PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Returning to PSU

Farrmark
Feb 23, 2010, 05:38 PM
Hey everyone

It's been a while since I played PSU and having recently picked it up from work here in the UK for only £3.49!! I've decided to give it another bash :)

I have a very simple question though:

Do I need to download AotI to play online or can I still play without it?

If I need it I'll have to wait till I can afford the points as well as the GL, if not I'll just get the GL and maybe AotI later.

Looking forward to joining some of you soon for some looting either way.

:)

Zeek123
Feb 23, 2010, 06:24 PM
In short, no, you don't need to buy AoTI to play online. BUT, you'll miss out on pretty much any update, and won't be able to get into a lot of missions that the rest of the community will be running.

I don't own a 360, but by GL I assume you mean that "Gold Status" or whatever for XBLA. If that's what you're referring to; no, you don't need that either. You can stay silver and play online, granted you pay the monthly fee to Sega for playing their game.

Now whether or not you need gold to actually download AoTI, I have no idea lol. Maybe another forum member can help out?

Volcompat321
Feb 23, 2010, 06:30 PM
In short, no, you don't need to buy AoTI to play online. BUT, you'll miss out on pretty much any update, and won't be able to get into a lot of missions that the rest of the community will be running.

I don't own a 360, but by GL I assume you mean that "Gold Status" or whatever for XBLA. If that's what you're referring to; no, you don't need that either. You can stay silver and play online, granted you pay the monthly fee to Sega for playing their game.

Now whether or not you need gold to actually download AoTI, I have no idea lol. Maybe another forum member can help out?

I think he means Guardians License! :p

You don't need gold to download AotI.

Though like Zeek said, you'll miss out on a lot of stuff without AotI.
If you're only going to wait 1 month or less to get AotI, then it wont be that big of a deal.
I believe you wont be able to play the event MAG+ that's out right now though. Which you coming back from a long time away would probably profit from the most.
I suggest if you're still coming back, you ask to borrow some money until you can pay someone back. If you plan on staying a while, it'll be worth borrowing money for now.

Farrmark
Feb 23, 2010, 07:30 PM
By GL I did mean Guardian License :)

How long's MAG+ on for and can a new character take part?

I'm only going to be playing it online as I finished the offline game AGES ago when it first came out :D

Volcompat321
Feb 23, 2010, 07:42 PM
By GL I did mean Guardian License :)

How long's MAG+ on for and can a new character take part?

I'm only going to be playing it online as I finished the offline game AGES ago when it first came out :D

:D

Any player, new or old can play, as long as you have the AotI expansion.
MAG+ will continue until March 11th.
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20100218a

Professor Xavier
Feb 23, 2010, 10:09 PM
I came back after being gone for 1 year. I did not have to repay or buy AOTI again. If you bought it once before. As long as you have the same gamer tag. Then you should be able to redownload it. I downloaded it again after deleting it. I was not charged for it.

I hope this helps!

Farrmark
Feb 24, 2010, 03:07 AM
I've never bought AotI as I'm pretty sure I traded PSU back in once I'd gotten the 1000/1000 GS from it and cancelled my original GL.

The lure of the extra 250 GS, getting PSU for £3.49 and the fact that AotI is now only 800 MS Points is tempting me into getting back online......

:)

Farrmark
Feb 24, 2010, 06:21 PM
Well I've just got AotI for 800Ms Points so I guess I better get online as soon as possible to play this :)

Freeze
Feb 24, 2010, 06:40 PM
Feel free to give me a shout if you want a hand running MAG. My GT is in my profile.

Farrmark
Feb 24, 2010, 07:33 PM

Kinda surprised my character was still there!!

I'm going to start from scratch though, fancy being a Cast this time :)

Farrmark
Mar 29, 2010, 05:47 PM
Well, I've been playing for about a month in between work and being a Dad and I've got my Cast "Magnus" up to L29 so far :)

Grinding out missions and then flogging all the crap I find :D