PDA

View Full Version : Guardians Cash

dias_flac_0g
Mar 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
I understand that after we get the Supplemental Update we gonna have the option to buy upgrades for our weapons.

My question is for those how know how it works. How does upgrading the % on weapons work? For example, if I have a 38% Rucar can I up grade it to 50%? Or is there a certain limit? For example, is the limit something like not over 40% or something like that? Or is the limit like you can only add 20% to that said weapon regardless of it's current %?

padiwac
Mar 19, 2010, 12:15 PM
Using GC you can get it to 40% and 8/10.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 19, 2010, 06:40 PM
Damn so anything 40%+ can't be upgraded with GC?

That's lame lol.

Powder Keg
Mar 19, 2010, 07:28 PM
That isn't lame at all.

Still, we're uncertain that GC will even hit the 360 servers. It's not the same here with different obstacles as well.

Max B
Mar 19, 2010, 08:55 PM
That isn't lame at all.

Still, we're uncertain that GC will even hit the 360 servers. It's not the same here with different obstacles as well.

Yes, we still do not know if we are getting Supp. Update never mind GC.

Anon_Fire
Mar 19, 2010, 09:00 PM
GUARDIANS Cash might use Microsoft Points

DragonStriker
Mar 19, 2010, 10:34 PM
Damn so anything 40%+ can't be upgraded with GC?

That's lame lol.

I'm going to find and burn you. :( Why do people even think about taking the easy way out to get better gear? :(

Volcompat321
Mar 20, 2010, 01:33 AM
I'm going to find and burn you. :( Why do people even think about taking the easy way out to get better gear? :(

Something I can agree with you on.

Even if I had the extra money to put into PSU (if Pc/PS2 didn't die) I wouldn't even think about spending it on getting high % gear or armor.

The missions are fine, because there's nothing we can do about them being GC, and not free, but when it comes to something that makes the game more interesting, like obtaining high % gear....it's just not right.

Tek[+]Lok
Mar 20, 2010, 11:55 AM
Because not everyone has hundreds of hours to play the game despite enjoying it. Perhaps they have a busy job which in the end gives them a higher spending budget. I would probably do it for my favorite weapon or something.

darthplagis
Mar 20, 2010, 12:07 PM
^ ^ ^^ this exactly.

GC would be a nice way for those who dont have puberty to come and all the constraints of a working life, to get the gear the have to the level they want.

but i hope if we get it that GC mod items are account bound.

Persan 47
Mar 20, 2010, 03:03 PM
the rumors sais that the 360 servers will recive GC 26/3 but tho i have to say its great for people like me who dont have much time to play and still a pretty fat IRL budget. and almost all GC weapons will be account bound :) wich i think is very good otherwise the economy wuld be ruined and GC is a part of the supplemental update that will bring 160 new items (not at the same time) but they will be released quicker than schedual because the 360 servers will shut down next year. Even tho this is just a rumor and i have not found any solid proof that GC will be released for 360, we can only hope and wait.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 21, 2010, 01:43 PM
I would really appreciate it if people actually answered my question isnted of 'why would you even want GC?" I'm not trying to be rude but if you have nothing productive to say then don't say anything, you would be much more helpful that way ^_^

I hate when people try to judge others on how they play their game. If it's in the rules and not like haxing then by all means do what you want :)

That aside thanks for the few who tried answering my question.

Hopefully we can get out weps to 50%. I have a lot of cool weps at like 46% (46% dark Rucar 2/10) getting that 4% on it to make it perfect would be pretty cool.

But ya if it's only up to 40% regardless then that's gonna suck :(

DragonStriker
Mar 21, 2010, 06:34 PM
I would really appreciate it if people actually answered my question isnted of 'why would you even want GC?" I'm not trying to be rude but if you have nothing productive to say then don't say anything, you would be much more helpful that way ^_^

I hate when people try to judge others on how they play their game. If it's in the rules and not like haxing then by all means do what you want :)

Hopefully we can get out weps to 50%. I have a lot of cool weps at like 46% (46% dark Rucar 2/10) getting that 4% on it to make it perfect would be pretty cool.

Anyone who says they "want" Guardians Cash is an absolute moron. Considering PSU is already one of the most expensive online 360 games, anyone wanting to pay more for content that they could give us as part of normal updates anyway is as I said moronic. The idea of using money to upgrade weapons is pretty pathetic. Just play the freaking game like everyone else and EARN your stuff and be proud of what you have earned. And before some idiot responds with "You can't earn things because it's all luck" or "I'm not lucky" if luck were the determining factor then why do the people who play the most have all the best gear? Obviously the more times you do something the better chance you have of getting something. And I have yet to find someone who is "unlucky" everyone goes through luck and unlucky stages, just shut up and play.

