PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Zeroes

NexusCreid
Feb 25, 2010, 12:46 AM
I have this idea for a project called "Phantasy Star Zeroes" and wondered what y'all think. It's a parody of the game with a group of misfit heroes that eventually through misfortune and comic mischief save the day.

The character development stage is where we're at right now, and are asking fans of the game to give some insight on who they'd like to see as the main party in the project. Here are the latest ideas:

RAmar - Pansy, Weak, Uncool, eventually saves the day
HUcast - Strong, outgoing, main character
HUnewearl - Fan Service
FOnewm - Dark Horse
HUmar - Generic main character
RAcaseal - Cutesy
FOmar - intellegent "outsider", related to HUmar
FOmarl - love interest for main character (HUmar), keeps everyone in line
HUnewm - Attention grabber (HUnewearl alternate)

I'd have y'all vote on which characters you'd like to see as the cast! If you want to go as far as including weapons and equipment they use, their Dressing Room attributes, or even a good name for them, that would be extremely helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 12:48 AM
I vote FOmarl because it's my favorite class ;p
I'm not sure what you really want me to put here o-o
I think it's a funny idea. Do you want suggestions or just opinions?

zeital
Feb 25, 2010, 01:11 AM
RAcaseal - Cutesy add, kinda dumb and clutzy (ie. the one that always gets confused and trips on everything) (can't spell ><) thats how i see my RAcaseal

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 01:14 AM
I see my FOmarl as fun and snappy, but also intelligent and pretty.
I see my HUnewm as silent but kind. He looks like he doesn't care, but he's a softy xD
I see my RAcaseal as someone whose beauty betrays their personality. I remember in PSU Lou talked about CASTs not having feelings, so I like to think of her as very blunt.
I think she'd make a good clutz too as zeital suggested.

Volcompat321
Feb 25, 2010, 01:23 AM
I say a Fonewearl.
They are beasts when it comes to awesome, and they could also be in there as a "tough" fan service.

They can be hot, and strong, and they have boobs!

:p

Good name would be Sieno! (I pronounce it "See- en- oh")
(jk, unless you want to use it)
That's a name I made up for my Fonewearl (or magic/elf ranger) in any game I play.
Originally just for PSU, but I started using the name with everything I play that has a female character.

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 01:31 AM
^Well every story needs a loli xD

zeital
Feb 25, 2010, 01:36 AM
hmm well if we r going into wat i think my chara's r i sorta have nicknames for most of them now but also what i feel that they r like

Zhai my HUmarl, is a gunho out there and in your face kind of person, using the Daggers her nickname is the Oreo Assassin.
Rien my HUnewearl, the layed back of the bunch, with tech spamming she is known as my Fuild Drain
Igi my RAcaseal as i said b4 kinda dumb and clutzy but really likes to shoot things, um nickname mayb Twin Fire cuz i can’t come up with anything better
Grail my HUnewm, compensator (enough said)
Zei my HUnewearl, smart tomboy-ish no nickname as yet 0o
Noiya my FOmarl, quiet and composed, ether Black Maid or Slice n’ Dice for her nickname

I should really get around to getting a sug made of my Chara’s it would make alot more sense with the nicknames i have for then 0o

YutoGenai
Feb 25, 2010, 01:57 AM
I always knew my cast of characters had a persona, I just didn't know if I should let others know...

~Zero~
I feel that my Hucast is a muted Calculator, solves all problems, but gets more bad mouthing than praise. His only companions are a Traveling Ranger who might have a homicidal urge to constantly clean her Yasminkov M95, and a near-schizophrenic Force who he fears might be more dangerous than the girl.

~Halire~
My Ramarl feels like a Genocidal Trigger-happy sharpshooter who has a penchant for Things with big floppy ears... And wishes to love them so much that they must die by HER HANDS ONLY. This including the Newmans (Male and Female Respectively)

~Liang~
And my Fonewm looks like the kinda guy who would enjoy a good book but is always bugged by some random Girl with a very big gun and is the ONLY person to irritate him to no end to the point where he has to talk/vent his frustrations to the nearest thing that, according to his logic, has no real disposition or opinion about anything, a red hucast.

