PDA

View Full Version : Putting up with the bad partners in freeplay

Sleeper
Mar 12, 2010, 06:35 AM
We all have had sucky free play partners, why not post them here and read about others!

psofan219
Mar 12, 2010, 09:15 AM
Okay, well, I hate it when people spam "Let's Go!" while you're off exploring for any possible rare areas... It gets annoying, and I've even had a couple people drop, which to me is just flat out hilarious. If you want to rush bosses, do so on single-player mode. If you're going on WiFi, you'd better be ready to explore every room, because not everyone's gonna wanna boss rush.

mid Knight
Mar 12, 2010, 09:51 AM
Well my recent annoyance with freeplay is lately I'm been pair up with a low level player (less then level 65) in super hard mode stage like Paru, Ruin or Plant. Well it ok having a low level character as long it's a full team not just two.
The ones I have encounter is they alway get killed in the first few rooms and tend to log out one or two rooms later wasting my time. Mind you I do heal that player or try to take the hits if I playing as a Cast but they should be capable of handling the stage. I fine with low level player if they don't get killed or evade or take alot of hits like he or she is wearing a 7 stars armor and slots or using 7 stars weapons. I mean seriously if your less then level 65 just stick to Valley, Snowfield or Wetland to level up since you have to predict that you could be put in a two players team in the harder stages. This is why I avoiding the last stage for the time being.

King_Yoshi42
Mar 12, 2010, 10:29 AM
-People who drop out because they don't like the stage/not enough players/etc

-People who only revive AFTER they kill everything

-People who have instakill weapons of doom(not annoying, but makes me feel useless. At least we got done fast!)

-Teams of HUcast players (not a single Resta user -_-, plus I'm a RAcast, so I'm underpowered)

I'll add more when I remember them.

Kirukia
Mar 12, 2010, 12:33 PM
The other day I was traveling with a HUmar (I think) on my RAcaseal. Like 3 rooms in, I had used up about half my dimates. He didn't resta me once. So I just left. I was also damaged at that time, and he just ran on to the next room. He healed himself, but not me. It was so irritating, especially because I was doing most of the damage.

Lancen
Mar 12, 2010, 12:47 PM
I usually turn my HUnewm into a Force everytime I do Freeplay so I can heal my partners.

Kirukia
Mar 12, 2010, 12:50 PM
I do that too if I'm in a group with all casts or something.
I like how versatile HUnewms are :]

Lancen
Mar 12, 2010, 12:52 PM
They are lovely. Unfortunately I still don't have a super strong weapon when it comes to turning my HUnewm into a force so I have to use my maxed out Caduceus. -_-

Kirukia
Mar 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
Lol I used to use that.
Now I'll use a Kerykion (or however it's spelled) that I randomly picked up off the ground xD

Lancen
Mar 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
Hmm I'll be sure to be on the lookout for it or check if any of my friends have already found one. =]

Kirukia
Mar 12, 2010, 12:58 PM
I think Pelcatraz in SH drop it. Good luck ^^

Lancen
Mar 12, 2010, 01:00 PM
Bleh I'm barely done with Normal. So that'll take me a while lmao.

Dnd
Mar 12, 2010, 01:22 PM
having a group with 3 forces and not one using shifta/deband (lv11-15) or even jellen/zalure and just insist spamming techs. in that situation im the stupid one and buff (and use a trap vision, i love the change from PSO) them... then proceed to take ages on the mid-stage teleporter =D.

mostly, however i just grin and bare the bad players (lv60s in superhard, that underestmate it) because theres bound to be a good one sooner or later

EDIT: in a group of 3 casts, i change into a HUFOnewearl... changing 920atp into 908 mst within seconds is dead handy

ARChan
Mar 12, 2010, 02:32 PM
I found a rather large of disgraceful HUmar in my playing experience. They just run around with a Cyal and stand around while they let their female counterpart do her thing >.>;

Naeyth
Mar 12, 2010, 02:37 PM
I really dislike Forces that do not buff Shifta/Deband etc.. before the 2nd half. Com'on while waiting for the rest of the party won't it be easy to just charge up the tech and just release it when everyone is waiting for you? :s

Draquoir
Mar 12, 2010, 02:53 PM
The worst partner is the one that one guy who not only has all the high leveled equips he could possibly get for his character but also doesn't approve of me using slicers on my force and not techs, I'm using a sdjz setup and he's just spamming OH NO! And GOOD WORK! I hate that one guy.

Then there's one chick who decides not to revive me after I die literally the shot before killing Chaos and Mobius.

Both "Japanese" Players.

Otherwise I've found the others to be ok to party with.

Google
Mar 12, 2010, 03:33 PM
I just don't like the people who quit. Not buffing is unintelligent though.

chibiLegolas
Mar 12, 2010, 05:18 PM
Wainting a long time to match up with someone for SHard game, just for them to drop out in the beginning.

I don't mind if ppl drop out from the beginning so much. But it's the fact that I had to wait so long to find these ppl in the first place. Only to find no one on for SHard games in general. I had to dish out my low leveled characters to fiind ppl on normal.

