PDA

View Full Version : Now accepting new character build requests!

Chukie sue
Mar 25, 2010, 12:30 PM
I had previously been working on several "fun" characters, as I was curious to see how they would work out. Two of these include:

Melee FOmar LV 100 - 100 Power mats - 100 Power mag w/ flozir (Paru)

Equips: Ancient Robe 4s
Divine Power
Divine Power
Divine Power
Divine Power

And an Emporer Axeon for each level with different stats..

Definetly a possible built. Solo's quite easilly in offline mode, 400- ish healing resta with the ability to buff and debuff makes for a nice "FUnter"?

And:

Tank HUcast LV 100 - 80 HP mats - 100 Def mag w/ midgul

Maximum HP: 1142 ;D

Equips: Milias Frame 4s
Divine HP
Divine HP
Divine HP
Divine HP

Different shields with barrier shift....

This would only be a build worth considering if ALWAYS play online with 2-3 GOOD party members. Barrier shift is helpful, put I hit an average of 80's with shields.

Anyway, if anybody else has a request for some strange character who doesnt do the usual celeb spam-- just leave me a post!

Tsuhei
Mar 25, 2010, 02:27 PM
The tank build was rather interesting. How much damage can you deal with that thing? o.O

Anywho, I experimented with several hybrid builds (one being guard and evp), and I found this one to be the most successful for myself:

Melee "Accurate Beserker" HUcaseal - 70 Power Mats, 10 Hit Mats

Mags: Primary before boss: 100 power mag w/ granir
50 Power / 50 Defense mag w/ flozir (This is used after unloading the first mag's PB on the boss)

Equips: Carbinier Armor +20 4s
Divine Power
Divine Power
Divine Hit
Divine HP

Weapon(s): Hadan Bite (Bite Stamp) and Ainsraiffe (Sonic Raid)

In offline mode, it survived pretty well as long as you know how to kite monsters for group attacks.

Online mode is basically the same thing (group attacks), but does require somewhat reliable players. This build can still easily be backed into a corner and killed within a second if you don't pay attention. (Beserker, duh)

As for overall damage is about 160-600 per hit. 160-200 is for regular attacks, 230-400 for "hard attacks", and 300-600 for the Bite Stamp combo. (This isn't at level cap either)

2xHero
Mar 25, 2010, 02:35 PM
It would be funny to see an EVP HUnewearl. But, there isn't an Evade stat for mags, so I guess you would have to use ATP or MST.

Chukie sue
Mar 25, 2010, 05:43 PM
I have an evp HUnewearl, and I think I use a 50 pow/50 mind mag. It's quite nice.

Rika's Claw + Rika's suit bonus & Divine swift x 4.
;

The HUcast tank hits around... 160 ish per hit. With a celeb 5 iros.

Akaimizu
Mar 25, 2010, 05:45 PM
Wow. You were able to get a Melee Fomar to hit stuff melee without any boosters Accuracy? (I'm talking Super Hard, that is). My Fomar struggled with the Accuracy thing, doing melee, when I had no hit boosters.

Kootei
Mar 25, 2010, 06:39 PM
I think that 1 EVP is actualy most usefull than 1DEF (looking at how much dmg you take per a certain amount of attacks you receive).

Chukie sue
Mar 25, 2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, evp > dfp, however, I already made a pure evp. Plus, you still get hit by bosses and some monsters so I wanted an actual tank. And yeah, HP was the way to go instead of dfp because it takes roughly 20 dfp for - 5 damage.

Anyway, I dont think ^ made much sense but...

I pretyt much only spam Earth bullet on the FOmar. ALthough, when I do normal attacks on creatuers such as Zereo's, I miss quite often :/

Chukie sue
Mar 26, 2010, 10:22 AM
Bump...

Didn't think I'd have to bump <_<

Akaimizu
Mar 26, 2010, 12:34 PM
Earth bullet on the FOmar? Would that make it a Gunner FOmar and not a melee one? :)

Tsuhei
Mar 26, 2010, 12:38 PM
Bump...

