PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth if it's not behind your ears you wash, make it your teeth!

Meyfei
Feb 10, 2010, 09:53 AM
Holy Hell!

Who knew a tooth could be lodged so deep into your gums like that!

At first i noticed my wisdom tooth was feeling weird, as if it were loose, well i go to the dentist to get it pulled. all i have to say is 1: it was rotted around the crown due to poor brushing. 2: HOW THE HELL DID THAT GET IN THERE! D: its as though a dog's fang got lodged into my gums, and thinking about the size of that things root, and my gums. deeeeeeeeep!

Dhylec
Feb 10, 2010, 11:22 AM
mine stupid tooth is rottin in there ;o

TalHex
Feb 10, 2010, 12:13 PM
I have a genetic defect or mutation or something, where I wasn't born with wisdom teeth, and will never get them...

Lamest. Super power. EVAR.

edit: still better then aquaman

Outrider
Feb 10, 2010, 12:26 PM
I was born with an odd number of teeth in the top row.

I'd say it's an equally lame super power.

Tetsaru
Feb 10, 2010, 12:40 PM
Mine are like... halfway through my gums, and haven't budged since. The dentist was worried that I wouldn't have enough room for them in my mouth, or that they'd mess up the braces/retainer work I had done, but so far I've been lucky.

Meyfei
Feb 10, 2010, 01:30 PM
i've fully grown all 4 perfectly by my standards, the one i had removed aswell was perfectly grown in, and didnt bug the other teeth.

Never wanted to get them removed to begin with but, this was to far rotted after seeing it.

I thought a wisdom tooth sat in your gums like the back teeth so when i felt the rotten area it felt as though it was like one of those back teeth were missing 2 of its roots... :/ if only.

Weeaboolits
Feb 10, 2010, 06:26 PM
I have an extra tooth that's chilling off to the side somewhere, it's not in the way of anything, so they said it can just be left to its own devices.

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 06:34 PM
I guess I've been lucky with my teeth.
They're straight, and white, and my wisdom teeth came in perfectly!

I'm assuming my wisdom teeth are in, because a few years ago(when I was 17-18 ), teeth came in, and I have no room left in my mouth to fit any.
(now that I said that, I'll get a cavity or something...)

Dragwind
Feb 10, 2010, 06:42 PM
I have all 4 of mine, but I think they came in at different times. I know they at least all hurt at different times. Within the past few months the last one must have came out, seeing as I couldn't eat much of anything and I was in pain for about 2 weeks straight. Wisdom teeth ain't no fun.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 10, 2010, 08:16 PM
Did they give you that water plunger thing?

That was an unfun pressure washing of the hole where the wisdom teeth were. I figured calling it a cavity might be wrong here, and make someone shudder about how many the dentist will say they have next time.

Then charge you $50 or more per. & then you know why you don't go to the Dentist that often. Collusion - you don't want to go due to pricing but going more often still might result in high pricing : more and more work they say you need.

Apple eating time, Doctor, whatever.

:flan: (we don't have an apple smiley?!)

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 08:20 PM
I love going to the dentist.
I think I love it too much. :o

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 10, 2010, 08:21 PM
Even that spit vacuum that hangs from your mouth?

The plastic thing they make you bite before X-Rays?

The general aftertaste of anything that you were trying your hardest not to taste anyway?!

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 08:25 PM
Even that spit vacuum that hangs from your mouth?

The plastic thing they make you bite before X-Rays?

The general aftertaste of anything that you were trying your hardest not to taste anyway?!

I never got any X-Rays, because as I stated earlier, I've been very, very lucky with my teeth.
The thing they make you bite is for braces, isn't it?
I've seen the moldings from friends before, and that doesn't look like it tastes too good.

The only thing I've had in my mouth were the cleaning tools, and the suction thing, and some cleaner/toothpaste. (which didn't taste too bad).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 10, 2010, 08:28 PM
So Mental Health care and Dental Health Care are in collusion too huh...

Its a spacer for X-rays that usually never stays unfolded, so it folds back on you and clenching it in the teeth too long = inevitable taste of textured plastic. Then its not very soft on the gums if you manage to have it rub over there too.

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 08:29 PM
Well, I've never had that experience. :o

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 10, 2010, 08:33 PM
Its quite a lonely room, usually in the dark and claustrophobic causing walls are closing in man.

So former Mental Health Professional Pat, get over there and save the scared-out-of-their-minds children!

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 08:36 PM
But....sometimes it's good to have nice teeth.
It's a pain that will help those kids later in life.

astuarlen
Feb 10, 2010, 09:15 PM
Its a spacer for X-rays that usually never stays unfolded, so it folds back on you and clenching it in the teeth too long = inevitable taste of textured plastic. Then its not very soft on the gums if you manage to have it rub over there too.

