PDA

View Full Version : PSU US/Eu Xbox and Pc/Ps2 update Feb 25-

Volcompat321
Feb 23, 2010, 05:38 PM
Since no one has made this thread yet-

Edward made a thread about items/ PA BOOST!
For those that care--

Attention GUARDIANS,

There will be a maintenance for this Thursday, Feb. 25th.

1. Item Issues

This will likely be a brief maintenance in order to address an issue which was discovered with several items. As noticed on the forums, a number of items had an error which caused them to be incapable of being traded or sold. This will be fixed this Thursday. The following items are affected:

* Ragan-Ragan (Double Saber)
* De Ragun (handgun)
* Deathrain (machine gun)
* Lumirus / Wall (armor unit)
* Yamata-Misakic (Board)
* Parum Fountain (My Room goods)

[B]2. PA Boost Issues

Unfortunately, we recently discovered that the Photon Art Boost was not added as expected during the MAG+ update.

This was an error, and on behalf of Sonic Team, our apologies that this was not included in the event as announced. This will be fixed, and the new date for the Photon Art boost will be:

March 12 - April 23rd

I do apologize for this, and for not having it available during the event as originally announced.

Tyreek
Feb 23, 2010, 06:16 PM
Strange... I thought the PA Boost was only in effect outside MAG+. Oh well.

Max B
Feb 23, 2010, 06:44 PM
Lol I knew there was no pa boost

Chibi_psu
Feb 24, 2010, 01:32 AM
I was right about the pa boost lol... it was impossible that there was a boost...it took too long to level buffs

Danny_Dark
Feb 24, 2010, 08:07 AM
Are We Really Need This Anymore...?,
SEGA Is Wasting Time On PC/PS2 ?

Volcompat321
Feb 24, 2010, 08:08 AM
Are We Really Need This Anymore...?,
SEGA Is Wasting Time On PC/PS2 ?

It's for both Xbox and Pc/Ps2.

Remember the 360 server isn't closing, yet.

Deragonite
Feb 24, 2010, 09:17 AM
They are still drip feeding us updates, even when we're on our deathbeds.

Error my butt. The lack of a PA Boost was "an accident" so that they can add minimal/no content from March 12th - April 23rd.

This is just like how they split up so many of the earlier updates.

Volcompat321
Feb 24, 2010, 09:21 AM
They are still drip feeding us updates.

Error my butt, this was intentional so that they can add minimal/no content from March 12th - April 23rd.

This is just like how they split up so many of the earlier updates.

Yea, that's what people are saying, and it's starting to really seem that way. :p

I keep bringing up this question on the other forums, and I'll say it over an over-
How long does the 360 server have under these conditions?
I bet it's less than a 8 months if things stay the same way.

Either way, it's nice for some people to know they aren't crazy, and imagining no boost for PA's.
I honestly didn't notice either, but then again I only played for 2-3 hours total until I gave everything away.

Astarin
Feb 24, 2010, 09:22 AM
April 23? That means they've pushed back the closing date too, then. Servers were originally scheduled to close March 31.

And when did the Parum Fountain become available? I can't find any drop information on this item, anywhere.

Volcompat321
Feb 24, 2010, 09:23 AM
April 23? That means they've pushed back the closing date too, then. Servers were originally scheduled to close March 31.

And when did the Parum Fountain become available? I can't find any drop information on this item, anywhere.

I think the April 3rd was for the 360 server.
As far as I know, the date for the Pc/Ps2 closure hasn't been changed.

Don't know anything about the deco. :o

Ryna
Feb 24, 2010, 09:38 AM

Edward mentioned the PC/PS2 servers will only receive the PA exp boost for 3 weeks since the servers are still scheduled to shutdown on March 31st.

Travo9485
Feb 24, 2010, 10:23 AM
Why are we still discussing pc/ps2 if the servers are about to go down. They're finished so don't waste any of your time trying to figure them out. Instead use this thread to discuss 360 issues and debate.....it would be more worthy of your time.

ChibiBecca
Feb 24, 2010, 11:44 AM
But those of us on the PS2/PC servers don't want to discuss the 360 issues as we don't play on those servers. :p

I'll just take this news as another kick in the teeth from Sega. ^-^

Cranberry
Feb 24, 2010, 01:45 PM
This surprises me. I thought the PA boost was in affect. It felt like my PA's were leveling faster. It was all my imagination though. Mind over matter I guess.

easy123
Feb 24, 2010, 04:53 PM
WHEN DID Parum Fountain COME OUT

Powder Keg
Feb 24, 2010, 05:13 PM
I was right about the pa boost lol... it was impossible that there was a boost...it took too long to level buffs

This is when I noticed something wasn't right. Starting over again, I really wasn't able to gauge the rate of my PAs leveling up too well (bullets and striking) but when I got to techs, I was saying to myself that this was taking too long.

