PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fear tactics in PSAs

Sayara
Mar 10, 2010, 03:34 PM
Are amazingly hillarious when it involves ordinary people.
ZOMG THEM GAYS AND LESBIANS ARE EEEVIILLL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l61Pd5_jHQw

discuss

Shadowpawn
Mar 10, 2010, 03:38 PM
I can't believe there's even a national debate about this anyway.

Sayara
Mar 10, 2010, 03:43 PM
Well 2 years ago there was, (it was Yes in the end).

Shadowpawn
Mar 10, 2010, 04:15 PM
Well 2 years ago there was, (it was Yes in the end).

I know, the whole thing was just dumb to me. Who cares if homosexuals want to get married, it has nothing to do with anyone else.

HeartBreak301
Mar 10, 2010, 04:23 PM
Let them get married if they want, they're just putting a lock on their misery. Marraige sucks, but hey, its the social norm.

Vanzazikon
Mar 10, 2010, 04:25 PM
Who cares if homosexuals want to get married, it has nothing to do with anyone else.If only others would see it the way you do.

I'm more facepalming about the amount of people who were terrified about their kids learning about gay marriage, like it's going to affect their sexual orientation. :disapprove:

Mar 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
Youngest cake sister in psz approves of this topic.

TalHex
Mar 10, 2010, 08:00 PM
ugh... I really don't understand what the issue is with the gay marriage thing... If they want to marry, then they can marry. Spread the misery around.

Sayara
Mar 10, 2010, 08:14 PM
There sure is alot of misery in weddings.
Do you despair them?

Nitro Vordex
Mar 10, 2010, 09:14 PM
The people who don't want them to get married are probably the ones who keep envisioning what they do in the bedroom.

In which case, they've got some bigger problems of their own.

Sayara
Mar 10, 2010, 09:23 PM
It was said (or rumored) one of the reasons this had a chance to work was because they feared of Sodomy.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 10, 2010, 09:26 PM
That was about gay marriage? I couldn't tell what it was trying to say thanks to the echo effect.

Sayara
Mar 10, 2010, 09:29 PM
It was to promote proposition 8 in California (a ammendment that'd prohibit same-sex marriages in CA) this particular ad focused how if they allowed it; children would be "introduced" to the sinful gay/lesbian marriages.

TalHex
Mar 10, 2010, 09:56 PM
There sure is alot of misery in weddings.
Do you despair them?

Yes, all these weddings, both straight and gay have left me in despair!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/GLSteve/despair.gif

zetsubou forever!

Sayara
Mar 10, 2010, 10:18 PM
is it perhaps because you'll never marry? Or get close to it?

Zeek123
Mar 10, 2010, 10:36 PM
I had a conversation with someone I befriended on PSU about gay marriage once. He is gay, and asked me how I felt about it.

I told him I had no bias, and if gays wanted to get married, there shouldn't be any reason for them not to.

He rebutted, saying that he personally didn't think gay marriage was a good idea, since it was mostly religious nut-bags in politics trying to force their beliefs on the rest of the country. His claim was, "if Christianity in particular hated them for an unproven, completely anal point of view, fuck 'em." Not his words exactly, but that was the gist of it.

I couldn't help but see his point of view. I can say I think civil unions should be permitted immediately, with no influence from a religion of any kind. All the benefits of marriage, and blah blah blah. Who knows... maybe allowing this sort of thing would raise the divorce/marriage rate a wee bit.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 11, 2010, 02:32 AM
These things were on in Governator broke'd California.

Did like Zangief and CHANGD ZE CHANNEL!

Republican schools have marriage class? They should get anger management class. Stop grandstanding class.

Recent politicoups news, like last week ABC7 news guy tried to ask Republican't dude senator why he was stopping a bill from his office in another state.

"You can't come in here! This is a Senator's elevator only! NO!"

So why did you cancel the bill, what's the reason?

"I already did - told did that!"

Outrider
Mar 11, 2010, 11:15 AM
I had a conversation with someone I befriended on PSU about gay marriage once. He is gay, and asked me how I felt about it.

I told him I had no bias, and if gays wanted to get married, there shouldn't be any reason for them not to.

He rebutted, saying that he personally didn't think gay marriage was a good idea, since it was mostly religious nut-bags in politics trying to force their beliefs on the rest of the country. His claim was, "if Christianity in particular hated them for an unproven, completely anal point of view, fuck 'em." Not his words exactly, but that was the gist of it.

I couldn't help but see his point of view. I can say I think civil unions should be permitted immediately, with no influence from a religion of any kind. All the benefits of marriage, and blah blah blah. Who knows... maybe allowing this sort of thing would raise the divorce/marriage rate a wee bit.

The debate isn't about enforcing churches to allow for gay marriage, though. A civil union, a marriage through the state, and a marriage through a church/synagogue/etc are three different things. Oftentimes, both the state and religious versions of marriage will come out of the same ceremony, but it's possible to do one and not the other. Proponents of gay marriage want two people of the same gender to be able to get married by the government, which is different from being given the right to a civil union.

ShinMaruku
Mar 14, 2010, 09:35 PM
Wallow in despair.