PDA

View Full Version : Is it smart to be a Cast fighmaster?

Darkstar1023
Mar 5, 2010, 11:32 PM
Since the recent weeks of MAG+ I've seen that many guardians are now using a cast character with the fighmaster class. Im a Gunmaster right now. Is it worth it than being a beast FM or What are the advanatages of a cast FM? Thx for the help in advance :D btw this is on xbox360

Halcyote
Mar 5, 2010, 11:33 PM
CAST is pretty much superior in all classes besides Masterforce.

PepperCat
Mar 5, 2010, 11:33 PM
Its only smart if you use a Har/Smart.

Keilyn
Mar 5, 2010, 11:59 PM
Casts in PC/PS2 are superior since their Paradi is Overpowered and their higher accuracy combined with the average weapon sets will hit almost anything compared to other races...

Like said...Only thing they really lose at is FT and MF....

Play in PSU-JP and its a whole different story.....PC/PS2 feels like a broken game to me. Im glad I made the switch. PSU without supp update = Vanilla PSU to me now.

Darkstar1023
Mar 6, 2010, 12:18 AM
So later on when the supp update for 360 comes out Casts wont be "superior"?

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 6, 2010, 12:37 AM
Casts remain superior.
Unless you like male nanoblast, then they're awesome too.

Darkstar1023
Mar 7, 2010, 05:01 PM
So casts are superior just because of Paradi Cataract then, right?

Halcyote
Mar 7, 2010, 06:22 PM
CASTs also have crazy stats that matter.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 7, 2010, 07:42 PM
No, casts remain superior because of Ares Espada and Accuracy.

FUDGEHOY
Mar 7, 2010, 10:24 PM
Casts in PC/PS2 are superior since their Paradi is Overpowered and their higher accuracy combined with the average weapon sets will hit almost anything compared to other races...

Like said...Only thing they really lose at is FT and MF....

Play in PSU-JP and its a whole different story.....PC/PS2 feels like a broken game to me. Im glad I made the switch. PSU without supp update = Vanilla PSU to me now.

I've heard many people complain about Paradi being "overpowered". I know you like numbers so I was wondering if you might back up the "overpowered" claim with some actual damage figures. The most logical Suv's to compare Paradi with would be Sturm and Grom Attacker(if you wish to do others, be my guest). Please keep in mind that Paradi is 12* while the others are 9*. Thanks for your time.

Keilyn
Mar 7, 2010, 10:45 PM
I've heard many people complain about Paradi being "overpowered". I know you like numbers so I was wondering if you might back up the "overpowered" claim with some actual damage figures. The most logical Suv's to compare Paradi with would be Sturm and Grom Attacker(if you wish to do others, be my guest). Please keep in mind that Paradi is 12* while the others are 9*. Thanks for your time.

In PC/PS2 the Paradi damage on a Fighmaster cast is the highest out there. Due to the existence of Paradi + Cast Accuracy, that made Beasts nearly useless by comparison. Their SUV damage in PC/PS2 can even override the protection on targets too.....You can literally go in there and even by RANGE...

The example I will give you is the following:

1) Go to White Beast S3
2) Skip or deal with the first spawn.
3) Trigger the spawn on top, but dont kill it
4) Trigger the spawn on the trench/road approaching the final spawn...
5) have the two approach while you stand halfway on the stairs and fire paradi

Damage should be like 5000 - 6000 per hit....and any surviving target is going to be frozen (except those immune to freeze)

You will literally wipe out 10 - 15+ enemies from firing paradi and crippling everything due to its range......which is nearly double the blast radius as a Redeemer from Unreal Tournament in PC/PS2.

You look at that...and you have the strongest singlemost ability in the game.

Look at any Serious TimeAttack party and you are going to find in PC/PS2 that you will have 2 - 4 Casts together, all with a paradi, because they know the advantage exists to its used. Outside of Accuracy, why do you think all TA groups prefer an Cast AT? :)

Go ahead and look at the top parties that placed in Max Attack G.....:)

Thank god in PSUJP SUV Damage = Ranged Damage, Paradi can actually be stopped by some means that actually fire and hit nothing on uncommon/rare instances. Its range is smaller and power, duration and stamina are less....While the SUVs are there...you can't overdepend on them.

PC/PS2 has Paradi so powerful that you literally had players who would not dare to start a cast until they actually obtained a Paradi...and most people would refer to the Extra Slot as Paradi instead of SUV I spoke to...due to the majority consent on the strength of paradi.

