PDA

View Full Version : What do think will happen in the future? New Game or Add on?

Princess1977
Feb 4, 2010, 06:27 PM
Ok so the PS/PS2 US side is being shut down. (I used to play on that server) SOA said they will fully support the 360 now. But, with the 10 years of PSO coming up...
What do you think will happen?
Vote and Tell why you voted. :) or just post.

RemiusTA
Feb 4, 2010, 06:37 PM
not like it matters, it wont be for us initially anyway

Princess1977
Feb 4, 2010, 06:41 PM
not like it matters, it wont be for us initially anywaywhat do you mean?

RemiusTA
Feb 4, 2010, 06:50 PM
The same way PSP2 is an amazing game but not even hinted at being ported here yet?

Yeah, if its a new Console PSO/U game, it might be a bit different. But unless they get like Square Enix and develop the game for MULTIPLE CONSOLES AND LANGUAGES simultaneously, we'll have the same problems. A late release here and months and months behind schedule.

Princess1977
Feb 4, 2010, 06:53 PM
The same way PSP2 is an amazing game but not even hinted at being ported here yet?

Yeah, if its a new Console PSO/U game, it might be a bit different. But unless they get like Square Enix and develop the game for MULTIPLE CONSOLES AND LANGUAGES simultaneously, we'll have the same problems. A late release here and months and months behind schedule.

I agree. I hope if it is a add on or new game I hope it gets released simultaneously.

Arika
Feb 4, 2010, 11:41 PM
At least for this half year, only add-on in PSU-JP and PSPo2.

but they will have to make some kind of game every year for money anyway, expect something release on late this year.

Legendwolf
Feb 5, 2010, 12:07 AM
I voted on ad on but i hope theres a ne PS game with awesome graphics and missions like similar to magna carta 2 or final fantasy that would be awesome.

MaggotSai
Feb 5, 2010, 12:57 AM
MY guess would be that they would just release a whole new game, that will probably bring in more money. I would much rather have another expansion though.

Zeek123
Feb 5, 2010, 02:08 AM
Don't know, don't care. Your 10th anniversary present is a server close.

Happy anniversary!

Princess1977
Feb 5, 2010, 03:05 AM
I do hope for a add on. Besides AOTI+. But, if they make a new game I hope we can transfer our char. from PSU. Or make it where we can get something from our PSU chars. :)

Arika
Feb 5, 2010, 06:11 AM
What I meant for add-on is just DLC tho.

Pillan
Feb 5, 2010, 09:30 AM

What company would announce a new Phantasy Star a couple months after releasing PSZ? That's a shot in the foot to all of those players. Expect the announcement to come when key players get bored of that and sales drop to nothing. (I.e., this summer/fall.) SEGA likes money, so you know every good non-dating simulator they produce will make it overseas.

Sonic Team has always been pretty good about near-simultaneous international releases for their major games. PSU was out in the US within a couple months. AoI wasn't much longer than that. And all of the Sonics you can think of had nearly identical release dates. It's really not something new or unusual to them, they just haven't done it with PSU updates and PS handheld releases. Apparently the gains don't outweigh the costs in those departments.

stinkyfish97
Feb 5, 2010, 09:51 AM
Maybe PS cartoon network series? lol. Now that would be hilarious. I would watch that everyday, and they need the same actors who played the characters voices in the PSU game. LOL. Now that would be something interesting/disturbing to me. Actually I could see that kind of thing happening it would be kinda cool and if they ever made a PS game again it would probably sell pretty decently.

On a serious note. Maybe something gets announced, maybe not. I dunno why they would bring out a game when we are more than 3/5 through the life cycle of these systems. I mean, Xbox/Sony/Nintendo all are already, and have been working on the next, next gen consoles. My guess is that they will re-release PSO BB on the xbox 360 dashboard making it avaliable for download, maybe they will have even upgraded a few things fromt he orginal game, such as making the controls better.

Para
Feb 5, 2010, 04:19 PM
Bets on PSP2 for PSP for NA.

Proto07
Feb 5, 2010, 04:48 PM
Leia Martinez will be in Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing. :lol:

I can't picture Sega releasing anymore PS console related stuff this gen.

autumn
Feb 5, 2010, 05:21 PM
Nothing useful. I'd bet the announcement of PSP2s release in the US.

Retehi
Feb 5, 2010, 06:43 PM
PSO Cell phone game.

Allison_W
Feb 5, 2010, 06:49 PM
Bets on PSP2 for PSP for NA.

Nothing useful. I'd bet the announcement of PSP2s release in the US.

I'm pretty sure you're both wrong. You're ignoring the fact that the big announcement Sakai speaks of appears to be intended to be relevant to the interests of the JP fanbase, which an English release of PSP2 really isn't.

