PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU JP PC/PS2 - Premium course vs. free course

EspioKaos
Mar 1, 2010, 02:42 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=1093

Here's a rundown of the differences between premium and free course, scheduled to begin on the JP side March 18.

1. Illuminus game key
* PC: Required
* FC: Not required
2. GUARDIANS License
* PC: Required (except during free periods and thanks campaigns)
* FC: Not required
3. Entering your room
* PC: Unrestricted
* FC: Not allowed
4. Universe movement
* PC: Full access to 1-16
* FC: Access only to 1-8
5. Optional billing services (GC)
* FC: Unrestricted
6. Item exchange with other characters
* FC: Not allowed. In the case of items dropped on the floor mid-mission, they can be picked up only by premium course players.
7. Use of PM storage
* FC: Not allowed
8. Use of common box
* FC: Accessible only from NPC shops
9. EXP/AEXP acquisition
10. PA EXP acquisition
11. MP acquisition
12. Vol Coin receipt
* PC: 150 per day
* FC: 50 per day
13. Vol Coin use
14. Vol Coin exchange
15. Title function
* PC: Titles can be acquired.
* FC: Title cannot be acquired, however the player record will still record your play data.
16. Daily stamps
* PC: 5 per day
* FC: 1 per day
17. Service coupons
* PC: 20% of all GC transactions
* FC: 20% of all GC transactions
18. Hairstyle tickets
19. Body style tickets
20. GC Gacha
21. Boost items

And now for mission restrictions.

1. Free missions
2. Story mission (EP2, EP3)
* FC: Unrestricted, except where certain side stories are required to access specific subplots.
3. Side story missions
* FC: Only Passport to Subspace can be played.
4. Party missions
5. Partner (special co-op) missions
6. Event missions
7. Rare free missions
* FC: Can be flagged for one, but cannot play it.
8. GAM
9. GAS
* FC: Cannot use (Only previously-earned customizations will reflect on your character.)
10. GC missions
11. Item exchange missions

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 1, 2010, 02:52 PM
It's not that bad. I like the common box being accessible from NPC shops thing. I got the sacred dusters but never used them due to the subscription end.

EspioKaos
Mar 1, 2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see the common box thing after what they'd said in previous statements about not being able to use it at all. The 100 extra spaces it offers should help attract some people who were turned away by the whole "no room for you!" deal.

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 1, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hehe, but if you want to store materials, 100 (200, with the 2 entrances) spaces will run out soon. Maybe people will make a main char, 2 alts and 5 "storage dummies" XD

Arika
Mar 2, 2010, 08:41 AM
Not bad, seeing free users can play mission from rank C to rank S3 now.

It was suck when they could only play rank C!! ._.

RadiantLegend
Mar 2, 2010, 11:59 AM
How about enemy drops, can they pick those up?

Kion
Mar 2, 2010, 12:21 PM
So basically you can play for free and the only thing you miss out on is a room? Is it possible to switch back and forth between billing types?

EspioKaos
Mar 2, 2010, 12:25 PM
How about enemy drops, can they pick those up?
Yes. The only drops you can't pick up are ones dropped by other players trying to bypass the no trades system.

So basically you can play for free and the only thing you miss out on is a room? Is it possible to switch back and forth between billing types?
Yeah, the room will be the biggest thing missing (synthesis included, of course). As far as moving back and forth between free course and premium course, they haven't said anything about restricting that, so I'm sure you can pay for a month to become premium, then cancel before the start of the next billing cycle to go back to free.

Arika
Mar 3, 2010, 01:10 AM
It seem that they offer this for caseal players who will now just pay for 1-2 months and play the free course for 3-4 months, then loop back.

pikachief
Mar 3, 2010, 01:44 AM
Sad to think we probably wont get this over here :(

I doubt microsoft would be too happy about us having a free online game lol :/

Although if it worked on gold i doubt they would mind :o

... which most people have lol

In fact! Everyone I meet in an online game has it! (lol ;) )

DAMASCUS
Mar 3, 2010, 03:18 AM
I had a brief period when my ten-day ended and I went into Free-Play. Playing C rank was annoying but just fine for Jaggo Amure hunting and bullet levelling. Without access to any storage I had to be really selective about what I held on to.

