PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG SHINY Pokemon!!

EK Dynomite
Jan 31, 2010, 03:29 PM
I just found a shiny treecko on my sapphire, took me only 12 hours of resets =)

I'm just wondering if any of you found some shinies?

HeartBreak301
Jan 31, 2010, 04:04 PM
I hatched a shiny Munchlax, I named him Chowder. :D

Tetsaru
Jan 31, 2010, 04:33 PM
I remember catching a shiny Caterpie waaaaay back on my Gold version when I got to the forest area and barely had any of the in-depth Pokemon knowledge that I do now. It was weird because I had played all the way through my Silver version first and never encountered a shiny Pokemon, other than the Red Gyarados, of course.

Xefi
Jan 31, 2010, 04:51 PM
FKL...:hamster:

AlexCraig
Jan 31, 2010, 05:13 PM
Oddly enough, I just caught a shiny Hippowdon in my Pearl not half an hour ago. Third legit shiny I ever found in this game.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 31, 2010, 08:57 PM

You need to remember to add that "non-playing time" to how much time you have played/wasted next time you tally up your 100+ hour game lists.

& this whole topic is like, they took "holographic 1st edition Charizard" over the top stuff and put it in the games?!

Foil lenticular large profit margins.

TalHex
Jan 31, 2010, 10:12 PM

Why?

Why would you do that to yourself?

EK Dynomite
Jan 31, 2010, 10:32 PM
Why?

Why would you do that to yourself?

It's not bad. It's not the only thing i did for 12 hours.

I either talked to my friends or my gf.

Plus, it takes some people months to have it. I just got lucky :-D

TalHex
Jan 31, 2010, 10:36 PM
no... i meant why... as in all that loading wears down the system and eventually causes it to break at a much faster rate then normal. Why would you do that?

EK Dynomite
Jan 31, 2010, 10:41 PM
no... i meant why... as in all that loading wears down the system and eventually causes it to break at a much faster rate then normal. Why would you do that?
well, im going to SR for shiny rayquaza (or kyogre) then theyre getting transferred to platinum. But the game card won't wear down

Maybe...

TalHex
Jan 31, 2010, 10:43 PM
it's not the game card i would worry about, but the system. I don't know... maybe it won't have the problem... but the gamecube would break from piping, and this is basically the same thing...

Alnet
Jan 31, 2010, 10:57 PM
Once, I was fiddling around in Pokemon Gold to pass the time, even after I'd finalized my LV100 team, after finding Tyranitar. I think I was hanging out in that Silver Caves area, and a shiny Rapidash showed up. It was like purplish or grayish. My initial response was to throw the Game Boy in the air out of pure shock.

AlexCraig
Jan 31, 2010, 11:06 PM
I found a shiny machop a few months back. Since Machoke is my favorite, I'm gonna send it over to SS when that comes out and have it from the start.

EK Dynomite
Jan 31, 2010, 11:39 PM
I found a shiny machop a few months back. Since Machoke is my favorite, I'm gonna send it over to SS when that comes out and have it from the start.

if machocke is your favorite...dont trade it lol it will evolve

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 31, 2010, 11:40 PM
Evolve and keep its shiny suit, man?!

(Diddy, Puff :: MA$E would be jealous)

Vanzazikon
Feb 1, 2010, 03:48 AM
if machocke is your favorite...dont trade it lol it will evolveNo, Machokes are allergic to trade centers and mutates causing him to sprout two extra arms whilst trading.

AlexCraig
Feb 1, 2010, 04:05 AM
if machocke is your favorite...dont trade it lol it will evolve

If I wanted a Machamp, I'd get a second Machoke.

Randomness
Feb 1, 2010, 08:44 AM
You can cancel trade-evolution, can't you?

HeartBreak301
Feb 1, 2010, 10:59 AM
Just have it hold an everstone, no evolution ever.

TalHex
Feb 1, 2010, 11:17 AM
or i think you can just press 'B'

Paralys
Feb 1, 2010, 01:13 PM
D: I've had terrible luck with shinies, i've only found like 2 ever since I've started playing poke'mon (r/b/y). Also, completely off topic, but your sig is awesome TalHex, one of my favorite stones songs ever.

TalHex
Feb 1, 2010, 01:30 PM
Why thank you, I put all of five minutes in to it xD

I've found: a shiny unknown, a shiny pichu, and a shiny geodude

Ketchup345
Feb 1, 2010, 01:50 PM
but the gamecube would break from piping, and this is basically the same thing...Assuming you are playing on a DS/Gameboy, I think any wear would take significantly longer than the GC. The big difference is that the GC when piping has moving parts to access data (disc spinning, laser moving), which the Gameboy/DS doesn't have.

