PDA

View Full Version : Freakin' IMs

unicorn
Mar 11, 2010, 07:46 PM
Don't message me right away. I didn't sign in expecting an IM from you, I was hoping someone I like more chats with me first. Plus, more attractive people have priority over you.

If I don't reply, don't assume I'm ignoring you (although I might, or might just be afk). And especially don't keep IMing me! If I didn't respond to your initial greeting, and then the "???" or "are u there?" then chances are I'm not responding right away. I definetely won't respond if I see this:

"Hi"
"???"
"u there?"
(5 mins later)
"r u ignoring me? :( "
(30 seconds later)
"how r u"
"u must be busy"
(10 minutes later)
"you dont want to talk to me {{name}} :( "

{infinite loop}

WTF people. What if I'm taking a shit or something? Damn. I also have the TV on most of the time.

One particular person on my list happens to be very insecure and sometimes continues with messages like:

"why must everyone ignore me"
"i guess you don't like me that much"
"i must be boring"

Even when we start a conversation:

DepressedMoFo: "Hey, havent seen you in a while" (because I block him every now and then)
LilOlMe: "Yeah, I've been busy" (not RLY)
DepressedMoFo: "How are you? ^^ "
LilOlMe: "Pretty good, nuffin new. Youuu?"
DepressedMoFo: "Same shit..."

EVERY SINGLE TIME HE IMS ME. WTF? Then have a strawberry milkshake and cheer the f***k up! I can't continue a conversation just talking about me!

And I especially hate the people who IM *ME* first and then take forever to reply. When you IM me, I get the impression you have time to talk. Its a different story if I initiate the conversation, because you aren't entitled to continue the conversation.

So don't do this:

FicklePerson: "Heey"
LilolMe: "Hii hii"
(5 minutes later)
LilolMe: "?"
(7 minutes later)
FicklePerson: "wats up"
LilolMe: "Not much, you?"
(8 minutes later)
*I close conversation*
(5 minutes later)
FicklePerson: "nm. what are you up to?"

I MEAN PLEASE PEOPLE. Its like real life. If someone is takin a dump, you don't stand outside the door and keep trying to talk with em. And if they randomly watch TV, you don't try to interrupt them. And if you come up to someone, you should try to withhold the conversation, otherwise why come up to them in the first place? And please, most people can't reply to certain things like "I'm depressed" or "I want to die".

Powder Keg
Mar 11, 2010, 08:56 PM
That never really bothered me, unless it was as your example was, where they have absolutely nothing to talk about after going through all of that.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 11, 2010, 09:58 PM
IM, more like EMO.

Emo(tional) Messages Online. Instantly.

And please, most people can't reply to certain things like "I'm depressed" or "I want to die".
Well you already know what to do there. Offline hiding ninja mode, or block, or log off the EMO message transfer game.

zwandude15
Mar 11, 2010, 10:57 PM
Most Instant Messaging programs/sites give you the option of signing on invisibly now..

That way if you signed on and someone had sent you an offline message, it kind of gives
you the choice of replying or not at that point. They're at your disposal. :P

Volcompat321
Mar 11, 2010, 11:02 PM
I hate when I'm on my phone, and you know how AIM lets people know that the person is on their phone, and the person continues to send multiple messages.

I fucking hate that!

It happens all the time, because I'm almost never on AIM, even when I'm on my computer.

I hate having to read 10102901 messages before being able to reply to 1 of them.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 11, 2010, 11:06 PM
And please, most people can't reply to certain things like "I'm depressed" or "I want to die".

I've never actually gotten a message like that before. This disappoints me, because I have some awesome ideas of what to respond with.
"Want some help? I got a gun."

Nitro Vordex
Mar 11, 2010, 11:30 PM
The thing I hate most is when people IM you and then they don't fucking continue, or they just don't want to say anything.