~Story~
All three are a traveling band of Hunters from Dairon who were "asked" to leave due to their extreme and over-the-top shenanigans on how to finish the job. One fine example was When exploring the Aftermath of the Eternal Tower Fiasco, the Protection Squad a.k.a. our "heroes" decided that the Tower excavation was taking too long, so Halire thought "Let's Bring the Tower to US, ORA!" And with one well placed Divine Ray at the Super-structure of the Tower! ... After Cleaning up Half of Dairon City from Half of the Eternal Tower falling on them (No People were harm, but one very disgruntled, purple cast would like to talk to them concerning some flowers...), The Mayor told them, that in order to pay for the damages to the city, the tower(?) and his hair, the three would have to explore around the world having to find meseta and treasures worth over 9000M Meseta! Reluctantly, our now-exiled team must go out to other towns, discover new lands, treasures, and things to explore and do it all before Mayor Dairon is reminded of his bad fashion choices.

Feel free to use this in your little fan fic from hell, just try to include me please. Anyways, enjoy and good luck. Btw lemme know what your thoughts are...

zeital
Feb 25, 2010, 02:08 AM
^ hah thats a great story

mid Knight
Feb 25, 2010, 05:19 AM
Mmm I can't decide, I think I vote for Ramar since you spot on with Ramar playing wise. I would like to heard well read more about the theme or style. I know you mention it's a parody but the theme can still be different. Depending on the overall theme then you know which chracters will be the main.

zeital
Feb 25, 2010, 07:09 AM
oh well i do like HUmar as the Generic main character, i mean cloud's hair much?

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 09:01 AM
Just please don't name the HUmar Sephiroth Dx

Opodomus
Feb 25, 2010, 10:28 AM
HUnewearl - Fan Service

Her name is Raine and she is evil. By evil, I mean she's hot and she knows it. She flaunts it and then bites the head off any guy who remarks on it. Let's face it, the more you can't have it the hotter it is.

OnnaWren
Feb 25, 2010, 11:49 AM
Bwah! What, no HUcaseal? -_-

Chaos Rappy
Feb 25, 2010, 11:51 AM
Sorry, I couldn't think of anything for the HUcaseal that would really keep her apart personality-wise. : /

However, if you want, she can probably be an athletic and outgoing type, or something like that, although that may be a little like the HUcast a bit... I dunno. I just couldn't think of anything for her. >_<

Akumamaru
Feb 25, 2010, 12:11 PM
a-attention grabber? ; A ;

NexusCreid
Feb 25, 2010, 01:23 PM
@ Kirukia:
Okay, we have a vote for the FOmarl! Just your interest is help within itself, but suggestions and opinions are also welcome!

@ Zeital:
...and a vote for the RAcaseal, with a few more characteristics added to her! 'preciate it! Ooh! And names! Those are very helpful! It's easier to remember someone if they have one, ya' know? You also like the HUmar as a main character? Noted! (By the way... there is only one Sephiroth. But... it'd be funny to see a HUmar with a long sword on top of a burning building...! Parodies ensue!!)

@ Volcompat321
As for the awesomeness... that is not something that will show until the end for any character, as they are always screwing up in one way or the other... but since I've played Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier, I think I can come up with a fair share of "boob" jokes! E'heh!

@ YutoGenai
Heh! My personal characters, Nexus the HUmar and Creid the FOnewm have an intricate and intertwining story that explains why they are the way that they are and their motivations for constantly hunting down hostiles, so don't feel alone... it just means you have a good imatination! And don't worry, I'm keeping track of everyone's ideas and their names will be in the credits!

@ Mid Knight
One vote for RAmar! Oh, and if you want an example of the script, I'll put it at the bottom of this post!

@ Opodomus
A vote for the HUnewearl, Raine. She's a Mar-eater!

@ OnnaWren
The characters in the original post are just some initial suggestions given to me last night, so feel free to include your own! The party will be singled out to four main characters, though (with one mysterious FOcast tagging along...!)

@ Chaosmaster00
Don't worry! It was your initial character ideas which has fuel the embers of this board! Your contributions are well-noted!

@ Akumamaru
Attention-grabber! You know, the person who always has to make a flashy entrance, strange pose, drawn-out monologue... ect!

