PDA

View Full Version : Rare Map?

Redpaige13
Mar 19, 2010, 05:10 AM
Hoy! I'll try to keep this short n' sweet.

I'm currently spamming the caca outta Dancing Birds C, and you can probably guess why. I want them Igg Crowns!

I hate pestering my friends too much for them to join me for Flowery Pursuit, 'cause I'm sure they're all annoyed of me by now. Plus.. I either never have enough friends online to help, or they're busy doing something else.

I've read PSUpedia about Dancing Birds, and I've looked over the chart numerous times, but.. my dumbass self can't understand that chart very well. ^^;

I was wondering if anyone could help explain it to me, and how to notice if I've stumbled across a rare map or not?

Thank you very much in advance! :3

desturel
Mar 19, 2010, 07:30 AM
Dancing Birds has a horrendously low rare spawn rate. You're probably reading the chart correctly, but just not getting the right map.

Anyway, here's a shot explanation. In Dancing Birds, there are three types of enemies per block. Rappy, Kakwane and something else. The "specific enemy" spawn is the first non-rappy/Kakwane spawn you see in a map. This is one of the reasons Dancing Birds is such a horrible map to rare hunt on as sometimes you have to kill two or three spawns before you can even tell if it's a good map or not.

On map variation A (I'm assuming you can tell the various maps apart), the first non-rappy spawn you should see is Kudetob, the foie birds. If you see Ollaka or Go Booma on block one, abandon because you have the incorrect map. If you do see Kudetob, continue to block 2. On block 2 you should again see Kudetob. If you seem Go Booma instead you have a bad map.

Variation A is the most straight forward so it probably needed no explanation. If you see something other than Kudetob, Rappy and Kakwane you've got it wrong.

Map variation B is a bit confusing. The "second spawn" refers to the spawn when you run up the bridge and head to the right. You will see rappy there After you kill the first few rappy, Kakwane should appear. If more Rappy appear then you have a bad map and should abandon. If it's rappy followed by Kakwane, after you head through the door, you should see Kakwane inside of the cave. If you see rappy inside of the cave, you have a bad map. From that point on, once you see Kakwane, you won't know if you have a good map until you get to block 3. Just make sure you see Kudetob on Block 2. Otherwise you mis-read the initial spawn and should start over. They really should mention the specific enemy for block 1 on variation B on the chart. I use to know it, but I've forgotten at this point. I can do the run later today (after work) and confirm it for you if you are interested.

Variation B is the most confusing of the three and also the most time consuming since you have to fight all of the way through block 2 to find out if the map is right.

Map variation C is again straight forward, but not as easy as map A. Basically the first non-rappy/kakwane spawn you should see is Ollaka. If you see Go Booma or Kudetob, it's the wrong map. On block 2 you should see Go Booma, if there are Kudetob it's the wrong map.

Variation C is the simplest to run on S2 since you don't have to worry about catching a Kudetob foie in the back for massive damage. This shouldn't be a problem since you are running the mission on C however.

Hopefully this helps.

Redpaige13
Mar 19, 2010, 07:42 AM
Oh man, you've been SO much help! Alright! Now I know what the hell to do. XD

I can't thank ya enough! And you don't have to do the run, I don't want to burden you or anything like that, at least more than I have by asking for help. lol

Again, thank you so much!!

voodlar
Mar 22, 2010, 08:11 AM
Be careful!!!! I found that the picture on PSUpedia is somewhat incorrect!

The map with the NW path that starts with the top of the first room cut off was switched pictorally with the other NW path map (variants A&C). So I'll do my best to get it straight for you. A friend and I spammed parallel missions at least a thousand times and we did eventually nail Igg crowns.

NW - cutoff top ---> This is the only map that is guaranteed to be rare if the spawns are correct. Basically you need to see purple kudetobs in both blocks. If you see go boomas or ollaka, abandon. (correct previous info was posted)

NE (variant B) --> Even if spawns are correct on this map you only have a slight chance of it being rare. I do mean slight! -- but it does happen. Desturel spawn info is on the money.

NW (top revealed, skinny path) --> Desturel's info is exact but I have never found this to be rare. (The spawns that are supposed to happen for it to be rare never do!!) In fact, a friend and I found a wierd fifth type of variant B where go boomas spawned (and they should not have!!! kakwane followed rappy across bridge!!) This accounts for the 12th map meaning there may not be a rare for this variant.

What I meant is that the picture in psupedia for A and C used to be swapped incorrectly. I'm not sure if it has been changed???? The NW, cut-off top at start has a fat nw path. -- that works. The skinny NW path never works. NE is a crap shoot not in your favor.
Hope this helps !! -- Good Luck!

A last good deed before my final log off. :)