Didn't think I'd have to bump <_<

Me neither. Every new player in the forum is asking "What mats should I use for my character?" "What character should I use?" The basic what does what questions. I understand that making your own character and playing the game your way is how many people enjoy the game...however, there's a percentage of people that also rely on builds in order to fully enjoy a game. In fact, many of my friends are like that. So, not only is this thread, in my opinion, a good way to get some feedback, but it's also a way to help out new players that might have never even heard of Phantasy Star until now.

So instead of everyone telling the new players to "play their own way," and make their own characters, realize that copying or just reading about a build for an idea might be the only way they know how to play. This helps veteran players, as well as new players, in terms of enjoying the game. And I know there's going to be a few people replying to my response, "Oh, well they should just learn how to be creative and have fun." Trust me. It's harder than you think. So good for all of you that can think outside of the box, you're talented and you can enjoy a game without someone telling you what to do. :-P
(OMG, was that a rant? :grin:)
Anywho, I think this topic is just plain interesting. I want to know how other people enjoy playing the game with their unique builds. So start posting! :-P

...... Solo's quite easilly in offline mode, 400- ish healing resta with the ability to buff and debuff makes for a nice "FUnter"?

Anyway, back on topic. So it solos easily in offline mode? How does it fare in online mode? o.o I'm curious to how you keep your other teammates alive if you freeplay, since there's the occasional player that slips in that isn't at the level cap, or doesn't quiiiite yet grasp the concept of the "dodge" button or how to kill something. :-P (Or how well it solos a whole map when the freeplay party just stands there with their fingers up their nose >=/)

Chukie sue
Mar 26, 2010, 01:38 PM
Well I guess he would kinda be a RA-FO Akaimizu! I chose Emporer Axeon so he could have the +50 MST bonus.

Thanks for the support Tsuhei!

It works quite well online as well, especially if you have a capable party. Normally, if I was offline, I'd only use Shifta and Zalure as buffs/debuffs/, however, when online with a not-so-capable player, I use all four buffs, which makes the areas quite easy to clear. And I just realized-- I dont only have to use an emporer axeon... I'm gonna start trying some Hunter weapons maxed out with celeb on him and see how well we does ^-^b

Chukie sue
Mar 26, 2010, 05:56 PM
In case I wasn't clear on my first post, what I'm saying is: You can say something like "I want you to make a FOcast-- a RAcast who uses act trick"

And I will make it, then give you the data... Maybe no ones interested :/

Velio
Mar 26, 2010, 06:21 PM
I don't need you to make anything for me, but I'm working on my first character right now, and playing with Materials. I'm thinking 40 power/20 hit/20 hp, on a HUcast. Only access to 5 and 6 star items, and only some at that, since I'm only lvl 45. What you think on that? Also, what's your opinion on weapon preferences on something like that?

EDIT: I suppose I should mention my Mag eh? 80 power 20 hit, Fickle Nature with Pacifal

The_Pup
Mar 27, 2010, 04:23 AM
Tech/Slicer/MST-mele RAmarl:

- Exactly as it says on the tin. 0-50 PP/EVP mats, rest into MST (or do full MST, as EVP is decent and PP is bearable).
- Full MST mag.
- 3 MST slots, one for Tech Save (or 2 MST slots and one for Tech Save and one for PP Regen 3, replace PPR3 with Copress PA for slicer/mele if desired).

No more need to hunt for FO weapons with ATA to do slicing or bashing, just pick something with %s, Jellen and hack away.

Sylth
Mar 27, 2010, 02:43 PM
to keep this thread alive, which hunter would you choose as a "FUnter", i'm thinking hunewearl, but since humans get 100 material use-instead of 80. maybe a humarl would be the way to go...
Also what about a "RUnter"? a ranger/hunter. Maybe a humar, since they can use emperor axeon and more of the rifles. I'm excluding casts since they are basically rangers, since thy can use most ranger weapons..

Chukie sue
Mar 27, 2010, 03:43 PM
Velio: Generally HUcasts wont need any extra HP boosts, but you can still put some HP mats in if you'd like. Now, as far as ATA mats/mags go-- to be hitting well on Super HArd, you just need an ATA total of 520. You as a hunter will likely be using a double saber, so I estimate you will probably only need a bonus of 20-ish ATA when you reach levels 80-100. Be it 10 hit on your mag and 10 hit mats, it doesn't matter. Weapon preferance? Double sabers with celeb element and (for bosses) Sword with the Over End PA also with the celeb element.

