PDA

View Full Version : ****ing Snow.

Shadowpawn
Feb 10, 2010, 12:23 PM
Yay!

God I hate snow, it just snowed last Saturday. Why in the hell do we need MORE snow. My back feels like it's going to snap in half, and then I got to shovel shit (both in a metaphoric and literal sense) tomorrow too! Damn you Old Man Winter, DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 12:49 PM
Come to Florida, and live in my place, and I will go up to PA. and live in your place.
I bet you'll want to come back real quick.

Wait til the end of April though, when it gets super hot out.

Shadowpawn
Feb 10, 2010, 01:06 PM
I doubt that, heat has never bothered me. However I've always disliked cold weather, and I loathe snow.

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 01:07 PM
Well, you can only like 90+ degrees so much til you start to hate it. :p
Now, give me some snow!

Ketchup345
Feb 10, 2010, 01:29 PM
The snow got classes canceled on the day I like the most. Why couldn't we have gotten it 24 hours later?

Tetsaru
Feb 10, 2010, 01:36 PM
I posted pictures. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2448226&postcount=6) :3

Outrider
Feb 10, 2010, 01:48 PM
I actually love the occasional good snow. Then again, I've lived in an apartment all my life and have never had to shovel the driveway or sidewalk.

Plus, I don't have to do much driving today, so the messy roads don't bug me too much.

The fun thing is, despite there usually being upwards of 100 people in my office, there are only around 11 or 12 today, due to so many people either taking off or working from home.

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 02:20 PM
I posted pictures. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2448226&postcount=6) :3

I'm jealous.
I really hated when I moved down here, now I'm REALLY hating it.

I curse my mom for making me move everyday.

Powder Keg
Feb 10, 2010, 02:29 PM
I just had one the the craziest workouts shoveling out there just now. Did out back to clear a path to the trashcans, the front walkway, the sidewalk out front of my house, and two cars.

I know it's not going to stop until late tonight, but I wanted a head start of some sort. This is heavy stuff too, so it wears you down faster.

Kirukia
Feb 10, 2010, 02:34 PM
On the bright side no school all week so far xD
But seriously, its so windy out too, my back is going to break.
Poor east coast.

amtalx
Feb 10, 2010, 02:37 PM

Weaksauce. :p

I live right outside DC in MD, and were working on our fourth foot right now. The snow drift in my yard is taller than I am...

Tetsaru
Feb 10, 2010, 02:42 PM
Weaksauce. :p

I live right outside DC in MD, and were working on our fourth foot right now. The snow drift in my yard is taller than I am...

Yikes. When I took those pictures, it was about ankle-deep for me... I heard DC was getting a shitton of snow. Arkansas usually doesn't get a lot of snow, from what I've seen, but man, we had a bad ice storm last year - several areas were out of power for weeks, with all the lines and trees breaking under the weight of the frozen rain. =x

Kirukia
Feb 10, 2010, 02:47 PM
It's bad in MD. We got like 2 feet on friday/saturday we are still recovering from, and now we are getting like 1-2 more feet. Classes closed at 1pm on friday and I haven't had class since. Doesn't look like we'll have class tomorrow either. Its really windy here. There is nowhere to even shovel the snow D:

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 02:48 PM
:(:(:(
Quit making me sad.

I swear I'm moving!

Dragwind
Feb 10, 2010, 02:56 PM
It only just started to snow here about an hour ago. So far it's about 2 inches, and I hope we don't get anymore. The last storm was horrible to shovel. Thankfully we're only getting about 8 inches here...allegedly.

Powder Keg
Feb 10, 2010, 06:16 PM
I have to shovel the back walkway at least every few hours so the screen door doesn't get stuck. :X

Haven't seen anything like this since the blizzard of '96

SpikeOtacon
Feb 10, 2010, 06:23 PM
Another Marylander here. The blizzard we got over the weekend which dumped 2 feet of snow was pretty shit, especially since we had gotten a lighter, dustier snow a week before that and THAT snow wasn't done melting yet. Took my family and I a good chunk of the day to dig our way down the long driveway, only for today to come along and give us another few inches of lovin.