I swear the implement used by my dentist to properly prop my jaw open for x-rays is actually a cleverly disguised shard of glass. The roof of my mouth does not thank you, O practitioner of dentistry.
Also, I had all 4 of my fool teeth out, and I got the water syringe to prove it. What a lovely souvenir.

Nai_Calus
Feb 11, 2010, 12:35 AM
I had all four of mine out, but they were coming in perfectly fine. One had a slightly curved root, and that was the only one I felt coming out. They just numbed me with Novocaine, yanked, and then sent me home and I was fine a couple days later.

astuarlen
Feb 11, 2010, 12:53 AM
I had all four of mine out, but they were coming in perfectly fine. One had a slightly curved root, and that was the only one I felt coming out. They just numbed me with Novocaine, yanked, and then sent me home and I was fine a couple days later.

I'm sorry to say this, Ian, but you'll never get your story made into a movie at this rate. Audiences want suspense! action! conflict! plot holes!--not some boring "everything's great" tale of no great woe. Do you have any hairrowing barbershop experiences? We can call the film A Brush with Death.

Zeek123
Feb 11, 2010, 12:59 AM
I have 3 1/2 of my Wisdom Teeth lol. Bottom right's still coming in. Teeth are straight and white, and thank GOD I never needed braces. Never had any cavities or anything. Clean bill of health every dentist visit. Which is weird, because I pretty much run on Soda... I get to keep all my wisdom teeth too since I apparently have a big mouth. But anyway! I know I can't really "feel anyone's pain" for tooth issues, but you have my pity.

I hope you like it...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 11, 2010, 01:46 AM
I'm sorry to say this, Ian, but you'll never get your story made into a movie at this rate. Audiences want suspense! action! conflict! plot holes!--not some boring "everything's great" tale of no great woe. Do you have any hairrowing barbershop experiences? We can call the film A Brush with Death.
They hit me with the *gasp* Gas.

Only after affirming there would be a $50 charge for knocking me back, not mentioning that was only for the chair recline. My unconscious conscience would have made more of an effort to fight back had those devils and angels not been counting sheep on the Moon.

Blazing fluorescent lasers entered the iris, reaching the back of my eyeball sinew, making a loop to not fall off the globe that is the whites of my eye. Awakening power just as strong as the knockout gas - these guys are running a tip top operation - even if it was doing the exact opposite task.

First words came that "The EXIT was this way."

Staff was now working together to hurry a toothless man out of the building.

Why exactly? Are these Doctors of tooths in cahoots with some destination provided service? Then why the hurry up scoots?!

Drastic changes of lighting didn't help me figure out what was going on but it seemed to be the backdoor entrance. Usually not for exits unless hiding evidence or throwing out the trash. Trashmen, the lot of them --

TURN BOOK ON TAPE ON INTERNET WI-FI KINDLE RECEIVER OVER

PRESS REWIND SOUND EFFECT IF YOU WANT THEN PRESS PLAY/BUY/HELP/SCRLWHEL/PAGEUPDWN TO CONTINUE

astuarlen
Feb 11, 2010, 02:04 AM
Ah, I see your toothy tale would make an excellent addition to the conspiracy-thriller-slash-artsy-hallucinatory-trip genre, Haya. I'm glad they only removed your teeth when they knocked you out; it wouldn't do to lose an eye or a toe or a gallbladder.

My own wisdom teeth episode was somewhat less dramatic, I think. I didn't want to be gassed, but I was still anesthetized up the wazoo (my mouthular wazoo, natch). And since I had to wait a long while for the numbness to take hold completely, at some point before the operation began I had to use the loo. So I shambled, slack-jawed and drooly-mouthed up a couple flights of stairs to the privy--trying not to scare any other patrons with the saliva zombie thing I was rockin'.
Good times.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 11, 2010, 02:08 AM
Does sound that way. A sight to see for zombie action starved denting assistants (do they call body shop apprentices, denting assistants? They should try it sometime!)

Nobody informed me not to eat anything or what to eat after the procedures, after making sure I didn't eat anything before hand.

So by getting home and being left alone it was time to eat.

That chicken noodle battle was a fight of the ages, let me tell you. He just wouldn't go down! Mind of his own to exit the mouth continually on cue.

Alnet
Feb 11, 2010, 12:21 PM
They took out 6 of my teeth a few years ago, including all 4 of my Wisdom teeth. They used the knockout gas, and told me to count to "ten." I woke up at "four." It was the first time I've ever had my mouth absolutely filled with blood. It was also the first time I've ever lost a long track of time from memory. >_>

Now I can't stop eating people. :3 I guess that's how it's started. "It's gotten a taste for blood! Run!!" As for losing tracks of time... that's still scary as hell.