PDA

View Full Version : Bored already with MAG

Sinikal
Feb 5, 2010, 12:38 PM
Anyone else sick and tired of running MAG over and over? :-(

ashley50
Feb 5, 2010, 12:40 PM
I was bored with since the first MAG...

If you're bored with it, why are you playing it?

Red Ring
Feb 5, 2010, 12:42 PM
People get all riled up ready to play the game as if events are the only reason to continue playing. Those people are probably better off canceling their subscription. I know i would if I only played the game to spam events.

SuperRygar
Feb 5, 2010, 12:44 PM
such hate. i wasnt sick of running those levels in PSO so...no, im not sick of running MAG

Sinikal
Feb 5, 2010, 12:48 PM
I was bored with since the first MAG...

If you're bored with it, why are you playing it?

Umm, same reason why everyone else is, XP and LOOT

Matic
Feb 5, 2010, 12:55 PM
This WAS always the problem with MAG.

Cranberry
Feb 5, 2010, 01:09 PM
You know that the bonuses apply everywhere right? Not just the MAG mission. So you can play other areas and still get an EXP bonus.

NiceOnes
Feb 5, 2010, 01:12 PM
What is the difference for 95% of the PSU population? It's either spam the event or spam WB..

To answer your question, yes I guess I am a little tired of running the same mission over and over however there is no way in hell I am going to run anything else considering the EXP boost!

Will I be happy once it is gone? Maybe, but only because I refuse to spam WB and much prefer to run random missions.

How come you never see a thread titled "I'm bored of WB now that I've been running it straight for 1.5 years."

NiceOnes
Feb 5, 2010, 01:13 PM
You know that the bonuses apply everywhere right? Not just the MAG mission. So you can play other areas and still get an EXP bonus.

Really? Hmmm.... Learn something new everyday I guess.

garjian
Feb 5, 2010, 01:20 PM
i was bored of it before MAG+ started...

i got my hand spear and pissed off again.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 5, 2010, 01:24 PM
No................ the pa bonus is everwhere in game, the xp is just on mag

Cranberry
Feb 5, 2010, 02:14 PM
I just checked the site and you're right. The EXP boost is only available on MAG. My apologies, I thought they said it was everywhere. Only the PA boost applies everywhere. And here I've been doing all these missions thinking I was getting an EXP boost. -_-

NiceOnes
Feb 5, 2010, 03:08 PM
I just checked the site and you're right. The EXP boost is only available on MAG. My apologies, I thought they said it was everywhere. Only the PA boost applies everywhere. And here I've been doing all these missions thinking I was getting an EXP boost. -_-

LMAO. I guess I'll keep my eyes open for something to learn today yet!

unicorn
Feb 5, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hey, atleast we got MAG again....so its a good sign we're getting updates.

And really, MAG isn't as bad as spamming White Beast.

I was tired of the first two MAGs, but that was over 1.5 years ago. So I don't mind it a 3rd time (yet).

Go be useful and lvl some buffs or something.

DreXxiN
Feb 5, 2010, 03:44 PM
It's really cool how people seem inclined to play MAG just because of the XP benefits.

"Hmm, what'll it be...less XP? Or ruining my experience in my free time... Fuck it, I WANT THAT XP, BRAH!"

autumn
Feb 5, 2010, 05:25 PM
Eh, I logged in, ran one MAG with my RL friends and haven't really logged in again since. I keep thinking I should go at least run the Moatoob relics mission but I can't even muster the interest for that :<

Max B
Feb 5, 2010, 06:43 PM
Hmm, I do not know why this suprises anyone Mag was a boring event why wouldn't Mag+?

Vickie
Feb 5, 2010, 07:38 PM
lolz i didnt even know there was a new MAG, dam and i let a friend hold my 360, i'm not missing much by the looks of it though

DoubleJG
Feb 5, 2010, 07:49 PM
What is the difference for 95% of the PSU population? It's either spam the event or spam WB..