R2D6battlebot
Mar 7, 2010, 10:53 PM

I've been playing a CAST for my main for roughly 3 years now (47k ID number) and I would definitely agree that Paradi is rediculously overpowered. The real power of Paradi is not necessarily the bonkers damage, or the freezing, it's the speed of it. You can literally just paradi entire rooms of mobs away, without people even being able to tag them.
Using numbers - Paradi hits a maximum of 8 targets, 5 times each, for a minimum (for a capped character at least) of 4k damage per hit, not to mention freezing. This adds up to 320,000 damage, and keep in mind that Paradi takes less than 2 seconds to blow its load.
Anga Jabroga hits 5 targets, 2 times each, for about 6k damage. If you get a perfect hit on 5 creatures, this would add up to 60,000 damage. Keep in mind Jabroga takes about 10 years to blow its load.
Conclusion - if you can agree that Jabroga is rediculously broken, then you cannot avoid thinking that something that is twice as fast and 5 times more powerful is also broken. Everything is situational of course, and I realize that SUV has to charge up and Jabroga can be used at will. I also realize that Jabroga is much better on single enemies with multiple hit boxes.

FUDGEHOY
Mar 7, 2010, 11:19 PM
I've been playing Cast gunner since day one of PSU(end of October 2006). Paradi was an appropriate step up in damage, speed, and end wise from the 9* Suv's. You've got to remember its a 12*, so it should be more powerful than the 9*'s. Now if we're arguing as to whether Suv's are overpowered compared to Nanoblasts, then yes I would agree with that. Suv's count as ranged damage on 360, so we don't have to worry about your point keilyn. I know Paradi is being nerfed. I don't like it, but there's nothing I can do about it. I can, however, ask people to give statitical evidence that its "overpowered" for being what it is(the only current 12* SUV outside of Japan pc/ps2).

Keilyn
Mar 7, 2010, 11:20 PM
Lets not forget about paradi range itself.

If you want a comparison of Sturm and Grom Attacker....

Just get the three + Serafi Senba......Start a female cast and raise her to level 29, Hunter level 1 on IG......should take like 1 - 2 hours and then test all three SUVs

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 7, 2010, 11:24 PM
You could always get a Grom Burst and compare that with Paradi...

EDIT: Here, I'll save you the trouble. Comparison vid of Paradi v Grom that I found online.
http://zoome.jp/psumode0809/diary/5

FUDGEHOY
Mar 7, 2010, 11:32 PM
Lets not forget about paradi range itself.

If you want a comparison of Sturm and Grom Attacker....

Just get the three + Serafi Senba......Start a female cast and raise her to level 29, Hunter level 1 on IG......should take like 1 - 2 hours and then test all three SUVs

No thanks, I already know the results. Paradi is an appropriate step up from the 9* Suv's in my opinion. I also know that some people disagree with that. I have yet to see real evidence that Paradi is "overpowered" compared to other Suv's currently outside of Japan.

Keilyn
Mar 7, 2010, 11:47 PM
what results? You compared two A-Ranked SUVs to one S-Ranked SUV....and made your opinion, which doesn't matter because SoJ/ST believed it was overpowered and "balanced it in an update."

How about next time you compare one S-RANKed SUV to another S-Ranked one?...Oh that's right...that can't be done outside of Japan, so all you have left is actually analizing gameplay for balance...

which is exactly what Sonic Team did and concluded was too powerful.
..........Oh...wait..didn't I mention that before?

FUDGEHOY
Mar 7, 2010, 11:50 PM
what results? You compared two A-Ranked SUVs to one S-Ranked SUV....and made your opinion, which doesn't matter because SoJ/ST believed it was overpowered and "balanced it in an update."

How about next time you compare one S-RANKed SUV to another S-Ranked one?...Oh that's right...that can't be done outside of Japan, so all you have left is actually analizing gameplay for balance...

which is exactly what Sonic Team did and concluded was too powerful.
..........Oh...wait..didn't I mention that before?

No need to be rude. Sega has also deemed it good to keep Japan at the 180 level cap for a year now, so lets not pretend Sega knows how to run a game.

desturel
Mar 8, 2010, 12:49 AM
EDIT: Here, I'll save you the trouble. Comparison vid of Paradi v Grom that I found online.
http://zoome.jp/psumode0809/diary/5

That video is Paradi post-nerf vs. Grom Burst which is an SUV we don't have yet on the US servers. We would need a video of Paradi pre-nerf and Grom Attacker. Alternately if you just pointing out that Grom Burst will be more "overpowered" than Paradi is currently, I'd have to disagree for the simple fact that Paradi has a circular attack range vs Grom which only hits what's up front. I would say they are about even.

Oh and back to the original topic, Cast fighmaster is currently the strongest class/race combination in the game.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 8, 2010, 01:14 AM
I'd have to disagree for the simple fact that Paradi has a circular attack range vs Grom which only hits what's up front.
Except Grom's frontal attack has a reach which is almost double that of Paradi's AND hits 13 times as opposed to Paradi's 5 AND does more damage per hit AND downs the enemy upon contact and you can basically clear a whole room by shooting it from the entrance...

