They want Ivy back
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=864&pictureid=12513

Red Ring
Feb 4, 2010, 03:52 AM
that looks nothing like bayone... shit.

Tetsaru
Feb 4, 2010, 05:34 AM
HORY CLAP it does look like an Ivy/Bayonetta fusion... o_o;

Oh well, raven-haired chicks with glasses, whips, and big tits are always relevant. :wacko:

HeartBreak301
Feb 4, 2010, 10:19 AM
For shame Shin, how could you let W0L beat you to this? For shame... :disapprove:

Outrider
Feb 4, 2010, 11:46 AM
What? Nobody wants Ivy in the first place. Let them keep her.

Vanzazikon
Feb 4, 2010, 04:38 PM
Sega ain't the only one taking Ivy.

http://www.videogamesindonesia.com/news/2009/agt/10/sengoku306.jpg

Koei was inspired as well.

Weeaboolits
Feb 4, 2010, 06:23 PM
There's not enough cleavage for that to be Ivy.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 4, 2010, 07:32 PM
There's not enough cleavage for that to be Ivy.
Not to mention too much clothing.

Oh, and lack of cottage cheese thighs.

Vanzazikon
Feb 4, 2010, 07:55 PM
wtf? Where mah image go?

Leviathan
Feb 4, 2010, 09:53 PM
For the next SOul Calibur game Ivy could just swing her **** around as a weapon. :disapprove:

This thread is now about how cute Talim is.

http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/soul-calibur-iv/talim2.jpg
SUPAH CAYOOT!

Cuteness lasts, but hotness fades away.

HeartBreak301
Feb 4, 2010, 11:03 PM
She'd be cuter if she kept her white/blue outfit from SC2.

Shadowpawn
Feb 4, 2010, 11:08 PM
The hell happened to Talim's nose!?

lavisblade
Feb 4, 2010, 11:12 PM
She'd be cuter if she kept her white/blue outfit from SC2.
+1

+1 0.0

HeartBreak301
Feb 4, 2010, 11:42 PM

Holy shit, what the hell indeed.

Zeek123
Feb 5, 2010, 02:00 AM
I remember one of the only times I heard my grandmother cuss was when I was playing Soul Calibur 2.

I was talking to her after starting up the game and the opening movie was playing and it went to Ivy... and she did a move that made her lean over and her boobs were flopping around, and she went "WHAT THE SHIT ARE YOU PLAYING?!"

Alnet
Feb 5, 2010, 03:55 AM
Puberty.

Outrider
Feb 5, 2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah, SCIV Ivy is so hyper-sexualized that it borders on parody. Her body looks more bloated than anything - as if they just pumped her full of air to make key points bigger.

But to be serious for a moment - this thread is making me want to pick up Soulcalibur IV on the cheap. I thought SCIII was a mess (what with the overpowered characters, over-abundance of projectile moves, and just general crappiness), but the second had a fond place in my heart. (And the first one has a slightly smaller place in my heart, as the sequel was already out by the time I picked it up and it didn't hold my attention as much.)

My biggest concern is that they nerfed Yun-seong even more than they did in SCIII.

Ah well. Anyway, FKL - in case I ever come across it during a dry spell, is SCIV worth <$20?

Alnet
Feb 5, 2010, 11:53 AM
I say so. ;o The CPU is much more balanced than it was in SCIII and its "Look, I can Just Impact every attack EVERY TIME LOL." Oh, but the Star Wars characters do cheat. :P

Also, Yun-Seong has some cheap moves that can basically get you a win against the CPU -very- quickly, if you plan on playing for Honors/Trophies.

The character customization outfits have been increased greatly, so a lot of time goes into just that. It also affects your stats, though, so you may end up looking horrible but having uber-rapetastic powers. I suppose that's what joke characters are for, though.

Though I don't know how many people play it online, since people emigrated to SFIV and Tatsunoko vs Capcom, if you're interested in that.

