PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Cops do the weekend, played by Me...

BlackRose
Mar 2, 2003, 10:46 PM
This isn't really a rant in the usual sense, i'm not really mad... but I could be if I really tried.

It all started last saturday night. Mom and I were to go to my brother's house for dinner, and then I was going over to a friend's house afterwards. So, mom and I are getting set to go, we get in the car, pull out...

3 blocks later, the exhaust system falls off while we are sitting at a stoplight.

I run back to the house and get a wrench and a flashlight (it's dark out), to take off the hanging bit so it doesn't drag while we drive to the muffler shop.

I get back, jack the car up, crawl under, click the flashlight on, and set it on the ground. The bulb burns out. Keep in mind that my mom is standing right there, so i had to make sure to yell all my obscenities while noisy cars were passing.

I ended up taking the drawstring off of my hoodie and tying the exhaust pipe to the bottom of the car in the dark (I looked again today and noticed that I tied it to the fuel line...)

So, we get the thing running and drive back to our house, since the muffler shops are closed by now. (You've never heard a four-banger that loud, I don't care HOW big of a tailpipe the ricer had.)

Anyway, my brother still wants to have us over for dinner... so he comes to pick us up. He arrives, I climb in the backseat, shut my door... and the dome light stays on. No, it wasn't someone else's door, mine had broken a hinge. At this point of the night, i've given up being angry.

Surprisingly enough, the rest of that night goes fine...

The next morning, I was awoken by my friend's sister at 8:30 with a call from my mother; she said she was picking me up at 1 pm (WHY did I need to know four and a half hours in advance?) So at 1 pm, with 4 hours' sleep, I go home.

In the car, I am "briefed" about the fact that I am cooking dinner for 8 people while my mom goes to a show. Corned beef and cabbage, cookbook's on the shelf over the stovetop, byeseeyalatertakecaredontburnthehousedownSLAM.

Understand, that I have trouble with toast.

The garbage disposal clogged while I was peeling the first potato. The biggest pan we have was large enough to contain the beef and one carrot. The exhaust fan in the kitchen was boarded up for the winter, and I couldn't find the ladder to take the smoke alarm down.
Somehow, I pulled it off... though I feel I've sweated about 30 pounds.

And so I stand before you, and I say: if fate has any more curveballs to throw in the last two hours of this weekend, LET THEM COME.

ABDUR101
Mar 2, 2003, 11:01 PM
...I'm talking to you on AIM.

Yeah! Did'nt see that coming, did you?!

..ok, seriously. I'm sorry all that crap happened, but the fact that you did'nt let it get to you to the extent that I've seen it get to others is a good thing. =)

..everything was ok until you pulled out the phone cord ,_,