PDA

View Full Version : Technical Wi-FI Issue

Drunken Dragon
Mar 8, 2010, 05:02 AM
Lo and behold, another newbie reporting in.... Being an avid PSO(Gamecube) player I got this game on friday(along with the DSI XL), and must say I love this game so far(even the cheesy anime cutscenes and story)...

Anyway, I seem to have some difficulties gettin online.... I have no problem goin online on the DS itself(wether it be the DSI shop, or just the web browser), but I can't connect while in PS0... Does anyone know if the game itself only supports WEP encryption(as this seems to be the case as far as I can tell).

In the network options i find my network, but when i try to connect i get the message that it requires a WEP key, although my network is WPA2(this resulting in me not being able to input the whole encryption key).......

Tried lookin around but couldnt find any related topic, sry if there already exists one... Any advice appreciated, ill have a closer look into it when i get home from work....

Rikard
Mar 8, 2010, 05:31 AM
Yes, the game supports WEP only.

Drunken Dragon
Mar 8, 2010, 05:51 AM
Meh... Well thanks for the quick reply... Guess im screwed then, as I really cant be bothered lowering the encryption, pluss I've got lots of other stuff connected to my network wirelessly....

Rikard
Mar 8, 2010, 06:12 AM
Well, you can always lower the encryption to WEP and allow only certain devices to connect to your router via MAC address, including all of your PCs and your DSi. Most routers allow that.

That way even if someone managed to crack your password they'd bounce back anyway since the MAC address wouldn't match the ones stored on the router, you'd be able to set up the net for new devices with little effort, and lastly you'd be able to play online with no prob.

Just a thought.

Drunken Dragon
Mar 8, 2010, 08:03 AM
Ye thanks for the tip, might do that actually... still a major bummer tho... But got lots to do offline still anyway....

Parasite159
Mar 8, 2010, 10:03 AM
i just hope you dont get the same problem i did.
the DSi connects fine to the DSishop/Browser under WEP but fails to connect to any games, fails the connection test when set up on connection 1-3(which are the only connections that DS games recognise) and gives me a 52100 error.
i've had to set up a seperate access point just for my DSi

Cruciarius
Mar 8, 2010, 11:05 AM
I don't see the need for such high security settings on your network, unless you live in a place, like a city. Lots of very close neighbors. If you live in a more rural area, with a yard and good size space between you and your neighbors, you should be fine with lower security settings.

Drunken Dragon
Mar 8, 2010, 02:05 PM
i just hope you dont get the same problem i did.
the DSi connects fine to the DSishop/Browser under WEP but fails to connect to any games, fails the connection test when set up on connection 1-3(which are the only connections that DS games recognise) and gives me a 52100 error.
i've had to set up a seperate access point just for my DSi

Cheers but I use 4-6 connections for DSI due to my wpa2 encryption...

I don't see the need for such high security settings on your network, unless you live in a place, like a city. Lots of very close neighbors. If you live in a more rural area, with a yard and good size space between you and your neighbors, you should be fine with lower security settings.

Thats just it, I live in a flat and at any given time I have anywhere between 4-6 wireless nerworks within my range....

But I think I may have come up with a solution... I won't be able to test it until tomorrow tho, but I will let you know how it goes :P

And again, cheers for the replies....

Parasite159
Mar 8, 2010, 02:45 PM
you wont be able to use 4-6 for any games

Drunken Dragon
Mar 9, 2010, 06:19 AM
you wont be able to use 4-6 for any games

I know, Rikard pointed that out for me... But I have solved the problem, I've just created a guestnetwork with a WEP key instead!
So I'll prolly see some of you online later on tonight... and cheers for the replies!