The_Pup: Ok, I'll start on that built on Monday.

Sylth: A HUnewearl's base MST at level 100 is 377, while a HUmarl's is 306. Overall, the HUnewearl will have 51 more MST than the FOmarl.

I probably wouldn't have a HUmar be the "RUnter" because they have the worst ATA out of all the hunters T_T

I think Prolastins RUmarl worked out well :P

Tsuhei
Mar 27, 2010, 04:18 PM
Velio: Generally HUcasts wont need any extra HP boosts, but you can still put some HP mats in if you'd like. Now, as far as ATA mats/mags go-- to be hitting well on Super HArd, you just need an ATA total of 520. You as a hunter will likely be using a double saber, so I estimate you will probably only need a bonus of 20-ish ATA when you reach levels 80-100. Be it 10 hit on your mag and 10 hit mats, it doesn't matter. Weapon preferance? Double sabers with celeb element and (for bosses) Sword with the Over End PA also with the celeb element.

Well, I do agree with the weapon advice, especially the celeb element bit, but the hit advice is a little odd to me. Currently, I've been grinding like crazy, and got my new "luckier" HUcaseal to level 79. She has 588 ATA, with 10 hit mats and a Divine Hit (+15), plus the use of a claw weapon. And in super hard mode, I still notice alot of misses, especially during the Bite Stamp combo, so instead of hitting 3x, I only hit 2x on the combo. However, the extra 5 hit DOES help out much more than just 20 hit, so I suggest at least 25 hit imho.

Hybrid builds seem to be less popular or harder to create/use. So as for HP, how much do you think a HUcast really needs if someone really wants to put some HP into it? Because most people just pump pure power mats into their characters and give them a pure power mag without a second thought. (Tried this build too. Got one shot 7 times from the same boss during the same fight. It's absolutely terrible imho).

Chukie sue
Mar 27, 2010, 04:39 PM
Well, Bite stamp does significantly lower your ATA, and if I'm not mistaken, claws dont benefit your ATA at all. THough, I'm absolutely certain 520 is the magic number. HUcast with HP? Well unless you use Over End/Bite Stamp ALOT, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe using 50 HP mats on your HUcaseal for a max HP of 950? Or maybe maxing HP mats for 1000. But I wouldnt recommend maxing them unless you rarely use Bite Stamp/OE.

AS for the ATA: yeah I probably did it wrong, so I did everything with PSO stats :/

Take a Morgenlote - The most common and best double saber. (assuming it's LV 3)

HUcast's ATA at level 100 is 280.
Morgenlote gives + 210 ATA.

You'll need an additional 30 ATA in whichever way you want to get it to have 520.

Now I couldnt see how much ATA you'd need at level 60, 70 80 and etc, but that should give you a rough estimate.

Sleeper
Mar 28, 2010, 10:37 PM
I am trying to build the ultimate cast. Uber CAST or "Dreadnaut" is a CAST with 80 power mats and a lvl 100 mag devoted entirley to defence. Imagine being able to slaughter everything and suffer very little damage

Jazzuki
Mar 30, 2010, 05:49 AM
I have a LVL 100 Humar

Going to do

Clair Doubles

Ancient Robe

d/p
d/p
d/p
d/p

Mag

80 power
20 ata

Chukie sue
Mar 31, 2010, 10:58 AM
That sounds deadly Jazzuki! Sleeper,l that sounds quite fun! I can build it for you later after my current request.

Ok, the_Pup- She's approaching level 60. I'll give you some data at around level 80 or so.

Chukie sue
Apr 2, 2010, 05:43 PM
bump D:

P6N
Apr 6, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'd be interested in hearing about a HUnewm everyman build of some kind: Pumps out damage while still able to boost with spells. Doable or is that trying to do too many things at once?

Chukie sue
Apr 6, 2010, 01:21 PM
Ehh if my melee FOmar was doable that that probably is too. Granted it wont be as good as other classes, bu tI can check out whether it's worth considering, or if it just doesnt work...