Derp: Hi
Me: Heya, what's up?
Derp: nm you?
Me: -I tell them what I'm doing.-
Derp: Cool

And then I have to pick up the conversation. Or it'll be "lol". If you're just gonna send one word answers or acronyms to me(including text messages) you probably don't want to talk to me anyway.

UnderscoreX
Mar 12, 2010, 12:00 AM
I've never actually gotten a message like that before. This disappoints me, because I have some awesome ideas of what to respond with.
"Want some help? I got a gun."

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, I was going to say something important in this thread but Chuck just blew my mind all over your face and now I forgot. Tragic, really.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 12, 2010, 04:42 AM
If that's sarcasm I will feel sad and want to die. :(

Mysterious-G
Mar 12, 2010, 05:02 PM
Put him on the invisible list and don`t be so emo about it yourself. :c

AlexCraig
Mar 12, 2010, 05:46 PM
There's this one guy I had on my IM list (deleted a while ago). EVERY time he IM'd me, it was about drama in his life.
Him: Hey! Long time no see!
Me: Hey. Yeah.
Him: How've you been?
Me: Decent. You?
Him: (Enter shit about him loving a girl, but she doesn't love him/Girl he's been friend with for a long time loves him though she's with someone else who beats her/A friend of his being in the hospital or being hurt/etc, etc, etc)
Me: (Enter vague response since I've exhausted all sympathy I could in previous IMs)
Him: Yeah.
Me (Silence, followed by closing IM window and going about my business)

Blitzkommando
Mar 12, 2010, 07:18 PM
I've found people tend not to properly set up away messages which leads to the illusion that they are, in fact, sitting at the machine. I also know that messengers tend to be buggy, especially the awful AIM client, in that they won't sound off when a message is received. In fact, both issues seem to permiate the AIM client and I have to wonder why people still use that awful software to this day. Not to mention the boatloads of ads it comes with. There are so many free clients out there that are far superior and alleviate many of the issues, at least concerning false statuses and such.

lavisblade
Mar 12, 2010, 07:30 PM
I use MSN...

I almost always log on appearing offline and see if I don't want to talk to someone specific, but if I don't see anyone I wouldn't want to talk with, I turn available.

Really, if I wouldn't want to talk to someone, though, I wouldn't add them. XD

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 12, 2010, 09:34 PM
If that's sarcasm I will feel sad and want to die. :(
Well, you are just learning what emotions are.

*Link to Linkin Park* /Enter

"I want to run away / and never say goodbye / want to know the answers / no more lies
I'm gonna shut the door / and never say goodbye

Gonna Runaway / Gonna Runaway

doo doo - doo doo doo

doo doo - doo doo doo"

Plus, more attractive people have priority over you.

That could be vain, but you could tell them not being needy -drag you down with - is more attractive. Or will result in them getting more IM's whence they log on. People attracted, in another definition, to them.

Volcompat321
Mar 13, 2010, 02:19 AM
I just got an IM to my phone about nonsense.

Literally, 50 pages of "Nonsense".
Well, 50 texts, it was probably only a paragraph of em if I was on the computer.

I was pissed, because I was trying to play Pokemon!

lavisblade
Mar 13, 2010, 12:15 PM
Well, you are just learning what emotions are.

*Link to Linkin Park* /Enter

"I want to run away / and never say goodbye / want to know the answers / no more lies
I'm gonna shut the door / and never say goodbye

Gonna Runaway / Gonna Runaway

doo doo - doo doo doo

doo doo - doo doo doo"
Awwww, I love Linkin Park too...they were the first band I really listened to, and Runaway is my favorite song from them...

Is EVERYTHING I love wrong? Seriously...

Oh, and the lyrics are wrong...
"I wanna runaway, never say goodbye. I wanna know the truth, instead of wondering why. I wanna know the answers, no more lies. I wanna shut the door, and open up my mind."

Vanzazikon
Mar 13, 2010, 03:57 PM
I just got an IM to my phone about nonsense.

Literally, 50 pages of "Nonsense".
Well, 50 texts, it was probably only a paragraph of em if I was on the computer.