How come you never see a thread titled "I'm bored of WB now that I've been running it straight for 1.5 years."

I love how Portable 2 has a pretty evened out mission system :)

Delete
Feb 5, 2010, 08:00 PM
I didn't even try it yet and don't plan on doing so. Like ashley said, I hated the first one after a while, so I see no point in getting excited for the same mission.

DuRaL
Feb 5, 2010, 09:35 PM
It's really cool how people seem inclined to play MAG just because of the XP benefits.

"Hmm, what'll it be...less XP? Or ruining my experience in my free time... Fuck it, I WANT THAT XP, BRAH!"

this xD

Quatre52
Feb 5, 2010, 10:24 PM
what would PSO-World be with out people constantly complaining about the game.....i honestly dont get why most of you even play this game, you seem to really hate it o.O

Meta77
Feb 5, 2010, 10:42 PM
Lol Welcome to psu. Were your doomed to repeat the same missions over and over again ^^. Oh hi whitebeast......wait....what are you doing.....no get your foot off the repeat button.

Quatre52
Feb 5, 2010, 10:47 PM
thats been the story of PSO since the start....the difference is now its happening because the community simply chooses to play one mission.

MadDogg
Feb 6, 2010, 07:10 AM
thats been the story of PSO since the start....the difference is now its happening because the community simply chooses to play one mission.

Not really. On Ep1 and 2 on dav 10 xbox version, it was the norm. to do either a forest to ruins run, occasionally skipping caves cause it was boring, or doing a temple to seabed run/jungle to seabed run. Then, it was finished off with towards the future or the ep 2 equivalent.

You had a bit of parties that was non-stop towards the future, but if you made a game saying forest to ruins or temple to seabed, players were always down.

Its because of the stupid ass mission point system, and the difficulty of searching through every single seperate counter for the hope of finding other games that ruined PSU's gameplay. If sega makes a sequel, then the whole seperate lobbys/counters, and the whole mission point system needs to be scrapped. Just bring it back to PSO's simple set-up, it was perfect.

Mike
Feb 6, 2010, 07:38 AM

Towards the future!

Juza
Feb 6, 2010, 06:01 PM
Just bring it back to PSO's simple set-up, it was perfect.

By god it was not.

Party search. All PSU would've needed to be awesome in terms of missions is a single, simple feature.

Legendwolf
Feb 6, 2010, 06:47 PM
mag is awesomei get to lv a lot with my friends and see the servers back running

MadDogg
Feb 6, 2010, 07:18 PM
By god it was not.

Party search. All PSU would've needed to be awesome in terms of missions is a single, simple feature.

So what was so wrong with creating a game, playing, doing a mission to finish the party off, then creating another?

Its better then having 100s of empty lobbies that serve no purpose, since all everyone does is stick to the one lobby that has the best exp/mission point pay out, that can be beatin the quickest. The mission point system is ass cheeks.

darkante
Feb 7, 2010, 04:03 AM
I agree with the lobby thing. Bad idea from the start, might had been more fruitfull to make that just a change of scenery to chat as a choice.

Also, i donīt understand how people are excited for a event that has been out now for the third (fourth?) time. With no change of scenery or variety either.
If iīm to play PSU at these times, itīs for something else then XP since that idea is pretty laughable in a month if you donīt get to transfer your status.

No, just running through areas that i hadnīt given much thoughts too sounds better to me.

pikachief
Feb 7, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hey, atleast we got MAG again....so its a good sign we're getting updates.

And really, MAG isn't as bad as spamming White Beast.

I was tired of the first two MAGs, but that was over 1.5 years ago. So I don't mind it a 3rd time (yet).

Go be useful and lvl some buffs or something.

No its not its worse than White Beast. At least White Beast has different spawn and map variants! Also the maps are terribly designed maps with PSO skins!

