PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU How to Start playing on the JP PSU servers?

HEETHER
Mar 10, 2010, 04:02 PM
Hey Guys please excuse my ignorance but I'm an American that wants to know how to get on the JP PC PSU servers. If someone could explain in detail on how to go about this, I would appreciate it. Another question is, I don't know how to read Japanese, so is it hard to play the JP server if you can't read Japanese?

Shou
Mar 10, 2010, 06:04 PM
There are guides on psupedia on how to join. The only thing hard is conversing with other players that only speak Japanese when you do not know how to. You are limited to common phrases and simple sentences.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 10, 2010, 09:36 PM
Hey Guys please excuse my ignorance but I'm an American
That's okay :)

HEETHER
Mar 10, 2010, 10:38 PM
Well do you think its worth dealing with the limited communication and all the other things that might come up just so i don't have to deal with the American servers and its lack of updates and bad community?

milranduil
Mar 10, 2010, 11:05 PM
Well do you think its worth dealing with the limited communication and all the other things that might come up just so i don't have to deal with the American servers and its lack of updates and bad community?

While somewhat small, our importer community here on JP is quite accommodating and active. The updates are awesome (except maybe the 7-8 hour maintenance lol) and I am still thoroughly enjoying the "new" content (supp update basically. There is a lot to explore with this.)

HEETHER
Mar 11, 2010, 12:01 AM
Sweet i think i might give it a try. Now dose anyone know where i can find a JP copy of PSU: AOTI for my pc or where to find a product key

unicorn
Mar 11, 2010, 01:06 AM
I hope you do realize you'll need to know some Japanese, mainly Katakana (which is easy to learn btw).

Also, basic phrases will help. You can't go around speaking English to everyone, for some get angry.

If you don't feel like doing this, then JP PSU is not for you.

If you are still interested, then what platform are you asking about? If its the PS2 JP, I would just recommend you passing on it, for ST is starting to cut its support for PS2. As for the PC version, I would just follow the guide on PSUpedia ( http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server )

note: it might take a whole day downloading the files, and a couple hours to make an account and set it up properly. Just be patient.

Red Ring
Mar 11, 2010, 01:10 AM
Find a new game or move on. When you find yourself jumping through hoops that weren't designed for you just to play this then it's time to stop.

HEETHER
Mar 11, 2010, 03:08 AM
I hope you do realize you'll need to know some Japanese, mainly Katakana (which is easy to learn btw).

Also, basic phrases will help. You can't go around speaking English to everyone, for some get angry.

If you don't feel like doing this, then JP PSU is not for you.

If you are still interested, then what platform are you asking about? If its the PS2 JP, I would just recommend you passing on it, for ST is starting to cut its support for PS2. As for the PC version, I would just follow the guide on PSUpedia ( http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server )

note: it might take a whole day downloading the files, and a couple hours to make an account and set it up properly. Just be patient.

I don't know how easy it will be to learn Katakana because I don't even know how to start, but I love Phantasy Star Universe and I would like to play with regular updates and if that mean learning some Katakana then I guess I'm going to have to learn.

VectormanX
Mar 11, 2010, 09:05 AM
www.realkana.com is how i learned my hiragana and katakana.

great site to practice on.

HEETHER
Mar 11, 2010, 10:59 AM
Psst... There's a program that will translate the Japanese items/chat into english for you.

Would you know the name of that program?

DAMASCUS
Mar 11, 2010, 11:36 AM
Its worth noting too that Hiragana is for conversation and Katakana is for everything else. The other main difference is that Hiragana phrases have specific meaning where-as Katakana can just makes the sounds that represtent what we are used to in PSU; with some minor variation.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 11, 2010, 11:42 AM
Psst... There's a program that will translate the Japanese items/chat into english for you.
Babelfish!

ashley50
Mar 11, 2010, 11:58 AM
is the Translation of this thing/tool accurate? :E

HEETHER
Mar 11, 2010, 02:39 PM
Will it translate back for me?

