PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 What are your plans for the final week?

Sexy_Raine
Mar 25, 2010, 05:35 PM
Only a few days left, how will you spend them? On Monday or Tuesday I want do a PSU world tour, doing every mission one last time. Anyone willing endure this to its entirety let me know, so I can set up a time for it. I might give away whatever crap I don't need, like my Vijerina / Power.

Most likely the last topic I will do here. I'm undecided on PS Portable 2 as I don't think I can bring myself to re-level all my bullets and techs again.

Rust
Mar 25, 2010, 06:29 PM
None.

I felt like logging in twice since it's free and only for less than an hour.
This made me realize I didn't care about this game anymore.

I have spotted some games (online ones, for the most part) that I will get as soon as I have a proper PC to run them (which might not be until next year, but well), so I probably won't even bother finding an hypothetical private server or transferring to 360/JP (those will eventually shut down as well, anyways).

So yeah, life goes on~ :wacko:

ashley50
Mar 25, 2010, 07:24 PM
I'll play MAG on PS3.

Shou
Mar 25, 2010, 07:52 PM
I think there will be a medium sized group that will sing songs around the fire in a lobby until midnight when the server closes.

Ash1ey
Mar 25, 2010, 07:58 PM
I'll probably just log on the last day to see who's on and watch it go.
Hopefully run something with some old friends

dias_flac_0g
Mar 25, 2010, 08:21 PM
I will log in just to troll the last 5 players in uni 2 and remind them that the 360 version was and is the better version of the game xD

Well now it's the only version of the game actually xD (story mode doesn't count)

Gunslinger-08
Mar 25, 2010, 08:38 PM
I'll try and meet up with some friends. Aside from socializing with peeps, I'd like to hit 170 with my main.

Ryna
Mar 25, 2010, 08:41 PM
I've been working on doing a "grand tour" of all the missions, but the lack of people to play with is decreasing my enthusiasm for that task.

I'll try to organize a party for the last day to enjoy the final hours.

Clunker
Mar 25, 2010, 10:09 PM
Actually, I've managed to get some time off of work - and was planning to videocapture a 'tour' of all the locales of PSU. However, this depends on me getting an update from my video capture device's tech support, as I updated my Mac to Leopard before checking if the device would work with it.
D'uh.

Mystic_Nessly
Mar 25, 2010, 10:22 PM
Sexy_Raine, Ryna, Clunker I will also be running all the missions. Up until the servers close. I've actually already started a "Circuit Finale" of my own. If any of you guys want to invite me, I'll be glad to join! I will be playing throughout the day Fr,Sat and Sun. Mon, Tue, and Wed, I will still be playing though a bit less due to classes.

I'm trying to video record all 52 regular missions. I have my doubts that I'll get to all 52, due to time constraints, but I'm going to try!

I've already upload a few on uTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/MysticNessly check the Playlist "Phantasy Star Universe: Circuit Finale" for easy access).

Volcompat321
Mar 25, 2010, 10:31 PM
I'll play MAG on PS3.
I'm with Ashley.

Playing MAG, and other PS3 games, sometimes.

I've been lazy about playing though. I'm still only level 22, on my first playthrough. :/

I'll probably log on for the final minutes of the server though, just to show up.

autumn
Mar 26, 2010, 01:00 AM
None. I've logged in twice since it went free to play and I realized that the game had nothing to offer anymore, even in its final moments. I had thought I'd at least have had a few more people I wanted to see on...

DAMASCUS
Mar 26, 2010, 01:22 AM
I'll just leave my game on while I'm at work just in case someone is organizing something at the last minute. If I get home and nobody is around...well I'll just wave at the Central Table and log out for the last time.

Wednesday is the last day right?...I wonder what time the actually shutdown is :/

Ezodagrom
Mar 26, 2010, 01:25 AM
With the last week I'm doing my final goal in PSU, doing and recording each boss one last time with my Newman Acrofighter, completely solo (without npcs) and without using scape dolls. ^^;

Splash
Mar 26, 2010, 01:34 AM
I want to try to finish the subplots for the story missions first... got to do that over other stuff for now...

Chuck_Norris
Mar 26, 2010, 01:36 AM
Most likely the last topic I will do here. I'm undecided on PS Portable 2 as I don't think I can bring myself to re-level all my bullets and techs again.

PA's don't level in PSP2. They go back to the PSO way of doing it, with discs with levels linked to them.

Volcompat321
Mar 26, 2010, 01:43 AM
I'll just leave my game on while I'm at work just in case someone is organizing something at the last minute. If I get home and nobody is around...well I'll just wave at the Central Table and log out for the last time.