---

I appreciate all of your votes and ideas! If you have any more, keep 'em comin'! Oh, and here is something I whipped up last night while gathering info!

FOcast: (Stares down enemy) In your FOcast... I see HAIL!! (Casts ice spell, freezing enemy)
HUmarl: You need to work on your one-liners. If you're gonna say "I see HELL!!", you should use a fire spell.
FOcast: I said HAIL, not HELL....!
HUmarl: ...and another thing. Just because you claim to be a FOcast does not give you to right to punish that name to death with your... your...
FOcast: ...puns?
HUmarl: .....
RAcaseal: Um... you guys... the ice melted like 10 seconds ago?
FOcast: Okay, how about this... (Turns to enemy) I'm about to bring... the cold front! (Casts ice spell again, refreezing enemy)
HUmarl: Please, lay off the meteorology references!
FOcast: You know, I've been sensing a bit of atmospheric pressure from yo-
RAcaseal: (Smacks FOcast with gun, hard)
HUmarl: Thank you...!
RAcaseal: Don't mention it.
FOcast: (Stumbles to his feet) ...w-what was that...?! My... my head is all ...foggy... cloudy, even.....
RAcaseal, HUmarl, and rethawed Enemy: .....

I look foward to hearing more from you!

YutoGenai
Feb 25, 2010, 01:44 PM
Just please don't name the HUmar Sephiroth Dx

No, Better idea! Make a Over-egotistic character Named "Sephi" who's always angry at why others mock him as a hunter with a PINKAL ID. He then sets out on a "QUEST OF VENGENACE AND JUSTICE" to solidify his pink-supremacy by trying to either thwart or overpreform the heroes in a epic fail kinda way.

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 02:00 PM
No, Better idea! Make a Over-egotistic character Named "Sephi" who's always angry at why others mock him as a hunter with a PINKAL ID. He then sets out on a "QUEST OF VENGENACE AND JUSTICE" to solidify his pink-supremacy by trying to either thwart or overpreform the heroes in a epic fail kinda way.

He found out about the crazy letter system that created his ID and decided to take his vengence out on humanity for making him a shameful pinkal hunter xD
I think we just created the main characters arch-nemesis.
Anyway my suggestion was about the RAmar. Since he seems like the odd one out anyway, he should have a thick southern accent, to poke fun at the stupid cowboy hats that seem to be the best head option for them.
I think it would also be funny if at one point the FOmarl puts a big butt pad thing on, like they had in PSO. And then they make fun of her for her fashion choice, possibly saying something like "It's so (date of PSO's release)."
I feel like such a nerd.....

NexusCreid
Feb 25, 2010, 02:19 PM
You know, I forgot to mention that we will need rivals and villans as well, so feel free to brainstorm on those type of characters! Just be sure to mention somewhere that your character is a hero/villan, ya' know?

As a tool to help you in filling in those blanks, I have developed some text that you can copy and paste! Don't worry, if you have already contributed an idea, I will fill in the blanks and post those characters later tonight. Here is my character, as an example:

Name: Creid Kun
Race: Newman
Class: Force
D.O.B.: August 12, 1992
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140lbs.
(Humans and Newmans Only)
Hair Color: Blue
Eye Color: Brown
Skin Tone: Dark
(Casts Only)
Frame Color 1:
Frame Color 2:
Frame Color 3:
Weapon: Draw Sky Survey
Equipment: Ancient Robe
Mag: Sig
Dislikes: Fighting (unless a cute chick is around), silence
Summary/Bio: Creid is a distant cousin of Nexus, a hunter who took on Mother Trinity, yet he is completely oblivious to it. Their ancestors were that of a human and newman who were seperated by the events that preceeded the Great Blank. Two centuries later, fate has Creid travel to Dairon city to help quell racial tensions between humans and newmans. Though he jokes a lot and can seem somewhat absent-minded, his friends and peers come first. As a younger and less-experienced Force, he would often be found half-dead on the battlefield. "It's only a flesh wound" he'd say as he charged up his Alresta to heal those close to him. He knows that he can't do it alone, so he does what he can to make sure the whole party comes home after a mission.

Of course, you don't have to fill in every single detail, but the more you add, the closer that character will be to becoming a member of the team! As soon as enough are fleshed out, I'll begin a proper vote to see which characters you want in the project!