The_Pup
Mar 12, 2010, 05:36 PM
I usually dislike being put in a situation where players go off clearing other rooms before finishing off the current room.

I also dislike having to be put in situations where two players drop out in the middle of the game just because they feel they can't go on. Happened to me on Arca a few weeks ago, and was left with a newbie HUmar. He was pretty much devastated when we came across rooms with Arks (he usually died early, I got fed up and switched from Anti to Jellen and used up all my Moons on one Ark) or 3 Finjers (had trouble with these myself, because I usually get caught up in near-continuous laser spam without more people hitstunning them or acting as cannonfodder).

---

Two days ago, in an unrelated note... Was paired up with a RAmar through Ozette, noone else. Was a pretty good run. Got to Octo Diablo... He had enough HP to survive hard tentacle smashes where I didn't (he was 10 levels lower, so he probably used some HP mats) during the first half. When he got sucked up and chewed on (it was mostly him being victimized by that attack 8D) once, I was Alrestaing him through it like I did when he got sucked up the first time, except I was holding down the palette switch and using Alanti wondering why I wasn't healing... Felt stupid >.>

Also... Another Ozette run two days ago in Free Play. With four players. The camera bugged out during the first half of the Octo Diablo fight, and I had to fight with a fixed camera which didn't track my character. I ran away from the group to where the camera was facing Octo so I could see where his tentacles were going to land... Didn't work out well, so I went back to the group and not being able to see Octo or associated attacks... Camera fixed itself during the second half of the fight... Don't want to now how that would've worked out with a fixed camera >.>

FOmarRashidi
Mar 12, 2010, 06:58 PM
I recall a couple other topics on freeplay on this forum that had some good stories on there but I don't feel like digging them up right now. The most I'll say about freeplay is I only did a couple times and had one good experience and one bad experience. I would do it but I find playing with those on your friend codes roster more fun. And yes, I realize some of you out there don't always have people on your friend codes roster online and find yourselves doing freeplay instead.

zeital
Mar 12, 2010, 07:05 PM
i've only had one or to bad freeplay times, both times i droped out cuz they where being dumb. other than that i get good runs in freeplay cuz when i go in late at night i'm mainly playing with a full party of Japanese players XD

Sleeper
Mar 13, 2010, 07:47 AM
I was lvling up noob force in freeplay he can see im on low health does he heal me, not at all, I die he disconnects

Sethimothy
Mar 13, 2010, 12:46 PM
I think I've been that bad Freeplay player more often than not. It's difficult to communicate when you have such a limited number of phrases to work with, and what works in single player mode doesn't always work well in team play. For example, in single player, if you buff and then enter a boss fight, you'll probably lose the buffs because cutscenes do that. In team play, though, buffing before entering makes a lot of sense.

Matanaeh
Mar 13, 2010, 07:07 PM
i hate it when i get a team full of people that know eachother and all leave before the boss on SH saying that their too weak or its too hard... how damn annoying especially when they were higher lvl and when we finally got to mother trinity after a decent grind-fest throughout the area's. Also when the force only attacks i have to go in and heal the hunters.

Sleeper
Mar 13, 2010, 08:24 PM
I once had to fight octo diablo with a really low lvl force who kept spamming help me every time he would take a hit even though im a raCAST. In the end i just screamed GO AWAY U CAN HEAL URSELF in the middle of my living room.

lol

Sleeper
Mar 14, 2010, 04:16 AM
My partnership just reached a new low. I was using my force in freeplay with a raCAST which is my favorite class. The guy kept killing me by setting of traps. Then he started spamming help me whenever he got caught n the blast. I disconnected. Bam.

FOmarRashidi
Mar 14, 2010, 05:50 PM
Here's a couple previous threads that discuss freeplay:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173398

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172706

Sleeper
Mar 16, 2010, 02:49 AM
I was just slaughted by blade mother while playing as my huCAST because i kept healing npc. not raly free play but very annoying

Parasite159
Mar 16, 2010, 07:16 AM
I was just slaughted by blade mother while playing as my huCAST because i kept healing spammer on freeplay

i thought you could only do ET in single player mode?

Sleeper
Mar 16, 2010, 07:26 AM
Sorry i made mistake check edit

King_Yoshi42
Mar 23, 2010, 09:08 AM
30 minuites.

That's how long I played Free Play today. AND, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE MINUITES, I SPENT DOING NOTHING.

I went through 10 straight matches of people quitting before we did anything. It was extremly annoying. It makes me which there was a preset "Damn you all!" chat.

You know what really kills it? It was with the same people EVERY FREAKING TIME.

FOmarRashidi
Mar 23, 2010, 03:37 PM
^

I'm not surprised that happened to you, Yoshi. I did a lot of freeplay a couple weekends back and one of the flaws I've encountered with it is how it takes so long sometimes to be paired up with people that want to do the whole run with you. My other complaints about freeplay is you don't actually get a choice of where you want to go because when your narrow your search (let's say Super Hard and Paru), it'll dump you on Normal in the Valley when you cleared indicated you didn't want to go there. And I wish there was more chat options. It seems weird I can't say "You're welcome!" when I'm being thanked for something.

