 PM
Attempt at trying to justify the monthly fee for a game at the same level as diablo, guild wars, and psodc.

SuperRygar
Jan 28, 2010, 12:47 PM
Yea, its just to give the appearance of a crowd. I like that feature actually, it does give the lobby a busy feeling.

Its ironic that the PC server is a ghost town with ACTUAL ghosts walking around xD

Danny_Dark
Jan 28, 2010, 12:53 PM

H...Help...I'm Trapped In The Afterlife...

Cranberry
Jan 28, 2010, 12:57 PM
That is very irronic now that you mention it. A ghost town inhabited by real ghosts.

But I think I get it now, it's meant to give the impression of a lot of people around.

Delete
Jan 29, 2010, 08:40 AM
It's because they couldn't afford decent enough graphics. I think it's called something like Draw Distance or something.

Volcompat321
Jan 29, 2010, 09:49 AM
The reason they vanish is to ease the load on the processor. On the PC version, they don't fade. IIRC, you can go right up to them.

I've never been able to run up to em. :o

Well, maybe, but I don't think so.
I tried a lot. :p

yumpoptart
Jan 30, 2010, 01:22 AM
I've only ever played it on PC and I can confirm for you that they disappear when you walk up to them as well, or even when you don't walk up to them.