Just copy and paste the text below, then fill in any ideas you may have for a character!

v v Begin Copy v v

Name:
Race:
Class:
D.O.B.:
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Skin Tone:
(Casts Only)
Frame Color 1:
Frame Color 2:
Frame Color 3:
Weapon:
Equipment:
Mag:
Summary/Bio:

^ ^ End Copy ^ ^

Kirukia
Feb 25, 2010, 02:35 PM
Name: Luna
Race: Human
D.O.B.: May 21, 19 years old (year depends on the year it's set in)
Height: 5'9"
Weight:
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Purple
Skin Tone: Has a light tan
(Casts Only)
Frame Color 1: -
Frame Color 2: -
Frame Color 3: -
Weapon: Rod- White Disaster
Equipment: Noble Cloak
Mag: Purple Femini
Likes: Being right, socializing, compliments, showing off her magical prowess and healing powers.
Dislikes: Pain, arrogance, when people doubt her, rappies.
Summary/Bio: Luna is the twin sister of Kirukia. They are fraternal twins who have a newman father and human mother both of considerable strength and renown. After a bitter fight their parents gathered support and fought a battle. Luna and Kirukia took up arms against their father, and in the end they lost their mother. Both are on a secret quest to find and extract their revenge on him, and travel with the group in hopes of finding him. Luna's upbeat personality sharply contrasts her twin brothers quiet demeanor, and their presence together exaggerates both of their personalities, though both are very close.

OHHH SO DRAMATIC!
Anyway if you'd like I can list a bio for Kirukia and Celestia. I assume I don't need much of a summary though since Luna and Kirukia's backgrounds are generally the same.

King_Yoshi42
Feb 25, 2010, 03:04 PM
RAcast
Personality: Sidekick. While the hunter main character is a fighting, this tank comes in with his trusty bazooka, shooting missiles from behind. Also serves as the "tank", to stand in front of weaker characters to take damage, while guns blazing.

Has the "Optimus Prime" look.

YutoGenai
Feb 25, 2010, 03:39 PM
I feel like a little noob again in Gaia or some nonsense lol! *nostalgia'd*

Name: D.O.N. - 002 ver.014 / S.N. Identification "Zero"
Race: Cast
Class: Hunter
D.O.B.: A.U.W. 31XX
Height: 191.2 cm
Weight: 142 kg

(Casts Only)
Frame Color 1: 3
Frame Color 2: 5
Frame Color 3: 3

Weapon: Clair Doubles/Rage Tonfa

Equipment: Hunters Shell - PP Recov/ PA Compress/ PA Save

Mag: Ansul (Like I'm gonna post Radam? That's crossing into Mary-Sue Territory...)

Likes: Efficiency, His Comrades, and a little Red Locket he keeps to himself.

Dislikes: War, Losing his comrades, Irregular Hostiles, Misplacing that Locket, and
Magnets.

Summary/Bio: Little is known about D.O.N. - 002 ver.014 a.k.a. Zero, he was found very shortly after the Great Blank in an old research facility that had seen better days. According to the historical databanks from the Mobius Operandi Paradigm (M.O.P.) that Zero was some sort of Cheif Executive of a Public Defense Force under the Name, "Echelon - 01". He and two other units were the Trinity Project's Personal defense unit incase of Irregularities were occur whether they were an external affair or internal, Zero and his team were the first and last line if anything were to go awry. During the Project's halfway point, Zero, a Cast became close to protecting a Fomarl, Major Lab Technician. Dr. Zephra A. Carrlet a young newcomer compared to her more later associates, she was the sole programming technician for Mother Trinity and the Mother Unit in the Eternal Tower. The envious scientist were outraged that a mere child could outpreform them all. After sometime, the scientist schemed to summoned a legendary creature capable of taking over Mother Trinity and setting lose the world asunder. Despite Carrlet's pleas to deter Zero from his duties, he and the legendary Hero set forth to combat Trinity, only to have just the Hero to return... What happened between the time of Zero's Disappearance and his awakening no one knows.

^This is just for Zero... I'm cooking another one up for Halire next...