Kytan
Mar 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
The only people that I really hate on freeplay are the ones that don't wait for the rest of the party after a room is cleared. If I wait, then I lose experience, if I go, then I lose items D:

Google
Mar 23, 2010, 06:09 PM
The only people that I really hate on freeplay are the ones that don't wait for the rest of the party after a room is cleared. If I wait, then I lose experience, if I go, then I lose items D:
You go with them then when you get to the halfway point where there's a blue barrier thing or the warp to the boss then go back and get the items. I bet it really annoys them having to wait too. :D

FOmarRashidi
Mar 23, 2010, 07:32 PM
You go with them then when you get to the halfway point where there's a blue barrier thing or the warp to the boss then go back and get the items. I bet it really annoys them having to wait too. :D

It would annoy them more if you act as though you don't know how to touch the gate properly. :-P. However, I'm not that mean.

kirtblue
Mar 23, 2010, 11:19 PM

im not really sure what your saying here why not pick up items as you go are you picking up items one by one or something?

chibiLegolas
Mar 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
im not really sure what your saying here why not pick up items as you go are you picking up items one by one or something?

I think he meant that there are times where ppl will ignore boxes that aren't enemy drops. Boxes that are a bit out of the way, near a trap, etc. Or just plain don't see a red box, would ignore them and push forward into the next room without waiting. I've seen it happen.

chibiLegolas
Mar 24, 2010, 01:46 PM
Last night in a freeplay SHard Humilias run:

RAcast lvl 65+ : kept dying vs. Humilias and Arkzein. No scapes. Never uses heal traps or burn traps. But still fought a good fight (with crappy PA's + weapons).

HUcast lvl 75+ : dies on Humilias & Arkzein. Never uses moons, stars, sols, heal/burn traps till fight is over (even if 2 ppl are already dead). And non of those heal items are in his palette, even heal traps on Humilias fight!

HUmar lvl 100 : Dies when other 2 casts are dead. laid back fighting. 1/2 the fight he just waits at the entrance or hangs out in the previous room looking at loot. No resta/anti/buffs the WHOLE game. No moons either. But when HE dies, he just spams "help me" repetitively.

HUcaseal lvl 89 (me) : Never before have I used up so many moons and heal traps on a run before, just to revive others. And remember, I can hold up to 9 heal traps + 5 moons at a time. And had to return to town several times just to restock on consumables. Why the heck do I have to heal the whole team as a cast?! I wouldn't feel so bad if only the other casts were compotent enough to heal/revive others as well and save me the trip to town.
It's sad to see the casts die nearly immediatly after I revived them. It's clear they ran out of mates. I guess they haven't mastered the "dodge" button.

I would of dropped the game if I weren't desperate to have a Humilias run last night. That board seems to be the least played board in general.
But in general, it's rare to have all THREE players be bad. Usually it's just the 1.

Chukie sue
Mar 24, 2010, 02:29 PM
It just annoys me when a FO/HUmar(l) only buff themselves when they could have easily buffed the whole party.

Tsuhei
Mar 24, 2010, 02:35 PM
Oh, I especially love it when you're zooming through an area..like the valley or the snowfield..and after you clear each and every single room on SHard mode and get to the boss...the whole party drops. It's happened twice. >=/

King_Yoshi42
Mar 24, 2010, 03:00 PM
Apparently the Japs hate hackers as much as we do, cause Reve kept showing up and everyone dropped <_<

Evila
Mar 25, 2010, 11:52 AM
Usually I get pretty good parties, but I'll never forget this one truly awful party that I got stuck with once in Super Hard mode. It was three HUmars which gave me a bit of a laugh at first, but then things turned bad. The best one dropped at the midpoint. He said sorry first though, so I figure it was something important. Anyways, that left me with the bumbling guy who kept spamming weak joke weapons and the other guy who literally stood around and did nothing every other room. Like you know the log piles in Rioh Snowfield? He'd just make a beeline towards them and stand back there. I got so fed up with them that I changed my pallet to all buffs and debuffs, foie, and resta only and just destroyed everything as fast as possible. 8V

Matanaeh
Mar 25, 2010, 12:36 PM
not sure if this i the reason but i played a game with a hacker (was playing as the mayor with PSO dragon slayer) and my whole game was corrupted as soon as my party went through the teleporter. lost everything and even got a replacement game from game. *sniff*

th3Daimyo
Mar 25, 2010, 03:00 PM
People who don't revive you when you kill a boss. Lets say your party just killed Falz and theres a White D right there. But then they all D/C and you have to D/C aswell >:(

Sleeper
Mar 27, 2010, 12:00 AM
I was doing a pplant run with a lvl 40 Fomar who kept using teqhniuqes on red boxes. I can understand it if your partener is being annoying but I was being fine. even though he was a fomar he kept spamming help and Oh no so every so often i would heal him with a star atom but he would keep spamming help. eventually he died to humillias and i didnt revive him.
It was a bit low but he deserved it