PDA

View Full Version : Should I get PSZ?

BogusKun
Mar 21, 2010, 03:11 PM
I was thinking of leaving my old 1st Gen Nintendo DS in the care of my GF's little brother
and upgrading to the XL model.

I am also wondering if I should buy PSZero? It looks promising to the original PSO game...
and if that is so I wont mind bringing it with me.

Do you connect in lobbies like in the old game and play with people right off? Sounds like that is the best way to go.

How popular is this game anyways? I been away from PSO since the Sudden Death of EP3 and Blue Burst after everyone disappeared. It seems the hackers and modders all got their way. But this game looks bright and opens a new chapter. Would like to see PSO return full-scale on the Wii free to play with some DLCs and custom soundtrack ability.

Kirukia
Mar 21, 2010, 03:16 PM
If you're a fan of Phantasy Star, especially PSO (Which I'm assuming you are, since you're on this site) then I definitely recommend it.

There are no lobbies because it's connected through wi-fi and not a server. The best ways to find parties are free play, or filling up your friends list.

There aren't too many people on really, but if you get some people to play with, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding people/someone to play with.

FOmarRashidi
Mar 21, 2010, 07:18 PM
I say get it. I've had it now since December and haven't gotten bored of it as of yet. You can find people to play it by finding a group or two on PSO-World. That's how I found people to play with.

onionchan
Mar 21, 2010, 07:35 PM
I would say get it if you love Phantasy Star and you want a new game. There are still plenty of people who play on free play, and you can go arround collecting codes and checking here or Gamefaqs for some people to play with. Theres mags, PSO classes, some customization, online, quests, rares, the works! Its really fun and easy to play quickly, on the go.

kirtblue
Mar 21, 2010, 10:30 PM
freeplay mode sucks anyway so it dont matter if there is a lack of people its a great game best on the ds imo

1 buy the game
2 find some friends to play with easy enough to do on this site
3 enjoy :)

Volcompat321
Mar 21, 2010, 10:30 PM
Get it!
It's a fun game.
I got a little bored with it after about 150 hours, but there is always something to do with the game, whether it be hunting that rare, playing the story with another class/race or just free missions.

It's a great game!

kirtblue
Mar 21, 2010, 10:37 PM
i got it day one so i have alot of hours something like 327 hours and i still play it just not as often as i did when it came out there is always stuff to do and people to party with

Dragwind
Mar 22, 2010, 12:03 AM
If you're looking for a great DS dungeon crawler with online play, then I would suggest getting it.

If you're looking for a more fleshed out Phantasy Star title, you might feel let down.

Sleeper
Mar 22, 2010, 03:43 AM
Its a great game. freeplay isnt bad and people are generaly nice

FOmarRashidi
Mar 22, 2010, 06:15 AM
A lot of hunters on freeplay so if you play a ranger or a force on there, you'll fill a niche there.

leviayurashyguy
Mar 22, 2010, 08:26 PM
no you shouldn't buy this game.

this game is very lacking for a PS title. the wifi is pretty desert as time goes on, reviews are low, dungeons are bland, AI is terrible, story is horrendous, customization is limited (both aesthetics, stats, and gear). difficulty is non-challenging, rares are overpowered by more common gear, classes are unbalanced, and if the worst hasn't been said, there ARE hackers.

there are plenty of dungeon crawling RPG's on the DS with more good aspects than PSZ. i will not waste time listing them all.

Ban3
Mar 22, 2010, 11:58 PM
Can't wait to buy this game. Shame I just bought Soul Silver :(

kirtblue
Mar 23, 2010, 12:45 AM
no you shouldn't buy this game.

this game is very lacking for a PS title. the wifi is pretty desert as time goes on, reviews are low, dungeons are bland, AI is terrible, story is horrendous, customization is limited (both aesthetics, stats, and gear). difficulty is non-challenging, rares are overpowered by more common gear, classes are unbalanced, and if the worst hasn't been said, there ARE hackers.

there are plenty of dungeon crawling RPG's on the DS with more good aspects than PSZ. i will not waste time listing them all.