YutoGenai
Feb 25, 2010, 04:10 PM
Name: Lieutenant Joanna M. "Halire" Carrlet
Class: Ranger
D.O.B.: December 21st, A.U.W. 3291
Height: 145.3 cm
Weight: (CONFIDENTIAL)

Hair Color: 3
Eye Color: 5
Skin Tone: 3

Weapon: Yasminkov M95/ Celesta Laser/ Chaos Cannon

Equipment: Noble Cloak - PP Recov/ PA Compress/ Tech Save

Mag: Lassi

Likes: Guns... Really big and powerful guns, Big-floppy-cute ears, explosions, and fine literature...?

Dislikes: Big-Floppy-cute ears, Seeing her team or anyone in pain and not enjoying the explosions with her, contradictions, puzzles, and Giant Air Conditioners...

Summary/Bio: The Daughter of Senoir Vice Captain of Halcyon City, just 23.4km SSW of Dairon City. A lonely and cold girl at times, but masquerades it with her violent and carefree nature due to her mother passing away from a violent Hostile raid that left only 10% Cast and 30% Humans alive. After the incident, her father, Captain Commander Garuda Schwarzrite had trained her daughter to use a weapon and had given her proper CQC training to defend herself incase the worst event imaginable occurred. Although Halire had no say in this matter, she utilized this training to contemplate her revenge on whatever ravaged her land and took her mother away. So, one day, against her own father's orders, she went AWOL and left the still-rebuilding city and became a rouge huntress in search of the Hostiles... Or Hostile... It is also known that in memory of her mother, she remains to keep her mother's maiden name, Carrlet.

^Not sure I put enough background into this one, but its all I could think up at the moment... Next and finally, Liang...

Tolly7249
Feb 25, 2010, 04:18 PM
Here, you can borrow Jenny, seeing as how my Legacy fanfic is a.) taking AGES to write and b.) hosted somewhere else anyways.

Name: Jenniferr 'Jenny' Kain
Class: Ranger
D.O.B.: A lady never tells
Height: 5'5"
Weight: *points at D.O.B.*
Hair Color: Blue-black
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Tone: Tanned
Weapon: A handgun with Flame Shot (She likes the Radiant)
Equipment: Chef's Apron with HP Restore and PP Restore
Mag: Maray
Dislikes: Chatty Forces, Usanny swarms, stupid people trying to be clever, Sarisa
Summary/Bio: When asked about her past before she reached Dairon, Jenny just tells people that it's none of their business. She must be from somewhere with more recovered technology than Dairon, though, because she seems able to use almost any device that the explorers and hunters dscover, and can fix most of the broken ones too. She's sarcastic to the point of being downright catty, has a low tolerance for B.S., and a strange soft spot for a certain easily-annoyed Newman...

YutoGenai
Feb 25, 2010, 04:45 PM
I like this one... ^

But I'm getting a subtle hint at something and I don't think poor Liang can manage...

Name: Alphus "Liang" Orivus
Race: Newman
D.O.B.: July 18th, A.W.U. 3288
Height: 178.2 cm
Weight:75.03 kg
Hair Color: 3
Eye Color: 5
Skin Tone: 3

Weapon: Gigas Romulus/ Emerald Tablet/ White Disaster

Equipment: Spirit Garb - Tech Save/PP Recov/ Compress PA

Mag: Arkharz

Likes: Books, Ancient Arts (Both Mystic and Marital), His Dexterity with Chop Sticks, Botany, and Peace & Quiet

Dislikes: Loud Noises, Constant banter, Monotony, Not having anything to read,
Being stalked by odd girls with guns... Big Guns...

Summary/Bio: A hermit if there ever was one on Arca, Liang who during the Trinity Fiasco held no personal view on either side, the resistance or Trinity herself. He was as well informed of the events around him but took no action as he saw it not to his interest. When Arca was liberated and communications had restored back down to Coral, Liang had just finished reading an in particular incomplete entry in the Mobius Operandi Paradigm log networks, an incident having to do with a an early settlement just 23.4km SSW of Dairon City. The data suggest nothing happened, but upon going to the outskirts of the city and finding it in such disarray proved otherwise. "Why was this not noted?" he asked, as he wondered if it was not recorded... On purpose. There was a conspiracy somewhere amongst the aftermath of the Trinity Events and it must be in the Eternal Tower that he had just recently heard about. Aside from being a hollow bastion to test the steel of the hunters, but it also serves as a memory databank according to witnesses and seasoned veterans of the Tower's challenges. So there he Returns to Dairon and asks the City's Mayor for special clearance to excavate and siphon the data from the ruins. With as much curiosity as his hairstyle, he assigned two Hunters to the Quest, a Hucast and Ramarl...