I was bored to death playing MAG, so i popped in PSO and had much more fun on the same areas in that game lol

DuRaL
Feb 7, 2010, 10:33 AM
but MAG+ has 4 different areas, whereas White Beast only has one. Mag+ also has much more different types of monsters. And of course, the BGM is a lot better, too!

It's not the best event, and i really think 2 weeks would've been better than 6 weeks (perhaps they're buying time to get the sup. update ready for 360?), but it's better than nothing at all =)

Oh, and don't forget, you can still play White Beast if you miss it so much ^-^

pikachief
Feb 7, 2010, 08:20 PM
oh i never play white beast, but i still think its a million times more fun than MAG lol :) When I get bored of MAG i simply... play something else! :O

Xefi
Feb 8, 2010, 01:09 AM
When I get bored of MAG i simply... play something else! :O

"That's a great idea, dood!" :chicken:

DuRaL
Feb 8, 2010, 01:23 AM
oh i never play white beast, but i still think its a million times more fun than MAG lol :) When I get bored of MAG i simply... play something else! :O

yup, that's the best thing you can do with a game that "forces" you to play the same mission over and over ^_~

i usually play PSO or Lost Planet when PSU gets bored, and i can't wait for Lost Planet 2 to come out ;)

Delete
Feb 8, 2010, 11:02 AM
No its not its worse than White Beast. At least White Beast has different spawn and map variants! Also the maps are terribly designed maps with PSO skins!

I was bored to death playing MAG, so i popped in PSO and had much more fun on the same areas in that game lol

What's worst is unlike White Beast, Mag is way too long a mission to want to keep doing over and over. Sure I'll play it once, but then I'm bored after.

Arika
Feb 8, 2010, 11:27 AM
lol, MAG and MAG+ in JP were around 3-4 weeks :
even shorter, MALW (Maximum Attack Little Wing) is only last 2 weeks, and player couldn't make it to the mile stone atm.

But US MAG1(x2) were 8 weeks, and MAG+ was 6 weeks..
yes, it will... keep up with JP.. =_=

Delete
Feb 8, 2010, 09:42 PM
MALW (Maximum Attack Little Wing)

Holy Shit, there's another one? >_>

Powder Keg
Feb 8, 2010, 11:41 PM
It is boring running it over and over....but it's necessary to catch up, so I feel somewhat fortunate, in a very ridiculous way.

Arika
Feb 9, 2010, 03:46 AM
Holy Shit, there's another one? >_>
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/malw/
it is for PSPo2 tho

Orrefe
Feb 9, 2010, 05:21 AM
I don't know why people were so excited to re-subscribe when MAG+ came out [I mean, the posts that essentially said, "Waiting till Mag+ to resubscribe]. If you were bored of the game before, coming back to an event you've already played before [and was essentially still available to play for a long time outside event bonuses] has some... expected results, I'm sure. I don't even know why Sonic Team thought the PSO areas were a good idea in the first place :/

I'm more looking forward to the Arms Race event, that we... admittedly, probably won't get. Since I had stopped playing PSU for a year between my PC PSU playing, and my jump to 360 PSU, I hadn't exactly kept up on the JP updates, so I have no idea what other events could have occured. But they all must have been better than Mag+.

The only event I'd want to relive is the 1-Up Cup. Best.

stinkyfish97
Feb 9, 2010, 05:40 AM
personally I liked when they had firebreak, it was planet wide, so it really took advantage of some of the missions that some people normally would not play. To me that was the height of PSU, and then briefly after 1up cup was released was the second peak, the third peak will never come because most people have become so disinfranchised by the way things are run they will never come back and the game is too difficult to find to bring in a whole lot of new people to the 360 side.

The arms race and absolute zero seem to be great events that might just close out our servers, and truely bring on the end for us.