I was pissed, because I was trying to play Pokemon!
Texting you my lyrics isn't nonsense... u meenie ;~;

Zeek123
Mar 13, 2010, 08:06 PM
IMs? I haven't seriously IM'd since I was 13? Maybe? I got AIM so I could get some programs from friends, but that's about it. I don't really care for it. Cell phones made IMs "so last semester".

Volcompat321
Mar 13, 2010, 11:38 PM
Texting you my lyrics isn't nonsense... u meenie ;~;

Sorry!
But if that was you...:x

IMs? I haven't seriously IM'd since I was 13? Maybe? I got AIM so I could get some programs from friends, but that's about it. I don't really care for it. Cell phones made IMs "so last semester".

I still don't mind a text/IM or few from people, but the 1210921 IM's at once is what drives me nuts.

I loved my Sidekick, it had AIM and a qwerty keyboard.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 13, 2010, 11:46 PM
Awwww, I love Linkin Park too...they were the first band I really listened to, and Runaway is my favorite song from them...

Is EVERYTHING I love wrong? Seriously...

Oh, and the lyrics are wrong...
"I wanna runaway, never say goodbye. I wanna know the truth, instead of wondering why. I wanna know the answers, no more lies. I wanna shut the door, and open up my mind."
How were your runaways from your parents?

Mine went okay, forgot a toothbrush/stuff. Tried it with books and nothing else, but what angsty teenager likes homework?

-
I could have went to these advertisement rollin' "lyrics sitez" but tried to go off the memory and good thing I don't remember any of these emo Chester lyrics anymore. Did you "really listen" enough to know better by now how emo and bad the lyrics are? Sorta remember the intro thing being okay until I heard better.

Lets all forget them - starting now.
& stop pickin on that guy who likes Creed already.

Shadowpawn
Mar 13, 2010, 11:55 PM
Chester really does have some emo lyrics when he signs. I mean it's always about how he's being mistreated by either society or a woman. I swear, he does that in like 90% of the songs he's in.

EDIT:
Oh damn, I thought this was FKL. I haven't used IMs in like years but if he's that annoying just unfriend him.

Zeek123
Mar 14, 2010, 08:28 AM
What old man?! You like Creed?!

No biggie... It could be worse.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 14, 2010, 09:52 AM
No, I've never listened to any Creed to have an opinion of it.

But this is what I remember about music tastes and Lavis asking if he would get picked on about it. Linkin Park pickin on mees hasn't happened in a while around here.

lavisblade
Mar 14, 2010, 11:42 AM
How were your runaways from your parents?

Mine went okay, forgot a toothbrush/stuff. Tried it with books and nothing else, but what angsty teenager likes homework?

-
I could have went to these advertisement rollin' "lyrics sitez" but tried to go off the memory and good thing I don't remember any of these emo Chester lyrics anymore. Did you "really listen" enough to know better by now how emo and bad the lyrics are? Sorta remember the intro thing being okay until I heard better.

Lets all forget them - starting now.
& stop pickin on that guy who likes Creed already.
I've actually never run away...

I'm not really emo, I just like emo music, and happen to have mostly black shirts...but I act WAY un-emo to be emo...plus I absolutely hate cutting, and anything other kind of hurting myself...

I didn't remember them off the top of my head, either (haven't listened to it in quite a while), so I listened to it on youtube and wrote those down while it played...lol

Honestly, I know Linkin Park is pretty plain, not a whole lot of skill lyrically and whatnot, but I love them. I don't know why, really, but I do. Call it nostalgia.

Wow. I like Creed too. What is wrong with me? LAWL

NegaTsukasa
Apr 9, 2010, 10:00 AM
lol

Perhaps its mostly on me, but every time I auto-log on my messenger and skype when my computer turns on I usually have to immediately exit the sign in because 85% of the time people try to burst into my chat box to start a random conversation at the most inconvenient of times.
then most messages end up just going off into silent ville or are just about things I can't directly respond to persay. >.>