PDA

View Full Version : Locked PSU content On Disc

Red Ring
Feb 5, 2010, 09:50 PM
I remember that PSU had locked content on the disc. I remember when it was coming out and in demo there were closed areas that were supposed to be opened later on.

i dont know about you but i think thats reallllllly stupid to lock content on a disc and not release the full game. i hope they dont do that crap again. we know they are going to have expansions anyway. anyone else hate that crap and not want them to do it again like that?

HienkyakuX
Feb 5, 2010, 09:58 PM
Well that's one of the many problems that have psu were it is...death. Hope they have learn their lesson but the list is long.

Rust
Feb 5, 2010, 10:08 PM
i dont know about you but i think

I'm truly baffled to read such breaking news.

Quatre52
Feb 5, 2010, 10:11 PM
a little late on this, aren't we?

locked content is fine, its when its not ever unlocked that it becomes a problem.

Zarode
Feb 6, 2010, 04:05 AM
So, who was our Barubary for PSU anyways?

Zalana
Feb 6, 2010, 06:57 AM
I can't believe they still locked content from people... oh wait it's Sonic Team >_>

Kion
Feb 6, 2010, 11:02 AM
It was a way to simulate "updates" with the ps2. And yes it does suck that we`ll never see it.

Midori Oku
Feb 7, 2010, 02:20 PM
The sad thing is a lot of the stuff that is still locked on the disk will be added in GC missions. >_>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 7, 2010, 02:27 PM
The sad thing is a lot of the stuff that is still locked on the disk will be added in GC missions. >_>Not really, unless they start adding GC missions with the crazy test-map area (http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6338/psu20100128100944001.png). Other than that, I think dark-contaminated Granigs is the only area left that hasn't been used in PSU-proper.

Unless you mean the new weapons that drop in GC missions. Those are actually new content. There might be one or two previously unreleased AoI items in there, but the majority are actually new items, which is why you have to keep downloading patches.

Midori Oku
Feb 7, 2010, 02:31 PM
Not really, unless they start adding GC missions with the crazy test-map area (http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6338/psu20100128100944001.png). Other than that, I think dark-contaminated Granigs is the only area left that hasn't been used in PSU-proper.

Unless you mean the new weapons that drop in GC missions. Those are actually new content. There might be one or two previously unreleased AoI items in there, but the majority are actually new items, which is why you have to keep downloading patches.

There are a few [B]s that drop in the GC missions I believe

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 7, 2010, 02:41 PM
There are a few (Green Green Line?), but the vast majority of the drops are new items.

Delete
Feb 7, 2010, 08:45 PM
There are other games that have done this, first one that comes to mind is Resident Evil 5's Multiplayer mode which you had to pay to unlock even though it was clearly stated it was on the disk already. But before I get way off topic, It does suck. We should be getting new expansions by now, with new enemies and weapon types, not re-skins and the same missions/bosses. Something like this would be understandable to not have had on the disk itself already and I'd definitely download it.

Zeek123
Feb 8, 2010, 01:26 AM
Soul Calibur, Street Fighter IV, and I'm pretty sure every Need For Speed game in the past 2 or 3 years has been doing this as well.

I think it's detestable because it's content you already paid for. Even if someone isn't going to use RE 5's multiplayer mode, they should have the right to use it for free because they paid for it.

Kion
Feb 8, 2010, 03:56 AM
At the very least it should be printed on the box, "requires additional payments to unlock full content". Free mmos are one thing, but with retail games it should be flat out illegal.