The clincher was when it stopped me at level 50 :o That was when I expedited my monthly payment :p

DuRaL
Mar 3, 2010, 06:58 AM
I had a brief period when my ten-day ended and I went into Free-Play. Playing C rank was annoying but just fine for Jaggo Amure hunting and bullet levelling. Without access to any storage I had to be really selective about what I held on to.

The clincher was when it stopped me at level 50 :o That was when I expedited my monthly payment :p
you cap at lvl 50? what happens if you use your lvl 180 chars? or can't you use those in free-play? o.o

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 3, 2010, 07:20 AM
you cap at lvl 50? what happens if you use your lvl 180 chars? or can't you use those in free-play? o.o
When playing while paying, you play normally. When entering community course you play with what you had in you in the moment your subscription expired (for example, lvl 156, acrotecher lvl 18 and PAs at 25-30, with your items and so on), in case you create a new character or have a low level character while in community course you'll get restricted to what Community course caps until free course comes or until you pay again.

DuRaL
Mar 3, 2010, 11:11 AM
i see, thanks!
that's not so bad then.. actually it's pretty cool for ppl who are bored of the game, but want to keep contact with their PSU-friends..
or for ppl who enjoy fashion shows and use PSU as an IM xD

i hope we'll get community course (and later free course) for 360...

Arika
Mar 3, 2010, 12:05 PM
i see, thanks!
that's not so bad then.. actually it's pretty cool for ppl who are bored of the game, but want to keep contact with their PSU-friends..
or for ppl who enjoy fashion shows and use PSU as an IM xD

i hope we'll get community course (and later free course) for 360...

if you enjoy fashion. please look here : http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175832

pikachief
Mar 3, 2010, 06:57 PM
oh yay!! i completely forgot about the free course! :D just logge don right now to see if i remembered me account name lol

lvl 80 Kitty =^.^= Can't wait for March 18th now :D i hope some decent pre-made weapons drop since i cant buy or make any lol

KoNeko1192
Mar 5, 2010, 10:56 PM
So, come March 18th, any of us could create a free account and play the PSU free course on the JP server?

This sounds almost too good to be true :o

Resanoca
Mar 30, 2010, 06:35 PM
Bump for those who do not know about this yet~!

Aewyn
Mar 30, 2010, 06:40 PM
Seems pretty nice, Espio. Might make me go back to JP for awhile.

Disastorm
Jul 26, 2010, 07:13 PM
What is this level 50 cap people are mentioning? Is free course level capped or was that for something else?

str898mustang
Jul 26, 2010, 07:58 PM
What is this level 50 cap people are mentioning? Is free course level capped or was that for something else?

there is no level cap

Disastorm
Jul 26, 2010, 08:03 PM
thanks.

pikachief
Jul 27, 2010, 05:43 PM
oh yea! Free Course! wooo! lol :P Started it up again may play some more but hey! I have to find everything myself, and pre-made too!

I think its interesting and different :)

Hunting Me / Quick at the old Floader 1up cup run then gonna hunt Shigga Bines at the old moatoob firebreak run :) Hunting for your own stuff and having to look it all up, I actually kinda like it :P lol

Vintasticvin
Oct 18, 2010, 01:27 AM
Im on free course and havent touched psu jp in months and not liking sega getting an international fee. Is there anyway to remove credit card info?

DeathDragon2332
Feb 20, 2011, 10:25 PM
So how do you connect do you just download the JP cliet or buy the JP version of the game and done?

str898mustang
Feb 20, 2011, 10:48 PM
So how do you connect do you just download the JP cliet or buy the JP version of the game and done?

just download the game from the website
here it is
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/psuilluminus/httpdownload/

DeathDragon2332
Feb 21, 2011, 04:27 AM
Thanks i got it now. The problem is nobody is helping me at all and i dont understand a single thing this is gunna be hard 2 have any fun. Im just frustrated because i cand understand what im clicking.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 21, 2011, 06:10 AM
PROTIP: Copy-paste into google translate.

A7X MARINE
Feb 24, 2011, 05:57 AM
right quick question i have a copy of aoti which i only used offline so will i be able to register this copy and use it for the premium course?