PDA

View Full Version : Message to Recruiters.....

Keilyn
Feb 2, 2010, 02:45 AM
Stop harassing and putting fear into players who think and believe they should try the Japanese versions. I logged into PC/PS2 servers for the last few days and as soon as I mentioned I was in PSU-Japan, 360 recruiters were on top of me...spewing out lies and resorting to fear tactics on players...

Most of the crap that came out of their mouth were blatant lies to begin with.

You people mentioned of a language barrier which no one can get through...

Fact: Most menus use english words spelled in Katakana like Sword, Spear, Axe...etc except for the mission names.

2) A certain asshole made a claim that I was dreaming about an importers group and it was my way of "trying to STEAL people from PC/PS2"

Here is a screenshot:

http://www.smashmybrain.com/screenshots/r1.jpg

I can get two - three other groups of six if I wanted to when they come on...So its not like these are the only people. There are people in these forums who play the JPN version who will tell you that while a majority are Japanese, its not all Japanese.

I chose this shot not just because everyone here is an importer, but everyone there is a friend. So its not just a "group of importers" playing...to me they are friends too...who have crossed over. Mai is the smart one....skipping pc/ps2 and 360 and going straight to psu-jpn years ago was gutsy and brave.

Lets just say the importers are doing alright. Most I've spoken to have said among the lines that while its harder to talk to Japanese people because they don't know enough Japanese...they are happy in PSU-JPN.

My advice to people on PC/PS2

If you love PSU and you are about to lose the servers....think for yourself what you want to do. You can move on to another PSU, wait for another Phantasy Star Game, Play Singleplayer or move on completely to another game.

If you enjoy the game enough to pay for a second copy, account and to start over, then go for it....

The attitude I've seen from recruiters on PC/PS2 has been atrocious. Finally, a message to the recruiters who are recruiting for PSU-JPN...

Please don't say "You should play psu-jpn, because xbox version is shit" lines...I've seen enough of that....there is a lot more information you can use like the fact psu-jpn is the current game and has been fully patched compared to the others.

"Enough of the come to X because Y is shit" lines...

Red Ring
Feb 2, 2010, 02:53 AM
If I were to play PSU I'd def go for PSU PC on JP server for the more content and longer lasting support.

Powder Keg
Feb 2, 2010, 03:40 AM
Don't you realize you're just doing the exact same thing? "Mai is the smart one" Yeah, that's not a smug attitude.

Here's a room full of people who care:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1253/1008718655_103d413a98.jpg

ashley50
Feb 2, 2010, 03:46 AM
Is this really necessary? :l

and lmao on the Pic.

Volcompat321
Feb 2, 2010, 06:06 AM
There is one person that cares.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/50e0080d.png

DragonStriker
Feb 2, 2010, 06:30 AM
There are plenty of idiots who are trying to get people to play both servers. And I can assure you there are overexagerated things being said about the 360 server aswell as the Japanese but making an idiotic topic like this doesn't do anything. Whatever "recruiters" you met were merely idiots and you sir are being just as idiotic by making this topic.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 2, 2010, 06:52 AM
You should play psu-jpn, because xbox version is shit

DuRaL
Feb 2, 2010, 07:27 AM
to me it seems you want people to move to JP PSU, because you need someone to play with xD

anyway, if i was a PC/PS2 player who has a 360 already, i'd probably move to the 360 version. If i had no 360 but can speak japanese, i'd move to JP PSU. And if i had no 360 and didn't speak japanese, i'd just play other games. PSU is not soooooooo good to spend so much cash on a 360 or to play on a server where you obviously aren't welcome as a gaijin..
heck, even if there as a private server, i wouldn't want to play there, cause i wouldn't want to invest all the time to start over again..

of course, this is only my opinion.. but i think it holds some truth for many PC/PS2 players ;P

Volcompat321
Feb 2, 2010, 07:37 AM
to me it seems you want people to move to JP PSU, because you need someone to play with xD

anyway, if i was a PC/PS2 player who has a 360 already, i'd probably move to the 360 version. If i had no 360 but can speak japanese, i'd move to JP PSU. And if i had no 360 and didn't speak japanese, i'd just play other games. PSU is not soooooooo good to spend so much cash on a 360 or to play on a server where you obviously aren't welcome as a gaijin..
heck, even if there as a private server, i wouldn't want to play there, cause i wouldn't want to invest all the time to start over again..

of course, this is only my opinion.. but i think it holds some truth for many PC/PS2 players ;P

People are definitely welcome there.
Whether it be by Japanese players, or other importers is not the case.

