PDA

View Full Version : MAG+: How is everyone's feelings about it?

stinkyfish97
Feb 3, 2010, 08:09 AM
So who here thinks this event is a complete BUST so far!

Not to be mean, but I think a week is too long for this event, god 5 more weeks, thats 5 more weeks we miss out on updates, we wont see any updates until they close the PS2 servers in march I think.

For me this event is completly and utterly a bust. Lets face the facts we were screwed again. It seemed so promising an event, the area drops seemed like they would be awesome, the different NPC drops added a bit of intrigue, the whole new lottery and even the new items at the Trading Post.

Lets face the facts, No second form of Falz to fight, making for a very uninteresting climax to this mission, No red line boards or red lines as yet I have heard of dropping, no area drops for S2, No unlockable rewards to work towards, to tell you the truth I am not even seeing any boards dropping for the NPC, no muktengek, no mugunruk, no zagza, and as far as NPC weapons, kilik, rabitwand, DB+, neiclaw+ and twin, I have seen none of those even drop, I have seen rabbitwand in shops but the rest prices seemed to have gone up not down, and goldania has skyrocketed while melan fists went from 15 mil to just 500k!!!.

This event ranks dead last among all the events released thus far. I guess they were trying to compete with which event could they make suck most. Well they win at doing that this time. Complete and utter FAIL. I cant think of another event worse than this one thus far, at least the other ones introduced new content, this one introduced a new lottery. That is it, and they threw in the trading post 4th wave for what? to make up for a lackluster and crappy event. Im bored. Im moving on.

Now that I have vented some about my dissapointment with how the event is going, some good news, the lottery is pretty cool as well as the new items at the trading post and I did get a Chevalier edge from the lottery so not all is terrible but like I said, this event should have lasted 1 week 2 weeks tops with how crappy it is turning out thus far. I guess the best thing about the event is it brought back some older players and its pretty cool running with them again. :-)

Anyone else share my sentiment, perhaps you have a different take on the matter? To tell the truth I hate starting hate sega threads, and hearing whinning like I am doing now because I pretty much can sum it up for everyone, most people are fairly dissapointed and maybe I should have just left it at that. I dunno though maybe others feel this is the best event, I would call them liars or they may have been hiding under a rock for the other events.

ashley50
Feb 3, 2010, 10:46 AM
what else is new?

Hatrix
Feb 3, 2010, 10:46 AM
I doubt anyone thinks this event is the best man, I'm on pc/ps2 so it dont really matter to me much, and I would'nt doubt they made this even so long for the simple fact that for us this is the last update. without out it we really would'nt have a chance to get alot of people playing together in the same area. The only thing I really like about this event is the easy experience so I can cap my character, and some lotto items as you mentioned like Chevalier Edge so it may be easier to get some items you may not have had time to by conventional methods

Cranberry
Feb 3, 2010, 10:55 AM
I was just thinking that the other day. This is nothing more than a recycled event with a very small number of new items added in. It's sort of like giving a dog a treat, but denying him his supper.

Best part is the EXP and PA boosts. It helped me do my goal of getting Damfoie capped at level 40 (I don't qualify to become a Master Force so 50 is out).

Foie and Damfoie are both 40. This helps me live up to my nickname of fire mage.

Orosan
Feb 3, 2010, 11:32 AM
I haven't started playing it in S2 yet, but in S I've had someclear boxes item drops in the last room of Mag+. Got 2 Deva-zashi boards, 2 shura-hikens boards and a twin db saber(while fighting). Also got carriguric boards and blades along with all the other monsters drops including the bil de axe board an other special drops; and on Program DF+ got 6 of the 11 different clear boxes drops and most of special drops(Paradis are dropping like Tiger's undie's :) ). Sothe event it's dropping stuff. I think that the drop rates for S2 may be brutal just like PSO ver2 for DC. Just a theory.

DAMASCUS
Feb 3, 2010, 12:25 PM
I'd be more interested to know how the XBox folks feel about this event and especially those who weren't around for the first one.

When I play on the PC side were are all just killing time and keeping it light because we know whats coming :/

bupjo
Feb 3, 2010, 01:28 PM
(i'm on 360 PSU... 3yrs now)--you know we ask for updates/events then we bitch. maybe thats why sega don't give us regular updates like before. or maybe they are allowing all this time to make sure the next batch of events don't have bugs, which will cause them to compensate us if there is a rollback or whatever. don't really know... true sega has not always been good to us, but for me, it's just a video game. if people feel they are not getting what they pay for, why continue playing this game. i'm enjoying MAG+ for personal reasons.

Cranberry
Feb 3, 2010, 01:39 PM
I don't know Bupjo. Sega doesn't really seem to even be trying anymore.