LP_Phoenix
Mar 11, 2010, 03:02 PM
how does that tool work? just for example (planning to do so next days)....
i download it from this link from above.
then maybe install...and then...does it work automatic? or what do i need to do
and btw...what it looks like, it just translate that stuff from ingame so i can read it in "normal" language like our names of the items from our server right? or is there a way of know how to type in something so i can find it in shop...cause what i did was a lot of work. i made some tables with the most favourites and best weps with names and jp names and translations for typing in....all to find on my psupedia site (link in sig)

and about that dont speak english...its really like what they are talking here...dont do it. what i heard when i forgot to switch to team chat and some japanese guys saw that i speak german....oh my goddness...O.o never thought japanese are such racists....

HEETHER
Mar 11, 2010, 03:03 PM
So all in all would you say its better to get on the JP server and use the translator program then to just deal with the American server? Another question someone contacted through private message saying

"PSUJP while a better game than this version, is mostly Guardians Cash. GC is basically you paying real money for points. These points are used to run missions.

I'm telling you about this because the Supplemental Update and most of what is released falls under Guardians Cash. It costs $120 to unlock four hairstyles for female character, per character you own.

The game is fun and also has a free program. I am letting you know this...because recently I stopped paying and dealing with PSU-JP active pay service because although you can use a Debit Card with the VISA LOGO on it....Visa provided me no protection. In the last forty days, Sega took $1100 from me, when I spent $400 on the GC system to recover equipment....Even $400 is enough but the system in the Japanese game is addictive. I will not see the Extra $700 stolen from me." is that true?

shade
Mar 11, 2010, 03:31 PM
This thread (http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8845/legendarythreadlk3.jpg) :-o

is the Translation of this thing/tool accurate? :EVery much so.

http://images.gamekult.com/images/forum/icones/icon7.gif
"It currently uses Google Translate for chat and mails" (psupedia (http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?p=5141#p5141))

And

PSUJP while a better game than this version, is mostly Guardians Cash. GC is basically you paying real money for points. These points are used to run missions.

I'm telling you about this because the Supplemental Update and most of what is released falls under Guardians Cash. It costs $120 to unlock four hairstyles for female character, per character you own.

The game is fun and also has a free program. I am letting you know this...because recently I stopped paying and dealing with PSU-JP active pay service because although you can use a Debit Card with the VISA LOGO on it....Visa provided me no protection. In the last forty days, Sega took $1100 from me, when I spent $400 on the GC system to recover equipment....Even $400 is enough but the system in the Japanese game is addictive. I will not see the Extra $700 stolen from me.:lol:

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 11, 2010, 08:07 PM
But you can have fun on PSUJP without spending a cent on GC.
That's why it's called Optional Billing.

Shou
Mar 11, 2010, 09:13 PM
I have not ran into any "racist" JP players yet. In fact, most JP players try and speak english to me. lol

One random player also gave me 500k to help me start.

HEETHER
Mar 11, 2010, 10:29 PM
So the client they offer said you need still need to buy a game key do you really need that and if so where the hell do i find one?

unicorn
Mar 12, 2010, 12:53 AM
Wait, you gave Sega $1100???

You gotta be kidding right?

Maybe I read it wrong, but DAAAAMN BOY you need to get off this game ASAP if you gave Sega that much money.

HEETHER
Mar 12, 2010, 01:15 AM

Maybe I read it wrong, but DAAAAMN BOY you need to get off this game ASAP if you gave Sega that much money.

No, no it was not me, someone sent me a message saying Sega stole $1100

Keilyn
Mar 12, 2010, 06:33 AM
I sent that private message

I spent $400, but Sega stole $700 more based to how the electronic system handled my bank card. They got my money....and I cancelled my card to that particular bank account....I have two, one for games...one for everything else. They pretty much cleaned out my games bank account.