Delete
Feb 5, 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm going with nothing. I doubt they have a big enough fan base to care about making any kind of further games. Japan might see something, but as for us....we'll (360 users) simply get our servers shut down probably before we even get the Sup. Update. However, I hope I'm wrong because I may not play Psu anymore, but for the Love of God...I cannot quit this freakin game.Through it's faults, it's still one of the best damn online experiences I've ever had :D

Danny_Dark
Feb 11, 2010, 07:58 AM
10th Anniversary ?!, ...Ha Ha Ha, I Bet Nothing Will Happen, (Maybe A Big Empty Box).

unicorn
Feb 11, 2010, 08:16 AM
I still think we're getting a Red Ring Rico deco.

Powder Keg
Feb 11, 2010, 08:17 AM
PSO Cell phone game.

I lol'd

Whatever it is, I'm sure it's something no one is hoping for or thinking about.

GUARDIANDNL
Feb 11, 2010, 08:47 AM
you hit SEGA with your saber....it drops a red box...."omg a rare item!"....f### another photon drop...
either they didinīt learn a thing with psu and make another game that the west will get after a milenia and ripped of itīs 40% of the original content.....or......nothing......

Zarode
Feb 11, 2010, 11:01 AM
I think they are more busy working on stuff for PSPo2.

gratefulgriz
Feb 11, 2010, 03:21 PM
i would be happy with anything, just as long as it gets a little more mature and stays away from any final fantasy resemblances

GUARDIANDNL
Feb 11, 2010, 03:47 PM
actually i like Sega is pretty busy with psp2, thatīs why i buy it and playing it...like i learn some english playing games i can do the same with the japanese, and i will not waste money on some game they translate with no the real content the game could possibly get in the future...
i hope they spent a lot more hours and money on psp2 and i will be happier than now

ChaosAngelic
Feb 12, 2010, 11:45 PM
I've always dreamed about a Phantasy Star console game with a story as huge and as epic as some of the newer Final Fantasy games... and I can't really see it happening. Could you imagine, though? Final Fantasy and Phantasy Star were some of the greatest turn-based RPGs of the time... and then Phantasy Star just dropped off the face of the earth until PSO.

Granted, it is PSO's anniversary and not Phantasy Star's as a whole, but it would still be awesome to see something like that. I really wouldn't trust Sega to develop it though.

Oh, and not that I'm against PSO at all... I love the games and I still play BB. So how about something like PSZ on, say, the PS3? (I only say the PS3 because Microsoft would restrict it to Xbox and Windows PCs and Nintendo... well, it's Nintendo. Friend codes=bad.)

Chibi_psu
Feb 13, 2010, 05:54 AM
a huge dlc or add on for psu that adss all the psp1 and 2 content and the most important...NEW MISSIONS and more stuff like bigger partys and such

Adriano
Feb 13, 2010, 08:11 AM
Psp2 V.2 Episodes 1 & 2.
A.k.a Psp3.

Professor Xavier
Feb 14, 2010, 06:16 PM
S.T.O.

Keilyn
Feb 14, 2010, 07:45 PM
The future?

Oh yeah! We get another game from Sega, which they HYPE UP to the extreme....and try to put fear into people who try to join the original version so three to four years later the game can close down again while the original version is way ahead in updates and still retains servers to their previous game.

The pattern happened in PSO
The pattern happened in PSU

It will happen again in whatever new game they send to the states.

Cranberry
Feb 14, 2010, 08:23 PM
You're still going to buy it when it comes out though, aren't ya? You'll repeat the pattern, right Keilyn?

goldbrease
Feb 15, 2010, 03:50 AM
*phantom's in*
I have recently found a youtube video i will save for sega's big announcement.

Keilyn
Feb 15, 2010, 04:57 AM
You're still going to buy it when it comes out though, aren't ya? You'll repeat the pattern, right Keilyn?

No.

I will play the original Japanese version of any new product coming from Sega and will not buy any product from Sega of America. This breaks the cycle considering that the official Japanese PSObb servers still exist at http://psobb.jp/ and PSU-JP exists at http://phantasystaruniverse.jp

A Japanese game starts a long time before our versions and they outlive our versions in both longevity and updates.

I will make the point that Sega of America is the only company that I've paid money to who has closed down an official title while the original version still runs....and have done it twice. First with PSObb and then with PSU.

Kion
Feb 15, 2010, 06:16 AM
Then maybe we should petition Sega in before the release of the next game. I think they should just make language select available on the client and keep the servers updated at the same time. And then maybe they can split the population into Japan only, mixed, and English only and allow people to choose.