^10 points to anyone getting ANY references I might have sneaked in there. Also, I tried my best in intertwining all three character's stories together... I hope I did a good job...

YutoGenai
Feb 25, 2010, 05:14 PM
Ow... My head hurts after typing/thinking some of that... I wonder if Hideo Kojima felt this way writing the script for MGS... Nah, I doubt mines or anyone elses little tale would be THAT fucking confusing...

Anyways, if I get good marks from OP here, I'll go into brainstorming some bad guys and maybe a nemesis or two.

zeital
Feb 25, 2010, 05:46 PM

sounds like a good HUnewm to me they come in a pickish colour :P

Chaos Rappy
Feb 25, 2010, 05:51 PM
I have an idea: a rival Hunter team to the main cast's team! That way, you can throw in some extra characters from the list for them and it won't be missing too many personalities... but I dunno how much of a parody of PSZ that may leave in the end. :P

zeital
Feb 25, 2010, 06:22 PM
Oh and...

Name: Xgi (said like igi [ "i-gi" my chara] but with a X)
Race: RAcaseal
Class: Mech Gunner
D.O.B.: unknown
Height: 5"3 (same height as me :P Shorty I know)
Weight: very heavy, she is metal after all :P

(Going off the dressing room)
Head Type: 1
Body Colour A: 1
Body Colour B: 3
Body Colour C: 3
Voice Type: 1

Weapon: Riverman Missouri (I really like these Mech guns XD)
Equipment: Mobius Plate 4 Slot W/ PA save Lv3, Compress PA and Divine/Power x2 (for more bang)
Mag: 100 Power Blue Radam (even more Bang)
Dislikes: small rocks, and big words

Summary/Bio: From when she woke to an annoying person yelling at her asking if she was ok sleeping in the middle of the of the winter forest (yea I was just taking a nice nap~) and getting dragged along into Dairon City she has retained a certain joy for shooting at things. Due to her only knowing her name and shooting things she get very confused when people start to use Big words or talk fast, but she is a bit of a dunce to start with :), but when given clear instructions will get the job done with more than a little overkill on the side. As such she enjoys long walks in the Vally and a good old bish bash with the big hostile inhabitants of Earth and the Moon. She is also very clumsy and often trips over things but always manages to do and epic roll out of it.

^^ oh yea did i forget to mention she likes shooting stuff :P

Chukie sue
Feb 25, 2010, 06:45 PM
Name: Ryuzaki
Class: Hunter (male)
D.O.B.: 2-1 xx varies on whn this takes place
Height: 5"9 (with shoes)
Weight: 150lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Shifts between blue and green.
Skin Tone: Somewhere between pale and tan.
Weapon: Morgenlote - Milias Breaker
Equipment: Noble cloak - PA sae LV 3 - Compress Pa - PP recov 5 - Divine Power
Mag: Blue Radam
Likes: Jokes, takin' it easy, Mountain Dew, shorts, feeding mags throughout the level.
Dislikes: pants, arrogance, people who cant take a joke, idiocy.
Summary/Bio: Is usually quiet, although, can easily hold a conversation. he has compassion towards his enemies, but will not hesitate to cut them down if need be. Has giving spirit. Is ALWAYS feeding mags and holding up the other teammates! Has a tendancy to resta instead of using mates, usually resulting in death! His friends wonder if the reason he is always feeding mags is to raise the sync that he loses so often! He also has natural talent for most everything he trys, this often annoys his friends thus damaging their relationship, so he often holds back what he can really do for the sake of friendship.