I think the biggest problem with MAG+ is with how the gameplay is, even with 4 people this mission is beyond easy, even soloing it is easy, the mission is completly to easy. Also the drop rates of items is ridiculous and half the expected drops, chain edge, flowens soul, and others were not added to the event. Basically another event that was run poorly. I dont even think they have GM's for this one. At least in previous events they had those. This should have not even been an event it should have just went staight to we are updating the mission at the counter to include S2. At least then we could have moved on to newer updates.

milka
Feb 9, 2010, 07:37 AM
lol I wonder who said that this event will ever save the servers... we needed updates not third time stupid event.

Delete
Feb 9, 2010, 09:42 AM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/malw/
it is for PSPo2 tho

Oh okay, that's reasonable then lol. I still won't be surprised when we get a MAG ++ though x)

xBULLYDOGG
Feb 9, 2010, 11:39 AM
If I'm correct it seems there's a display of hatred toward said event what we have, but just because it has been given to us, obviously means we all have to play it over and over right?

If you get bored of MAG, stop doing that mission, and if you say "well what one, white beast?" then go here > http://www.psupedia.info/Missions <
There's plenty of missions to do other than those two, and guess what, most of 'em even have better drops, are more fun and extremely replayable!

ashley50
Feb 9, 2010, 02:01 PM
try the other version of MAG on PS3...

Volcompat321
Feb 9, 2010, 02:58 PM
try the other version of MAG on PS3...

I played the Beta.
The game was okay.
I'm having tons of fun playing Battlefield Bad Company 2.

:D
I might buy MAG whenever I get extra money. (which will probably be a while. :/)

Gunslinger-08
Feb 9, 2010, 03:24 PM
The only event I'd want to relive is the 1-Up Cup. Best.

YES! Best event, imo.

bupjo
Feb 9, 2010, 09:06 PM
i love these ''I'M BORED WITH....'' threads.

simple solutions if one is bored: play something else, play other missions, play something else, stop playing MAG+, go outside and play, chill with your girlfriend.....

why are people making these threads complaining about being bored of something when they can simply turn off the game. bored of MAG+ yet people run white beast constantly. one will run white beast over and over, by the time you do that, it would be about the same amount of time you run MAG+ if mission length is one's concern. Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, and Bayonetta are pretty nice if people are so bored with PSU in general. it's pretty simple to me, stop complaining and do something else.

pikachief
Feb 9, 2010, 09:29 PM
When are they gonna fix the drops? I'll play it some more when the drops are well... ummm.... dropping!! lol :P

Delete
Feb 9, 2010, 09:55 PM
If I'm correct it seems there's a display of hatred toward said event what we have, but just because it has been given to us, obviously means we all have to play it over and over right?

If you get bored of MAG, stop doing that mission, and if you say "well what one, white beast?" then go here > http://www.psupedia.info/Missions <
There's plenty of missions to do other than those two, and guess what, most of 'em even have better drops, are more fun and extremely replayable!

It's more of the fact that we already had this event twice before. Let's cut the crap, it's the same freakin run with a + at the end. People are bored, but does any of those other missions that you mentioned above level you up as fast as this event? Hell No. So for the many people who are after xp, they don't have much of a choice if they wanna level up as quickly as possible.

why are people making these threads complaining about being bored of something when they can simply turn off the game. bored of MAG+ yet people run white beast constantly. one will run white beast over and over, by the time you do that, it would be about the same amount of time you run MAG+ if mission length is one's concern. Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, and Bayonetta are pretty nice if people are so bored with PSU in general. it's pretty simple to me, stop complaining and do something else.

This thread is about being bored of an event, not the whole game.

Powder Keg
Feb 9, 2010, 11:28 PM
Well, we were never actually meant to have the event twice. Besides, how else are we going to get the + exclusives? (Not forgetting the fact that the S2 Area drops aren't working correctly anyway...)

xBULLYDOGG
Feb 10, 2010, 04:54 AM
It's more of the fact that we already had this event twice before. Let's cut the crap, it's the same freakin run with a + at the end. People are bored, but does any of those other missions that you mentioned above level you up as fast as this event? Hell No. So for the many people who are after xp, they don't have much of a choice if they wanna level up as quickly as possible.