People are banned currently for buying meseta or selling meseta. With Guardians Cash you have the ability to buy and sell meseta, Sega changes the rules aslong as they make a profit. So shut the hell up about "rules" and "haxing" because Guardians Cash does indeed affect everyone else.

Volcompat321
Mar 21, 2010, 06:44 PM
Lok;2465531']Because not everyone has hundreds of hours to play the game despite enjoying it. Perhaps they have a busy job which in the end gives them a higher spending budget. I would probably do it for my favorite weapon or
something.

I still don't get it.
The point of playing a game is to PLAY, not just pay for something to get you into the top ranking spots.
That's not playing, that's buying your way to the top.
I guarantee you, anyone that got their gear without GC will have more skill, and feel like they accomplished a lot more, by earning their gear.

There aren't many good players that have hundreds of hours to play!
Everyone has to have a job, or some sort of income, so it's not like everyone with the best equips plays 24/7.
I don't see your point by saying "not everyone has hundreds of hours to play".

People are banned currently for buying meseta or selling meseta. With Guardians Cash you have the ability to buy and sell meseta, Sega changes the rules aslong as they make a profit. Guardians Cash does indeed affect everyone else.

Pretty much.

DragonStriker
Mar 21, 2010, 07:04 PM
If you can't play hundreds of hours yet you want to be the best, find a new game? or get better so gear isn't a hinderence.

Shinko
Mar 21, 2010, 07:25 PM
To answer your question. No really knows if we're getting Guardians Cash. And if we do most likely it'll be just like japans. So that means that yes it will only go to 40+

They have give people who put a lot of effort in to this game something that make them stand out. I myself actually wouldn't have a BIG problem with CG if this game was free to play. But it isn't so I do. It's either one or the other you don't do both... -_-

dias_flac_0g
Mar 21, 2010, 07:49 PM
Anyone who says they "want" Guardians Cash is an absolute moron. Considering PSU is already one of the most expensive online 360 games, anyone wanting to pay more for content that they could give us as part of normal updates anyway is as I said moronic. The idea of using money to upgrade weapons is pretty pathetic. Just play the freaking game like everyone else and EARN your stuff and be proud of what you have earned. And before some idiot responds with "You can't earn things because it's all luck" or "I'm not lucky" if luck were the determining factor then why do the people who play the most have all the best gear? Obviously the more times you do something the better chance you have of getting something. And I have yet to find someone who is "unlucky" everyone goes through luck and unlucky stages, just shut up and play.

xD

Again, I could careless what you think. What I do with my money is MY business, you have no right to call someone a "moron" because he/she wants GC in the game. The fact that you are resorting to silly name calling (**** that I did back in third grade) makes you seem like the "moron" here.

You aren't anyone special or anyone important to judge another player based on how he plays his/her game. If that offends you then i'm sorry, that's your problem not mine.

Like I said earlier, if you don't have anything better to say or something productive to the topic/question itself it's best to keep your mouth shut, since you will be much more helpful that way ^_^

Anon_Fire
Mar 21, 2010, 07:56 PM
Uh guys, Microsoft Points might be used instead of GUARDIANS Cash.

milranduil
Mar 21, 2010, 08:18 PM
I guarantee you, anyone that got their gear without GC will have more skill

That's a bit of a generalization don't you think? People can still be quite familiar with the classes that they play as, but using GC doesn't make them any less intelligent. Just makes it easier for them to have ideal equips for TAing, completing hunts faster, whatever the case may be.

DragonStriker
Mar 21, 2010, 08:19 PM
xD

Again, I could careless what you think. What I do with my money is MY business, you have no right to call someone a "moron" because he/she wants GC in the game. The fact that you are resorting to silly name calling (**** that I did back in third grade) makes you seem like the "moron" here.

You aren't anyone special or anyone important to judge another player based on how he plays his/her game. If that offends you then i'm sorry, that's your problem not mine.

Like I said earlier, if you don't have anything better to say or something productive to the topic/question itself it's best to keep your mouth shut, since you will be much more helpful that way ^_^

Amazing come back!!!!!!.........(Insert sarcastic laughter here) I never said I'm anyone "special" and it's not the fact you "want" Guardians Cash that makes you a moron. (See my earlier posts) it's the clear fact you don't understand using your cash to upgrade your stuff is currently against the terms of use and that it makes no sense why you would want to play this game. Go play something where using your money doesn't affect the rest of us if you don't want to be made fun of. Anyways I'm going to go back and enjoy third grade and work on my insults.