P6N
Apr 6, 2010, 05:06 PM
Well, I'm currently trying to create it myself, and for normal mode it seems to be working in all respects for now.

But you can probably make it happen faster so... if you want to give it a shot without me bungling it all up somehow, that'd be great!

Firehouse
Apr 6, 2010, 07:47 PM
I'd be interested in hearing about a HUnewm everyman build of some kind: Pumps out damage while still able to boost with spells. Doable or is that trying to do too many things at once?

I'm doing a kind of HUnewm build with one of my characters like that:

Primary wep atm: Celeb lvl 3 Rems Romulus

Pizza Box 4s:
Master/HP x3
Master/Hit

100 Pow Mag w/Granir

65 Mind Mats
15 Pow Mats

Right now, he misses a lot, but I'm probably gonna take out one of the Master/HP's in favor of another Master/Hit for a little bit, until he levels up more and be a little more accurate. I'll probably end up hunting a Divine/Pow just for him, so he can have a little more juice going in one swarms and bosses.

Chukie sue
Apr 6, 2010, 08:42 PM
Idk if I'll be able to fit that build into my PSZ time soon (lol)

I can do the math atleast and see how much you'd be hitting at level 100 with a certain built and suich though :P

Yeah Firehouse, 520-540 ATA seems to be a magic number for hitting 99% of the time on SH--good luck!

Firehouse
Apr 6, 2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah Firehouse, 520-540 ATA seems to be a magic number for hitting 99% of the time on SH--good luck!

That's what I'm aiming for, lol. Hopefully, I'll have decent enough HP/Pow to compensate for the difference, lol. Only 2 levels to go too, lvl 58! W@@T!

Chukie sue
Apr 27, 2010, 09:17 AM
That's what I'm aiming for, lol. Hopefully, I'll have decent enough HP/Pow to compensate for the difference, lol. Only 2 levels to go too, lvl 58! W@@T!

Nice :D

Chukie sue
May 19, 2010, 10:03 AM

After looking at this post again I realized you'd have significantly better results if you used a FOmar/Hunter instead... My FOmar deals 200's with his gunblade while pumping out techs that deal about 200 as well...

RAmarl slicer user turned out to be pretty cool...

HUnewearl's max (base) ATA is 278 and max (base) MST is 377

RAmar's max (base) ATA is 338 and max (base) MST is 301. However, RAmarls get 20 more materials than HUnewearl so....

HUnewearl - 278 + 377 + 80 = 735

RAmarl - 338 + 301 + 100 = 739!!!

Therefore, RAmarl, is indeed, the BEST non Force slicer user!

Based upon that data, that is... HUnewearls still beat them in PP/HP/EVP, but I like the look of RAmarls better :)

Though RAmarl's best slicer is Trois Souther... But look at the bright side - its relatively easily obtainable! :D

Moar requests are welcomed!

mMarikom
May 20, 2010, 03:21 PM
Erm...they have a higher stat total when adding up material usage and ATA and MST, and RAmarls might be more efficient because of the fact that they'll need less ATA but they aren't necessarily better than HUnewearls (who can use a Fuuma Shuriken or a level 3 Celeb Eridanus, which are both better than a level 3 Celeb Trois Souther)

Chukie sue
May 20, 2010, 05:54 PM
Erm...they have a higher stat total when adding up material usage and ATA and MST, and RAmarls might be more efficient because of the fact that they'll need less ATA but they aren't necessarily better than HUnewearls (who can use a Fuuma Shuriken or a level 3 Celeb Eridanus, which are both better than a level 3 Celeb Trois Souther)

I think I said based on ATA and MST alone, they're better. Also, LV 3 celeb Trois Souther > Kouga (most likely), and let's face it, the chances of getting a Eridanus is already low, plus the chance that it wont even have an element. I myself have yet to get one, so judging from the PSOW item database where it says the elements they may come with are either LV 3 stun or light, I would have to say they're likely unchangable - as I have never seen a weapon come with a preset element that can be changed. To be honest, I dont think there are too many legit Eridanus' out there with elements... I willingly accept the fact that I may be wrong on this though...