Well then they should not bash the event that we are given with "boring this" and "boring that" if it gives the most EXP but discuss why other missions do not have a good EXP payout. You wanna mission that has more EXP than white beast but is slightly longer, go to Awoken Serpent. You can even start S2s there at a lower level. Now when it comes to crackhead EXP what only evenst and rares can give you can't really say anything against it and expect anything to happen so basically what I'm saying is, what's the point of saying anything at all, yes everyone has a right to put foward their opinion(s) but negativity just leads to negativity. Events and WB shouldn't be the only reasonable option to chose to level up quickly I agree but at the end of the day no matter how high you hold your signs and no matter how many people you splatter against the building of SoA (just finished watching south park) they're not gonna jump to helping anyone really. Quite frankly I believe that most people should at least be happy that we get a "white beast killer" every now and then, and look on the bright side, it does bring the community together, for the duration of its life.

neilp4453
Feb 10, 2010, 05:22 AM
I'm actually have a better time than the first MAG. The first MAG, I spent all my badges on Chao Staffs because that and Pushans were the only worthy things in my mind. This MAG+, I can dump it all into the lottery to get some chevalier edges (fists and illuminus tags). Having those area drops would have done the trick.

But the biggest reason is TAing. Didn't TA first MAG nor did I event attempt to go for the SNG. Doing speed runs and picking up NPCs and having nothing to strive for is very boring. But I've been doing some TA runs with some people that I met up with and it has been a blast.

But I can see how MAG+ can get boring if I was just doing normal runs. I wasn't a huge fan of it the first time around...but events pick up the market so this is why I was waiting for MAG+ to show it's face.

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 10, 2010, 03:04 PM
lol, MAG and MAG+ in JP were around 3-4 weeks :
even shorter, MALW (Maximum Attack Little Wing) is only last 2 weeks, and player couldn't make it to the mile stone atm.

But US MAG1(x2) were 8 weeks, and MAG+ was 6 weeks..
yes, it will... keep up with JP.. =_=

Yeah, what most everyone fails to realize is that SoJ's servers did not have MAG2 and MAG+ was only a 3 week event for them, not 6 like ours. SEGA uses MAG as a way to avoid giving us content, plain and simple.

SoJ's servers had 2 other updates (one every 2 weeks) even during MAG+, well technically the 2nd update came 1 week after their MAG+ had ended. The point is that when we have major events they extend them for no valid reason other than to excuse themselves from providing us with additional updates.

Yes, MAG+ is boring because we have had MAG, MAG2 and now an extended MAG+. I can't wait for the reskinned version of MAG!

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 03:08 PM
JP has also had events for 6 weeks, just not MAG.
This recent one was 6 weeks, if I remember correctly.

Delete
Feb 10, 2010, 07:03 PM
Well then they should not bash the event that we are given with "boring this" and "boring that" if it gives the most EXP but discuss why other missions do not have a good EXP payout. You wanna mission that has more EXP than white beast but is slightly longer, go to Awoken Serpent. You can even start S2s there at a lower level. Now when it comes to crackhead EXP what only evenst and rares can give you can't really say anything against it and expect anything to happen so basically what I'm saying is, what's the point of saying anything at all, yes everyone has a right to put foward their opinion(s) but negativity just leads to negativity.

As you stated within your own post, we have a right to an opinion be it negative or positive. It's not like people are quitting the game because of this run, there just tired of it. Answer this next question for me.

How many runs of this can you do before you get Bored ?

Keilyn
Feb 10, 2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah ^^

People are so tired of this run and quitting this game that they have joined us in the Japanese Servers and making the claims "Why run the event if the aftermath is our characters going bye bye?"

So most I know are running the event for kicks and spending that time to recover what they lost either in psu-jpn or xbox 360. ^_^

DragonStriker
Feb 10, 2010, 08:34 PM
JP has also had events for 6 weeks, just not MAG.
This recent one was 6 weeks, if I remember correctly.