Funny enough how angry you got over me using a "third grade" insult.

milranduil
Mar 21, 2010, 08:22 PM
using your cash to upgrade your stuff is currently against the terms of use

It's funny because it's also stated that Sega can make whatever modifications they want to the game in those same ToS.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 21, 2010, 08:41 PM
Amazing come back!!!!!!.........(Insert sarcastic laughter here) I never said I'm anyone "special" and it's not the fact you "want" Guardians Cash that makes you a moron. (See my earlier posts) it's the clear fact you don't understand using your cash to upgrade your stuff is currently against the terms of use and that it makes no sense why you would want to play this game. Go play something where using your money doesn't affect the rest of us if you don't want to be made fun of. Anyways I'm going to go back and enjoy third grade and work on my insults.

Funny enough how angry you got over me using a "third grade" insult.

It's sad that you think that i'm even trying to make a "comeback" i'm just making a clear statement. You're the only one here stressing over this. Trying to make silly insults. No one else is nor am I :)

If anything I just want my question answered o.o

Buying messta is currently illegal so what? If sega wants to make a few adjustments then that's fine by me ^_^

As for you being affected by this BOO ****ing Hoo! xD I don't really care if it affects you or not :(

As for being "mad" now that's just funny, i'm clearly ejoying myself. As a matter a fact once you start to bore me I will clearly just ignore you like the non "important" silly forum dweller that you are xD

It's funny because it's also stated that Sega can make whatever modifications they want to the game in those same ToS.

True dat!

Hence not being illegat anymore =P

Like someone else said, they could very well use Micro points for us 360 users.

DragonStriker
Mar 21, 2010, 09:05 PM
That's a bit of a generalization don't you think? People can still be quite familiar with the classes that they play as, but using GC doesn't make them any less intelligent. Just makes it easier for them to have ideal equips for TAing, completing hunts faster, whatever the case may be.

I agree, as stated before gear doesn't necesarily mean skill.

I do understand that, and if Guardians Cash comes to 360 then it won't be against terms of use. Although currently it is.

Volcompat321
Mar 21, 2010, 10:23 PM

Yes, I'm sure it is a huge generalization. :o

For you though, you've been using GC, but you've already put in a lot of work on 1 server, why do it again on another?

So, for people that use it to "catch up" to what they used to have, go for it.
I don't have a huge problem with GC, but when you can only get items or %(not so much this) on items through GC then it kind of ruins the games for others.

Maybe not ruins, but hinders.

If I accomplished a 50% 10/10 or just 10/10 palette of super rares the "old fashioned" way, and then some new guy, or guy that has had nothing his/her entire time of the game comes up to me with 40% 10/10's or 10/10's boasting about his gear (you know, after he bought his gear, and hasn't "earned" it).

I'd be quite furious.
Thankfully for myself I've never accomplished a 50% 10/10 palette, and had to deal with GC made weapons.

Now, I love the idea of the GC missions.
I don't like the idea that you still have to pay for the game, because if you have to pay for certain missions, the game itself should have no monthly/annual fee.

But that's here nor there.

The GC missions are pretty fun, and I liked each one I've done.
I just don't like the idea of paying for gear, but mostly because I like to try and earn my gear by synthing or earning meseta to purchase it from player shops.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 21, 2010, 11:05 PM
Yes, I'm sure it is a huge generalization. :o

For you though, you've been using GC, but you've already put in a lot of work on 1 server, why do it again on another?

So, for people that use it to "catch up" to what they used to have, go for it.
I don't have a huge problem with GC, but when you can only get items or %(not so much this) on items through GC then it kind of ruins the games for others.

Maybe not ruins, but hinders.

If I accomplished a 50% 10/10 or just 10/10 palette of super rares the "old fashioned" way, and then some new guy, or guy that has had nothing his/her entire time of the game comes up to me with 40% 10/10's or 10/10's boasting about his gear (you know, after he bought his gear, and hasn't "earned" it).

I'd be quite furious.
Thankfully for myself I've never accomplished a 50% 10/10 palette, and had to deal with GC made weapons.

Now, I love the idea of the GC missions.
I don't like the idea that you still have to pay for the game, because if you have to pay for certain missions, the game itself should have no monthly/annual fee.

But that's here nor there.

The GC missions are pretty fun, and I liked each one I've done.
I just don't like the idea of paying for gear, but mostly because I like to try and earn my gear by synthing or earning meseta to purchase it from player shops.

Hey you can still eran your gear the "old school" way. No one is really stopping you. It's not like GC will stop you from doing it.

You explained your point quite well, but I refuse to understand it because of this "I'd be quite furious." So you are basically telling me that something so silly is enough to infuriate you? LMAO.