Realistically, Trois Souther > Eridanus & Kouga imo.

Broken_L_button
May 20, 2010, 10:01 PM
Meh...You know that non-Force slicer users will be spamming bright sign, right? That 20% ATA boost makes HUney's 50+ more MST WAY more attractive than RAmarl's higher base ATA. Also, Eridanus isn't a 10 meseta wep, so, the element can be changed on a whim. Just my two cents.

Chukie sue
May 21, 2010, 10:43 AM
I suppose, if you ONLY used Bright Sign :/

I never use it though, I prefer staying a long range away and just using regular attacks. And there's also those who may feel like doing some math and zalure each mob and taking away some mats/mag ATA stats and putting it towards MST.

And I thought it would be cool to switch from a slicer mag to a typical RA mag depending on the mob and use Rifles and such from a distance.

mMarikom
May 21, 2010, 05:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, a slicer RAmarl is a great option for a character that's not exactly the best to use in a regular fashion when compared to the other RAngers. In that case you may want to have Midgul as a PB to chain a really high level Shifta/Deband.

NeonaPulsar
May 21, 2010, 08:29 PM
Just got an idea from another post, I'd like to try a Melee FOnewearl, any ideas or "thats a bad idea" coments

Broken_L_button
May 21, 2010, 08:36 PM
Just got an idea from another post, I'd like to try a Melee FOnewearl, any ideas or "thats a bad idea" coments

THIS! I play a melee FOney. Mariko plays a melee FOney. YES!!! It is the best idea EVER. All you need is a Foie Haze (level 4 celeb), 80 POW mats, 100 POW MAG, Element boost, lv.15 S/J/Z, and you're set. If you cast J/Z on every mob and S on yourself, you can hit with a Heavy attack combo with nearly no way of missing on every existing enemy.

NeonaPulsar
May 21, 2010, 08:42 PM
Sweet, thank you, ...Might want to say your good-byes to Tank though (sig) (not the thread tank but close)

Broken_L_button
May 21, 2010, 08:55 PM
You're going to start her from scratch? I see...Heh, did the same thing. Just make sure to have the appropriate, max grinded dagger for your level on hand at all times ( a level 4 element and huge cross as the PA helps as well). Since you'll be in the mob's faces, make sure you also have J/Z learnt ASAP.

Chukie sue
May 22, 2010, 10:40 AM
Celeb 5 Eclipse Star anyone?

Man I can just see it: Gimegid (with Eclipse' 20% dark) then going in for the PA!

mMarikom
May 22, 2010, 11:29 PM
That's actually something worth looking into. I remember one person specifically finding an amazing Level 5 Eclipse Star. With the FOney's innate 30% bonus that's a 50% bonus total...hmm...

For the record my Melee status is failing right now because I accidentally discarded my Element Boost and My Foie Hazes are level 3 so I might change the elements to life...

Neona I got a level 3 Risk Foie Haze with 43% Hit and Air Ride as a PA that I'm willing to trade for if you want, always looking out for the fellow melee FOney

Chukie sue
May 23, 2010, 02:55 PM
Life is cool, but with daggers you'd be taking a mighty risk ;o

I use life on ons of my Ains <3

Broken_L_button
May 23, 2010, 03:02 PM
Meh...As long as your enemies are under Jellen lv.3, you scarcely get hit, making life a nice option here.

mMarikom
May 23, 2010, 03:28 PM
If I do then I'll switch resta off of my command thingy and replace it with deband to bump my evp

Broken_L_button
May 23, 2010, 03:42 PM
If I do then I'll switch resta off of my command thingy and replace it with deband to bump my evp

I wouldn's do that though...I'd prefer having enough HP to take one possible hit and then be able to heal quickly rather than having a tiny DFP boost and an even lower EVP boost...

mMarikom
May 23, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hmm...good point.

Chukie sue
May 23, 2010, 05:27 PM
Ya, I haven't even noticed the ata and evp boost with s/d tbh.

NeonaPulsar
May 24, 2010, 03:46 PM

Useing something for a perpus that it was not intended... This will be Fun

So to start, I'd like you to meet "Amara"