Okay, I put some thought into that :P

NexusCreid
Feb 25, 2010, 09:01 PM
So far, I have many contributors and a handful of votes! And as such, I would like to thank the following contributors for their thoughts:

ChaosMaster00
Chukie_sue
King_Yoshi42
Kirukia
Mumblypeg
Opodomus
pc360
sniper1847
sumweeaboo
Tolly7249
YutoGenai
zackyStyles
zeital

(I hope I didn't leave anybody out...!) These people have amazing ideas and I believe that among them will be the protagonists, antagonists, rivals, and supplementary characters for project Phantasy Star Zeroes! Among the first thirteen contributors, there are over 20 different characters! I am working on compiling the details of these characters so that you may have a better idea of each.

Yet, at the same time, it is never too late to add a god idea for a character, joke, plot twist, ending, alternate ending, ect! The focus at the moment is the main characters, and those that surround them to some extent, but material is always needed!

For instance, I was looking at an entry and noticed the signature said:

"Originally Posted by SquashDemon
a Ranger: Stand far away. Shoot. ??????? PROFIT!"

That line can be expanded on in so many ways, ya' know?

So, though a great amount of work has been done (thank you!), there is much yet to do! This is already turning out to be a fun and potentially awesome project!

YutoGenai
Feb 25, 2010, 09:53 PM
I see Halire being a Villain in the near future...

I see Liang being a Sub Character for comedic relief in the near future...

And Zero? Well... He'll make due with what the producer does to him.

NexusCreid
Feb 26, 2010, 01:47 AM
After looking over the submissions, things look like this:

Xgi - RAcaseal
Raine - HUnewearl
Liang - FOnewm
Luna - FOmarl
Gunther - FOmar
Ryuzaki - HUmar
Danny - HUmar
Zero - HUcast
Fabio - HUcast
??? - RAcast (King Yoshi)
Undertow - RAcast
Jenny - RAmarl
Halire - RAmarl
??? - RAmar (ChaosMaster00)
??? - HUnewm (ChaosMaster00)
Sumweeaboo - FOcast

(Some names are nicknames, the owner of the contribution, or just not named yet.)

But, as I was going over the data, I thought it might be a good idea to gather up a few more characters and have a Dragon Ball style tournament to see which characters will be the main heroes! All of the runner-ups can be rivals, guests, side-characters, and villans! (Of course, if your character falls into one of these roles and that is not okay with you, please say so!)

Moreover, this could be the prologue explaining how the main characters were thrust together... a Chapter 0 if you will. Like "Every year in Dairon City, a great tournament is held to see who is the best hunter around. Hundreds participate, but only four finalists wins the grand prize and title of Hunters Elite! Moreover, the prize is kept a secret every year, but it is also the responsibility of the Hunters Elite to take on the most dangerous, impossible, and sometimes questionable missions.

Unfortunately, through a series of mishaps and blunders, our heroes win and have to keep up the tradition of the Hunters Elite to protect Dairon City.

Many people known for participating in tournaments can be parodied, like Goku, Naruto, ect....

But, that's not for a while! Technically there are sixteen entries listed above, which is a good number for a tournament, but I'd like to give y'all another day to cook up some more characters and stories! That'll give me time to set up the rules of the event and other odds and ends...

Last, but not least, don't forget that your ideas are what make this project possible, so please keep being creative, y'all! The more ideas, the better!

YutoGenai
Feb 26, 2010, 02:15 AM
I approve of this once again, I have no objections to this matter, I just need time to make some enemies and cheesy jokes... We might need someone familiar with this department though...

And as far as the destiny of my group goes, they can be whatever fits within the context of the misadventure! From being The antagonistic villains and vice-versa, to being the butt of whatever comedic relief the story needs to keep the readers interested... Have you ever thought about adapting this into a Comic of some kind? I ask only because you mention asking our character's aesthetic information.

zeital
Feb 26, 2010, 06:55 AM
so are u going to copy can paste the chara data we gave u somewhere to keep it in one place? (cuz i might have added a few minor stuff to her bio from when u looked 0o )

also there has to be gundam jokes in there somewhere cuz i was running abit of ET today and it dawned on me that they looked like gundams

Tolly7249
Feb 26, 2010, 08:42 AM
*sees Jenny on the list* *grins*

Excellent

If you end up using Jenny in any capacity, and I hope you do because she's getting annoyed with how long it's taking the write the first couple of chapters of Legacy (I know how it ends, I just can't get it to begin... I am THIS close to just starting in Ozmone and going from there because LOLOCTOPUS)...