I'm not trying to make fun of you, but wow really? That's enough to piss you off and ruin your time on psu? If something to small is enough to gain such a reaction from you then I would hate to know how your real life is.

Like I said earlier, GC will NOT stop you from playing psu how you want to play it (old school). The fact that you are SOOO WORRIED about what OTHERS do is what makes your whole point crash and have little significance.

You should spend more time worrying about yourself than worrying about what other users do with their time and money. You will be much happier that way ^_^

Volcompat321
Mar 21, 2010, 11:18 PM
Actually, my real life is quite well.
I'm not a very angry person.

You're not thinking of this full scale.

For me, PSU is about playing the way you want, with others.

If I have to spend 500 hours getting what I want/need to be "the best", and someone can just come right along, have less than 5 hours and just blow my work out of the water....yea, it hurts.

PSU with GC is worse than communism. (the % and whatnot part, not the mission part, cause I like that :p)

Maybe it wont actually infuriate me, but I will get kind of peeved.
Honestly, no, I don't care what people have in their equips.
I am not a TAer, I do not race, I do not like people taking shortcuts. (well, all in past tense now).

You're right, no one will stop me from playing the way I want, and no one should be able to.
But, when these examples come up, and people can just become "awesome" overnight, I have no incentive to play.

If you can pay your way to the top, what's the point in playing?
This is a game, not a business.

PSU is not real life, it's okay to "worry" about what others do.
My point has great significance, and did not crash.

I don't see how you can say that.
Basically what you're doing different from the way you see Alpal's posts are just having a different point of view.

You can say all day you're not trying to make fun of me(you're not, but you are "bashing me" in a way), but that doesn't mean you're not actually doing it.

Just like I can say I'm not prejudice, and then go around gay bashing.

Like I said, will it actually piss me off, or infuriate me? No, it really wont, but I would give up the game because of it.
Well, technically I'm being forced out of the game anyway, because I'm not going to buy a 360 and play on that server, and my laptop is on it's death bed, so I can play JP PSU.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 21, 2010, 11:53 PM
"Well, technically I'm being forced out of the game anyway, because I'm not going to buy a 360 and play on that server, and my laptop is on it's death bed, so I can play JP PSU."

Then why are we even talking about this in the first place seeing as you don't even play psu!!! =P

I know I know, you play on PC but honestly I don't count PS2/Pc anymore seeing as there's like a week left for them lol.

I will say one thing though. I personally don't give a **** what people use, what kinda weps people have, how much money they have. You get the point. I much rather mind my own business and do my own thing rather than 'worry" about what other people use or do. As long as it doesn't affect me (like haxing my room or something like that) then I could careless. Seeing as it's not affecting me directly.

People just need to stop trying to "police" what other people do. Funny how you bring up Communism, seeing as you are trying to "police/control" what other users do with THEIR OWN MONEY. hey you said it yourself. "It's okay to be worry about what other users do" you said it yourself =P

Just stop being nousy my friend. let people play their game and let them spend their money. It's their own money after all NOT YOURS. This is why I "bashed you". I hope you can understand that.

DragonStriker
Mar 21, 2010, 11:57 PM
"Well, technically I'm being forced out of the game anyway, because I'm not going to buy a 360 and play on that server, and my laptop is on it's death bed, so I can play JP PSU."

Then why are we even talking about this in the first place seeing as you don't even play psu!!! =P

I know I know, you play on PC but honestly I don't count PS2/Pc anymore seeing as there's like a week left for them lol.

I will say one thing though. I personally don't give a **** what people use, what kinda weps people have, how much money they have. You get the point. I much rather mind my own business and do my own thing rather than 'worry" about what other people use or do. As long as it doesn't affect me (like haxing my room or something like that) then I could careless. Seeing as it's not affecting me directly.

People just need to stop trying to "police" what other people do. Funny how you bring up Communism, seeing as you are trying to "police/control" what other users do with THEIR OWN MONEY. hey you said it yourself. "It's okay to be worry about what other users do" you said it yourself =P

Just stop being nousy my friend. let people play their game and let them spend their money. It's their own money after all NOT YOURS. This is why I "bashed you". I hope you can understand that.

Mocking/bashing you is not the same as policing you. I don't like Guardians Cash and for that I will voice my OPINION. I understand it's only an opinion but I can assure you, I don't intend on trying to "police" anyone's actions and I'm pretty sure Sieno would say the same. Lastly I actually agree with your point about people posting who don't even play anymore, that's really frustrating and hilarious how they think their opinions matter.

Dragwind
Mar 21, 2010, 11:59 PM
This thread has outlived it's usefulness and gone off topic. These threads have been made before and the question has been answered.