Wednesday is the last day right?...I wonder what time the actually shutdown is :/

I think it was mentioned for 12am PST.
So the 30th going onto the 31st at 12am. :(

Evila
Mar 26, 2010, 01:51 AM
Play with my friends as usual, and finish up some subplot stuff in episode 3.

Zabrio
Mar 26, 2010, 05:06 PM
Running Random PSU mission's and exploring

doing a certain thing that anyone who goes to a certain private server's forums will know about

and enjoying the last few moments of PSU ;_;

DragonStriker
Mar 26, 2010, 08:33 PM
Only a few days left, how will you spend them? On Monday or Tuesday I want do a PSU world tour, doing every mission one last time. Anyone willing endure this to its entirety let me know, so I can set up a time for it. I might give away whatever crap I don't need, like my Vijerina / Power.

I think I might watch T.V. or buy some lube and remeber the good ol days. Either that or post on pso-world how nerdy people are and bitch about SEGA shutting down a server I didn't pay for or play on for months.

Cranberry
Mar 26, 2010, 10:09 PM
I'll be exploring as much as I can. My character will be living it to the fullest while she can.

GuardianPoe
Mar 26, 2010, 11:30 PM
I'm just finishing recording footage for a bunch of episodes to continue/revive Guardians Gone Wild, of which my wife and I did exactly one episode to date.

Of course, I don't know if we would've gotten back to it soon enough (especially with all my schoolwork) if the servers weren't closing, so it's kind of a blessing in a sick way. Sick in the fact that I did half the recording during midterms.

Once I'm done, I'll probably take A LOT of screencaps of the characters in poses to continue the series in a more limited format, unless someone successfully opens a free and hackable server first (as I don't want to lose all my costume & weapon assets).

After that... waiting for PSP2. While I'd prefer a "big screen" Phantasy Star experience, I'll take what I can get. At least this way I get new content (finally, after how many years?) and the ability to actually save my HUney so that her wellbeing isn't CHAINED to someone else's servers.

MasterSpark
Mar 27, 2010, 07:48 AM
The only thing I've got planned is to be there when the servers go down, and get screenshots of it.

ChibiBecca
Mar 27, 2010, 10:27 AM
I can't take screenshots, but willing to join anyone doing a tour of the missions. i think i'll spend the weekend going through the online story missions before we're unable to play them again (darn it sega, why keep half the game online only? once the online part is taken down, we've lost half the story mode!)

if anyone spots a Becca-An running about, feel free to poke me. i'll try to avoid talking about you not wearing a tsubo hat.. ;3

Illuminate
Mar 27, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm on right now...? Anyone around? Kinda lonesome. :P i'll be at the third floor in the Guardian's Colony, outside the clothes and makeup shop.

Universe 2

Jife_Jifremok
Mar 27, 2010, 07:18 PM
My connection's been really lousy as of late so I doubt I could even be around for the sendoff. But even if things improve I might just be too lazy for it.

Dragwind
Mar 28, 2010, 01:32 AM
I'll probably just be making some videos recording all the stuff I own and have done, etc. Then I'll just hang out with whoever is left.

xXJoshXx
Mar 29, 2010, 02:27 AM
afk!! : ]

DarkShadowX
Mar 29, 2010, 10:39 AM
I haven't been around on PSU much since it went free, but I plan on being there for the last day. I too want to run a World Tour, one last time. Not sure if I'll have the time for it since I work mid-afternoon, but I definitely be on in the morning taking pics and such. And if I'm not too tired from work I'll be on for the server closing. Hope to run into old friends there as well.

Clunker
Mar 29, 2010, 09:59 PM
Okay, got my "EyeTV3" working thanks to Customer Support at Elgato.

Trial run with it just now.

Found 2 things:
creates a 1-2 second 'delay'. "Do/See" becomes "Do-WAIT-See". I'd be murdered on solo runs.

5 minutes = 175MB? Holy fuck, better clear off some space.

Sigh.

Still, this way I could act as a Cameraman during runs, while others do the killing.

Sexy_Raine
Mar 30, 2010, 12:03 PM
If anyone wants to do the world tour I'll be at Holtes East around 5PM-7PMEastern Uni2, I'll be waiting there for those who want to do every regular mission. All I ask is to be at least Lv100 do be able to do all AOTI S2s. I'll list the order of missions in a bit. (1) Parum missions, (2) Moatoob missions, (3) Neudaiz missions, (4) Colony missions

EDIT: I'll be on soon. I didn't mean to be late.