From what I've seen over there, Japanese people aren't so much unwelcoming, but they just don't "notice" you.
If you don't talk to them, they wont talk to you, from my experiences.

Since I don't know how to speak Japanese, I just do my own thing.
There are plenty of English players there that welcome, and HELP people out as much as they can.
People have even spent cash on me, by taking me on GC missions! (Thanks XbikXBd, Vectorman, and more!)

DuRaL
Feb 2, 2010, 07:42 AM
with not being welcome on the server, i meant Sega and probably the majority of the japanese playerbase don't want gaijin to play there.. otherwise the servers would've been linked with ours..

Volcompat321
Feb 2, 2010, 08:07 AM
Well, I don't believe that for a second.
I think mainly the reason their server isn't with ours is because of the regions, not because they didn't want US/Eu players there.
It's easier to have 1 set of language for menus, items and whatnot.
If there were US/Eu, or any other country, players there would need to be different language packs.
Plus, importing from Japan would make the game lag due to being far away, wouldn't it?
(Though, for some reason, the JP game plays 100% better on my laptop than the US game. Maybe that's just in my head).

If anything, we non-Jp players are less welcome from the players, not SEGA.
Making money, whether it be from Americans, Europeans, Brazilians, or anywhere else in the world, is money they want.
No company out there would refuse service from so many people.

But, a little bit of contradiction here, like I said in the last post, the JP players that I've interacted with weren't very unwelcoming at all.
I said "Hello" and they responded with "Hello", but when I tried further talking to them, they said they don't understand much English.

Which is not "GTFO English!".

Tianna
Feb 2, 2010, 08:11 AM
All I ever do is ask friends to join the jp servers. If they say no, so be it. All I can do is speak from experience, I like it over there and the fact that I don't own an Xbox and am not going to buy one helps. For the ones interested, it is nice there and I haven't went once without someone to run with. For those of you not interested why should you care?

desturel
Feb 2, 2010, 08:46 AM
with not being welcome on the server, i meant Sega and probably the majority of the japanese playerbase don't want gaijin to play there.. otherwise the servers would've been linked with ours..

The majority of them don't really care. The same way a majority of us don't care if Japanese players play on the 360. I don't recall ever booting someone from the party because they couldn't speak english. It's not like you have to coordinate efforts in order to beat a level in this game. So lack of verbal communication doesn't affect you 90% of the time (statistics made up as usual).

It might cause a problem if I'm trying to time attack, or doing a new partner mission for the first time where no one else knows the map (i.e. Security Breach), but that's about it.

DuRaL
Feb 2, 2010, 09:30 AM
If anything, we non-Jp players are less welcome from the players, not SEGA.
Making money, whether it be from Americans, Europeans, Brazilians, or anywhere else in the world, is money they want.
No company out there would refuse service from so many people.
i see your point there. however, i've heared Capcom for example bans non-japanese players from Monter Hunter Frontier. I believe Sega might do that, too, but.. it's Sega, they're lazy ;P

So your argument with the language makes more sense to me. Yet, i believe that the real reason why the servers were seperated is Sega's experience with PSO. They probably wanted to prevent American hackers from destroying the game for their japanese playerbase (which is their core playerbase after all). They seperated the servers in PSOBB for the same reason..

EDIT: Connection/Lag can't be the reason, otherwise the Europeans would have their own server, too. Furthermore, PSO on DC and Gamcube used to have servers for each territory, yet they were connected worldwide..

But, a little bit of contradiction here, like I said in the last post, the JP players that I've interacted with weren't very unwelcoming at all.
I said "Hello" and they responded with "Hello", but when I tried further talking to them, they said they don't understand much English.

Which is not "GTFO English!".
Ok, but don't forget that japanese people are always friendly to guests. They smile friendly at you while thinking "what an idiot..". Their culture tells them to act like that ~_~
However, i've only had good experience with japanese players myself (except of JPonly teams on PSO), so i'll just take back the "not welcome on the server" part of my previous post, and we all be friends, ok? xD

my other argument remains, namely that moving to the japanese servers is only worth it for people who desperately love PSU and don't have a 360 or for people who can speak at least a little bit japanese.