Essen's post on Grom Burst, with pretty pictures:
http://psujp.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/grom-burst/

Keilyn
Mar 8, 2010, 02:16 AM
Desturel....

Were you talking about Grom Attacker or Grom Burst?

Also proves me point...

The fact a second page exists where we go from talking about Casts, Fighmasters, Gender and Style.....yet have limited ourselves to SUVs, specifically the ones that are the strongest....yet ignored everything else only adds to what was said earlier.....People play casts in PC/PS2 for the SUV and nothing else. They love the ATA that comes with it, but they like the SUV that saves time more than anything else.

desturel
Mar 8, 2010, 08:16 AM
Except Grom's frontal attack has a reach which is almost double that of Paradi's

Remember the range of Paradi was cut when they reduced the power. Again, I'm talking about our current Paradi, not the one that JP has.

Desturel....

I was referring to Grom Attacker since we don't have Burst in the US yet. I know that after Paradi gets modified Grom Burst is the stronger of the two. I was simply comparing our current SUVs (Attacker vs. Paradi). Or to put it another way, our version of Paradi with 5 STA vs their version of Paradi with 3 STA (JPs).

BTW, Grom Bust is 13* as is Ares Espada.

Delete
Mar 8, 2010, 10:52 AM
On topic, it's up to you to be honest, but yeah...Cast's do make great Fighmasters.

Also, looks like this is turning into a SUV/Paradi Thread :wacko:

DAMASCUS
Mar 8, 2010, 01:44 PM
No, casts remain superior because of Ares Espada and Accuracy.

Its always been a wish of mine to have a stronger sword SUV. On JP, in fact, I'm still using the B rank SUV lol.

Ares Espada me want..

Darkstar1023
Mar 11, 2010, 12:11 AM
Yeah im definitely making my cast a fighmaster now, it seems like its better than the Gunmaster :D

Zeek123
Mar 12, 2010, 05:49 AM
Desturel....

Also proves me point...

The fact a second page exists where we go from talking about Casts, Fighmasters, Gender and Style.....yet have limited ourselves to SUVs, specifically the ones that are the strongest....yet ignored everything else only adds to what was said earlier.....People play casts in PC/PS2 for the SUV and nothing else. They love the ATA that comes with it, but they like the SUV that saves time more than anything else.

That's not ture. I didn't even know about SUVs when I first started the game. Paradi was always fun to use, but I never used it in a party. And I hated it when others did.

Anyway, I'm not trying to get in on the little feud here, just wanted to say I used SUVs because I loved to play a Cast, I didn't play Cast to use SUVs.

Zorafim
Mar 12, 2010, 11:58 AM
It's actually not smart to be a cast fighmaster. That would mean that you're playing PSU instead of PSP2, and that's not smart at all.

As an alternate non-ass answer, cast fighmasters are wonderful. The stats compliment each other wonderfully.
By the way, you're never going to dodge.

DreXxiN
Mar 16, 2010, 06:08 AM
It's actually not smart to be a cast fighmaster. That would mean that you're playing PSU instead of PSP2, and that's not smart at all.
Haha, I love it. XD

By the way, you're never going to dodge.

Oh how I wish this were true for me. :(. Sometimes it feels like my Human is less Evasive as an Acroninja than my CAST XD. I believe some of my friends could attest to this. >_>

Zorafim
Mar 19, 2010, 12:54 PM
Cast... Fighmaster? Vs human acrofighter? That really is strange. You should have roughly ten times the amount of evasion as the acrofighter.

pinkace
Mar 19, 2010, 05:47 PM
I think that Fighmaster and Gunmaster are both flawed classes.

Both should be heavy weapon masters. The twin handguns should be replaced by the grenade launcher, and the double saber should be replaced by the spear.

Masterforce is the only master class that does what its meant to do.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 19, 2010, 06:24 PM
I think that Fighmaster and Gunmaster are both flawed classes.

Both should be heavy weapon masters. The twin handguns should be replaced by the grenade launcher, and the double saber should be replaced by the spear.

Masterforce is the only master class that does what its meant to do.

..Fighmaster already has Spear.

And why should double saber be dropped? What's the alternative? Knuckles? Those are even lighter weapons. Those should technically be considered duel wielding. Acrofighter's proficiency.

Shinko
Mar 21, 2010, 08:10 PM
I think both Cast FM and GM are both good and powerful classes. (My Cast plays both) I can get things don't much faster with Cast FM/GM then any other race mix or class mix.

I had a beast FM before but I got runs done faster with the Cast FM. (And yes it's mostly because of SUV)