PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Need help going to JP servers

Princess1977
Feb 3, 2010, 04:26 PM
Ok a while back there was some nice people that was tring to help me get on the JP servers. If someone can help me and turn my Computer to be able to read JP.

Thanks in Advance. :)

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2010, 04:55 PM
If you are on Windows XP (or Vista),

Start ----> Control Panel ----> Regional and Language Options

From that panel you can set your language under

Languages ---> Detail ----> Add

Basically you will need East Asian Languages packs to install if you can't find Japanese there.

From the same window you set the keys to switch between languages.

Aside from this, you must set a browser to display Japanese. I use Firefox and Opera. For Firefox its

Tools ---> Option

You should see a new screen that has pictures of the tabs..Click on the content tab and on the bottom where it says Languages, click on the "Choose" tab and add Japanese Support through there.

I recommend you download a Katakana Chart and learn it. Should take you around a week while playing psu-jpn

Princess1977
Feb 3, 2010, 04:57 PM

Basically you will need East Asian Languages packs to install if you can't find Japanese there.

Aside from this, you must set a browser to display Japanese. I use Firefox and Opera. For Firefox its

Tools ---> Option

You should see a new screen that has pictures of the tabs..Click on the content tab and on the bottom where it says Languages, click on the "Choose" tab and add Japanese Support through there.

I recommend you download a Katakana Chart and learn it. Should take you around a week while playing psu-jpn

Working on that now ^^ where do I go to download PSU?
and Thanks!

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2010, 05:25 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/psuilluminus/httpdownload/

Make one Folder on your desktop (They are called directories for future reference, but the icon is that of a folder).

Download ALL the files that are on that page. The Directory Contents should have ALL FOUR FILES together (Including the setup...all four must be together.)

Once downloaded and in the same place, run the setup.

Please note that you will be downloading over 5GB worth of files. This will take a long time so be patient about it.

Princess1977
Feb 3, 2010, 06:12 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/psuilluminus/httpdownload/

Make one Folder on your desktop (They are called directories for future reference, but the icon is that of a folder).

Download ALL the files that are on that page. The Directory Contents should have ALL FOUR FILES together (Including the setup...all four must be together.)

Once downloaded and in the same place, run the setup.

Please note that you will be downloading over 5GB worth of files. This will take a long time so be patient about it.

oh nuu I already downloaded one lol so I guess I uninstall it then make a folder.

Tools ---> Option

ok I put the IME in but I can't get it to write in JP. and the JP IME bar I can't understand I am still tring to get a JP account I am at sign up.. I am getting far huh? lol

Warpath
Feb 3, 2010, 07:47 PM
My Wife Princess is trying to get signed up but not sure on what the first 4 boxes need in them

yumpoptart
Feb 3, 2010, 07:54 PM
What first 4 boxes? Is it for signing up for an account? Click the red button.

Take a look at this guide here - http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server

It walks you through the entire process ^_^

When it asks for your name in Kanji, put 田中 for the last name and 桜 for the first name. then it asks for the name in Katakana, put タナカ for the last name and サクラ for the first name.

When it asks for your address, put in this: 東京都中央区八重洲1-5-3

Princess1977
Feb 3, 2010, 07:57 PM
What first 4 boxes? Is it for signing up for an account? Click the red button.

Take a look at this guide here - http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server

It walks you through the entire process ^_^

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2010, 08:02 PM
If you want to test IME, do the following:

On the bottom right of your taskbar there is marker that has the initials of the Language...

EN = English.

Right click over the EN and "restore the language bar"

On the language bar itself, Click on the Language and choose Japanese.

On the bar itself, to the right of the JP-Japanese there is going to be an icon + Japanese..Click on that and you get two options:

Japanese
Japanese Input System (MS-IME2002)

When you click on the second option your bar should look like this:

JP-Japanese | Japanese | Input Style | Input Mode | Conversion Mode | IME Pad | Tools

When you are typing, these options are selectable.

Go to Tools ----> Properties

You get another panel that appears:

Click on the General Tab and make sure under Input Setting it reads:

Input Method: Romaji Input

Then after you are done, go to input mode and select the different options and try them for fun. It takes some getting used to.

