PDA

View Full Version : Cant choose

Legendwolf
Feb 22, 2010, 03:32 PM
Ely Sion or ELY Arrow

PepperCat
Feb 22, 2010, 04:08 PM
You can use the Ely Sion with quite a few classes, depends which ones you play more.

I like the Ely Sion because its pretty unique looking for a sword, and the stats are amazing even at 0/10.

Volcompat321
Feb 22, 2010, 04:08 PM
I say Arrow.
Looks badass, and IMO is more useful than the sword.
(for me at least)

Like Pep said, depends which class you play mostly.

stinkyfish97
Feb 22, 2010, 04:12 PM
Depends on your play style. I mean both can be used by 3 class's. If your character is tiny like my character is the bow looks more like your using a rod. Also I have heard with Guardian Cash, if we get it, you will be able to bring the element of the Sion up to 40% and you will be able to change its element to any other element you like. That makes it a really good sword.

Personally though I would go with the bow because hands down it is the best, the Sion can be outdamaged by a 10-10 50% repca, yea I know unlikely that you will get one, but still, basically it all comes down to which you like more.

Toss a coin up and call heads or tails, both are great weapons.

neilp4453
Feb 22, 2010, 05:39 PM
I'd get the bow. It looks great, has a neat effect, and isn't as annoying as the rifle. Plus, I believe it has 1000 atp with 3 grinds which is awesome.

The sword is potentially nice. There are plenty of viable options for long swords (with kan yus being the best bet for casual sword users). Once de ragan slayer boards come out, there will be stiffer competition between that and the repca since both are awesome. And the sion ranks right up with these two swords so if you are an avid collector of expensive swords, then this might fit perfectly.

As stinkyfish said, GC it to 10/10 and 40% and you have a very nice sword on your hands.

Legendwolf
Feb 22, 2010, 07:23 PM
But if it breaks you cant get a new one is that correct ? well let see where fate takes me..

stinkyfish97
Feb 22, 2010, 07:44 PM
no you cant get a new one. But you can use Guardian cash to repair it. i think the way it works is if it breaks it goes back to 0-x lets call x eight, so you have a 0-8 weapon, now you grind it again and it goes to 8-8. What GC does is repeairs it by 1 so now the weapon is 8-9. I think it has to be maxed out to repair it but I dunno I would need someone to confirm that.

Legendwolf
Feb 22, 2010, 07:48 PM
Sweet , now i still need to choose Sigh*

Danny_Dark
Feb 23, 2010, 10:37 AM
Well It Doesn't Matter Or Not,...
In 5 Weeks Are The Items Gone...

Legendwolf
Feb 23, 2010, 07:19 PM
im on 360

Volcompat321
Feb 23, 2010, 07:26 PM
no you cant get a new one. But you can use Guardian cash to repair it. i think the way it works is if it breaks it goes back to 0-x lets call x eight, so you have a 0-8 weapon, now you grind it again and it goes to 8-8. What GC does is repeairs it by 1 so now the weapon is 8-9. I think it has to be maxed out to repair it but I dunno I would need someone to confirm that.

That's how it works.
The grinds have to be maxed in order to repair it with GC.
So you could get very, very unlicky and break it again going 8->9/9
Starting out with 0/8 again. :(
And from what I've been reading from Bobby and Keilyn, it gets very expensive.

Well It Doesn't Matter Or Not,...
In 5 Weeks Are The Items Gone...

Only for us Pc/Ps2 players. :(
lol.

unicorn
Feb 24, 2010, 02:47 AM
It wont really matter which one you pick, since all the Edel weapons get outclassed lol.

Ely Sion can be replaced with:
Agito Repca, Soul Banisher, Bloody Fluge, Beefslayer Welldone

Edel Arrow can be replaced with:
Poron Poron, Vapas Shooter, Velos Escudo

Edel Fucil can be replaced with:
Firearm (although not attainable anymore) and Bringer's Rifle

Sooo technically, Edel Fucil is the least outclassed of the three...

I personally would go with the bow though. Since its the prettiest IMO...

Legendwolf
Feb 24, 2010, 02:05 PM
Wow looks like the bows winning ^^;

Shang
Feb 24, 2010, 05:24 PM
Wow. the poll's split 50/50. I just got my Ely Sion, personally. My main is a GM but I'd rather not add a Fucil to a pallet that already has 3 rifles. No matter how good, I hate lvling rifle bullets. I also use my main as a FM occasionally so Ely Sion isn't so bad. I was thinking of get Edel Arrow for my Protranser but I can use Ely Sion for that class as well, so it was a toss up. In the end, I already made an Ely Sion and can't get the Edel Arrow. Good luck.

Legendwolf
Feb 24, 2010, 06:59 PM
Thank you.

neilp4453
Feb 25, 2010, 04:28 PM
That's how it works.
The grinds have to be maxed in order to repair it with GC.
So you could get very, very unlicky and break it again going 8->9/9
Starting out with 0/8 again. :(
And from what I've been reading from Bobby and Keilyn, it gets very expensive.

Only for us Pc/Ps2 players. :(
lol.

It is probably around a 25% chance (maybe less) to go from 8-->10. I'm sure a grind boost is the best time to do it though.

Wow. the poll's split 50/50. I just got my Ely Sion, personally. My main is a GM but I'd rather not add a Fucil to a pallet that already has 3 rifles. No matter how good, I hate lvling rifle bullets. I also use my main as a FM occasionally so Ely Sion isn't so bad. I was thinking of get Edel Arrow for my Protranser but I can use Ely Sion for that class as well, so it was a toss up. In the end, I already made an Ely Sion and can't get the Edel Arrow. Good luck.

I hate leveling them too..but the damage is nice on some bosses. But the real motivation was knockback...it is just awesome.