Personally I like having the PA boost separated from the event. We can focus on everything MAG has to offer, then PAs at another time (including 6-person buff parties instead of 4 with a possible 5 in MAG)

Splash
Feb 24, 2010, 05:15 PM
I guess it would explain why my Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Retier would take so long to level... that's just funny.

itellthetruth
Feb 25, 2010, 02:05 PM
Edward claims that PC/PS2 servers may get some other bonuses too (it is further down on the thread in the official forums). But we all know how good Edwards' claims :(.

Astarin
Feb 25, 2010, 04:28 PM
Oh, no date extension after all. Lame.

So still no info on that fountain, huh? PSO-World lists it as "Not Obtainable through Legitimate Means", and PSUpedia lists it as "Unavailable on the regional servers". I've liked this item since I first saw it offline, so I'd love to get a Parum Fountain at the end.

Perhaps someone who can read moon runes can decipher the JP wiki?

Shou
Feb 25, 2010, 05:01 PM
PSU does not exist in NA/EU anymore.

ThEoRy
Feb 25, 2010, 10:27 PM
Personally I like having the PA boost separated from the event. We can focus on everything MAG has to offer, then PAs at another time (including 6-person buff parties instead of 4 with a possible 5 in MAG)

The PA boost was supposed to be active in all of psu. not solely limited to mag. So technically you should've been able to have 6 man buff parties anyway. Should've.

neilp4453
Feb 26, 2010, 12:53 AM
The PA boost was supposed to be active in all of psu. not solely limited to mag. So technically you should've been able to have 6 man buff parties anyway. Should've.

I know a lot of us have been playing under the impression that there is a boost (well I was always skeptical), but we are essentially confined to the event. By this, I mean the best chance of drops is in MAG+ due to the boosted rates.

Events (due to the high drop rate) always speed up the market. Out of event, nothing moves because casual players just don't have the meseta to buy things...but events help with that. Why on earth would anyone run anything else unless they are bored out of their mind? And I have to say, the previous MAG event didn't have this many great drops so it makes it even tougher to stay away.

I've leveled up my fire and light lazer elements due to Seed Express and Sakura Blast but I need to work on the other elements. Since it is separate from MAG+, I will be able to focus my time on those missions. I love armas lines, but I have yet to see one drop at Seed Express. I love millas, but I have yet to see one drop at Sakura Blast. I love Killer Elites, and I have gotten 3 already and seen 6 drop (none from Dark God S2 either). 'Nuff said.

Africa
Feb 26, 2010, 02:06 AM
isn't that the reason ppl run white beast? mag+ is ok but it gets annoying and old really quick.I've also managed to make over a stack off non event runs so you can still capitalize elsewhere.The pa bonus would've been nice with mag+ but oh well now.

Quebe_Lae
Feb 26, 2010, 02:23 AM
>< I didn't realize there would be an update tonight. Poooooh. Oh well. I'm looking forward to some PA lvling before the end of the world.

neilp4453
Feb 26, 2010, 02:29 AM
isn't that the reason ppl run white beast? mag+ is ok but it gets annoying and old really quick.I've also managed to make over a stack off non event runs so you can still capitalize elsewhere.The pa bonus would've been nice with mag+ but oh well now.

Well White Beast has some decent drops, but the drops are not boosted (nor is experience). You could do 10+ runs and not see a single board drop (possibly more).

Same with whatever you made a stack on. If you were hunting adahna units, armas, lines, red lines, vijeri/resists, and sorts...you could well do 50+ runs and not see any of them. If you made all this stuff in a short period of time without putting in the runs, consider yourself lucky.

The point is, I am a fan of this PA boost being late as I don't have to take away time from MAG+ unless I choose to.

The only event I have gotten bored of prior to my PSU career is the original MAG. For some reason, I really haven't found MAG+ too boring. I'm pretty sure TAing for the first time has to do with it as well as there being much better drops to look forward to.

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 26, 2010, 02:34 AM
I knew it!No PA boost :( Rifle PA's are i think the hardest ones to level. and i was going to spend a whole day leveling them..oh well i still might...:-D

Dragwind
Feb 26, 2010, 03:03 AM
It seems like I totally forgot about this. I was playing when all of a sudden... boom. Title screen.

Splash
Feb 26, 2010, 03:05 AM
It seems like I totally forgot about this. I was playing when all of a sudden... boom. Title screen.

lol me too. And at first I thought it was just my connection. Turns out it wasn't when I couldn't get back on.

Powder Keg
Feb 26, 2010, 09:25 AM

True, but during MAG you're really not going to be able to find many people in other places. And now I dont have to split the time if I want to level my attack techs or whatever else solo anymore.

Quebe_Lae
Feb 26, 2010, 01:43 PM
And it's down again? T_T I was just about to try some Sakura Blast runs with my boyfriend.

ThEoRy
Feb 26, 2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I hear what you are saying. And I'm not disagreeing with you. I was just commenting on your buff party comment. I'm not promoting playing outside of mag or anything but if you're just tryin to do a buff party then yeah go do it outside mag.

And as to the question of,
Why on earth would anyone run anything else unless they are bored out of their mind?

Maybe they are level capped and just need to level buffs?

Again I'm not taking either side, I'm just stating the obvious.