PDA

View Full Version : Which Edel weapon did you pick?

Ryna
Feb 19, 2010, 09:22 AM
State the weapon you picked and your reason for choosing it. If you don't have all the required mats yet, select the weapon you plan on choosing.

I plan on picking up the Edel Arrow. Since the PC/PS2 servers are never going to receive the Supplemental Update, I'm going to switch from Masterforce back to Fortetecher. I'm going to pick the Edel Arrow since it the only weapon a Fortecher can use and it looks nicer than the Nasuyoteri.

darthplagis
Feb 19, 2010, 09:37 AM
i will be going for the ely sion, 1) for the ps history nod and 2) for the fact its better in stats and easier to get than a damn agito 'repca', seriously me and a friend have spammed the hive since we found out about it dropping (back in HSM days) and found NOTHING, Nothing i tell you!

just need to stop karen from the enevitable and ill be sweet!

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 19, 2010, 09:57 AM
I'd pick the Ely Sion if only Road to Rykros 2 weren't so difficult and if Karen stayed out of Megids and bad tempered Carriguines.

Aka
Feb 19, 2010, 11:04 AM
I picked the Fucil since it has the best practical use. I'd like the Arrow for my Fortetecher but there just isn't enough practical uses with it to make the most out of it. As for the sword, it would have been my second choice, but being limited to 1 element, it appears less practical to me.

Africa
Feb 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
i picked the arrow because it is the best in my opinion.It has a unique look and i can use it on my ft as-well as gt. Bows are one of my favorite weapons in psu so it was a given for me

Tyreek
Feb 19, 2010, 12:13 PM
I picked Ely Sion, as that was the option I decided to go for since the first mention of the update on the JP servers. I actually DID consider Edel Arrow, but I don't think it will compliment my play style.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 19, 2010, 12:16 PM
Well, my main's a PT, and I already have two solid swords, so I'll get the Edel Arrow, if I can get those mats before March 31st.

DAMASCUS
Feb 19, 2010, 01:18 PM
I'd get the Edel Fucil just because its the most practical but sadly I never would have gotten it anyway.

Getting an 'S' on the last mission would have been possible but there is just no way to get the Edel Harp with frame skip on. I had Road to Rykros 2 down to a science and there was still 20 seconds or more to make up and thats alot to trim off when you just ran a perfect run; or almost, as it were.

Powder Keg
Feb 19, 2010, 01:21 PM
I was thinking about the Elysion, but you can potentially get better swords as it's locked at 35% IIRC. I'll be going with the bow, as I currently don't plan on leveling rifle bullets again on 360.

Zorafim
Feb 19, 2010, 02:13 PM
Mm? You can pick these up now? That's nice to know, it really is. Not that I'm ever gonna get the motivation to grind up high enough to be able to get it, of course. Eh, maybe I can get a PSP2 version some time...

Mazarushi08
Feb 19, 2010, 03:11 PM
Definitely Edel Arrow. If i had gunner I'd go Fucil but i like Longbows. Ely Sion looks cool but there's no point withit being 35% only...get a higher % svaltus / kan yu grinded up a bit or even an ok repca and there you go, but thats just me :x

darthplagis
Feb 19, 2010, 03:42 PM
erm all these comments about better swords just because of element, no sword until soul banish even comes close for atp.

and with GC you will be to boost it to 40% and switch the element, BUT you will only have one obvioulsy.

stinkyfish97
Feb 19, 2010, 04:49 PM
Ima go for the sword. More classes can use S-rank swords than s-rank bows, sure the bow may be cool but like you said with GC this sword will be pretty tight. I actually think it looks better than the bow. The bow is akwardly big on all my tiny characters.

darthplagis
Feb 19, 2010, 05:39 PM
to be honest if the vapas shooter was not due for release with the supp update (yes i am hopeful i know) then id say i was getting the bow, but the vapas shooter is soooo sweet on psp that i have to have it on psu!

i just looked at the grind charts, a repca needs 8 or 9 grinds to come close to the ely sion at base 0/10, and the svaltus even 10/10 has almost HALF the ely sions base atp (891 to 1335 0/10). only the beefslayer welldone has better atp (1280 base 1629 10/10)
aoryu and bloody fluge both come close around the 1400 mark at 10/10

as for the bow the vapas will have better stats overall but will be lagacy of light only

the guns, the bringer rifle will be way better than the fucil at every grind and the arms race GRM rifle is also better than the fucil.

now the only question is can you wait for the supp update and will we get it!

