PDA

View Full Version : Are the Ollakas.... LEARNING?

pikachief
Mar 27, 2010, 05:29 PM
I've been a part of this game since the beta and I remember ollaka kings being so silly because they would run up to you and stand there with their mouth opened.

Now I've always known that they do this because they are supposed to be casting a spell. But I have never seen them cast a spell before have you??

Today I was in utter shock when an Ollaka king casted Gi-Diga on me! O.O Sadly it didnt do anything to me cuz u have to be touching the ollaka to be close enough for it to hurt you and even then it does no damage.... but where did this sudden gi-diga come from?

Did the ollaka king learn gi-diga? :O

Whit
Mar 27, 2010, 05:57 PM
It's evolution at work!

Freeze
Mar 27, 2010, 06:14 PM
Ok I admit it, I've been training the Ollakas. They're not very smart so it's taken a long time but it's finally starting to pay off.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 27, 2010, 06:16 PM
Huh, so if a species of fire element pigs are hunted down for 3 or so years, they develop the ability to create matter around them that slams into the ground, damaging attackers.

So that's how evolution works!

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 27, 2010, 06:20 PM
Ok I admit it, I've been training the Ollakas. They're not very smart so it's taken a long time but it's finally starting to pay off.
Yeah well I've been teaching them to Jabroga and Tornado Dance, it's just a matter of time...

desturel
Mar 27, 2010, 06:34 PM
You've probably killed them so quickly that you've never noticed before. Here's another secret, any king can command any non-king creature with their call. For example if you have an ageeta king and a group of normal ollaka, if the ageeta king does it's call, the ollaka will run around it in circles like they when the ollaka king does it's call.

It's all of the small stuff you have time to notice when you do runs with a class that kills things slowly.

DragonStriker
Mar 27, 2010, 07:50 PM
You've probably killed them so quickly that you've never noticed before. Here's another secret, any king can command any non-king creature with their call. For example if you have an ageeta king and a group of normal ollaka, if the ageeta king does it's call, the ollaka will run around it in circles like they when the ollaka king does it's call.

It's all of the small stuff you have time to notice when you do runs with a class that kills things slowly.

I can command you with my call.

*Makes obnoxious grunting noise*

Now! Go make me a sandwich!

Chuck_Norris
Mar 27, 2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah well I've been teaching them to Jabroga and Tornado Dance, it's just a matter of time...

Yeah? Well, I taught the Jarbas how to junction magic to their stats. So now they got Haste on their speed stat, Ultima on their attack stat, and Full Life on their health.

...And they'll probably still lose.

RemiusTA
Mar 28, 2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah? Well, I taught the Jarbas how to junction magic to their stats. So now they got Haste on their speed stat, Ultima on their attack stat, and Full Life on their health.

...And they'll probably still lose.

Yeah, probably. You notice all the materia jammed into the heads of the other Neudaiz monsters isnt helping them too much.

Cranberry
Mar 28, 2010, 01:50 PM
This would be a pretty cool gameplay mechanic if the monsters learn to adapt to your tactics.

Mysterious-G
Mar 28, 2010, 02:01 PM
This would be a pretty cool gameplay mechanic if the monsters learn to adapt to your tactics.

Tenora would make a hell lot of money from all the monsters suddenly buying axes to use for Jabroga. :-?

pikachief
Mar 28, 2010, 05:27 PM

yea i know about the king commanding thing :)

idk about the ollaka king always doing this :/ i've sat down and just laughed at him before cuz i used to just not do anything to them and watch them walk up to me with their mouths open and not do anything, so im sure i would've noticed before :)

Also when Demons Above S first came out me and 2 other played it. the only time we died is when an ollaka king and 2 other ollakas killed us each like 4 times lol XD

goldbrease
Mar 28, 2010, 06:29 PM
I always thought the ollaka were trying to sing me to death. or they were asking for food.

RemiusTA
Mar 28, 2010, 07:50 PM
or they were asking for food.

this made me laugh out loud btw

JesMaz
Mar 29, 2010, 05:27 PM
Ollaka is best on Rye

RemiusTA
Mar 30, 2010, 02:58 AM
so when your 6 member decked out party catches a barrage of Ollaka-Majarrabroga in the mouth we know what to blame