PDA

View Full Version : How will Guardian Cash (GC) work?

stinkyfish97
Feb 21, 2010, 10:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any idea how it would work? I mean technically you do not need a gold membership to play PSU, so how will microsoft handle so many microtransactions on the live Marketplace? Im sure we will see some sort of GC just kinda confused on how they will implement it on the 360.

PepperCat
Feb 21, 2010, 10:43 PM
Microsoft said they will NEVER handle microtransactions on the live Marketplace, which is why quite a few Korean MMOs that were supposed to be ported to the 360 never bothered going through with it.

If GC is on the 360, the only way I can see it happening is by using the points system, like the prepaid that you can use for buying the mini-games and such.

darthplagis
Feb 22, 2010, 08:27 PM
sega may even implement it direct, through linking your GT just like a billing service for other mmo's.

it wouldn't take too much effort to implement in the basic sega psu site, just a secure transaction page that then credits the points to the main server via your gamer tag, that would bypass microsifts silly rule about repeated micro transactions.

but either way (sega site or live marketplace) would be fine for the people who would use GC

Keilyn
Feb 23, 2010, 11:11 AM
Or Sega may say

"You won't agree with us? Fine...no GC...we shall close down the Xbox servers, kthxbye"

Anon_Fire
Feb 23, 2010, 02:15 PM
All I can say is that maybe Microsoft Points will be used instead of Guardians Cash