Sure this is better than having no event at all, but it's just kind of sad when the best a multi-million dollar company can come up with is a recycled event for their new content, it's just kind of sad.

Put Hatrix and Ashley50 in a room alone together with a pencil and paper and those 2 could probably come up with a more interesting and feasible event in 15 minutes than this. Again, this is better than nothing, but it could have been so much more.

And for us PC and PS2 players, like another guy said, we're just making the most of our time now knowing what's going to happen. We care more about the EXP and PA boost than the event itself. But man I wish they'd at least give us something to work for. The ultimate reward would be "If you kill 65 million monsters we'll give you a patch to download your characters into offline mode!"

Yeah yeah I know it's wishful thinking. But a girl can dream.

desturel
Feb 3, 2010, 02:02 PM
Eh, the event is going about how I expected. I placed in the kill count leader board for both the first and second MAG so I was a bit burned out on it then. I've just been using this opportunity to level up some of the PAs that I've neglected to get to their max level (Kyuumeisei-shiki, Mayalee Hit, Mayalee Prisim, Mayalee Shot, and Twin Mayalee... do you sense a pattern there?)

The great thing about MAG+ is I'm not forced to run it non-stop on C rank every single day for at least four hours a day just to stay on the leader boards. (technically I wasn't forced to do it before either, but I'm just making a point). I've done about 10 MAG+ run in between leveling photon arts and I'm enjoying how laid back everything is for me now.

If you are sick of MAG+ already, take some time off. There's no kill count requirement and there's no reason you can't do other things. You say Goldania is too expensive now? Go over to Scared Planet A and farm some. You want a Zagza? Go to True Darkness. Yeah it sucks that Rabbitwand doesn't drop that often, but you'll get over it.

Powder Keg
Feb 3, 2010, 02:11 PM
I'm fine with it because I need to catch up having just switched to 360.

Otherwise, I'd stop complaining and play the Gifts From Beyond lottery and get some of those items, or just level PAs elsewhere.

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2010, 05:00 PM
For better or worse...it still counts as an event..

But, grading it...it probably gets a C or D in my book if I had to give it a letter grade. All Mag+ makes me think about is playing PSU-JP S2 run of Mag' or playing PSObb again.

I always felt that Mag did not capture the best parts of PSO in their maps..

I loved Forest 2 where one makes their way to the central area and fights tons in that room before the door leading to the dragon teleport. I loved the rainbow in the middle of Caves 2. Mines was grinder heaven there....and Ruins...I always enjoyed that very long corridor to the final room in Ruins 3 that has tons of enemies :(

Mag feels like a nostalgic newb version of PSO that does no justice to the original game itself.

Aeris the techer
Feb 3, 2010, 06:19 PM
It doesn't even make a good argument to try to compare his posts to others in this forum and expect them to have a better posting career. It's just not the case.

Cranberry
Feb 3, 2010, 06:22 PM
Aeris, what exactly are you talking about? Did you post in the wrong topic?

Ryno
Feb 3, 2010, 06:27 PM
just like my othet topic. i wish there was a kill rankings / kill cunt. right now im just laid back. becuase i am currently on the top 100.

Aeris the techer
Feb 3, 2010, 06:30 PM
I think so. However, I feel that SEGA of America has not changed in the past 2.5 years that I've been on this game and while i'm here I might as well say that people who complain are not getting anywhere. Just enjoy the game, make friends, make the game fun. One thing I always say is, stop depending on SEGA to provide your constant entertainment. Even world of Warcraft doesn't get Constant updates (it really doesn't). You need to find new things to do and make your own events. Otherwise you're just waisting your time in lobbies all day and you should do something constructive, like working for SEGA and improving their company since you complain so much...?

I like pie

Gunslinger-08
Feb 3, 2010, 06:50 PM
Meh, it is what it is. Personally, I would have liked for them to open a few old events for a couple weeks, then move to the next one. They could have started with Firebreak, then the 1Up Cup, and so on. The event would have been called "Memory Lane."

Ami
Feb 3, 2010, 07:03 PM
This is my first time playing online period. I'm not complaining. I'm happy that I have the opportunity to play at all (PS2/PC servers here). It's not as intimidating as I thought an event would be. And I am having fun running with people. I am making the use of leveling up my chara with it.

Plus playing in the areas gives me major nostalgia.

Professor Xavier
Feb 4, 2010, 12:47 AM
OK I play on the 360 version. But if I were on the PC/PS2 version I would be sad if the event were better. Heres why! If they had a uber great items dropped and grind/synth/3* luck boost for two weeks after. Personally I would be very sad to get all that and have it taken away. This is the last update we share with the PS/pc servers. The next event will not be on the heals of a server closer. I think its very bad the servers are closing at all. This event may actually may be nerfed because of this. Its not all bad though. There are leaderboards new items and we will have access to more content because of MAG+. Ill give SEGA a pass on MAG+ considering the server closer. But D- for closing them at all. Lets just wait a couple of weeks after MAG+ and see what the next update is. The Supp. update may be worth wating for!!

