PDA

View Full Version : Best melee job type

dabolsugar
Mar 1, 2010, 07:09 PM
I have a new character and i want to make him melee atleast. so whats in your opinion the best job type for this?:-?

Chuck_Norris
Mar 1, 2010, 08:02 PM
Fighmaster. Always will be the best melee if geared correctly.

Cloudstrife xx
Mar 1, 2010, 08:36 PM
1# Fighmaster
2# Fortefighter
3#Acrofighter/Fighgunner

milranduil
Mar 1, 2010, 08:36 PM
Fighmaster. Always will be the best melee if geared correctly.

This.

darthplagis
Mar 2, 2010, 04:47 AM
rather than a blanket statment, id say look at the weapons you like to use in melee.

if its axes and spears then prob fighmaster, but if you like to use twin saber and claws also then fortefighter will be your best choice.

if you like fast high damage to multiple enemies then acrofighter fits the bill. slicers are lethal at medium range and range mags on your shoulder do more damage than your main X attack as a human/newman, i get 4 pops of 600-850 with graldikes/graldikucs and the kubara ones do debuffs. up close daggers and claws deal serious damage (depending on PA) to multiple or single targets, plus you get twin handguns to add into the mix for the likes of mother brains arms. (my main is acrofighter hence the almost rant :P)

if you want ranger and fighter then obviously fighgunner is the choice but as a long term fighgunner player i found it more of a gunner class (mechs and twin handguns were my main weapons) but the mele is also nice, daggers and twin sabers will be you most versatile choices in melee, with double sabers popping up (again PA choice is key) when you need to take care of jarbas and groups of polty :) (gravity dance decimates groups of small critters)

so like i said its all down to weapon choice......

or you could join the rest of the sheep and go fighmaster

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 2, 2010, 05:03 AM
Also, as a Fighmaster you have to wait for De Rol Le or Falz 1 to get near you. While being Fortefighter, Acrofigter or Fighgunner you can hit them before if you have guns.

milranduil
Mar 2, 2010, 05:08 AM
Also, as a Fighmaster you have to wait for De Rol Le or Falz 1 to get near you. While being Fortefighter, Acrofigter or Fighgunner you can hit them before if you have guns.

This is true, but FM is also the strongest class when it comes to fighting either of them when they get near the boat. While De Rol is more of a pain for FM, FM can take Falz 1 down on S2 (lvl 155?) in 2 landings...it takes Gunmaster longer to kill him...much longer.

Keilyn
Mar 2, 2010, 08:44 AM
My favorites in Fighting are:

Fighmaster: Can't go wrong with its weapons although half the PAs a FM has suck, the other half are great at 41+

Acrofighters: You have the speed and they make great contenders with the pallete combination.

Fighgunner: Sometimes you do need that SE or Bullet to help...Don't rule them out.

The best fighters are not the one who master one class, but know which of the classes is more rounded for a mission. I would level all the major fighting types to 20 on a fighting-type character...Get equipment and PAs up and experiment...But thats just me.

SuperRygar
Mar 2, 2010, 09:07 AM
I like Fortefighter. Can use spears for Majarra and I was dealing heavy damage with double sabers ^.^ Plus I had access to A rank slicer for that dmg, handgun for those situations. I have something strong for every situation, to me that's the best choice.

Legendwolf
Mar 2, 2010, 02:21 PM
Fotefighter
figmaster

tadtwisted
Mar 2, 2010, 06:15 PM
Right now fighmaster is good but i think once they nerf Dus Majarra, Tornado Dance, and Anga Jabroga it will fall to 3rd for fighters.

First and second would be acrofighter and fortefighter, i cant choose which one is better. I think acrofighter is a better all around class but fortefighter is almost as good but you get to choose better weapons.

P.S. - i cant wait for that nerf when all these kids that think they are hot shit right now with those 3 PA's realize they suck and have to level up real PA's from level 1

DPShiro
Mar 2, 2010, 06:41 PM
Right now fighmaster is good but i think once they nerf Dus Majarra, Tornado Dance, and Anga Jabroga it will fall to 3rd for fighters.

First and second would be acrofighter and fortefighter, i cant choose which one is better. I think acrofighter is a better all around class but fortefighter is almost as good but you get to choose better weapons.

P.S. - i cant wait for that nerf when all these kids that think they are hot shit right now with those 3 PA's realize they suck and have to level up real PA's from level 1

You are wrong, FM is still on top in JP.
Majarra 2nd hit is only nefed by 10%, Jabroga still ownes and Tornado Dance is still faster than walking.

Cloudstrife xx
Mar 3, 2010, 09:28 PM
You are wrong, FM is still on top in JP.
Majarra 2nd hit is only nefed by 10%, Jabroga still ownes and Tornado Dance is still faster than walking.
Yes what he said Fighmaster is still the king of fighters dus robado is getting stronger dus daggas is being buffed to where it used to be tornado dance is still much faster than walking jabroga IS NOT losing any atp, only now it will hit 0s easy to fix though Sleep/Freeze Trap or hit from behind dus majarra even with a 10% loss in attack wont matter cause its so effective anywhere
Spiral Dance is getting made stronger too

Oh and please dont say oh what do you know i bet you only have fm pa's maxed umm i have every fortefighter,acrofighter and fighgunner pa maxed at 40 aswell.