TalHex
Feb 1, 2010, 02:04 PM
ah I see... still sitting there and continually reseting the game doesn't sound like too good of an idea to me...

HeartBreak301
Feb 1, 2010, 02:43 PM
There's always gamesharks for impatient people. I'd like to get my hands on one for the sake of gettign that shiny Charizard I was never able to hatch. Believe me, after hatching 300+ Charmanders, you don't really want to do it anymore.

TalHex
Feb 1, 2010, 03:06 PM
There's always gamesharks for impatient people. I'd like to get my hands on one for the sake of gettign that shiny Charizard I was never able to hatch. Believe me, after hatching 300+ Charmanders, you don't really want to do it anymore.

*totally didn't try the same thing with lucario*

HeartBreak301
Feb 1, 2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I tried it with Lucario too, whatever city that daycare is in now has about 400 level 1 Riolus running around the woods.

TalHex
Feb 1, 2010, 03:10 PM
doesn't help that I refuse to cheat to get one either...

EK Dynomite
Feb 1, 2010, 09:50 PM
im currently hunting a shiny rayquaza. Wish me luck! :D

AlexCraig
Feb 2, 2010, 01:49 AM
Only pokemon I ever AR'd shiny was a Ponyta I gave my sister. While I could get anything shiny, it feels cooler to me finding them legitimately. Same goes for legendaries that are nigh impossible to find. Got myself a Faraway Island Mew.

Vanzazikon
Feb 2, 2010, 04:10 AM
http://gfvspokemon.ytmnd.com/

EK Dynomite
Feb 2, 2010, 08:18 AM
http://gfvspokemon.ytmnd.com/
He deserved it. He should paid attention to his girlfriend.

Volcompat321
Feb 2, 2010, 09:06 AM
Agreed. :o

Also, I never caught me a shiny.
Are the shiny pokemon only in the newer games, or in the red, blue, and yellow ones too?
Cause those are the only ones I've played.
GB Color ftw.

Vanzazikon
Feb 2, 2010, 01:00 PM
What? Shiny pidgey mang, a fuckin shiny pidgey! Who cares about a cat, you don't break a DS when there's a shiny pidgey!

HeartBreak301
Feb 2, 2010, 01:02 PM
Shiny Starly... its just another shade of brown...

Nitro Vordex
Feb 2, 2010, 02:44 PM
He deserved it. He should paid attention to his girlfriend.
I think if his girlfriend was a shiny, he'd actually bother listening to her.

HeartBreak301
Feb 2, 2010, 03:01 PM
Should I find where he lives and send him some glitter?

-Crokar-
Feb 2, 2010, 03:55 PM
only time i ever got a shiny was on a sapphire emulator and it was a blue koffing

AlexCraig
Feb 2, 2010, 04:24 PM
Agreed. :o

Also, I never caught me a shiny.
Are the shiny pokemon only in the newer games, or in the red, blue, and yellow ones too?
Cause those are the only ones I've played.
GB Color ftw.

They've been in pokemon since 2nd Gen (Gold/Silver/Crystal). Get with the times, yo.

-Crokar-
Feb 2, 2010, 05:21 PM
who else has already pre ordered the new ones?

AlexCraig
Feb 2, 2010, 05:37 PM
I preordered mine, my mom's, and my sister's. My brother can preorder his own.

EK Dynomite
Feb 2, 2010, 05:44 PM
who else has already pre ordered the new ones?meh!!!:-)

TalHex
Feb 2, 2010, 08:50 PM
going to do so tomorrow, i was suppose to last saturday... but the store was closed due to snow and ice

Volcompat321
Feb 2, 2010, 09:28 PM
They've been in pokemon since 2nd Gen (Gold/Silver/Crystal). Get with the times, yo.

Haha, well, I didn't like games as a kid.
I......hated games.. :o

I might. I do have a DSi now! :p
Plus, I need something to keep me occupied til Golden Sun 3 comes out.

meh!!!:-)

We should kill eachothers Pokemon!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 2, 2010, 10:43 PM
Haha, well, I didn't like games as a kid.
I......hated games.. :o

They take your lunch money then beat you up.

Good times.

Karnov, with your "BRRGHF SFX" and chicken wing arm motion that shoots fire out your face. Nightmare causing forever.

Alnet
Feb 2, 2010, 11:58 PM
Considering it, seeing as friends want to start up a competitive group like how we did with the Yugioh card game. But then they also want me to go to this anime convention in Boston in April, and they want all of us to dress up.

