PDA

View Full Version : PS2 characters erased?

Gibdozer
Mar 20, 2010, 04:19 AM
I was just wondering if the ps2/pc players were given the option to download their online characters/equipment when the servers closed?

ashley50
Mar 20, 2010, 04:25 AM
nope...they go with the server.

Down the DRAIN :E...

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 20, 2010, 05:25 AM
DATA DRAIN

Dragwind
Mar 21, 2010, 12:06 PM
Nope. Everyone will be annihilated.

Cranberry
Mar 22, 2010, 08:19 AM
We pleaded for an offline patch to download our characters into offline mode. Our pleas fell on deaf ears.

This is one big problem with server side saving. Once the servers close, all the work and effort you've put in vanishes with one flick of a switch. =(

dias_flac_0g
Mar 22, 2010, 11:22 AM
We pleased for an offline patch to download our characters into offline mode. Our pleas fell on deaf ears.

This is one big problem with server side saving. Once the servers close, all the work and effort you've put in vanishes with one flick of a switch. =(

I totaly agree with this. You basically pay for nothing.

BWS-1
Mar 22, 2010, 05:54 PM
I totaly agree with this. You basically pay for nothing.

I take it you meant ''play''. I'm certain you didn't mean ''pay'' given... the moment the servers were announced to shut-down, PSU became free to play.

I still find it fun to play.

Think about it guys, it'll be one of the few games you'll truly experience ''loss'' and ''death''. Ok, maybe ''death'' since I considered it was a heavy loss at the time to be disconnected from everyone in ver2. Not that it's great, but it'll be different from ''experiencing Limbo'' like anyone from PSO ver2 has (like me) or other versions...

ok, honestly, I still do wish we could move to offline, like we used to with the older PSOs, and host games the same way Borderlands allows you to do (in LAN too even)

O well, here's me comparing PSU to Borderlands... again...

Hatrix
Mar 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
As much as it sucks to loose all your stuff, It sucks a bit more to play online and get your data erased by hacks and everyone running around with all the best equipment. But yeah this game should of had a import option from the start with a catch :once you take your data offline no coming back!