An event with multiple missions and MAG are a little different.

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 08:44 PM
An event with multiple missions and MAG are a little different.

Of course they are.
It's a lot different.

xBULLYDOGG
Feb 10, 2010, 11:34 PM
As you stated within your own post, we have a right to an opinion be it negative or positive. It's not like people are quitting the game because of this run, there just tired of it. Answer this next question for me.

How many runs of this can you do before you get Bored ?

Seeing as I know that;
1. As stated, no other mission will level my CAST as fast
1.5. The mission has a hugh EXP payout
2. The mission has allowed me to meet a great extent of new players including some PC/PS2 migraters
3. I actually enjoy running the mission because of the 4 stages and changing monsters
, I can run MAG+ a lot and not get bored of it. A number of runs I can't provide you with as I will level my character around 5 times, take a small break on the 4th floor and go back and level. It is everyones personal preference yes, but I don't actually get bored running MAG+

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 11, 2010, 12:36 AM
Seeing as I know that;
2. The mission has allowed me to meet a great extent of new players including some PC/PS2 migraters
3. I actually enjoy running the mission because of the 4 stages and changing monsters
, I can run MAG+ a lot and not get bored of it. A number of runs I can't provide you with as I will level my character around 5 times, take a small break on the 4th floor and go back and level. It is everyones personal preference yes, but I don't actually get bored running MAG+

Some gamers just have a higher tolerance for pain I guess. Seriously, how can any company expect gamers to play a single map for 6 weeks?! I know that you are not forced to run the event for the entire duration but then why make the event last so long?

Sure the boosted experience is nice and all but that is something that it not related to the event in any way as you can run any mission and get that bonus. So why drag this event on for 6 weeks when even SoJ's servers only had it for 3 and they did not even have to suffer through MAG2?

The answer to this question is sadly that it allows SEGA to neglect our servers further by not being forced to provide us with additional updates during the event's duration. Sometimes the truth really sucks.

xBULLYDOGG
Feb 11, 2010, 11:17 AM
Some gamers just have a higher tolerance for pain I guess. Seriously, how can any company expect gamers to play a single map for 6 weeks?!

I understand that some gamers don't have the tolerance of others, such as myself when it comes to this event but it's like I said. The only things keeping me running is EXP and the TA leaderboard what I'm hoping to get on the top 100 with a good group.

Delete
Feb 11, 2010, 01:50 PM
Seeing as I know that;

I also know that it levels you up as fast, hence my first post.

People are bored, but does any of those other missions that you mentioned above level you up as fast as this event? Hell No. So for the many people who are after xp, they don't have much of a choice if they wanna level up as quickly as possible.

I'm glad you can do the same run over and over and not be bored within the first 3 or 4 runs. I used to blame it on me not having time because of my job or other personal stuff, but that's not the case. I simply just don't wanna do the same thing over n over. At least other events have 2 choices or so to choose from. MAG is just 1 longggggggg run that I can't handle. It shouldn't be like people really need exp either, I know damn well half the people already have like 3 170's lol.

Some gamers just have a higher tolerance for pain I guess. Seriously, how can any company expect gamers to play a single map for 6 weeks?! I know that you are not forced to run the event for the entire duration but then why make the event last so long?

I agree with this 100%. Nicely said.

Meta77
Feb 12, 2010, 01:24 PM
Seeing as I know that;

And this is the reason the 360 servers were not closed and sega has not moved on to a new game is cause people who love complete pain....yea...

xBULLYDOGG
Feb 12, 2010, 08:08 PM
And this is the reason the 360 servers were not closed and sega has not moved on to a new game is cause people who love complete pain....yea...

Or, if that's a reference for the reasoning for the closing of the PC/PS2 servers maybe you can take into consideration that it's also because our player base is greater than theirs.