Weeaboolits
Feb 5, 2010, 12:14 PM
I haven't played any since II, IV is getting down in price, I might get it at some point.

Also Talim is the only character.

Zeek123
Feb 5, 2010, 05:26 PM
I got IV. Even bought Yoda. I went from II to IV, skipped all the B.S. inbetween.

If you're on PS3, I don't think it's worth it. There's no trophies to get, and the Star Wars characters are cheap.

Yun-seong does rape though. It's quite rediculous really. I have a friend in Vegas that destroys me everytime we play.

I'm still hung on II. Story mode was way way better, and the GCN version had Link. I still think he's the best char. so far.

Outrider
Feb 5, 2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, maybe I'll just go play SCII again.

I have some very fond memories of that game, as my roommate and I in sophomore year would play it all the time. He was probably the better player, but using Yun-seong I could usually give him a run for his money if not beat him from time to time. The great thing about Yun-Seong in that game is that he had a variety of great stance changes that would shake things up during a fight and many of his moves had weird timing that would really trick people up.

I miss SCII.

(And yeah, Link was pretty awesome. And the Gamecube controller was practically made for Soul Calibur, what with the prioritized analog stick, easy roll-over to each button and the massive shoulder buttons for easy guard impacts. I hated playing the game on the PS2 - thought that might have been because my roommate always had shoulder button guard defaulted to off.)

Tetsaru
Feb 5, 2010, 07:06 PM
If you're on PS3, I don't think it's worth it. There's no trophies to get, and the Star Wars characters are cheap.

I'm still hung on II. Story mode was way way better, and the GCN version had Link. I still think he's the best char. so far.

Man, I wish Sony would releases patches for their old games to where they'd have trophy packs... ;_;

Link was awesome in SC2. I also enjoyed being able to take different routes in story mode. It seemed like SC4's only redeeming factors were its character creator and online multiplayer... the story in it just seemed lackluster, and the addition of the Star Wars characters was a major WTF crossover that didn't need to happen, imo. That, and why'd they make most of Zasalamel's good moves only available as counters...

On the subject of Ivy's swelling bosom (which is fine by me :wacko: ), I was trying to find one video I saw around the time SC4 came out, but this pretty much makes the same point:

[spoiler-box]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb306/shinlord/UpStart/Ivyboobevolution.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Taki's still the hottest though, imo. :razz:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 6, 2010, 01:19 AM
Soul Calibur fired this guy, but took his character idea and broke it up into two separate exploitable female figure forms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_sRq4NHQY

And Diego Umejuarez source story. Alex Valle got no RESPECT

Outrider
Feb 7, 2010, 03:41 AM
Really cool video, but I'm having a hard time believing that Capcom Japan asked Capcom USA to recall every copy of Street Fighter ever released in the US in order to fix some minor name inconsistencies.

Not claiming the guy is pulling it out of his ass, but that sounds like big time internet fanboy misunderstanding/exaggeration.

HeartBreak301
Feb 7, 2010, 03:48 AM
To anyone thinking about getting SC4, do it. It's definitely worth whatever you'll pay for it, the character creation eats hours of your time. And to anyone who has a choice in which to get, I recommend the 360 version. It controls MUCH better.

TalHex
Feb 7, 2010, 06:13 PM
yeah, agreed. I like the 360 version much better *has played both*

Character creation is pretty fun, but i wish they had more items for download.

Zeek123
Feb 7, 2010, 08:11 PM
yeah, agreed. I like the 360 version much better *has played both*

Character creation is pretty fun, but i wish they had more items for download.

I wish SC IV had more weapons period. In SC II I felt like I really had an arsenal buying and earning weapons. Whether it be taking damage as you attack, or stealing a bit of HP at the cost of defense. SC IV doesn't have all the weapons SC II had, which is weird to me because I thought that was what the series was about. A fighting game based on weapon variety.