She's catty. She's sarcastic. If there's a snarky, sarcastic or smart-arse comment to be made, she'll make it, usually with a completely straight face. She says all those wonderful things that we wish we could say in our daily lives but repress because we don't want to end up with staples in our forehead or acid on our books...

NexusCreid
Feb 26, 2010, 01:17 PM
@ YutoGenai: Don't worry! The destiny of your group is to be just that: a group. They have intertwining storylines and motivations that can be expanded on. It is my wish to keep the original intregrity of everyone's creative ideas and place them in the "quests" that our heroes must perform. Some entries have serious and dramatic objectives (which are very much needed) that our heroes must overcome. The comedy comes in how they manage to resolve these issues through unorthodox means!

@ zeital: I've been copying and pasting and have a file on my desktop with all the current details of the current entries, so no worries! When it is time for the tournament to begin, I will make a new post to confirm their registration information (basically, you'll be able to review your entries and make your last-minute alterations then!) Since this project spans a handful of boards, it is my duty to inform each of the current progress. Oh, and Gundams? Why not! I love Deathscythe!

@ Tolly7249: A blunt character is always needed to keep the wise-crackers and mischevious ones in line, ya' know? Moreover, since you already have a fair amount of material (I assume), it will be even easier to flesh out a storyline around your character. The benefit of many intricate details regarding a character's past and motivations for the present is the added potential to become a strong character in the project!

---

@ Everyone: I'm still compiling data as entries and details are still coming in! To be fair, I will give it all weekend so that any others who are just joining in have ample opportunity to participate.

So, as of right now, I'll let the entries keep coming until Sunday, February 28, 11:59pm EST. Then, the following weekend beginning Friday, March 5, 5:00pm EST will mark the beginning of the tournament to name our Hunters Elite!

Chukie sue
Feb 26, 2010, 08:51 PM
Keep up the good work! (I've slighty edited my previous post)

Tolly7249
Feb 26, 2010, 11:43 PM
Heck, I'd be happy to share. There's actual reasons why she's such a little tech-head, and why she's so terminally annoyed at the world... I think her catchphrase in Legacy is going to be along the lines of 'I am surrounded by idiots/morons/lunatics.'

YutoGenai
Feb 27, 2010, 01:44 AM
'I am surrounded by idiots/morons/lunatics.'

I think my Fonewm is in agreement with this.

zeital
Feb 27, 2010, 03:23 AM
@ zeital: I've been copying and pasting and have a file on my desktop with all the current details of the current entries, so no worries! When it is time for the tournament to begin, I will make a new post to confirm their registration information (basically, you'll be able to review your entries and make your last-minute alterations then!) Since this project spans a handful of boards, it is my duty to inform each of the current progress. Oh, and Gundams? Why not! I love Deathscythe!

awesome socks i can't wait!!!

Tolly7249
Feb 27, 2010, 10:57 PM
I think my Fonewm is in agreement with this.

*chuckle* Uncommonly perceptive man, that 'newm.

NexusCreid
Feb 28, 2010, 01:26 PM
The final hours of contributing character ideas for our main heroes is coming to an end, but there's still time! If you have an idea for the Phantasy Star Zeroes project, then submit it before Monday arrives!

I spent some time yesterday compiling the information already submitted, and the characters look interesting and fresh against their varied backgrounds! Once this stage of the project is over (as I mentioned before), I will post a link so that you may view the finalists and vote on who you want to win the title of Hunters Elite! From there, the fun begins...!

So, don't delay, turn in those submissions today!

zeital
Mar 1, 2010, 01:17 AM
its sad that i have to wait one more day its alredy monday here! :P

Tolly7249
Mar 1, 2010, 04:58 AM
Tell me about it, zeital! It's so annoying, having people almost a day behind us, isn't it?

zeital
Mar 1, 2010, 07:36 AM
very XD lol

Kirukia
Mar 1, 2010, 09:01 AM
Cool I'll check it out :]

NexusCreid
Mar 1, 2010, 08:32 PM
I've moved this project to a new thread! Please look for it under PSO-World.com Forums > Community > Fan Works > Phantasy Star Zeroes: Hunters Elite Tournament

Or use the url below:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175763

Thank you!