I love snow, it's just the shoveling part that kills me.

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 06:32 PM
Well, if anyone wants a guest to help shovel snow, and to eat your food, I'm up for it.

I love playing in the snow, and even shoveling it! (I know, I'd probably be sick of it if I had to do it all the time...but I don't!)

Delete
Feb 10, 2010, 07:07 PM
And I thought I was the only one getting owned with Snow. Snowed 3 times in the past week over here. I love the snow but hate the Black Ice that soon follows after.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 10, 2010, 07:07 PM
Just got stuck with enough snow this morning to make the walk to class treacherous. Then it all went and melted, and left the bitterly cold wind that has been the bane of being outside for the last week.

I love snow. I just can't stand everything else that tends to come with it.

Tyreek
Feb 11, 2010, 12:37 AM
I'm not going to complain much. With this, I have approximately an entire week off. And I'm nearly finished with my work. It's time to watch the snow fall.

Kirukia
Feb 11, 2010, 12:55 AM
Front Yard:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/neridah9/Snow2.jpg

Back Yard:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/neridah9/Snow1.jpg

You can see it's pretty much up to the fence.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 11, 2010, 02:36 AM
Damn you Old Man Winter, DAMN YOU TO HELL!
Better not try him, his white beard rivals Gen and Kill Bill's Pai Mei
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/OPP/old20man20winter20-20web.jpg
And if you think he only attacks rural castles
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/OPP/oldmanwinter.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Feel free to kill the superstitious messenger though:

http://www.groundhog.org/

Bill Murray did once or twice but he still came back.

Guess I retract my umbrella difficulty statements from BULLSHXT thread above in this forum.

And I thought I was the only one getting owned with Snow. Snowed 3 times in the past week over here. I love the snow but hate the Black Ice that soon follows after.
Yeah, that's something to always be wary of. Roads are going to look fine, snowplowed, and then skid row.

Vanzazikon
Feb 11, 2010, 02:48 AM
Well, if anyone wants a guest to help shovel snow, and to eat your food, I'm up for it.

I love playing in the snow, and even shoveling it! (I know, I'd probably be sick of it if I had to do it all the time...but I don't!)Just jump in a tub full of Ice if you want snow that bad.

Volcompat321
Feb 11, 2010, 07:18 AM
Just jump in a tub full of Ice if you want snow that bad.

That's not the same.
It's not like I've never seen snow, I just miss it.
I know what it feels like.
It feels like amazing!

Alnet
Feb 11, 2010, 12:26 PM
I didn't have to go to class yesterday, which was great, since it was the long day. Plus, today, my only class is at 3pm so I got to sleep in~

Thank you, snow~ <3

Kirukia
Feb 11, 2010, 01:11 PM
I'm off tomorrow. No school all week. Lol.

Leviathan
Feb 11, 2010, 03:57 PM
It's been snowing since 3 A.M.

8 inches of snow here, and that is really unusual.

We probably don't have to go to school tomorrow when it melts and ices over.

Vanzazikon
Feb 11, 2010, 04:35 PM
I didn't have to go to class yesterday, which was great, since it was the long day. Plus, today, my only class is at 3pm so I got to sleep in~

Thank you, snow~ <3Same here. I only have one biology class today at 3:00 PM and tomorrow is a holiday. ;o

Feb 11, 2010, 07:03 PM
I can not stand snow either. It makes it really hard to run and I'm just starting the important part of my training, so that kinda sucks. I went out and did an easy 6 miles, and just after that my legs were exhausted. We got a lot of snow here in central Ohio, and I didn't even get out of any classes either. I'll admit it does look nice at first, but when you're in the city and it gets all gray, it makes everything look so dirty.

Kirukia
Feb 11, 2010, 09:41 PM
Snow seemed like more fun when I was playing in it instead of shovelling it.