TalHex
Feb 7, 2010, 08:47 PM
what I really miss about SC II was that weapons master mode or whatever. Story mode is too easy in SCIV

Outrider
Feb 8, 2010, 03:26 PM
Oh wait - is the single-player mode anything like the awful story mode or strategy game in SCIII? Both were awful.

Alnet
Feb 8, 2010, 06:11 PM
Oh wait - is the single-player mode anything like the awful story mode or strategy game in SCIII? Both were awful.
"Story" mode in SCIV is a joke. It's basically 5 matches with equipment effects. I don't even think you get anything from it aside from ingame money.

Arcade mode is... well, arcade mode.

There's a mode called "The Tower of Souls" that can be just monstrous. It's 60 floors up of missions, and an infinite number of floors down for survival. Equipment effects are on. Beware girls in cat costumes because they'll kill you with frankfurters and the hand of God.

They really want you to make use of the online multiplayer.

HeartBreak301
Feb 8, 2010, 06:39 PM
The tower of souls is awesome, definitely the coolest part of single player. And those cats... don't underestimate them.

Outrider
Feb 8, 2010, 06:59 PM
So no terrible story mode with one random QTE shoved into the middle of it?

This is already sounding much better than SCIII.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 8, 2010, 08:52 PM
Really cool video, but I'm having a hard time believing that Capcom Japan asked Capcom USA to recall every copy of Street Fighter ever released in the US in order to fix some minor name inconsistencies.

Not claiming the guy is pulling it out of his ass, but that sounds like big time internet fanboy misunderstanding/exaggeration.
That sounds kinda weird, agree.

Akuma - name source story a bit cooler.

Some couple wanted to name their baby Akuma in Japan, which is forbidden as it basically means "Devil." Capcom US saw this in a newspaper, and figured it would be a good name for this secret boss, Gouki, so that's where he came from.

I didn't really want to know DeeJay is modeled after Billy Blanks, Tae-Bo infomercial guy.

That's not.. "ALRIGHT!"

HeartBreak301
Feb 8, 2010, 09:37 PM
So no terrible story mode with one random QTE shoved into the middle of it?

This is already sounding much better than SCIII.

Story mode is just the same as SC2's arcade mode, go out and beat up people for 4 or 5 matches and then you get Soul Calibur/Edge or both, then the story card and credits roll. But the game was never supposed to be heavy on the story side, more on the beat up your friends side.

Pros:
Awesome character creation
Fluent non combo heavy fighting
Tower of Souls (essentially challenge mode)
Instant kill specials have been added
Special battle (stats and abilities come in to play here) and Normal Battle (as the name implies)
Online ass kicking

Cons:
Little to no story
Team Battles have been removed (was seriously looking forward to more 8v8 action)
Special abilities must be re-unlocked for each fighting style
Cassandra and Sophitia are still annoying as hell to fight against
Your friends hate you after you give them a royal beatdown

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 8, 2010, 09:48 PM
I heard Yoda can't be thrown, pwns in that game, confirm?

Visual demonstrations

[spoiler-box]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/ethan_psyouda.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Yardle Pwns (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133839)

HeartBreak301
Feb 10, 2010, 12:45 AM
Its true that he can't be thrown, but he's so hard to use (at least for me) and his attacks are weak as shit. Besides, you don't need to throw him if you can smash him with a zweihander. :wacko:

Zeek123
Feb 10, 2010, 01:44 AM
Yeah, he's too short to grab. Never tried Yoda vs. Yoda though. Should be possible.

Anyway, SC IV's offline sucks. I can't really forgive it for "focusing" on online play. SC II's Weapon Master Mode was excellent, and nothing in SC IV comes close to that. I liked the stages a little better too.

HeartBreak301
Feb 10, 2010, 01:59 AM
Yoda can't grab Yoda, tried that.

Zeek123
Feb 10, 2010, 02:02 AM
Yoda can't grab Yoda, tried that.

Confirmed!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 10, 2010, 02:03 AM
There's a strong force against clone:self groping grabbing then.