PDA

View Full Version : JP server - need answers

siegdubhy
Feb 21, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hey there,
today I've started feeling that I really want to start PSU (PC), so I asked around and after getting my soul crushed upon learning that I won't even get to try PSU coz the PC servers are going down a sparkle of hope told me there is an alternative - the JP servers.
I can manage with katakana (probably like every MMO it has most main points like weapon types and some locations written in katakana), also my japanese hearing is not most tragic so I might be able to survive.
Thus I have some questions about the JP servers (sorry if the answers are somewhere in the forum already, I'm not that good at forum searching)

1. What are the prices (I probably need a JP game client, how do I get one [is it possible without shipping])? How would I go about paying the subscription (is credit/debet card enough)? How about getting AotI expansion?
2. Are there any english speaking guilds that would adopt me there? :P
3. Are all those awesome guides about everything PSU compatible with JP version as well?
4. Are their PC servers planning to die any time soon?

Just to make sure, I'm interested in the PC version.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Sieg

PepperCat
Feb 21, 2010, 10:47 PM
1. The game is downloadable, it costs $10 USD (roughly) to register the game and you get a 10 day free play period with it. It automatically downloads the entire game, expansion and all. The subscription can be regular credit card, WebMoney, NetCash, and some others.
2. There's actually a pretty strong group of importers, I've met some really cool people so far.
3. The guides are very similar, although there are a few minor differences (gaozoran aren't melee resistant in JP - PSU) and of course there are new missions out that NA/EU side hasn't even seen yet.
4. Their PC servers aren't that busy, because we don't log on when they are playing (12 hour time difference) but with the Guardians Cash system it doesn't look like its going anywhere fast.

I've been on it for a few weeks and I'm having fun already.

Pep.