PDA

View Full Version : just started out on the JP PSU

Hotarubi
Feb 27, 2010, 05:31 AM
I just started out on the JP PSU server.
Can anyone kind of, uh... teach me the ropes of playing on the Japanese server?
I played on the US server for some time... so I know the basics of PSU itself. I just need a tour guide really lol :wacko:

Nedeti
Feb 27, 2010, 12:48 PM
We can level up together if you want, i also just started

DAMASCUS
Feb 27, 2010, 04:29 PM
I'm stuck on the free side for few days which means I'll be on UNI 14,15 and 16 for now; thats where you're restricted to when you're in free play.

I'll be back on in a few hours and so I'll be glad to help out since I can only play C missions anyway lol. I'll check by Unsafe Passage, Mad Creatures, and Innocent Girl on those two servers so hopefully I can catch you two then.

My character is the same as my login: DAMASCUS
and I'll be on UNI 14 for now..

Keilyn
Feb 27, 2010, 05:08 PM
Something very important for psujp players...

The game itself is limited in shortcuts...You should commit to memory the following:

http://www.jref.com/language/japanese_common_phrases.shtml

I can help you on equivalency in English. Japanese has politeness levels. While in English tone disrupts neutrality as words are neutral....Even saying "thank you" has its own intensity depending on your word choice and mood.

There are some Japanese who are learning English who will practice on you, but remember its your chance also to identify with them...like I was talking with a group for two hours about Baseball....and they were saying the equivalent to "Those Damned Yankees!" In Japanese. :)