PDA

View Full Version : How not to get scammed!

stinkyfish97
Feb 4, 2010, 07:43 PM
Listen up people I see a post about how I got scammed and its already been closed. The purpose of this thread is not to call people out. The purpose is to tell you how to improve your odds of not getting scammed. First of all have witnesses for large purchases, you may even be able to arrange for a GM to moniter the trade. With witnesses you will have a better chance of convincing Sonic Team of what happened. If it is your word against his with no witnesses, not much can be done. So please I urge you to bring 1 or 2 other people with you to where you plan on doing the trade. That is your best chance of making the trade go smoothly.

Thank you for your time. And remember not everyone is honest. And I am sorry to those of you who have lost out.

neilp4453
Feb 4, 2010, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't need a witness though it may scare potential scammers.

Sega can look through logs and see what happened.

Delete
Feb 4, 2010, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't need a witness though it may scare potential scammers.

It wouldn't really matter, I mean even if I had 4 friends with me, it's still our word against his.

@ OP

And good luck getting a GM ( a lot of people suggest this but don't realize getting a GM is like making it rain in the desert, it just doesn't happen very often.)

Sega can look through logs and see what happened.

If they gave a shit, yeah they could. But once again, You'd have to go through heck just to get there attention and even after that, you'd have like a 1% chance of them actually doing something. Then again, 1% can be all you need....freakin Psycho Wand failing at 99% chance :(

Kion
Feb 4, 2010, 08:34 PM
If you`re going to trade someone, do it in your/their room and take your time. Simple as that.

Sinikal
Feb 5, 2010, 12:46 PM
Lol it cracks me up when these ignorant amateur gamers get scammed. What makes me laugh even harder is when its for something in the range of 100mill LOL. No one that has earned 100mill legit is dumb enough get scammed.

Hey n00bs, buy stuff through the shop or confirmed trade. Idiots...

SuperRygar
Feb 5, 2010, 12:47 PM
Even if you had witnesses...they will just see two people standing around trading items. How does that help?

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 5, 2010, 01:13 PM
Make sure your typing what you selling and how much for in game, the gm can then see this if there is a problem.

Ruru
Feb 5, 2010, 02:52 PM
Best bet, don't trade for anything over 99mil. Everything in this game can be found on pure willpower and determination. If you want something enough go out and hunt for it.

The trade feature in this game is a joke, until we get gold bars it's never a good idea to trade to someone you don't know.

Max B
Feb 5, 2010, 06:45 PM
Hmm leave this on the offical boards where it belongs.......inb4 lock