Princess1977
Feb 3, 2010, 08:11 PM
If you want to test IME, do the following:

On the bottom right of your taskbar there is marker that has the initials of the Language...

EN = English.

Right click over the EN and "restore the language bar"

On the language bar itself, Click on the Language and choose Japanese.

On the bar itself, to the right of the JP-Japanese there is going to be an icon + Japanese..Click on that and you get two options:

Japanese
Japanese Input System (MS-IME2002)

When you click on the second option your bar should look like this:

JP-Japanese | Japanese | Input Style | Input Mode | Conversion Mode | IME Pad | Tools

When you are typing, these options are selectable.

Go to Tools ----> Properties

You get another panel that appears:

Click on the General Tab and make sure under Input Setting it reads:

Input Method: Romaji Input

Then after you are done, go to input mode and select the different options and try them for fun. It takes some getting used to.

what one would be kanji? I am tring to make a account.

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2010, 08:21 PM
Kanji is trickier

you write the word :P example

たたかう (tatakau, the verb meaning to battle/fight)

this could be left like this, but if you write the word out and then hit the space bar

戦う 

The job of the IME is to handle the conversion. Problem is that there are many words out there which the conversion isn't handled as well so you have to know the kanji itself in order to avoid writing the wrong kanji.

As for your problem with Kanji...

On the registration page of the game itself there are examples to the right of the fields. Copy and past into the fields what you see to the right after the parenthesis...Meaning if you see:

(word 1) (word 2) X

Simply copy and paste into the fields entries to the far right. What is best is to look at an example to the right of the field from RIGHT TO LEFT and as soon as you hit a Parenthesis..STOP RIGHT THERE and copy from the space after the parenthesis to the right and into the field.

Princess1977
Feb 3, 2010, 08:31 PM
Kanji is trickier

you write the word :P example

たたかう (tatakau, the verb meaning to battle/fight)

this could be left like this, but if you write the word out and then hit the space bar

戦う 

The job of the IME is to handle the conversion. Problem is that there are many words out there which the conversion isn't handled as well so you have to know the kanji itself in order to avoid writing the wrong kanji.

As for your problem with Kanji...

On the registration page of the game itself there are examples to the right of the fields. Copy and past into the fields what you see to the right after the parenthesis...Meaning if you see:

(word 1) (word 2) X

Simply copy and paste into the fields entries to the far right. What is best is to look at an example to the right of the field from RIGHT TO LEFT and as soon as you hit a Parenthesis..STOP RIGHT THERE and copy from the space after the parenthesis to the right and into the field.

I been told to copy and paste it but, I just hope SOJ don't figure it out lol

Warpath
Feb 3, 2010, 08:36 PM
Is Hiragana the same thing as Kanji?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 3, 2010, 08:40 PM
They don't care. Approximately 99% of import players are named SEGA Torou and live at SEGA Headquarters.

yumpoptart
Feb 3, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hiragana is not the same thing as kanji.

Both Hiragana and Katakana are Japanese phonetic alphabets with about 40 characters in each of them. Hiragana is really curvy looking, Katakana is more blocky and simple.

Hiragana example- あいうえお
Katakana example- アイウエオ

Kanji is actually chinese characters, they look more complex - 馬 桜 雨 星 黒 魚 当 今 

Princess1977
Feb 3, 2010, 08:56 PM
Where could I find a place that would help me spell out my name? :) in Kanji

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 3, 2010, 09:01 PM
Just copy and paste the examples. SEGA doesn't care, as long as they get your money.

yumpoptart
Feb 3, 2010, 09:04 PM
Or put this in for your name in Kanji:

Last name kanji: 田中  (tanaka)
First name kanji: 桜  (sakura)

Last name katakana: タナカ (tanaka)
First name katakana: サクラ (sakura)

Address: 東京都中央区八重洲1-5-3

In case you're worried about there being too many SEGA Tarou's out there :p

Princess1977
Feb 3, 2010, 09:15 PM
Or put this in for your name in Kanji:

Last name kanji: 田中  (tanaka)
First name kanji: 桜  (sakura)

Last name katakana: タナカ (tanaka)
First name katakana: サクラ (sakura)

Address: 東京都中央区八重洲1-5-3

In case you're worried about there being too many SEGA Tarou's out there :p

how did you do that? I mean the kanji part. and he is the maker of the PS series lmao

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2010, 09:37 PM
What happened with Hiragana and Katakana is as follows:

When Kanji entered Japan, they were too hard to understand that only trained nobility and people who were very high up could understand it. The majority of the population could not read or write....