Volcompat321
Feb 11, 2010, 11:56 PM
Well, I have some decent news!
Central Florida is under a cold spell!
It will be decently cool outside, but kind of rainy all week!

The average temp will be around 50 degrees F. Not too bad compared to the typical heat.

I'm still very jealous of you all with snow.

Zeek123
Feb 12, 2010, 01:14 AM
I'm still very jealous of you all with snow.

So is Vancouver. DONATE YOUR SNOW TO THE WINTER OLYMPICS!!!

darkante
Feb 12, 2010, 06:48 AM
Snow snow, please go away.
I donīt like you anyday. D:

W0LB0T
Feb 12, 2010, 09:12 AM
All I can say is Ha! Ha! its summer time.

Shadowpawn
Feb 12, 2010, 11:42 AM
All I can say is Ha! Ha! its summer time.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

Kylie
Feb 18, 2010, 06:57 AM
It even snowed here. ...Yeah. 'Nuff said.

Volcompat321
Feb 18, 2010, 02:53 PM
It still hasn't snowed here, but we are still in the cold streak!
I'm fucking loving it!
I'm walking around in shorts and a t-shirt, while all the other "normal" Floridians are all bundled up and dressed for an Arctic winter!

It looks so weird. lol.
I've even had a lady stop me on the side of the road while I was walking down the street to my friends house, and ask if I was crazy, and if I needed a coat.
:D
But, still now snow. :disapprove:

Nitro Vordex
Feb 18, 2010, 11:59 PM
When it snows here, that's when you know shit got serious.

(It hasn't...not yet. )

Randomness
Feb 19, 2010, 12:02 AM
It even snowed here. ...Yeah. 'Nuff said.

Up here, what happens when it snows in the south is a running joke in my family.

Vanzazikon
Feb 19, 2010, 03:00 PM
It's too warm to snow here.

Shadowpawn
Feb 25, 2010, 10:11 PM
Guess what we just got. MORE SNOW!

asfhjkehrtjhekrjhekjhrkjheekj! *rage quit*

Firocket1690
Feb 28, 2010, 04:15 PM
Large image warning:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Firocket1690/180441292_9434_.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
.. That tree used to stand upright, at some point..

darkante
Mar 3, 2010, 01:13 PM
The snow piles just keeps getting higher and higher.
Soon, itīs gonna be like one of those cartoon where you go through snow piles for some reason.

Sinue_v2
Mar 4, 2010, 06:21 AM
I don't mind snow and ice so long as I don't have to go out in it too often. For as much as it sucks driving during a snow/ice storm, I gotta admit I kinda like the excitement of not knowing if you're going to make it home or if you can manage to drift into a ditch or if you're going to fishtail around into oncoming traffic. Haven't put my car in a ditch since just after high school, but that confidence tends to evaporate when the rear wheels break traction and you start going ever-so-sideways.

Otherwise, I love a fresh snow or especially the day after an ice storm that leaves a glimmering sheen of ice thickly encasing everything left exposed. It's like god's own wrath poured out upon the landscape in a breath-takingly beautiful apocalypse. But that only lasts a day or so. Once it's despoiled by footsteps, tire tracks, shoveled sidewalks, snow angels & sleds... it's just an ugly inconvenience to bitch about till the spring mud comes.

Sharkyland
Mar 11, 2010, 11:21 AM
I hate snow because of my job. -.-

http://www.sharkyland.org/storage/blizzard2010.jpg
Here's 33inches.

Blitzkommando
Mar 27, 2010, 02:31 AM
We had another dusting of that stuff last night through this morning. Most of it promptly melted away but areas that stay in shadow still have it. I'm sick of it and have been sick of it for a good while now.

Zeek123
Mar 27, 2010, 03:10 AM
Yeah! F*ck Snow!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/archive/1/18/20090111011254!FFXIII_CG-Snow-Villiers.jpg