Powder Keg
Feb 19, 2010, 09:02 PM
For those of you who haven't seen/heard them in action yet:

Edel Fucil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5j9aHAu62w&fmt=18

Edel Arrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qNQVuYNnug&fmt=18

Elly Sion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqYdKxeQhW0&fmt=18

Slayer76
Feb 19, 2010, 09:22 PM
got the Fucil because none of my characters can use a bow and i already have a 9/9 repca

also we only get the rifle for the arms race if GRM wins which they probably won't

darthplagis
Feb 19, 2010, 11:28 PM
i thought the winner got better stats on the weapon but you could get all 3?

but ither way if i did rifles it would be the bringer rifle all the way, im oldskool :)

stinkyfish97
Feb 20, 2010, 02:41 AM
Correction to my last post actually there are 3 classes that can use s-rank bows and 3 classes that can use s-rank swords. So its pretty even, unfortuanatly, using an S-rank bow on FT is just....no, I cant think of any circumstance where a bow is better than noszonde, nosdidga, nosmegid. Maybe for looks but otherwise. Sword all the way.

Roberto14
Feb 20, 2010, 03:03 AM
i got the fucil . the sion is 35 percent i was like ehhhh. and the bow would only be use to me if i go to fortetecher and i never use bows personally

i wonder if anybody has broken there edel weapon mines 2/10 its btter then a 10/10 elite by 1 atp im scared to grind it lol

stinkyfish97
Feb 21, 2010, 10:28 PM
I look at the stats of these weapons and here is what I come up with.

The Rifle (Edel Fucil):

Acc.: It is a 44.7% increase from the next best rifle (Elite) CALC 297/537*100-100
PP: It is 20% decrease in PP CALC 1846/1538*100-100
Att: It is a 13.1% increase in power CALC 850/984 * 100 - 100

The Sword (Ely Sion)
Acc: It is a 10.08% increase over the Agito Repca (if you count that as the best sword)
PP: It is a 22.9% increase in overall PP
Att: It is a 1.4% increase in power

The Bow (Edel Arrow)
Acc: It is a 42.5% increase over the Nasuyoteri (again subjective to if it is the best bow)
PP: It is a 4.1% increase over the Nasuyoteri
Att: It is a 16.55% increase in overall power

That is what I come up with for calculations, I am not going to comment on looks but assuming my math is good, it looks like any one of these weapons is good. Why did I break them down into %s when you can obviously just look at the stats and see which one is better than the best avaliable. Lets just say I did it to compare each weapon to its respective best avaliable counterpart therefor you can basically have an idea if they all break down the same way. As you can see they do not. The Bow has better overall stats than its nearest counterpart, the sword it is up in the air because it only is 35% element which even if you factor in GC and increasing it to 40% it is still just barely better than its nearest counterpart the Agito because a 50% agito would outdamage it does that make up for 22% more PP? i cant answer that, finally the rifle is the only weapon that had a decrease in its stats, well as far as PP is concerned, but overall its Acc and Att %s were good.

Some interesting things I have found though. Even a 1.4% increase in ATP for that sword can actually be pretty big, I mean Gravity break has a 400+x multiplier what that means is even 50atp increase with a sword will multiply into a 200atp difference which I have not done the calculation for but basically all that means is that you will hit harder. It still is a 1.4% difference though. Doesnt seem like a whole lot but some people like seeing as much damage as possible. Also I have not checked on variances on these weapons if someone could help me that would be great!

Maybe some of you can do it.

The formula is ( High Damage - Low Damage) and then divide by 5 also do not use zeros, criticals and do not use any PA's that goes for rifles and bows as well take off the PA's This will give you variance for the weapon. Also try to get a large enough pool, like 40 swings with the sword or 40 shots with the rifle and bow, just throw out the criticals and zeros and use the largest and smallest numbers. The PSUpedia list just isnt complete enough and this site doesnt even try to calculate them. lol. Since I cannot get all 3 of these weapons I leave it to someone else, I am sure that they have been calculated though, I just cant find them.

PepperCat
Feb 21, 2010, 10:49 PM
Just a note: Ely Sion DOESN'T need grinding for it to be good. Agito Repca sucks until it hits 5 or more.

I guess its clear which one I like... :p

Pep.

DPShiro
Feb 22, 2010, 05:29 AM
Picked up the Fucil, going for gold on a sunny day.

Volcompat321
Feb 22, 2010, 05:49 AM
Never had the chance to pick, because I quit a little bit ago.

I would have picked the arrow though, because I played FT a lot, and loved to be the healer, while doing damage.

The arrow looks better than the rest IMO.

Skorn
Feb 22, 2010, 10:24 AM
I will be picking the Ely Sion. Once Karen stops getting pounded against the walls by a Rucar.

Darkstar1023
Feb 23, 2010, 06:27 PM
Probably the Edel Fucil, its too hard to get a 10/10 killer elite

kaito40
Feb 25, 2010, 08:04 PM
the Ely Sion :D