PDA

View Full Version : What I'm just sayin'

AC9breaker
Feb 13, 2010, 04:05 PM
Mass Effect one is a pretty cool game despite the shitty controls and stupid AI.

Sayara
Feb 13, 2010, 10:33 PM
Elevators

AC9breaker
Feb 14, 2010, 08:39 AM
wow just finished beating the game, last game that captivated me like that was Valkyria Chronicles, and MGS games.

Thats one badass ending theme.

Outrider
Feb 16, 2010, 12:02 AM
It is a pretty good game.

Having not played it in a while though, I think Mass Effect 2 might be the better game though.

Give it a shot if you can.

AC9breaker
Feb 16, 2010, 08:41 PM
Yeah thats the plan, however I'm planning on waiting till I finish all these console games. Got Dante's Inferno and White Knight Chronicles that still need beating. AVP just came out today on steam, then got Heavy Rain followed by FFXIII, Yakuza 3 and God of War 3. Once I'm done with all those games I'll pick up Mass Effect 2. Needless to say I'm pretty much good for games this year.

Might have to pick up Lost Planet 2, Battlefield 2:BC, and Splinter Cell conviction cause friends are urging me to play with them.

HeartBreak301
Feb 16, 2010, 10:23 PM
Thats one badass ending theme.
The credits are cool too I guess, but Final Assault is definitely one of my favorite tracks from the game. And for your listening pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U0VymOqNcs

Outrider
Feb 17, 2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah thats the plan, however I'm planning on waiting till I finish all these console games. Got Dante's Inferno and White Knight Chronicles that still need beating. AVP just came out today on steam, then got Heavy Rain followed by FFXIII, Yakuza 3 and God of War 3. Once I'm done with all those games I'll pick up Mass Effect 2. Needless to say I'm pretty much good for games this year.

Might have to pick up Lost Planet 2, Battlefield 2:BC, and Splinter Cell conviction cause friends are urging me to play with them.

Just trying to help you out.

I can help even more if you want - for instance, I'm not convinced that Bad Company is necessary in this or any universe. The demo was fun, but nothing you couldn't really get in any number of games.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 17, 2010, 12:30 AM
You could definitely come back to a Battlefield game a year or two later and have the community sticking around, to join several multiplayer games. So that's a game that doesn't necessarily need beating, now. Especially if they're egging you on to just be another cannon fodder.

You can be cannon fodder later.

Nothing wrong with getting games past their release date by a bit either.

$12.50 Left 4 Dead 2
$12.50 Dragon Age

Thanks Target!

Outrider
Feb 17, 2010, 01:59 PM
$12.50 Left 4 Dead 2
$12.50 Dragon Age

Thanks Target!

Holy crap - I would gladly purchase either of those for that price. PC or Xbox? Were they damaged or anything like that?

I'll have to keep an eye out at my local Target for random price drops like that.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 18, 2010, 02:22 AM
PC

Brand new sealed nothing wrong.

Console games don't seem to get the price drops, half clearance x2 stickers. Damn you XBLOX! PS3eez!

- SF4 $10 was gone when I went back, modding community has done some fun stuff with that version.
- Sims 2 with 3 expansions $5, Civilization 4 with all expansions $10, Making of version extra DVD was like $15

And 480 minutes of 1966 Ultraman action on DVD was $5, dude at the counter didn't even know what it was but figured they should make a new one of those by now. They probably have in Pokeyman mold - disposable income kids, not soo good campy value anymore.

AC9breaker
Feb 18, 2010, 10:40 AM
$12.50 Left 4 Dead 2
$12.50 Dragon Age

Thanks Target!

Yeah those are some great deals. Course I got L4D2 when it came out on steam.

AOn the subject of WKC though, it has a certain charming quality to it that I really enjoy. It's really casual yet hardcore at the same time, like Disgaea games. Dante's Inferno however, I'm starting to think should have been a game I should have skipped out on. It's not that it's bad but it's something I should not have rushed out and purchased what with all the other games already coming out. I was genuinely intrigued with the property and am having fun with the short time I've spent with it, but overall I think it was an impulse game buy rather then a calculated one.

I agree with you on the Bad Company thought too. The demo was hella fun but I don't think it's something I want. Same feeling with Lost Planet 2.