GUARDIANDNL
Feb 15, 2010, 06:58 PM
wasnīt PSO multilanguage online mmorpg until the west players begin to used the FSOD or something like that and make SoJ separate the servers cause in japan the players where more honest and inform to the GMīs of anyone hacking or messing with the game????...

i think the separate servers will carry on whatever title they make with online content

DAMASCUS
Feb 15, 2010, 07:12 PM
What always seemed like the best approach for connecting regional servers, would be to keep the servers seperate for the first half-year to get the bugs worked and to patch up any hacks that come up.

Then, with the built in capability to interact with players of other languages they would pick a time to link up with a special event in mind that the whole world(?) would be involved in. This would have to be somewhat secretive of course so that some devious individuals wouldn't just wait until the right moment to drop a supercheat/virus/bug and ruin everything.

Dragwind
Feb 15, 2010, 08:09 PM
I don't usually plan on playing online games for more than 5/6+ years anyhow. I dig as much out of the game as I can at the time, and as long as it holds my interest I'll continue to play. Even if it's only casual at some point. I know I'll always be supporting localized versions of Phantasy Star, even if it means I might get jipped in a minuscule portion of content and wait time.

If I were to have stuck to JP PSO:BB, I'm not sure I would still be playing at this point anyhow. Even all my old PSO games are collecting dust.
While I would have loved to see more content come to the PC/PS2 server before going down, nothing is going to change that it's over. I've dedicated far too much time of my life to PSU and I've experienced enough entertainment to be satisfied with the unbelievable thousands of hours I've invested in it.

While all my work is going down the drain, it was inevitable. At some point every online game ends for someone whether it's due from lack of interest or server shut down.

I'll be welcoming the next title in the series with open arms. It'll be nice to experience something fresh. Narrowing down the possibilities of what's next is pretty simple in my eyes. I think it'll either be a new PS title somewhat based off of PSU, or something entirely new. As far as the platform? I'm not sure how I feel on that yet.

tl;dr: I have no problem with supporting localized versions of the games for what they are, and I'm looking forward to what's next.

Hucast-Kireek
Feb 16, 2010, 04:38 AM
I want a new game! or Phantasy Zero Wii version or something.

Zeek123
Feb 16, 2010, 08:50 AM
Buying the JP release is giving them money anyway. Either way, it doesn't help... you know? All I'm trying to say is SoJ is just at fault, if not more so. Actually more so in the case of PSU. But who do you really think calls the shots?

Anyway, I'm done with in-house Sega games. If they publish another Platinum game like Madworld, or whatever, great. Only way I'm buying another Sega developed game is if it's used.

ChibiBecca
Feb 18, 2010, 11:45 AM
The future?

Oh yeah! We get another game from Sega, which they HYPE UP to the extreme....and try to put fear into people who try to join the original version so three to four years later the game can close down again while the original version is way ahead in updates and still retains servers to their previous game.

The pattern happened in PSO
The pattern happened in PSU

It will happen again in whatever new game they send to the states.

That's pretty much how I feel too.

I'm holding off on buying Sega games for the forseeable furture. They've just let us down far too many times now, it's a waste of money. :/ If a new PS version comes out on a console, I'm not going to get attached to it as it's clear they'll just ditch us again once things stop being profitable.

PhantasmalSage
Feb 19, 2010, 12:13 AM
Don't go starting a Thomas Theorem now you fools.... that is the reason why this happens... lol.

Untamed Dragoon
Feb 19, 2010, 12:31 AM
New game? Maybe. Add-on to psu? Maybe. Any of it gonna happen? Maybe. Sega taking action? Of course. It's their job to make those games/add-ons/new stuff/etc. I voted add-on, but after seeing the results, I kinda want to see a new psu. Where rangers play fps style.....lol Also, Npc AIs that aren't stupid, but not too overpowered. (Classic example of stupid Npc AI- Karen: Oh! :o What's that shiny purple orb flying at me? o. o? Psu player: Omfg! Karen it's megid! Move! Karen: Huh? *SMACK* {Karen dies} Psu player: Wow.........just wow.....sorry no moons Karen....) .....lol >.>

Night SSc7
Feb 19, 2010, 12:38 AM
Ok so the PS/PS2 US side is being shut down. (I used to play on that server) SOA said they will fully support the 360 now. But, with the 10 years of PSO coming up...
What do you think will happen?
Vote and Tell why you voted. :) or just post.

they said they'd support the ps2/pc side too...

Deadlycruow
Feb 19, 2010, 02:17 AM
a half made sonic game or some form of a pso/u replace ment to make a quick buck..i dont have shit to say to sega anymore until they show me they care about their fans and make a well rounded game they can go fuck themselves.
not trying to spread hate just some what fed up.