...but women came through for people in simplifying the Kanji into smaller, easier forms...Hiragana was born from this. Hiragana is used to write words that are native to the Japanese language.

Katakana is used to write foreign words and names into Japanese. There are more sounds that can be constructed due to additional rules which exist when writing in Katakana. Sometimes however, to be more polite (and explicit)...like in Legal Documents to express names, one uses Katakana in place of Hiragana.

Before you say that is stupid and idiotic...Remember all those times we are asked to "Sign" a document in Print and Cursive? Its pretty much the same thing...

As a Japanese person grows up, they learn the kanji, 1945 are considered to be the "essential characters" while they learn 200 - 300 more for names.

Due to the fact the Kanji came into Japan from China and were simplified, they carry two meanings on the minimum to each:

On-Reading is the Chinese Reading (On'yomi) which is literally how a Japanese tried to approximate or create a Chinese sound in their own language.

Kun-Reading is the Japanese reading of a native Japanese. (KunYomi)

A good way to learn a kanji is to use the On-Reading to Identify the name of the character. Then Identify the Kun-Reading and then the actual definition as words are tied to both

Example:

The name of the following Kanji (私) is SHI as its On-Reading and Watashi as its Kun-Reading. It means "I", "Private" and "Personal" and forms words based on these.

Example words:

Shijin: Private Person
Shifun: Personal Grudge
Shiki: Private Record
Shitou: Faction

Note: This kanji also has hiso as a meaning meaning private/secret in that sense...If you see, you find that while Kanji have several words for the Kun-Reading at times, that most of the time most compounds use the On-Readings.

Kanji once learned have a higher literacy rating, due to the fact the kanji IS the definition of the word. :) There are 1000s of words that begin with "SHI" and the way you learn which "SHI" is being talked about outside of context is by the kanji itself used.

Edit: Just wanted to say....Do not try to use the Japanese Reading ever when dealing with the Chinese Language itself....Japanese is a polysyllabic Language while Chinese is a monosyllabic language....While a General Meaning may be similar or the same...The words and structures are different in both languages. I see too many who think if they learn Japanese, they can read Chinese....which nothing is further from the truth.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 3, 2010, 09:38 PM
It's simple. Turn on Japanese in the language bar, change the input to full-width katakana, type "tanaka" (or whatever), then press space a couple times. It should bring up a little menu. Pick the one you want. Voila.

Or you could just copy and paste.

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2010, 09:43 PM
Its simple as long as Romaji Input is the correct input set. ^_^

Princess1977
Feb 3, 2010, 10:49 PM
I have a problem as well, though it's probably simple and I'm being stupid. How does one go about changing their password? I'm only on the 5 day trial right now, and can't find an option to change my password. Am I stuck with the random combination of letters and numbers until I actually have a subscription?

I wish I could help ya I haven't got that far yet. lol

I have a problem as well, though it's probably simple and I'm being stupid. How does one go about changing their password? I'm only on the 5 day trial right now, and can't find an option to change my password. Am I stuck with the random combination of letters and numbers until I actually have a subscription?

this is the walk though I am using
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172900&page=2
hope it helps ^^

Warpath
Feb 4, 2010, 04:28 AM
well my Wife is online ready but the only problem is the PC keeps crashing and we don't know why

never mind looks like shes up and running now her name is Kitty shes on uni 1

unicorn
Feb 4, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hmmm, for some reason I can't install JP languages... ><; It says I'm missing xjis.nls o_o;

DAMASCUS
Feb 5, 2010, 12:01 AM
Hmmm, for some reason I can't install JP languages... ><; It says I'm missing xjis.nls o_o;

What version of Windows do you have? Maybe you can just download the newest language package(?)