Volcompat321
Feb 2, 2010, 09:42 AM
The whole Capcom thing can be explained like this-

Since the Wii is region locked, American/European players of MH Tri, have to hack their Wii to play.
Which is illegal, but oh so awesome.

The lag thing, okay, maybe you're right. What I heard was only a rumor to begin with, and it's only that.

SEGA wouldn't ban the US/Eu players because the PC is not region locked for any reason.
It's perfectly legal, and legit to play on a PC.
They make money off the people that pay monthly, no matter where you're from.
Japanese people may be nice up front due to culture, but it's not always that they hate players that are not Japanese.
Remember, we're talking about individual people, they make their own choices.
In fact, it would be somewhat prejudice to say all or most Japanese people don't like the English players.
I doubt any of us have met all or most of the Japanese players.

There are Japanese hackers too.
Take the PSP for example.
Most games come out in Japan earlier than the United States, and much earlier for Europe.
Japanese PSP players make codes for PSP, and the US/Eu players pretty much just translate/convert the code for each region.
They get the item, health, money, and whatever else hex codes from the Japanese hackers.
(note: there are also those people that import the games in Japanese, but they aren't always hacking first).
:p

DuRaL
Feb 2, 2010, 09:49 AM
with Monster Hunter, i didn't mean the Wii version. I was talking about the PC version of Monster Hunter (which is only out in Japan, and maybe some other parts of Asia)

and i agree that there are japanese hackers, too.
but in my whole time on PSO, i've only run into 2 japanese hackers that FSODed (harmed) other players. And i used to play on the japanese servers a LOT (word-select was very helpful here).
all other harmful hackers/cheaters i ran into were either Americans or Europeans, even when they had a "J" tag next to their names =/

Volcompat321
Feb 2, 2010, 10:02 AM
Oooh, I see Monster Hunter Frontier, right. :p

I have no idea why they got banned. Maybe they were hacking? :o
Well, there's going to be people hacking and cheating no matter where you go, or what you play.
So no one can hold that against one single player base.

Cranberry
Feb 2, 2010, 11:07 AM
The whole Capcom thing can be explained like this-

Since the Wii is region locked, American/European players of MH Tri, have to hack their Wii to play.
Which is illegal, but oh so awesome.

Modding your console is most definitly NOT illegal. In fact, you could make a better argument that region locking is not legal. Region locking is done by companies soley as an attempt to make more money, it has nothing to do with legalities. There is no reason for any game or movie company to region lock their products other than to try and control the market.

Modding your console might void your warranty, but there is no law anywhere that says you can't do it.

If anything, region locking is nothing more than a form of discrimination.

Tek[+]Lok
Feb 2, 2010, 11:08 AM
oh wow lol thread

Volcompat321
Feb 2, 2010, 11:10 AM
Modding your console is most definitly NOT illegal. In fact, you could make a better argument that region locking is not legal. Region locking is done by companies soley as an attempt to make more money, it has nothing to do with legalities. There is no reason for any game or movie company to region lock their products other than to try and control the market.

Modding your console might void your warranty, but there is no law anywhere that says you can't do it.

If anything, region locking is nothing more than a form of discrimination.

Okay, maybe it's more like-

If you mod your Wii, you lose it's warranty, and if you do the things a modded console is modded for, (playing FREE burnt games, DVD player, and just about everything else) is illegal.

The only part of it that is not illegal is the use of homebrew, since it's user created, and is usually free.
Just like a PSP.
You "mod/hack" your PSP in order to play free games, and homebrew.
While the act of modding, or hacking is not illegal, 90% of the things you use the modded/hacked console for, is.

Cranberry
Feb 2, 2010, 11:20 AM
Pirating is illegal yes. If you mod your Wii (or any other system) so that it can play imported games, that's perfectly legal though.

Even making the Wii able to play legal DVD isn't illegal.

So just to clarify, I'm talking about playing imported games.

My Gamecube for example. I play PSO on the Gamecube; Japanese PSO+. I use a Free Loader disk to bypass the region protection. While not technically "modding" the Gamecube, it's still the same idea, and it's perfectly legal. So that's what I'm talking about when I say to mod a console. I'm talking about bypassing region protection.

I certainly don't condone pirating, and I very much dislike the Homebrew channel because they do use it for pirating.

Dragwind
Feb 2, 2010, 11:23 AM
This thread has gone far off track and it's point has been made. Case closed.