PDA

View Full Version : PSU Are your characters as strong as they should be?

Aeris the techer
Feb 14, 2010, 10:57 AM
Yesterday, I came across a theory that may be very interesting. I have a character that has been on standby for well over a year now (in other words I haven't used it) but I have another character that is the same level (35), race, class (basic hunter), and gender. What I found to be most interesting is that, the old character was created in 2007, when the level cap was 90 and the new character was created about 5 months ago. Here's the thing, the new character has at least 2-6 points higher in each stat (including hp)!!! They have both been hunters since level 1 so it can't be that the class had anything to do with it. It is true that stats were lower on characters when the game came out 3 years ago, but the question is, are those characters as strong as the new ones today, which have the ability to go to level 170?
This is questionable indeed. If someone is in the same circumstance, please see if you can clerify this.

Volcompat321
Feb 14, 2010, 12:50 PM
The stats were lower, but if I remember right, they changed that during, or right before the 1up cup. (or maybe it was with AoTI)

Everyone got the boost, when you downloaded the patch.

I can remember screaming to my RL friends that I had well over 500 more ATP as a CAST FF.
It shot up pretty effin high, and when slicers came out, it was too much damage!

Can you provide screenshots of this?
If anything it's a glitch or something along those lines.

Aeris the techer
Feb 14, 2010, 04:33 PM
I'll be contacting a friend to see if he can get some shots of this for me. And I also thought too that they fixed something along those lines as well, because I remeber the slicers being too strong and other things like that, I just thought it was really weird how that could happen. I've got a friend leveling the same type of character from lv 1 today so he can tell me the exact specs. This is insane!

Volcompat321
Feb 14, 2010, 04:38 PM
I'll be contacting a friend to see if he can get some shots of this for me. And I also thought too that they fixed something along those lines as well, because I remeber the slicers being too strong and other things like that, I just thought it was really weird how that could happen. I've got a friend leveling the same type of character from lv 1 today so he can tell me the exact specs. This is insane!

Yea, slicers got a nerf, shortly after they came out.
It might not have been too shortly after though. I remember it taking a while.

What class/race/sex/level are you?

Also, use the stat calculator ( http://www.pso-world.com/psu-stat-calculator.php ) to see what they should be.

pikachief
Feb 14, 2010, 04:44 PM
yes, shortly before the expansion they did a pre-expansion update and they increased all the stats on everyone :)

And yes the slicer has been nerfed, but most things have been nerfed and boosted over the years :)

Keilyn
Feb 14, 2010, 07:42 PM
Yesterday, I came across a theory that may be very interesting. I have a character that has been on standby for well over a year now (in other words I haven't used it) but I have another character that is the same level (35), race, class (basic hunter), and gender. What I found to be most interesting is that, the old character was created in 2007, when the level cap was 90 and the new character was created about 5 months ago. Here's the thing, the new character has at least 2-6 points higher in each stat (including hp)!!! They have both been hunters since level 1 so it can't be that the class had anything to do with it. It is true that stats were lower on characters when the game came out 3 years ago, but the question is, are those characters as strong as the new ones today, which have the ability to go to level 170?
This is questionable indeed. If someone is in the same circumstance, please see if you can clerify this.

I started Keilyn during pc/ps2 launch and has all types at 20 as a female newman. The only character of the four I made after AoTI was released was Phoebe, a female beast.

Keilyn's stats on her types match pretty much all AoTI newmans...and if the stats were so different...then there would be problems in places like amenasi.org...Like I did a cross-comparison between amenasi and all of keilyn's types and there was not a single attribute off...

so It seems at some point the characters conform to AoTI and match the stats.

stinkyfish97
Feb 14, 2010, 09:51 PM
yes, shortly before the expansion they did a pre-expansion update and they increased all the stats on everyone :)

And yes the slicer has been nerfed, but most things have been nerfed and boosted over the years :)

Well technically the slicer is only nerfed to those who dont know how to use it correctly. I have had a lot of experience with these things and if you know how to use the ultimate correctly, you can get the first part of the attack to hit the same as the second part of the attack. I dont know if it is a so will not speak of it, but basically slicers are still pretty awesome in the hands of an assasain. As a FiG I was pumping out pretty crazy damage with that ultimate PA. At the time I did have 9-9 46% Kubiri-Hiken's though, and was being offered 35 mil for them, so it was a while back. :-)

Keilyn
Feb 15, 2010, 05:06 AM
Slicer is one of my favorite weapons...and it really becomes one of the strongest weapons in the game...specially in PSU-Japan where the damage seen coming from it is almost unreal compared to this version.

Of course, speaking of the twilight zone...Wartecher in PSU-JP is pure insanity..

Supp Update increased their stats
Recently most major WT PAs had power increases too
Most GC weapons have extremely high ATP and break new ground for Hybrids
GAS really increases power by tons....