PDA

View Full Version : Question about end of PS2/PC

Pentence
Mar 19, 2010, 08:56 PM
I am well aware of how we want to support sega and keep PSU alive and PSOW stance on things however i have a qestion i think many here will want to know the answer to.

What if private servers for ps2/pc do spring up? Will PSOW not allow players on those to post here?

Not all of us understand enough japanese to simply switch over and not everyone here can afford a 360. SO all we have is pc/ps2.

I humbly request the mods answer for all of us that are wondering.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 19, 2010, 08:59 PM
People who play the PSO servers are allowed to post. They just can't talk about it here. And a PSU private server probably won't happen.

Volcompat321
Mar 20, 2010, 01:36 AM
Don't care if a private server pops up or not, so I'm not here to argue with that-

As mentioned in a thread in Site Related, asking if the trade section was going to stay or not-
They will close em.

This still is a public forum, so of course the people can still post here!
Like Chuck said, you just cant talk about them. Example: naming names for the server, ways to get on the server(s), or talking about events on the server.

Here is what can and can't be said about private servers:

Can say:

* They exist
* Experiences while on them (found -, or did - quest)

Can't say:

* How to find them
* How to connect to them
* Names of the servers
* Encouraging using private servers
* Walkthrough for exclusive quests

I assume the same will be for PSU IF server(s) come up for it.

Zeek123
Mar 20, 2010, 04:35 AM
Personally, I hope that private servers do pop up, thought it most likely will never happen.

I think the gameplay is still all there, and that would be a breath of fresh air for a game that's so dead to us.

Ezodagrom
Mar 20, 2010, 09:59 AM
Private servers will pop up. That's all I'm saying :3
Yep, just like Xbox PSO private servers...oh wait...

Pentence
Mar 20, 2010, 10:18 AM
well my thing is ONLY private servers exist for PSO now. So is it like see no evil speak no evil?

You cant post HOW to get onto one or where but you can post all ya want about what ya did on it?

I see no reason at this point PSOW wouldnt allow people to post about private servers for PSO since thats all thats left.

darthplagis
Mar 20, 2010, 12:03 PM
but the thing is, for all the private servers are a good thing for our playing community. in the eyes of the law and mostly SEGA and their legal team it is illegal to "reverse engineer their product" this covers data mining (for hacking weapons/quests/general game code) and reproduction of their intelectual property which the hosts of the private servers are actually doing.
i think a product must be 25 years old before it becomes less covered under intellectual property laws (hence old atari and nes games being copied now with no real legal fuss), but product rights get renewed as newer games are made, and the phantasy star licence/franchise so far is a strong presence on the console market with PS0 and psp2 selling well. so for all pso may be dead to sega the phantasy star name and basic premise of the action MMO is carried over to new games therefore extending the licence. so pso is still legally enforcable (rant over)

while i still play PSO, and would love for more people to play too. we cant condone it on these forums as SEGA employees are users here and this site has been THE main fansite since DCv1, with official support from SEGA along the way. why run the risk of a C&D order and probably a fine as well as loss of backing/trust from SEGA?

if PSU private servers pop up im sure we will find out..... just it will be hush hush im sure.

Volcompat321
Mar 20, 2010, 03:15 PM
SEGA is afraid that private resources could run the game better than them.
Which is true.

That's why SEGA will try everything to not have these private servers.

:wacko:

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 20, 2010, 03:36 PM
Private servers will pop up. That's all I'm saying :3Most likely, yes, this is going to happen.

It might not be for a while still, but things are now being organized at a certain place.

darthplagis
Mar 21, 2010, 02:02 AM
SEGA is afraid that private resources could run the game better than them.
Which is true.

That's why SEGA will try everything to not have these private servers.

:wacko:

very true, but i do agree with the 'SEGA abandoned PSO years ago' people, despite it being legally grey.

LanCow13
Mar 21, 2010, 12:31 PM
yea the server is going to happen for a fact :) i seen it (in my dreams......) *wink* *wink* lol

goldbrease
Mar 26, 2010, 02:46 AM
if a private server comes out, i would like to see drop rates fixed, boards have infinite uses, boards act like a program for the pm, once you have it, its learned and will never forget. crafting rates fixed, grinding rates fixed, recipes not requiring such insane amount of items. and if possible, make our stats actually effect us properly.

just saying what i would like to see that sega should have done.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 26, 2010, 02:50 AM
if a private server comes out, i would like to see drop rates fixed, boards have infinite uses, boards act like a program for the pm, once you have it, its learned and will never forget. crafting rates fixed, grinding rates fixed, recipes not requiring such insane amount of items. and if possible, make our stats actually effect us properly.

just saying what i would like to see that sega should have done.

So you want the game to become even EASIER than it already is?

Boards having infinite uses would be ridiculous. Though, I wouldn't mind 100% success rates each synth. That never needed to be there.

Zeek123
Mar 26, 2010, 05:01 AM
I don't think Sega got in a huge tiff about the PSO servers because the series was moving on. It was only available in JP, so they weren't losing too much money on their existence.

Now, if these servers were to pop up before the Xbox version's timely demise, I can gurantee you Sega will go for the head of the project like the Red Queen.

I'm just saying: Don't expect private servers at all. And definitely don't expect them before the 360s long gone.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 26, 2010, 05:35 AM
I don't think Sega got in a huge tiff about the PSO servers because the series was moving on. It was only available in JP, so they weren't losing too much money on their existence.

Now, if these servers were to pop up before the Xbox version's timely demise, I can gurantee you Sega will go for the head of the project like the Red Queen.

I'm just saying: Don't expect private servers at all. And definitely don't expect them before the 360s long gone.

BB and Xbox servers were still up while private servers went live.

HeartBreak301
Mar 27, 2010, 12:38 AM
There is a private server in the works and is doing well by the looks of it, and if it becomes a reality it'll be the same situation as it is with the PSO private servers. We can play on them, we can post here, we just can't post here telling people how to connect etc...

Zeek123
Mar 27, 2010, 01:54 AM
BB and Xbox servers were still up while private servers went live.

Oh well... PWN me.

str898mustang
Mar 27, 2010, 03:21 AM
Read the Sig, that'll tell ya :)