PDA

View Full Version : Nascar, crashing! -

Volcompat321
Feb 13, 2010, 10:15 PM
Well, my friend had some free tickets, so I went with him today.

I don't like Nascar, and have never watched it, but the event was awesome to watch in person!

There was a crash! :o

Thoughts?

Sayara
Feb 13, 2010, 10:27 PM
Theres always crashes... was everyone ok?

Volcompat321
Feb 13, 2010, 10:29 PM
Yea, everyone was fine. :D

I think there were 13 racers involved.
A few got knocked out of the race.
It happened pretty much right where I was sitting too!
They had to use the pit stop as a track for a bit, while they cleaned everything up, and got the cars out of the way.

My friend has tickets for tomorrow too, and this ones the big race apparently.
Not sure if I want to go to this one though. :p

It was super fun, and quite an experience!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 14, 2010, 01:20 AM
Danica Patrick 1st time being in the NASCAR got crashed, or crashed into...

Right?

Dale Junior, upside down.

So says Sportcenter.

Volcompat321
Feb 14, 2010, 12:53 PM
Danica Patrick 1st time being in the NASCAR got crashed, or crashed into...

Right?

Dale Junior, upside down.

So says Sportcenter.

Correct on the Danica Patrick. That's one of the names I heard the guys say when it happened. :p

I've never watched Nascar on TV or anything, so I don't know drivers by their numbers.

I just listened to the announcers and watched it happen.

Neith
Feb 14, 2010, 01:03 PM
Not Nascar, but I went to see the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) quite a few years ago at Donington Park in the UK. We'd booked a spot that was right after the starting straight, on the first corner.

In the first touring car race, there was a 9-car smash, right in front of us, and one of the other races (looked like Formula 3 cars) had a car's fueltank explode on our corner too. Thankfully, medics and recovery were on the scene fast and the driver wasn't hurt, but it was one hell of a spectacle.

The 9-car pile up was hilarious though, it was at low speed (being a tight corner), and ended up absolute insanity :lol:

Volcompat321
Feb 14, 2010, 01:17 PM
Wow, luckily there was no explosion here.
That would have been pretty bad, because the cars were all next to each other, cept for a few.

We had seats on the bottom, about 300 feet or so from the starting stretch.
It was so loud and awesome! Haha

astuarlen
Feb 14, 2010, 03:43 PM
Two words (and a youtube):
Monster Jam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_jm6uyeTFg&feature=related

Volcompat321
Feb 14, 2010, 04:02 PM
Monster Jam

Hey, I went to one of those shows last year.
I think it was in one if the Bowl fields.
Orange Bowl maybe.

I forgot.
I got invited to a show this year (was in Jan.) but I didn't go. :/

I should have, because the first time was an amazing experience.

Ketchup345
Feb 14, 2010, 07:21 PM
I was about to say, want to see crashes, watch Touring Cars, but Neith beat me to it. Plus I think Touring Cars are more interesting- more similar to cars you can actually buy and tracks that aren't ovals. Endurance racing on non-ovals is nice too (24 Hours of... events).

Not Nascar, but I went to see the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) quite a few years ago at Donington Park in the UK. We'd booked a spot that was right after the starting straight, on the first corner.

In the first touring car race, there was a 9-car smash, right in front of us, and one of the other races (looked like Formula 3 cars) had a car's fueltank explode on our corner too. Thankfully, medics and recovery were on the scene fast and the driver wasn't hurt, but it was one hell of a spectacle.

The 9-car pile up was hilarious though, it was at low speed (being a tight corner), and ended up absolute insanity :lol:Looking at Wiki, I am liking Donington's layout. Some nice sharp corners and decent straightaways. When will it be for download on Forza 3? >_>

W0LB0T
Feb 15, 2010, 04:22 AM
Isn't the whole point of going to the nascar is to see crashes. and maybe laugh at some rednecks.

Monster Jam

Monster trucks and pengy. Winning combinitation.

Volcompat321
Feb 15, 2010, 04:24 AM
Laughing at rednecks, definitely.

They are the weirdest people, I swear.
And there are soooo many of them.

Two guys were sitting next to me, and I believe I could taste their beer.
They were obliterated, when the race JUST started.

