PDA

View Full Version : PSO is worse than alcoholism

Blitzkommando
Feb 28, 2010, 03:16 PM
No, really, it is. I thought I had gotten over the addiction years ago. Then on a whim I started playing again and my first thoughts were, "Oh, I forgot to do this..." on various things. I mean, it's not even all that great a game. Especially so today. But, like alcohol, all it takes is a taste and you're right back where you were prior to quitting. Damnations.

Oh, and yeah, first time checking in here in a very long time. Is anyone from way back still here?

Neith
Feb 28, 2010, 03:30 PM
Hey Blitz, a lot of people from around '03 are still here, mostly either lurking or playing JP PSP2 now. I joined just after you, but I changed my username about a year ago (used to be urikobb3).

I've tried getting back into PSO a few times, but I just can't now. While the nostalgia is still there, I can't bring myself to play it for any period of time after playing other games :wacko:

Welcome back though, hopefully some of the other (sort of) oldies will post.

Blitzkommando
Feb 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
I remember you, yes. Good to see you still here. And, I certainly understand. I find it hard to believe I'm coming back nearly 8 years after I started playing.

astuarlen
Feb 28, 2010, 04:06 PM
Admit it, Blitz: you just came back to show us your fancy new signature, complete with cutting-edge transparency technology.

I decided to try BB again several months ago, but after falling off the wagon for half an hour I promptly scrambled to get back on--uncomfortable bench seating and sharp hay poking one's butt be damned. I have a much tougher time letting this place go (there must be something soothing about the ol' landfill).

Firocket1690
Feb 28, 2010, 04:18 PM
Blitzkommando.com?

I dunno why, but sometime.. not that long ago, there was a thread somewhere about googling your name. I remember somewhere deep in the results, I found a link to the old forums.

.. Whatever happened to den00b?

I'll get around to PSO sometime too.. just.. I know it'll be addicting, so I'm going to wait 'til semester ends anyway.

Dhylec
Feb 28, 2010, 06:24 PM
;omy
someone rememberz psow after all tis time ;3

Blitzkommando
Feb 28, 2010, 06:31 PM
Oh, Den00b is still there. It's just pretty much in stasis for the moment.

And, oddly enough, PSOW has stayed on my quick launch bar of my browser for years, I've just passed it by for a long while.

AlexCraig
Feb 28, 2010, 07:48 PM
*Looks at my join date*

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!

Sayara
Feb 28, 2010, 07:54 PM
I got close..

Alnet
Feb 28, 2010, 09:39 PM
No, really, it is. I thought I had gotten over the addiction years ago. Then on a whim I started playing again and my first thoughts were, "Oh, I forgot to do this..." on various things. I mean, it's not even all that great a game. Especially so today. But, like alcohol, all it takes is a taste and you're right back where you were prior to quitting. Damnations.
This happened to me recently. I cannot stop playing. I'm around LV130 in a few weeks.

My original strongest from PSOGC is a lower level than this one. It's absurd.

Though I didn't play PSO with you back in the day, so you probably (definitely) don't know who I am. :3

TalHex
Feb 28, 2010, 10:11 PM
hey, at least you guys can play PSO. My virus scan thinks one of the crucial files is a virus, and keeps deleting it. I can't change the virus scan either, because then I can log onto the campus internet.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 28, 2010, 10:17 PM
Is anyone from way back still here?

How way back are you interested in going? :wink:

SpikeOtacon
Feb 28, 2010, 10:41 PM
I really only play PSO on my GC splitscreen with a few good friends whom I dragged into the PSO addiction after several years of my DC run. BB is cool but it just isn't the same.

Skuda
Feb 28, 2010, 10:51 PM
Nostalgia attack.

Blitzkommando
Feb 28, 2010, 10:51 PM
Oh, I'm playing PSOGC, yes. PSOBB is fun, but it's more fun to have all of my old characters and items and continue where I left off so to speak. Online is interesting at least.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 28, 2010, 11:02 PM
Nostalgia attack.
Old man defend.

Counter is whiffed

Punish is imminent!

Outrider
Feb 28, 2010, 11:50 PM
I haven't played too much PSO in recent years (though I do pop in PSOGC every once in a while to see how the ol' HUmar Outrider is doing).

I had been working at a mini PSO-themed PC game for a while, actually. I think that scratched the itch for a little while.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 28, 2010, 11:54 PM
Piping being the necessary evil sometimes, a part of playing PSO that is not really playing. Makes you wonder why you're doing this sometimes.

Can't believe I used to just roll with standard cables for so long, until S-Video on the GC only recently. Still missing an easy drop like Redria Monkey King Bar.

PSO Screenshot contest made me wish I'd taken more screenshots on BB official. I went through them all pretty quickly looking for some freeze things to submit. And dabbled in other servers for only a week via the timestamps on those, with requisite pics of people playing Flowen, walking around the lobbies. He has a red eye.