please dont be mad at me mods
ok here goes leviayurashyguy for someone with such a low opinion of this game you sure seemed to play it alot
you have a level 100 and a level 95 characters that takes some time 150- 200 hours roughly between the both of them i would guesstimate
im gunna go out on a limb here and say it was still worth the $35 even if you didnt like it because of the time you spent playing it

johnwolf
Mar 23, 2010, 10:21 AM
this game is a GREAT buy. granted its not the best but it can eat up your time like a Popcorn lover with Popcorn (which i am). the game has some down falls, like the lack of lobbying or *shudders* hackers, but if you keep it the game clean and hacked free, it should be fun and you'll fit in nicely here. There are plenty of groups here that play it on a daily bases. Also it's remarkably like PSO (it's why I got it), so if you like THAT game, you should like THIS game. you'll also find some remarkable connections from this game and PSO through the quest but i don't want to spoil the game for you. This game is a must get for ANYONE, PSO fan or NOT.

chibiLegolas
Mar 23, 2010, 12:25 PM
I play freeplay exclusively and have met both bad and good players. (just like open rooms from PSO/PSU). But as a ratio, mostly good players. I've yet to see a hacker using the gunblade glitch, so from MY perspective, they've moved on and are rare to see.
I play late so I end up mostly playing with west coast folks and Japanese players. (50:50)
But if you're mid leveled (Hard Mode), it's hard to find random folks to play with on Freeplay. Either you're playing with low leveled characters (who didn't unlock extra boards offline) or playing high leveled folks (lvl 60+).
It's best to find friends here on PSO World when you get to a certain level.

Sleeper
Mar 28, 2010, 10:57 PM
DO NOT!!! listen to the people who badmouth this game. it has the best replay value of any game i have ever bought and is the most communication based game over wifi

dtr246
Mar 29, 2010, 04:09 AM
I love the game phantasy star zero, there is so many things to do and it's lots of fun to play. The players I have encountered on wi-fi have been very nice to play with. I have a couple hundred hours in this game and there is always some rare item for me to search after.

Anyways I think you would enjoy it. It's up to you though, later

HeartBreak301
Mar 29, 2010, 04:29 AM
Buy it, only game on the DS like it, and if your a fan of PSO thats reason enough to get it. (Which you are by your '03 join date.) Sure, it feels a little lacking, but hey, its a DS game, cut it some slack people. The game definitely has the spirit of PSO in it and thats reason enough to keep coming back for a good time again and again.

BogusKun
Mar 30, 2010, 10:10 PM
I finally bought the game after buying the new Nintendo DSi LL
Now to get back at old times huh? ;D

My Friend Code is

1849 4118 1124
nickname is Lorenzo, pso name is Milliardo...

i want to play now
:D

HeartBreak301
Mar 31, 2010, 11:48 AM
I'd play with you if I had Wi-Fi. Having limited connectivity sucks. :disapprove:

Mar 31, 2010, 12:56 PM
IT'S PROBABLY MY FAVORITE GAME FOR THE DS THAT I HAVE, I'D SAY IF YOU LIKED PSO YOU SHOULD GET IT (MAYBE PSU TOO, I NEVER PLAYED IT). THE DS CERTAINLY HAS LIMITATIONS THAT COULD BE EXCEEDED ON A PC OR OTHER SYSTEM, BUT ALL IN ALL I WAS VERY SATISFIED WITH THE GAME.

ed: sry for capslock april fools etc.

kirtblue
Mar 31, 2010, 09:18 PM
you just cant beat the price of this game for the number of hours you can get sucked in to it

BogusKun
Apr 1, 2010, 01:17 AM
Japanese are either extremely nice or rude. Some of these clowns leave the game because it's only 3 of us on Normal. Wish there was a better way to play like lobbies haha

psofan219
Apr 1, 2010, 03:55 AM
I get people like that all the time, on both sides of the sea, though it mostly happens with players from our side. It gets really annoying because they get a game that's not in the right difficulty...

Hmm... I wonder what these check marks are here for... Maybe to, I don't know, CONTROL HOW FREE PLAY CHOOSES CRAP! If you don't want to do a particular difficulty level, just UNcheck it, is it that hard to do? Seriously.......... :rant:

Yeah sorry about that, it just gets annoying after a while.

bryandc123
Apr 2, 2010, 01:52 PM
get it man, its gonna be worth your while. :3

FOmarRashidi
Apr 2, 2010, 02:26 PM
So far, everyone but one person said get it, and that one person that said not to get it logged on 200 hours despite that.

HeartBreak301
Apr 2, 2010, 04:05 PM
He already got the game.

FOmarRashidi
Apr 2, 2010, 07:20 PM
^

Even so, there might be lurkers that can be convinced to buy the game too.