HeartBreak301
Feb 15, 2010, 02:38 PM
Damn, W0L beat me here, I can definitely see him driving one of those.

Neith
Feb 15, 2010, 06:56 PM
I was about to say, want to see crashes, watch Touring Cars, but Neith beat me to it. Plus I think Touring Cars are more interesting- more similar to cars you can actually buy and tracks that aren't ovals. Endurance racing on non-ovals is nice too (24 Hours of... events).

Looking at Wiki, I am liking Donington's layout. Some nice sharp corners and decent straightaways. When will it be for download on Forza 3? >_>

I'd love Donington on Forza 3. I'm not a big fan of the current UK track on there (Silverstone), but I've always loved the layout of Donington. I don't know if the layout you looked at had corner names, but I was in a visitor's box at Redgate, which if I remember correctly is the first corner after the start/finish straight. I've been a couple of times to see the BTCC, but that one year I mentioned was by far the best.

I'd like some more variety on Forza (without paying 400MSP a track!), I'm sick of people picking Sedona :lol:

Ketchup345
Feb 15, 2010, 07:30 PM
Top right map/pic on Donington Park's wiki page. It does label Redgate as turn 1. On the map, doesn't look like it needs to be too slow.

Is Sedona the one that looks like Arizona at sundown? If so; that is one of my least favorite tracks (as well as Amalfi Coast I think it is). I don't play online, so I'm unaffected.

Neith
Feb 15, 2010, 08:09 PM
Top right map/pic on Donington Park's wiki page. It does label Redgate as turn 1. On the map, doesn't look like it needs to be too slow.

Is Sedona the one that looks like Arizona at sundown? If so; that is one of my least favorite tracks (as well as Amalfi Coast I think it is). I don't play online, so I'm unaffected.

Yeah, Sedona has massive sunglare for a lot of the track, and corners after crests that you can't see until you're on them. I can't stand it, but it seems to be a really popular track online, as is Circuit de la Sarthe (which is fine, I love the Le Mans track). Amalfi Coast I think is one of the 'road' tracks? I'm not entirely sure, but if it's the one I'm thinking of it's first gear for most of the track :lol: The only track I struggle with MORE is Fujimi Kaido. Fine in a slow car, but I'm in a R2 championship that has that track in it. No idea how I'm meant to get past anyone in a widebody racecar on a track that can barely fit two cars side by side :disapprove: Anyway, I should stop talking about Forza, it's off topic :lol:

As for Redgate, when I watched BTCC it seemed like a slow corner (fast entrance but slow coming out of the corner), but I think the main reason is just how tightly packed touring cars get in corners. There's usually no more than a few inches separating each car.

Randomness
Feb 15, 2010, 08:18 PM
should stop talking about Forza, it's off topic :lol:

This is FKL, silly.

Neith
Feb 15, 2010, 08:23 PM
This is FKL, silly.

Trust me, I know you guys would rather talk about Nascar/Rednecks :wacko:

...Or just Rednecks.

Ketchup345
Feb 15, 2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah, Sedona has massive sunglare for a lot of the track, and corners after crests that you can't see until you're on them. I can't stand it, but it seems to be a really popular track online, as is Circuit de la Sarthe (which is fine, I love the Le Mans track). Amalfi Coast I think is one of the 'road' tracks? I'm not entirely sure, but if it's the one I'm thinking of it's first gear for most of the track :lol: The only track I struggle with MORE is Fujimi Kaido. Fine in a slow car, but I'm in a R2 championship that has that track in it. No idea how I'm meant to get past anyone in a widebody racecar on a track that can barely fit two cars side by side :disapprove: Anyway, I should stop talking about Forza, it's off topic :lol:I hate the minor kinks one "side" of the track has and there are 2 corners I can never get the breaking right on. Amalfi I think is the one that is 1st or 2nd gear all track in the town. Luckily in season play, Fujimi doesn't really come up much for me.

Anyway, the better event at Daytona happened in January- the 24 Hours of Daytona. Non-oval track, started with rain and puddles on the track, and 2 classes of cars at the same time (Daytona Prototypes and GT cars). Also, plenty of crashes.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 16, 2010, 10:36 PM
Forza doesn't have the Batman monster truck, yet.