Their indirect demands for my money have exploded in the 6 months. :wacko:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 3, 2010, 12:07 AM
Considering it, seeing as friends want to start up a competitive group like how we did with the Yugioh card game. But then they also want me to go to this anime convention in Boston in April, and they want all of us to dress up.

Their indirect demands for my money have exploded in the 6 months. :wacko:
Sounds like you may be able to borrow 6mths of money or moving help later on, cash in an IOU. Friends are only there to borrow money!

Alnet
Feb 3, 2010, 12:13 AM
Sounds like you may be able to borrow 6mths of money or moving help later on, cash in an IOU. Friends are only there to borrow money!
I suppose I could invest it in an electronics company and have them build me a giant robot. Then I could just hold the whole world for ransom and not have to worry?
If I have a giant robot, that also means I don't necessarily have to pay them back.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 3, 2010, 12:42 AM
Your robot could also dress up for cosplay in your absence.

And even work @ events, like the JP robot clerkbots.
[spoiler-box]
http://pinktentacle.com/images/irex2009_5.jpg

but nobody should be able to defeat SLAMMAN abs @ ping pong. So cocky he will wear sunglasses while he plays.

http://pinktentacle.com/images/irex2009_10.jpg

http://pinktentacle.com/2009/11/photos-international-robot-exhibition-2009/
[/spoiler-box]

Alnet
Feb 3, 2010, 12:54 AM
Your robot could also dress up for cosplay in your absence.

And even work @ events, like the JP robot clerkbots.
[spoiler-box]
http://pinktentacle.com/images/irex2009_5.jpg

but nobody should be able to defeat SLAMMAN abs @ ping pong. So cocky he will wear sunglasses while he plays.

http://pinktentacle.com/images/irex2009_10.jpg

http://pinktentacle.com/2009/11/photos-international-robot-exhibition-2009/
[/spoiler-box]
I'd think they'd notice. The time of my wearing-sunglasses-at-all-times-including-at-night-or-in-the-shower was in 2005. To see me wearing glasses these days would be a big tip-off. It even started a short phenomenon where everyone else started doing it too until administration started cracking down. The one time I was a trendsetter.

However, having a robot working inside for me will kill my admission price. And if I could program it to just make me a costume, then that would be even easier.

Plus, it takes less time to just take an existing robot and program it. To build a giant robot would take more time than I have to the event.

... yeah, that's getting way off topic, though, lol. In an attempt to desperately say something pertinent, I'll just point out that even if I am playing one of the new games, I will have no idea what to do. I haven't played Pokemon since regular Gold, so there's probably something like 300 Pokemon I don't even know the names of, let alone their MOVEs.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 3, 2010, 01:04 AM
More robots in Pokeyman.

Robots that can only say their own names? Not bad huh?

(might be selling the intelligence robots short though, even "HALT I AM REPTAR & THORG WANT EAT")

I haven't played Pokemon since regular Gold, so there's probably something like 300 Pokemon I don't even know the names of, let alone their MOVEs.
Its too late.

Time to start summoning Personas and talk about why Thor is a badass still but shaped so womanly, then he's in that wrestler thong/underwear thing. Really noticeable in that SMT(3?) Nocturne. He smacks your high school buddy with a hammer, turns and walks away like the man, flipping his cape, and then sends him to jail.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/otakufreak907/Persona%204%20Pesonae/Thor.png

[spoiler-box]
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/otakufreak907/Persona%204%20Pesonae/Belphegor.png
Pokeyman does not have this
[/spoiler-box]

TalHex
Feb 3, 2010, 01:06 AM
Pokemon form Replicators *shudders*

*waits for somebody to get the reference*

Yoyoenix91
Feb 6, 2010, 01:27 AM
I caught my first shiny Pokemon in Fire Red, on one of the Sevii Islands. It was a shiny Spearow, which is now a magnificient Fearow. I also own a Shiny Espeon named 'Carbuncle', which I love dearly as well, and a shiny Togekiss. Both of those are froms trades, however. ^_^;

Evicous
Feb 6, 2010, 06:21 PM
More robots in Pokeyman.

Robots that can only say their own names? Not bad huh?

(might be selling the intelligence robots short though, even "HALT I AM REPTAR & THORG WANT EAT")
Priceless. That goes in my signature right now.

On topic: With the coming remakes of HG and SS the value of a shiny Gyarados in a trade will drop like an anvil. I'm glad I never hunted for one.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 8, 2010, 08:34 PM
That might make your sig over the limit my man.

I'd much rather someone put the toilet demon Persona in their sig, after sufficient editing to fit 180 x 600 pixels.