ZER0 DX
Feb 4, 2010, 12:54 AM
Honestly, I'm sick of running MAG already, I've only been doing it so I can hit the level cap and finish off leveling my last two classes, Gunmaster and Fighmaster. Sure all that effort will be gone soon, but I'll have at least some feeling of accomplishment then.

Raven5_1
Feb 4, 2010, 08:29 AM
i went online started a mag plus game and quit in 4 minutes, i just didn't have the heart to go through the grind knowing what's comming.

stinkyfish97
Feb 4, 2010, 08:36 AM
If anyone wants to run something else with me. Im down, although I need 1 more week. Ive been changing over from PT to FM and although I have a lot of axes and longswords, actually pretty good ones, I need to go and buy me up some Rucars and Doubles, and a few spears would be nice. I mean most everything I maxed on PT so its time for a change for me. I had about 700mil invested into PT, Ive regained about 200mil so far with another 300 mil up for sale in my shop.

Volcompat321
Feb 4, 2010, 08:59 AM
Stinky, you on Pc/Ps2 servers?
I'll do some runs if you want to get on now.

Redpaige13
Feb 4, 2010, 09:04 AM
To be honest, I'm very satisfied with it. Given it's my first, "real" event.

You know, they could of given us nothing. They really didn't have to give us this event, since the servers are going down so soon.

Experience boost, PA boost, and I've found so many rare items and enemies, I've shat myself happy with what they've given us. In this past week or so, I've experienced more in this game that I have in a whole month! And that month is how long I've been online for!

I've made a shit-ton of new friends, and I couldn't be happier.

But hey. To each their own, I suppose.

Will_Nonheim
Feb 4, 2010, 09:37 AM
I knew what to expect from this event, though I could really, REALLY have done without the kill counter reaching well past the middle of my screen. "Number of creatures defeated"... Take it out! It's distracting me!

But my girlfriend told me something I find quite true-- given we're on the PC/PS2 servers, I feel they could've added more rewards for our side. I mean, the game's ending for us. How about an epic boost to drops everywhere? You know, something like that. So in that sense, I feel gipped. Oh well. It's free now...

Ruru
Feb 4, 2010, 02:17 PM
Ehh, it's just the same old MAG with a higher level of "difficulty".
I'm not sure what people were expecting who had already played the first round of MAG.

As far as the area drops are concerned. I'll just label that as another "Whoops" from SoA.

The_Brimada
Feb 4, 2010, 03:07 PM
My chars are on death row so I don't see the point in me even attempting to play anymore. If it were a diff event I probably would play, but nah (unless friends ask me to come on)

SeanxFayt1993
Feb 4, 2010, 06:47 PM
It sucks :( on pc/ps2 anyway lol

Delete
Feb 5, 2010, 08:40 PM
To be honest, I'm very satisfied with it. Given it's my first, "real" event.

You know, they could of given us nothing. They really didn't have to give us this event, since the servers are going down so soon.

Experience boost, PA boost, and I've found so many rare items and enemies, I've shat myself happy with what they've given us. In this past week or so, I've experienced more in this game that I have in a whole month! And that month is how long I've been online for!

I've made a shit-ton of new friends, and I couldn't be happier.

But hey. To each their own, I suppose.

I wish the newer people like yourself and many others were around for the older events where you would of had a lot more fun I'm sure. Even the old MAG for the first time sucked, the Lightning Carnival Sucked (with the exception of the bonus mission/ good ideal there where enemies get tougher and tougher) but ya missed out on events like the 1UP CUP which was easily the best event the game ever received.

Raven5_1
Feb 5, 2010, 08:52 PM
I wish the newer people like yourself and many others were around for the older events where you would of had a lot more fun I'm sure. Even the old MAG for the first time sucked, the Lightning Carnival Sucked (with the exception of the bonus mission/ good ideal there where enemies get tougher and tougher) but ya missed out on events like the 1UP CUP which was easily the best event the game ever received.

i have to second this,1up was damn fun, i wish they repeated that instead of MAG+

Freeze
Feb 5, 2010, 09:08 PM
I will third that.

MadDogg
Feb 6, 2010, 07:12 AM
I'm just pissed because the main reason I waited for, and wanted to play this event, to find igg crowns, is glitched or something since apparently no one found any. Pretty much waiting to see if sega is going to fix the areas drops or whatever.