This was confirmed by creditors/Bankers...they said they cant confirm which electronic cards (ATM/Credit Cards) have the problem in the system, so they advised me to close and reopen the bank account and fall under the new system itself...(the account is old, from 1998 under another bank when I first opened it for tournament gaming and system building). I met with people directly from Bank of America and people from VISA directly as well. They were unable to return my money to me even though it was proven that it was money lost, not by my own doing.

Unfortunately these things happen and regardless who is to blame, the end result is that I lost money and I will never get it back.

The majority of the people I have played with PSU in PSUJP have spent between $200 - $500 on the Guardians Cash System on a Minimum. Although it is considered to be optional, the game is slowed to a crawl without it and almost anything decent you may want for your characters falls under Guardians Cash (and coupons now).

I know some people who have spent $1000 - $1500 on the system and claim it is the only game they wish to play. To each their own I suppose.

Their latest gimmick is the coupons for the hairs from PSP II. You need 600 coupons and you get one hairstyle chosen at random. Each hairstyle that is unlocked, is character-bound. Meaning if you wanted four hairstyles unlocked on four female characters...you would have to pay $480. With new hairstyles coming out, im sure players will cough up the cash to get them.

I had a lot of fun playing PSU, from 2006 launch and returning later....to trying it in Japan. I am signed on to the community recourse program after this month. I still have friends there and I will play from time to time, but I can't look into the server without knowing and being reminded of what happened to me.

Unfortunately its the end of the line for me. PSU started as a Secondary Game and it became a primary game for me. It is now back to being a Secondary Game. I play now only because of some friends, but I have been looking for a new game and found several that I enjoy in the aftermath of all of this.

I thank those I've met here and elsewhere. I will see you around, possibly in the servers, on MSN or near the end of the month when I say goodbye to PC/PS2 like many will.

For those of you who wish to add me, my MSN is [email protected] and Setsunayaki on AIM. I tend to float around and I will join the servers at the request of a friend wanting me to help them find something.

Great Wishes and Happy Gaming,

~Keilyn

Lacen
Apr 10, 2011, 01:30 PM
I think it's time for me to get my butt on the JP PSU Servers. =P Been taking a break for far too long. ^.^; I know of a bunch of my old friends from PC/PS2 side that made the switch over to that server once the news of the EN PC/PS2 servers being shutdown... "Oh yeah, we'll give you this awesome reward for taking place in MAG+... That you'll never get to see again cause we're shutting down the servers shortly after this..." =.=;;;

Amaury
Apr 10, 2011, 01:49 PM
I think it's time for me to get my butt on the JP PSU Servers. =P Been taking a break for far too long. ^.^; I know of a bunch of my old friends from PC/PS2 side that made the switch over to that server once the news of the EN PC/PS2 servers being shutdown... "Oh yeah, we'll give you this awesome reward for taking place in MAG+... That you'll never get to see again cause we're shutting down the servers shortly after this..." =.=;;;

Use the recent topic (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186872) instead of bumping a dead topic.

Lacen
Apr 10, 2011, 06:33 PM
Oh. lol. Didn't notice this was dead. xD Geez Amaury, chillax. xDDDDDDD I wonder if all my old friends still play though? A bunch of em posted here but I guess that was ages ago. I think I found this thread through Google. xD I'll look through the forum next time though when I'm not so tired. xD Thanks for the info. =P

StepsonuTM
Jun 11, 2012, 11:58 PM
LP_Pheonix i read your last Character's name & its Asuka Motoko ?:D haha sorry barely learning Katakana :P but proud i ready your characters name ^^; lol

Cyanide77
Jun 12, 2012, 12:48 AM

Some people work.

Also you don't need to know a word of Japanese!

Lostbob117
Jun 12, 2012, 04:19 AM
I think that translator is broken aida.

blazingsonic
Jun 12, 2012, 01:09 PM
Find a new game or move on. When you find yourself jumping through hoops that weren't designed for you just to play this then it's time to stop.

I can't help but agree, kind woke me up from the idea of trying to continue playing PSU, if Japan doesn't want me, an American playing then fine, I'll wait for a simular game, and Ragnarok is coming in August.