I loved playing fighgunner and fortefighter for the 2 years i played them sadly fighmaster is so much better look at the mag+ leaderboards dominated by 3-4cast fighmaster's

milranduil
Mar 3, 2010, 10:13 PM

It's sad how little you know about the mechanics of FM before or after the supp update. TD travels roughly 10% slower, not even, making it still faster than walking. One thing many people fail to notice also is it's power. And it's not getting nerfed in that department at all...so your TD argument is null. Dus Majarra yes is getting a 10% nerf to it's 2nd combo. Now let's factor in GAS with that...4 levels of ATP+, elemental arms, spear element+, spear damage+...do you want me to go on? Needless to say, it's going to end up getting a BOOST in damage with all of these things considered. Jabroga, yes it's going to miss. Have you played AoI offline? Jabroga is capable of landing on enemies if you time your charge and distance correctly to hit spawns on their back-> 0 EVP. Now factor in freeze/sleep traps (and sleep crusher if you have it equipped)...overall Jabroga is going to do more damage with customization, and the missing isn't going to hurt it like people think. So where does that leave your argument? Oh right. FM still is good. Sorry :(

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 3, 2010, 10:44 PM
Right now, AF is better than FM in the missions that really matter (and that's all that matters).

Now let's factor in GAS with that...4 levels of ATP+, elemental arms, spear element+, spear damage+...do you want me to go on?
But GAS isn't FM exclusive...

stinkyfish97
Mar 3, 2010, 11:12 PM
FF and FM are pretty close. FF has an ATP advantage which allows you to be able to kill mobs in 1 shot with a JA jabroga, and FM have TD to get around fast and a speed boost. Technically they should be able to solo a mission in close to the same amount of time.

DPShiro
Mar 4, 2010, 01:20 AM
FF and FM are pretty close. FF has an ATP advantage which allows you to be able to kill mobs in 1 shot with a JA jabroga, and FM have TD to get around fast and a speed boost. Technically they should be able to solo a mission in close to the same amount of time.

Don't FM's almost get off a 2 Jabs in the time it takes FF to do one?
The speed boost allows FM's to to missions much faster, DPS over big numbers.

Cloudstrife xx
Mar 4, 2010, 06:00 AM
No they are not Fighmaster's pa's go to 50 closing that gap depending on the pa.

Fortefighter is still hitting bigger numbers but not by very much i was damage testing my 50% Light Ank zagza 10/10 on my male cast fortefighter vs same again as a fighmaster heres what i got on lvl 150 bel pannon between 7500-7900 with my fighmaster and 7600-8000 with fortefighter.
Now if it was a Beast FF Vs Beast Fm then yes the numbers on th beast fortefighter would be alot more thanks to beast getting boost for being fortefighter but sadly beast cant compete in ta's against cast only in a few very rare situations

Now add in that Fighmaster can attack faster travel quicker with tornado dance and freeze/sleep trap fortefighter will struggle to keep up maybe and just a maybe if slicers still hit 6-7k with chikki then id be tempted with fortefighter let me think slicer-twin sabers-axes-spear-twin claws-knuckles would = win but as it stands fighmaster still wins(=

Don't FM's almost get off a 2 Jabs in the time it takes FF to do one?
The speed boost allows FM's to to missions much faster, DPS over big numbers.
No they dont fighmaster of coarse attacks faster with its jabroga's but not sure if anyone noticed but jabroga on a fighmaster does not go as far as it does with a fortefighter same goes for tornado dance ive sat there with me as a fm and mark an old friend on his fortefighter and we spammed y attack to the end of one room and i as a fighmaster would start much quicker but he would throw himself
much ahead of me but id catch him cause i get mine off quicker and recover quicker this is same thing for tornado dance on fighgunner and fighmaster.

If anyone wishes to see this for themselves please dont hesitate to send me a msg on my gamertag- VictoriX VII ill happily prove any of what ive said here

Max B
Mar 4, 2010, 07:05 AM
#1-Fighmaster
#2-Fortefighter
Also I love how this thread got turned into omg Fm can ta faster Lol

Kion
Mar 4, 2010, 09:47 AM
Fighting classes share a lt of common weapons. As long as you have your PA's leveled you can change back and forth to see what works for you.

GlacialTerror
Mar 4, 2010, 10:18 AM
Right now, AF is better than FM in the missions that really matter (and that's all that matters).

Which missions would those be? (Just curious as to which missions are popular on JP, hopefully not White Beast >> )

pinkace
Mar 4, 2010, 10:16 PM
rather than a blanket statment, id say look at the weapons you like to use in melee.

I concur. You have to go for ForteFighter on your way to Fighmaster anyways, so you will get a good feel for variety vs specialization.

Myself, I don't like any of the master classes.

milranduil
Mar 5, 2010, 01:03 PM

o_O Really? Guess I'll redouble my efforts to start getting my gear again.