PDA

View Full Version : JP Players - ?'s About Guardians Advanced Missions.

NiceOnes
Feb 11, 2010, 10:43 AM
Ok.

So from what I understand is that when playing these missions your level is reverted back to Lvl 20. All stats are reverted back to what they were @ lvl 20 as well I would assume. This means you're only able to equip lower ranked weapons and armors. How does it work if you're a master class and can only equip S-rank weapons however your stats aren't high enough to do so?

PepperCat
Feb 11, 2010, 10:48 AM
From what I know, since I haven't played the missions yet, you need to make sure your job level is at 20 so that your base stats are as high as they can be.

I'm pretty sure even stuck at level 20 with the job level at 20 you'll be able to equip SOME S-ranks (not the best ones but some of the 10* and 11* ones).

Right now on JP-side, the weapons that are usable in the /R missions go for TONS of meseta if they are 10/10s.

NiceOnes
Feb 11, 2010, 11:10 AM
I've been doing some calculations since making the OP. Using a level 20 Cast GM/FM(20) it would seem that there aren't any weapons that will be out of reach. Armor however will be a different story. A level 20 GM(20) will only have 56DFP which doesn't allow for a single S-rank armor to be equiped.... No armor = No Paradi. FM(20) will be able to equip some S-rank armors such as Serafi-Senba.

PepperCat
Feb 11, 2010, 11:13 AM
There's an ungrade for "Defense +" which will raise your base DFP so that you can equip those armors, but you'll have to play as a Forte-class to get enough AP to buy it.

Then I suppose once you have that customization you can go back to being a master-class.

NiceOnes
Feb 11, 2010, 11:20 AM
Interesting. This game is finally making me think again! I was incorrect with my previous post. Gunner types will have a hard time with armor but will have the required ATP to equip all their usual guns. FM will be able to equip certain S-rank armor however S-rank double sabers, spears and axes will be out of reach. From what I can tell early on Forte-Gunner will be the way to go however Paradi will be sacrificed in the early goings.

Volcompat321
Feb 11, 2010, 11:37 AM
Paradi may be strong, but there are other SUV's out there that can keep up with it, A rank, obviously.
:D

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 11, 2010, 03:29 PM
Interesting. This game is finally making me think again! I was incorrect with my previous post. Gunner types will have a hard time with armor but will have the required ATP to equip all their usual guns. FM will be able to equip certain S-rank armor however S-rank double sabers, spears and axes will be out of reach. From what I can tell early on Forte-Gunner will be the way to go however Paradi will be sacrificed in the early goings.

Gunners require ATA to equip guns, not ATP. They also have ample amounts of ATA available so most ranged weapons will not even be a problem. Fighters and ATP are another story entirely however.

For more information regarding the GUARDIAN's Advanced Missions, please refer to this site: http://www.psupedia.info/GUARDIANS_advanced_missions.

NiceOnes
Feb 11, 2010, 03:34 PM
Gunners require ATA to equip guns, not ATP. They also have ample amounts of ATA available so most ranged weapons will not even be a problem. Fighters and ATP are another story entirely however.

For more information regarding the GUARDIAN's Advanced Missions, please refer to this site: http://www.psupedia.info/GUARDIANS_advanced_missions.

Riiiiiiight.... Forgot about the gunner ATA thing. Gunna go recheck my calcs. Thanks for the heads up.

dingo123
Feb 11, 2010, 06:18 PM
Paradi will be useless cause it will get nerfed big time once the supplemental update comes

PepperCat
Feb 11, 2010, 08:48 PM
Paradi is not useless after the supp update, its just not as good as before.

They are trying to get people to play the /R missions, so thats why you can get the REALLY good SUV weapons from playing there.

Keilyn
Feb 11, 2010, 09:16 PM
[GAM]

Your stats are reverted to level 20

Missions have restriction like "no use of trimates" and other things. The enemies are tougher and give of more EXP at their level.

You may take any base stat GAS mod with you. Im currently trying to get ATP level 4 so I can run as a Caseal Fighmaster.....You need ATP level 4 in order to have enough ATP to hold S-RANK FM weapons.

Hiero_Glyph
Feb 11, 2010, 09:20 PM
[GAM]

Your stats are reverted to level 20

Missions have restriction like "no use of trimates" and other things. The enemies are tougher and give of more EXP at their level.

You may take any base stat GAS mod with you. Im currently trying to get ATP level 4 so I can run as a Caseal Fighmaster.....You need ATP level 4 in order to have enough ATP to hold S-RANK FM weapons.

Small note but your stats are reverted to character level 20, GUARDIAN's type level 20. For a full list of stats post Supplemental Update check out this site: http://www.amesani.org/psu/db/character/statsim.php. Just make sure to keep the server on Japanese PC/PS2 as this include the stat rebalance.

milranduil
Feb 12, 2010, 12:58 PM
I will add my 2 cents in that with Base TP Lv 4 (which you should get as a techer anyways lol) you can equip Kongora, Pushan, and Psycho Wand at 20/20. MF is pretty <3 for the missions IMO.

PepperCat
Feb 12, 2010, 01:48 PM
I will add my 2 cents in that with Base TP Lv 4 (which you should get as a techer anyways lol) you can equip Kongora, Pushan, and Psycho Wand at 20/20. MF is pretty <3 for the missions IMO.

Which is what I'm trying to do... Egg Theives B any1?

Keilyn
Feb 13, 2010, 07:55 AM
Just got my caseal FM into the GAM missions. They are so much fun...that is until World of Illusion /R annihilates the party with restrictions like "No Shotguns and No Charges" as a GM :P...Imagine...No Spears as a FM :'(

PepperCat
Feb 13, 2010, 11:07 AM
Well you'd still have lazers, dualies and rifles... but yeah no charges = abandon and restart. :p

pikachief
Feb 14, 2010, 12:27 AM
Abandon and restart? D: hmm i was just gonna bring like 8 lasers and 8 twin handguns lol

Gariandos
Feb 14, 2010, 12:34 AM
One thing I do know about them, is they each have unique restrictions. The farther you get, the more strict the restrictions become. These are missions where teamwork is a must. The caps aren't always at lvl20, it depends on the mission itself. The tough thing, is that if you get knocked out and your Scape Doll or a team mate uses a Moon Atomizer to revive you, it still counts towards your incapacitation count. At least that's what I think anyways, not 100% sure. I wish I was able to play them because they sound very interesting.